10,694 replies to this topic
Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

Hopefully not your father

• Members
  • Belgium
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted A day ago

The Lambo phone is like a Rolls Royce and the Galaxy S8 is like a Lambo. Luxury vs Latest Tech.

Technology stays, luxury stays for ever ?

I really hope there will come a day that we just can mod or phones, just like people can upgrade PC's now.

It's possible but it's not that easy. There are some shops in my area that do such stuff. 

Yea, but imagin just to pop open a phone yourself by unscrewing it at 4 points, then having the front and the back come off, and then pretty much having inside a screen, kinda placed/clicked into the front part, then some sort of "motherboard" and then just on that motherboard some removable memory chips and processor chips and such...just changing those 4 things would already be really neat....heck, i would not even mind if the phone has to be bigger then and have manual "real" buttons instead of touchscreen.

Stellasin
  • Stellasin

Let's sit and talk

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted A day ago

Yeah it would be great to do such stuff. But again smartphone developers put more hard work to reduce the thickness of the phone and so on. It might be just too complicated in the future to modify a phone.

Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

• Members
  • Belgium
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted A day ago

Indeed.. shame.

I would not mind phones 3 times ticker then most of the ones we got these days tbh.

xFluttershy
  • xFluttershy

Classic car enthusiast

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 hours ago

I wanna see a truly modular/customizable phone, like that phone blocks or Motorola's Aria Idea that was floating around. I don't think they ever made production.

phonebloks-560560.jpg

• Darth Absentis and Neon_Dreaming like this

Stellasin
  • Stellasin

Let's sit and talk

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 hours ago

I wanna see a truly modular/customizable phone, like that phone blocks or Motorola's Aria Idea that was floating around. I don't think they ever made production.

phonebloks-560560.jpg

That phone looks like it will come off inside my pocket. Maybe a back cover would be perfect.

Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

• Members
  • Belgium
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 16 hours ago

phonebloks-560560.jpg

That phone looks like it will come off inside my pocket. Maybe a back cover would be perfect.
Might actually go well...
Drop your phone and instead of breaking it just loses parts :)

Nelly2K
  • Nelly2K

Rat

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 14 hours ago Edited by Nelly2K, 14 hours ago.

Isn't that what used to happen years ago? My dad always reminds me of when he used to drop a phone just the casing and battery etc would all come tumbling off and all you did was stick it all back together!
  • Darth Absentis likes this

Stellasin
  • Stellasin

Let's sit and talk

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 hours ago

Isn't that what used to happen years ago? My dad always reminds me of when he used to drop a phone just the casing and battery etc would all come tumbling off and all you did was stick it all back together!

I'm sure you remember this. Worlds indestructible phone

VUZj6Ts.jpg

• ten-a-penny, Darth Absentis and LincolnClay like this

Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

• Members
  • Belgium
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 13 hours ago

I'm sure you remember this. Worlds indestructible phone
VUZj6Ts.jpg
I owned that one briefly...truelly amazing phone it was...again...i really like some mix between that and a modern android smartphone.

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 10 hours ago

^^You might be in luck
https://www.nokia.co...ones/nokia-3310

Nelly2K
  • Nelly2K

Rat

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 10 hours ago

That phone's older than me I think in truth!

Stellasin
  • Stellasin

Let's sit and talk

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 8 hours ago

I hope that they include the hammer, drill, rock features as well.

Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

• Members
  • Belgium
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 6 hours ago

^^You might be in luck
https://www.nokia.co...ones/nokia-3310

Thing is that i feel like the nokia 3310 in this case is just like a promo name of you get what i mean...

Like really...does this phone has anything in common with the original ?

AiŽaŠobŽa
  • AiŽaŠobŽa

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 3 hours ago

I bet those ones wouldn't survive being thrown off a 10 story building and then run over by a semi like the original models 

Blondie
  • Blondie

I know about what you did and I wanna scream the truth.

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 3 hours ago

A few days ago my friend and I were going to a little village in the Netherlands with big tropical greenhouses. On my way to the tropical greenhouses, we had to go on this really small bicycle path and a group of racing cyclists were behind me, ringing their bells the whole god damn time. Like, I could already hear you the first time, give me some god damn time to give you some space, then they came really close and my friend gets really scared of those situations, like she already struggles with going to other places because she has a form of anxiety so I felt really bad for her getting pushed into this situation but I literally snapped at them. Truth to be told, I should be happy I didn't got attacked by them or that the police was called because I turned into a psycho, lol. I have encountered many negative situations with racing cyclists, mainly because they always act like they own the road and the bicycle paths.

• 21:6 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users