157 replies to this topic
Maibatsu545
  • Maibatsu545

veritas vos liberabit

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 May 2016 - 03:45 AM

Two things:

1.) Turn down the satire. R* aren't as clever as they think they are. GTA5's satire was off-point. We get it, people in LA are shallow and self centered. Been an overdone joke since the 80s. Last time Yoga jokes were funny was during the bush administration. Not in a game released in 2013. I don't mind a little light hearted goofiness here and there, But that in your face mean spirited garbage has got to go. It makes the world depressing to inhabit and not fun to play.

2.) 400px-Gtavmissionfailedrouteabandoned.jp

This sh*t right here. Do not tell me where to f*cking go or what to do on a mission. GTA didn't become what it is today because of the story, that came second. What comes first was always the freedom it's gameplay used to allow, especially in missions. How about less scripted sh*t and give us more variety in how we can complete missions. GTA III is fun for this reason, plenty of different ways to complete a mission. GTAV penalizes you at time for not driving the right route or walking in the right direction. f*ck off with that. GTA is about player choice.
  • O.Z, B Dawg, Carbonox and 19 others like this

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 09 May 2016 - 04:56 AM

IV didn't really make me laugh as often as the previous games which still brings plenty of laughs easily because the grasp of humor, the parody and satirical targets in the old games didn't take itself so seriously, unlike the realism seen in everything about the current games.
The modern satire of todays real world in IV and V is so uninteresting that its really forgettable. They need to bring back the kind of funny news, sppofs and parodies seen in the classic GTA's that still holds up. I guess the modern GTA's are struggling to become more mature and appear funny at the same time which fails to impress me, and turns out boring quickly. The old GTAs were stuffed with funny jokes and humour that seemed to bring out the child in all of us rather than trying to target the younger audience in order to make them feel mature and understand the kind of boring humour they want us to laugh at.
Going in the direction of realism, mature and serious take on everything that made GTA work in the golden days is starting to hurt the appeal more than benefiting from it.
Lastly, I'd like to quote this simple point about, "the Easter Eggs, jokes, and some of the more satirical/humorous elements of GTA SA. The GTA games have always shined at satire, even in games with more serious stories to be told like GTA SA, there are some remarkable parodies, easter eggs and out and out insults to be found. Rockstar has created almost an entire world of products and themes underlying the world of Grand Theft Auto. Some you're probably aware of like Ammu-Nation, the massive gun store run by violent, paranoid conspiracy buffs"
  • rivaldobox likes this

stcro1
  • stcro1

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2016 - 09:58 AM

unpopular opinion but female protagonist and corrupt cop

• Pete4000uk likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 09 May 2016 - 06:15 PM

- No returning characters
- No tacky new cars with old names slapped on them
- No characters that try to hard to be psychotic (I found Eddie Low scarier than Trevor for a multitude of reasons. Trevor was just daft while Eddie, the dude was sick in the head)
- No dated pop songs for pop stations please unless they're pre-2000 hits
- No sacrified SP focus
- Less scripted scenes and missions
- Less enemy accuracy
- Less robotic cops
- No scripted chases or actions or any of that
- No arcade physics or crashes
  • Zeta87 and Econobrick like this

Touge Spirit Leader
  • Touge Spirit Leader

garage seventy-six

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2016 - 06:20 PM Edited by Touge Spirit Leader, 10 May 2016 - 06:21 PM.

-No female protagonist. Call me what you will but if the next GTA has a female protagonist then GTA 5 will be the last one I'll ever buy.

-No multiple protagonist mechanism, tried it once and didn't enhance anything.

-No "genre-jumbling" with radio stations. Los Santos Rock Radio should have been two stations, "Circle In The Sand" is decidedly not rock.

-No catering to the lowest common denominator, this means the following.

