ILL SWALLOW YOUR SOUL

• The Yardies
  • None
  • 2nd Prettiest Snowflake 2017
    Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 05 May 2016 - 01:03 AM Edited by Midnight Hitman, 05 May 2016 - 03:14 AM.

If there was already a topic about this, i can't seem to find it, which is a good thing because i like to be the OP of sh*t i like.

First all, i love this game, the atmosphere, the gameplay, the enemies, the levels, the violence and even the protag, i love everything about it.

Being aware about the outrage about this title, i was expecting something way more rough and controversial, but the game is fairly tame sans the gore, i thought you were gonna play as a serial killer but you are just playing as a man forced to act in a snuff movie to get his freedom back, much like Bully, this game was branded as something it wasn't and R* used that publicity really well.
Lolmao buttseks.

The protag James is not a charming guy or says much, but he does enough to be better than the psychos and sadists he puts up with, he even rescues some people and kills the responsible of everything. The story is simple and entertaining enough, is just getting taken from one place to another and survive the freaks there, they range from pedos, maniacs and neo-nazis, every move you make is filmed, so the stealth kills have a purpose, a perfect setting for a videogame.

I suggest this sh*t to everyone who likes a good gameplay, a tense atmosphere, challenge and gore.

There's also a sequel to this masterpiece, but i'd prefer no one to mention that acidic yak turd in this topic thanks.

PIGGSY

piggsy.jpg

Sinttulo_151.jpg
  • The Mysterious One, ClaudeSpeed1911, Letus and 7 others like this

toxluv
  • toxluv

男の子は泣かない

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Italy

Posted 05 May 2016 - 10:37 AM

A thing I loved about Manhunt is when you get spotted and you start running away from the Hunters - your heart starts to beat faster and you fear to get killed, it's like you're in James Earl Cash's shoes, and that's amazing! Yeah, when the game starts to get harder you really have to calculate every single movement you make. Playing with the radar off on Hardcore difficulty is an experience itself. I prefer Hardcore over Fetish because anything can happen as you don't know where the Hunters are - you have to open your eyes and ears to figure out where they are, approximately, and this makes the game more enjoyable in my opinion. I agree with you on the atmosphere, it really makes you feel as the protagonist yourself.

Which is your guys favourite gang? My favourite Hunters are the Smileys, they're hilariously insane - haha! You can read all their dialogue here, there are many related videos on YouTube, as well. Surprisingly, the script of the game is long 525 pages: there are a total of 500 pages of dialogue spoken by the Hunters and Lionel Starkweather, while the storyline itself is long 25 pages only.
  • Payne Killer, The Deadite and AUScowboy like this

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 05 May 2016 - 12:18 PM

Its been a long time since I last played this game. It does get repetitive at times but overall its a solid game. Great atmosphere, and quite challenging at higher difficulty.
There are also mods that restore a lot of the cut content which actually makes the game even better. I will try the game with the mods installed to check out the differences between both versions.
  • Polyphony likes this

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2016 - 03:06 PM Edited by Piggsy pls, 05 May 2016 - 03:12 PM.

The thing I love about this game is how unique it is. You will not find any game out there like it. Not even the sequel, although I still like it a bit. If you have Manhunt 2 for PC, you NEED the beta mod for it.

fak u midnight hitman I mentioned the sequel

Edit: There's also a first person mod for the first game, which I use. Combined with a controller, it takes the game on a whole nother level.
  • ClaudeSpeed1911, The Deadite and Polyphony like this

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

ILL SWALLOW YOUR SOUL

• The Yardies
  • None
  • 2nd Prettiest Snowflake 2017
    Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 06 May 2016 - 12:56 AM Edited by Midnight Hitman, 06 May 2016 - 12:57 AM.

fak u midnight hitman I mentioned the sequel

ERROR-404-TOPIC RUINED
  • Piggsy pls, slimeball supreme, CharlesVercetti and 3 others like this

"Bad characteristics covered in Christs blood"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2016 - 02:37 AM

I haven't played my copy in a while. To be honest I was kinda reluctant to play it at all since it didn't work out of the box and I had to download a fix for it. :( 

gunziness
  • gunziness

Homie

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 06 May 2016 - 04:01 AM

The sequel is not that bad. I think its much grittier than the first one. There are quite a lot of issues with the game but I fairly enjoyed it.

