Posted 30 November 2016 - 09:06 PM

get manhunt 1 on steam asap its 100% worth it if u dont have it already

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 November 2016 - 11:10 PM

You know, I am actually thinking about giving Manhunt 2 another go. I remember I did one playthrough of it years ago and later sold the game because I wasn't too crazy about it. Looking back now, I think the game probably wasn't as bad as I thought it was. I remember I wasn't too crazy about the part when you played as Leo going up the building and shooting down a helicopter because it kind of took away from the overall feel of the game. I just need to get a new PS2 or get my PS3 fixed at least and then maybe I will buy this game again. I am sure it's cheap these days.

By the way, I still sometimes laugh about the lines from the hunters and from Starkweather from the first game. The line, "You're at it again. Chase me! Chase me! Just like a teenage girl" still cracks me up. Something tells me that Brian Cox gave it his all in that role. That guy is truly a good actor.

If you play Manhunt 2, play the PC version. The console versions are terribly cut down.

LeakyLine
  • LeakyLine

|PaletoStrong|[PBMO]

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 December 2016 - 08:27 PM

Too bad since America is a giant pussy, Manhunt 3 will never be.
  • Achlys and Two And Three like this

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 December 2016 - 03:45 PM

America never banned it...that was the UK, Australia i think, and a bunch of smaller countries.

Gunnalingus
  • Gunnalingus

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2016 - 09:18 PM

Is it possible to explore Carcer City or are all the levels in warehouses?

SMACKED!
  • SMACKED!

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 29 December 2016 - 02:23 AM

Is it possible to explore Carcer City or are all the levels in warehouses?

nope its a stealth game,,, all leves are in warehouses

SpooferJahk
  • SpooferJahk

*insert title here*

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:39 AM

Ah Manhunt, easily my favorite Rockstar game just for it being a horror game that did legitimate frighten me when most others don't. When something scares me it is when it is a situation that can happen in real life. Having some psychotic escaped mental patient in a smiley face mask stalk you in the shadows COULD be a real scenario. Also playing the game on PC in full HD with EAX enabled really makes it a great experience.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:10 PM

Just noticed a small update patch for this on ps4. Can't seem to find any notes for fixes, ect, let alone mention of it even happening... would be nice to know what was fixed/changed.

FilipCRO
  • FilipCRO

I ❤ Vice City

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 13 February 2017 - 01:51 AM Edited by FilipCRO, 13 February 2017 - 01:38 PM.

I would KILL for a Manhunt 3 now.
The original game was a masterpiece in terms of soundtrack and atmosphere

• Achlys and Ivan1997GTA like this

Achlys
  • Achlys

I Can Tell You're Curious, It's Written On Your Lips

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 13 February 2017 - 02:06 AM Edited by Achlys, 13 February 2017 - 02:10 AM.

I would kill for a Manhunt 3 now.

+1000000
I also love the quotes.

2:28
  • FilipCRO and Payne Killer like this

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2017 - 02:23 PM

I would kill for a Manhunt 3 now.

+1000000
I also love the quotes.

2:28
The Pervs were the best gang in this game.
  • Achlys likes this

Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 February 2017 - 04:12 PM Edited by Helegad, 13 February 2017 - 04:28 PM.

America never banned it...that was the UK, Australia i think, and a bunch of smaller countries.

Not true. BBFC wanted to keep it banned, but their decision was overturned by a high court. As for Australia, Manhunt 2 was simply never submitted to the OFLC. Smart move. I think we have the ESRB to thank for the pliers > testicles removal, plus Leo's more "morally encouraging" guide (eg. "It was either them or you, remember that."), but it's true that America never banned it, even in its' original form, it was just going to get an AO rating, which means no PS2/Xbox AFAIK.

OFLC actually gave the first Manhunt MA15+ for medium level violence. Go figure. It was only banned after the whole Stefan Pakeerah thing in the UK, which the media irresponsibly promoted it as being obsessively played by Warren LeBlanc based from a single quote from Stefan's mother, when in fact it was Stefan who owned it in the first place. Neither of them were 18. I would put down $20 that Stefan's mother bought it for him and just didn't take an interest in what it was. My first copy of GTA III was purchased with parental supervision, but my mum never realized what the game was either, just not interested enough.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users