• No more arcadey cars without suspensions. Edge closer to GTA 4 vehicle physics.
  • Bring back GTA 4's rag doll physics.
  • No mission checkpoints.
  • Avoid the overbearing presence of the online mode, honestly it's always been more fun when online was an afterthought.
  • Get rid of the fart jokes, bring back sophisticated humor.
  • Journey_95 and Miscer like this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 12 May 2016 - 02:35 AM Edited by Journey_95, 12 May 2016 - 02:36 AM.

unpopular opinion but female protagonist and corrupt cop

Agree on the former, I would rather not have a female/gay whatever protagonist just to pander to some people

But I think a corrupt cop could be really interesting if its handled right

• Miscer likes this

UAL
  • UAL

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 May 2016 - 03:52 AM Edited by UAL, 12 May 2016 - 08:41 AM.

I don't want... 

forced/childish humour. Already made a thread on this.

pathetic and recycled gunshot sounds - makes the gunplay seem less satisfying

weapons that look like tactical unit weapons - the weapons in V just looked too "clean" and didn't look like weapons street criminals would use. That Splinter Cell sh*t needs to be thrown out.

player restriction - V really felt restricted at times. I hated being forced to live in Franklins mansion, it just messed with the freedom which is ironic seeing as GTA is all about having the freedom to do as you wish. We were basically forced to have a safe house in a location that was a chore to navigate to and from. Sure it was nice inside but we should be able to choose what part of the map we want a safe house in. Even the wardrobe was quite restricted, you weren't able to wear certain garments with others and had to wait until you finished the story to go shirtless for some reason....def need a san andreas style wardrobe system for the next.

I REALLY don't want to see another construction site that stays in the same unfinished state throughout the entire game. I thought the Mile High club (many others as well) would get completed over the course of the story, but in true GTA fashion it turned out to be just another unfinished prop.

I'd list more but I've made so many posts on here critiquing V it's repetitive now.

• Zeta87, Maibatsu545, GTA-Biker and 1 other like this

UAL
  • UAL

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 May 2016 - 04:06 AM

-RPG elements. I find it strange to to have these in a game where the protagonist should already be proficiently skilled. It was sh*t in San Andreas as CJ felt like a complete n00b. The guy stole f*cking cars for Joey Leone and had a crappy driving skill when he came back? WTF? Did he forget how to drive or something?

What do you mean? You say it as if driving was difficult when you first play the game.

bloatedsack
  • bloatedsack

My boner.

• GTAF Crew
  • Vatican-City

Posted 12 May 2016 - 05:00 AM

f*cking jetpacks.

Seriously, f*ck the entire idea of it.

Mindless busy work like going to cut my hair, forced to eat, all that work out/get fat sh*t. Might as well add having to do my taxes to teh list of sh*t I don't want to be in a video game I'm playing to avoid doing in real life.

A zillion fighting styles. Again, that's effort.

It's cool if that sort of sh*t is optional, liek do it and get a character appearance change out of it, but to have it all flucating as part of "living in GTA," no.

I can't understand the hate on Quick Saving, either. Why? Again, I don't want to have to drive home and save, sometimes I want to turn off and move on with my life just like that.

• Journey_95 and The Deadite like this

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

here is wondering how long a member title actually could be

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 15 May 2016 - 01:28 AM

No more fake heists that dont pay out nothing
  • Sunrise Driver, CharliesHead and Pink Pineapple like this

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 15 May 2016 - 12:47 PM

- Taking this thread for reference. Need to reconsider the idea of respawning enemies. I like the idea of respawning over time than keeping it till you are dead. It should be handled in a more realistic manner.
- Need to place more emphasis on more choices to include in the gameplay. For instance, in IV, the player gets little to no interesting choices nor opportunities to apply melee combat or use stealth more often than just driving and shooting every living thing ( rinse and repeat ). The actual missions are designed with more cut scenes with hardly any freedom or choices in the approach for the gameplay, and then people wonder why gameplay in IV was cringingly boring. Instead of blaming lazy gameplay they believe the players are 10 year old kids who can't handle dark, and serious storyline. Its because of the poorly designed choices that many find the gameplay boring, not because of the serious storyline.
Games like VC, SA, Mafia 1 clearly offer so much variety in the missions that keep you thoroughly engaged in the gameplay. Something I was really expecting IV to offer some actual maturity in the gameplay department instead of downgrading it too much with overly scripted, linear scenarios. I'd rather play over the top, thrilling, and exciting desert missions in SA over the repetitive missions in IV.
- Please do not repeat the same formula that has become stale now. Place more emphasis in changing the formula as much as possible to try in making GTA experience as fresh as possible, offering more important changes than pointless gimmicks.