The first one is a very good game, it took me time to get in the mood because as someone already said, the first missions get repetitive quick, after that it turns interesting. Liked the characters and even more the Antagonist who was voiced by Brian Cox, actor that I really like.

toxluv
  • toxluv

男の子は泣かない

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Italy

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:41 AM

The sequel is not that bad. I think its much grittier than the first one. There are quite a lot of issues with the game but I fairly enjoyed it.

The first one is a very good game, it took me time to get in the mood because as someone already said, the first missions get repetitive quick, after that it turns interesting. Liked the characters and even more the Antagonist who was voiced by Brian Cox, actor that I really like.

Never got the chance to play Manhunt 2, and I really want to. I like the fact that it has a more articulated and complex storyline, and that the gameplay has been fairly improved, adding the ability to climb and crawl, "Environmental Executions", "Gun Executions", and "Jumping Executions", just to name a few. Also, when you're in the shadows and a Hunter is looking for you, you have to regulate your heartbeat through button combinations in order to not get spotted, plus lights can be broken to create shadows, and all of these are a nice touch.

I agree, the game gets repetitive up until "View of Innocence", that mission in which you meet the Innocentz for the first time, and finally unlock the ability to use actual guns. The voice acting was amazing, and Brian Cox's performance really surprised me - he contributed giving the game that frightening atmosphere we all know and love with his voice.

I think people prefer the first one especially because Manhunt 2 is heavily censored, and considering that executions are the major gameplay element of both games, it strongly influenced the reception of the game from the fanbase.

• Mister Pink and ClaudeSpeed1911 like this

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2016 - 11:37 AM

Censor isn't the only issue with the second game though, the PC version is uncensored by default and it's a lot more violent than the first game. The problem is that the studio creating it (Vienna) closed down when the game was almost finished, and when Rockstar London/Toronto took over, they changed the story several times, and a lot of levels where cut. Look on the manhunt wiki or on projectmanhunt forums, you'll see a whole bunch of sh*t was cut from the game, it was originally much larger than the first. Additionally, the AI in that game is terrible, prone to glitching, walking in circles etc.
  • ClaudeSpeed1911 and The Deadite like this

CharlesVercetti
  • CharlesVercetti

Back to the business...

• Members
  • India

Posted 09 May 2016 - 11:36 AM

I quite enjoyed Manhunt. At a point of the game, I was stuck,and it took me months to overcome it. The climax was damn gory.Don't know about the second one though.
  • Polyphony likes this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:35 AM

I fell in love with this game when I was a kid, I've never seen a game with such detailed beautiful gore before...I dream for the day that Manhunt 3 comes out, but that probably won't happen :(...

CRAZYGTASAINT
  • CRAZYGTASAINT

The Crazy GTA Saint

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 May 2016 - 08:15 PM Edited by CRAZYGTASAINT, 18 May 2016 - 08:40 PM.

Found a former DMA/Rockstar Employee on this job website.

Among his work were the texture for Vice City and San Andreas for the original GTA (But they were nothing new)

However I did find some Manhunt concept art...

Image 1:

Spoiler

Image 2:

Spoiler

Image 3:

Spoiler

Image 4:

Spoiler

Source: https://www.behance.net/craigmoore

P.S. If these have been found before then feel free to call me a dumbass  :breadfish:

EDIT: It seems they have been found before but not documented very well

• Mikeol2014, universetwisters, Mega and 10 others like this

epicluca
  • epicluca

Red Dead Remasterdemption

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 19 May 2016 - 08:17 AM

You're my hero CRAZYGTASAINT
  • CRAZYGTASAINT likes this

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2016 - 01:13 PM

I remember these were posted on projectmanhunt.com, last year I think. Notice one of the concept arts is from a first person perspective, the game was originally in first person.
  • CRAZYGTASAINT likes this

CRAZYGTASAINT
  • CRAZYGTASAINT

The Crazy GTA Saint

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:06 PM

What I think is cool is that the concept artist is clearly given a description of Carcer City and he just goes with it. I wish Carcer City would have been like the pictures.

Another thing that intrigues me is that Manhunt was being developed during the DMA days or at least in concept stages. (I'm sure a DMA employee said this in an interview about GTA). I wonder how different the game was back then.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:48 PM

The first render looks like GTA 2 map models, which is interesting.
  • Ridd likes this

/_/_Xrtist_/_/
  • /_/_Xrtist_/_/

Xrtist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:22 PM

after seeing these screens and the way they look, now i'm 100% percent sure that Manhunt uses GTAIII engine and not VC as a lot of people claiming so.