The Ost
  • The Ost

Prankster

• Members

Posted 16 May 2016 - 05:24 AM

- no more nostalgia

CharliesHead
  • CharliesHead

I'm the... I dunno...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2016 - 07:37 AM

no dumbed down shooting or driving mechanics
no online or shark cards
no trevor
no mediocre story
no bad AIs
no tennis, yoga or stock market
no trevor
no multiple protagonists (i'd rather have to look after one protagonist than three)
no enemy NPCs with terminator aim (including cops, gangsters, etc)
no annoying police car ramming the back of your supercar even though your car is way faster
no idiotic restrictions like not being able to pull out a weapon in your house, michael not being able to change shoes without it changing to his default suit, failing the mission because you went too far away, etc.
NO TREVOR
no lack of criminal side activities
no bringing in a f*ck-ton of characters from a past GTA for no reason
NO TREVOR
no pedestrians that die within literally one gunshot (i actually want them to take a bit of damage before they die)
no missions that are too linear (give us freedom of approach like in IV)

DID I MENTION NO TREVOR

Trevor was personally my favorite character. Which isn't actually saying much at all considering I hated ALL of the characters in GTA V. I actually hate Trevor the most. The only reason he's my favorite is because he was able to make me laugh. Did I say laugh? I meant more like a slight chuckle. The only chuckle I ever made through the whole entire game.
My god, was the satire bad in that game. Every time the radio commercial breaks came on I cringed and turned off the radio. If they use the same kind of humour in GTA V for the next GTA, I will cry.

burncape
  • burncape

why

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:55 PM

I don't want the pedestrains to be rude also... Not get a wanted level if you look in front of a cop

Two things:

1.) Turn down the satire. R* aren't as clever as they think they are. GTA5's satire was off-point. We get it, people in LA are shallow and self centered. Been an overdone joke since the 80s. Last time Yoga jokes were funny was during the bush administration. Not in a game released in 2013. I don't mind a little light hearted goofiness here and there, But that in your face mean spirited garbage has got to go. It makes the world depressing to inhabit and not fun to play.

2.) 400px-Gtavmissionfailedrouteabandoned.jp

This sh*t right here. Do not tell me where to f*cking go or what to do on a mission. GTA didn't become what it is today because of the story, that came second. What comes first was always the freedom it's gameplay used to allow, especially in missions. How about less scripted sh*t and give us more variety in how we can complete missions. GTA III is fun for this reason, plenty of different ways to complete a mission. GTAV penalizes you at time for not driving the right route or walking in the right direction. f*ck off with that. GTA is about player choice.

Totally agreed, I was replaying the Prologue mission and gone out of route just to discover a Ludernoff Easter Egg but this... Mission Failed.

sagsf420
  • sagsf420

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:35 PM

-online exclusive content

-psychic psychotic robocops

-said robocops having random shootouts with NPC's every 30 seconds

-rubberbanding dear god

-cars that are glued to the ground and handle like go karts speaking of which BRING BACK THE GO KART (and other fun vehicles)

-cars that can still drive after being turned into a crumpled up tin can

-the same 5 interiors for every vehicle

-AI driving 15 mph on freeways

-being able to hear people in other cars 100 feet away talking inside my car with the radio cranked in first person

-lack of stealth

-lack of building interiors and things to do (niggtclubs, more strip clubs, fast food restaurants)