GN 1992
  • GN 1992

aka gnad.1992

• GTAF Crew
  • Brazil
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 May 2016 - 08:49 PM

Image 4:

Spoiler

This one is pretty awesome, the dark feel, the booze and cigarettes. Thanks for posting this.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Facade
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 28 May 2016 - 11:25 AM

after seeing these screens and the way they look, now i'm 100% percent sure that Manhunt uses GTAIII engine and not VC as a lot of people claiming so.

Howso? It isn't like it's that hard to change sh*t in Vice City to make it emulate GTA 3 if that were the case. How about you try to back your statement up.

Speaking of Vice City, is it just me or does it look like, in the third image, they used the junkyard from Vice City in the background?

oEZ2Hni.png

Markuza
  • Markuza

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2016 - 03:01 PM Edited by Markuza97, 28 May 2016 - 10:56 PM.

Howso? It isn't like it's that hard to change sh*t in Vice City to make it emulate GTA 3 if that were the case. How about you try to back your statement up.

Speaking of Vice City, is it just me or does it look like, in the third image, they used the junkyard from Vice City in the background?

oEZ2Hni.png

3VXAy3j.png

• R4gN0r0K, Letus, Piggsy pls and 3 others like this

Predator
  • Predator

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 June 2016 - 11:15 PM

awsome

• DeeAy, Femme Fatale, Payne Killer and 2 others like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 28 June 2016 - 12:46 PM

I still have a copy of Manhunt I bought on XBOX in 2004 before the tight ass Australian censorship laws banned it and as such I never got to play the sequel.:(

Admitedly I didn't play that much of it, but it had a cool atmosphere and had one of the best stealth systems of any R* game.

I keep hoping for a Manhunt 3, but the concept of the original was so unique at the time I just don't know and I wouldn't want it infected with online bullsh*t.
  • Rejeckted likes this

Mikeol2014
  • Mikeol2014

Juan more time

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 07 July 2016 - 01:11 AM

that's funny I was led to believe they were on the same Engine. RenderWare.

Rascalov
  • Rascalov

We must obey the rules of the game.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 24 October 2016 - 12:42 PM

Manhunt was a decent game, one of the few R* titles I never got round to completing admittedly, but it's definitely one of the better action games on the old PS2. 

I loved its soundtrack, some really atmospheric & eerie tracks this is my favourite. 

• Piggsy pls, Femme Fatale and Polyphony like this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 24 October 2016 - 03:59 PM

Oh yeah, the soundtrack is my second favorite thing about the game, behind the executions...
  • Polyphony and Rascalov like this

Polyphony
  • Polyphony

Cacophony

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2016 - 01:21 AM

Manhunt was fantastic.

Still is, and you can still see its influences in games made for years afterward.

Especially R* games, much similarity with Warriors and the later GTA games as far as gameplay mechanics.

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 25 October 2016 - 05:48 AM

Does anyone here play it on the 360? I do, and I listen different types of music while doing so...Sometimes I listen to extreme metal to fit the game's gritty theme, and sometimes Wham! to turn it into a dark comedy...Just imagine a dude getting disemboweled while Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go plays in the background...

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 November 2016 - 01:22 PM

Manhunt was fantastic.
Still is, and you can still see its influences in games made for years afterward.
Especially R* games, much similarity with Warriors and the later GTA games as far as gameplay mechanics.

Was playing Last Of Us recently and the original Manhunt's influence is all over it. Bring back Manhunt R*, when done right it's the only game to really get my blood pumping via fear and not just anger.

The Mysterious One
  • The Mysterious One

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 November 2016 - 03:50 AM

You know, I am actually thinking about giving Manhunt 2 another go. I remember I did one playthrough of it years ago and later sold the game because I wasn't too crazy about it. Looking back now, I think the game probably wasn't as bad as I thought it was. I remember I wasn't too crazy about the part when you played as Leo going up the building and shooting down a helicopter because it kind of took away from the overall feel of the game. I just need to get a new PS2 or get my PS3 fixed at least and then maybe I will buy this game again. I am sure it's cheap these days.

By the way, I still sometimes laugh about the lines from the hunters and from Starkweather from the first game. The line, "You're at it again. Chase me! Chase me! Just like a teenage girl" still cracks me up. Something tells me that Brian Cox gave it his all in that role. That guy is truly a good actor.

• ROCKSTAR MANIC and SMACKED! like this

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

The Vice City Coke Baron

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 November 2016 - 05:57 PM

I can't remember.. But those One-liners stark weather gave were so in tune with the atmosphere. I still remember that skinhead in the trailer taking a sh*t and complaining about the smell. lmfao, good times.

• Payne Killer likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users