-"cinematic" music I can't turn off without muting music volume alltogether drives me nuts when i'm flying

-health regen unless I can turn it offf lol

-lack of mission checkpoints I saw someone mention this and i'm all for a challenge but failing missions in older gtas was a MAJOR pain in the ass

-locked areas of the map sure it had it's time in gta but I liked being able to explore from the start in GTA V although I think the story should still focus on certain areas at a time, especially if multiple cities are included

-hearing "the devil don't need a big dick" everywhere I go even VC and SA had more  varied AI diologue

Thats all I can think of for now but I probably have alot more that i'd hate to see lol

temi4328
  • temi4328

"The crow no longer sings to me"

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 20 May 2016 - 08:57 AM

Online exclusive content. Haven't played V in over two months because of this
No BS activities like yoga.
Freedom during missions

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

Osho's Assassin

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 20 May 2016 - 01:54 PM

Freedom during missions

Uh. You do realise you're saying you don't want freedom in missions right? :p
  • B Dawg, theGTAking101, The Deadite and 1 other like this

Creme_Brulee
  • Creme_Brulee

Another night, another patrol with you.

• Van Society
  • Portugal
  • Best Certified Crew 2016 [Van Society]
    GTAF Time Trials New Year Champion 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 21 May 2016 - 04:45 PM

I don't want that annoying stunt jump camera to come back, ever, ugh.

If I'm trying to do a stunt jump I want to know where I'm landing, I don't want to look cool while crashing into a lamp post and dying.

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 21 May 2016 - 06:20 PM

-drug highs depicted as falling from the sky with colors, as a joke I get it, but that's not cool.

-hallucinations depicted as playing as an animal. or shooting clowns or aliens, not interesting to me, just annoying

Big Mike
  • Big Mike

Alderney Resident

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2016 - 04:05 AM Edited by Big Mike, 22 May 2016 - 04:32 AM.

-hand to hand combat of V. Way too easy.
-when you instantly get a wanted level for killing a person on a mountain with nobody else around and with a silenced gun.
  • Mister Pink likes this

Kafonix
  • Kafonix

Furry pride!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 22 May 2016 - 10:56 PM

Too slow traffic AI and
adult peds only
  • Sunrise Driver and Zeta87 like this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:21 AM

As much as I love Rockstar and consider V to be the best and most fun GTA game to date, I wish - and hope - they pull their fingers out of their cash-saturated eardrums and either announce a new game or a decent expansion for the current baby, FFS.

I've defended this company religiously these past few years on this board, but this is taking the piss.

So my anti-wish? DO NOT FOCUS ON THE F*CKING ONLINE ASPECT YOU GREEDY CORPORATE BASTARDS, AND SUPPLY THOSE WHO MADE YOU WHO YOU ARE TODAY BY REWARDING THEM FOR THEIR LOYALTY
  • Algonquin Assassin, Sunrise Driver and Payne Killer like this

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

DONT YOU WANT A 🅱ALLOON???

• The Yardies
  • None
  • 2nd Prettiest Snowflake 2017
    Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:28 AM

adult peds only

God no.

There's no absolutely no reason for kids to be involved in gta in any way.
  • killdrivetheftvehicle, Payne Killer, CharliesHead and 1 other like this

Kafonix
  • Kafonix

Furry pride!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:38 AM

adult peds only

God no.

Immersion

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:03 PM

adult peds only

God no.

Immersion

So, are you against immersion or stating it as a reason to have kids? It doesn't bother my immersion not having kids around.

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:43 PM

adult peds only

God no.

Immersion
Go to a play ground.
  • The Deadite likes this

CharliesHead
  • CharliesHead

I'm the... I dunno...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:55 PM

adult peds only

God no.

Immersion
That will never happen. With recent school shootings and stuff like, having children pedestrians in a GTA game, a game about crime and killing, parents will lose their sh*t. And I can totally understand why. I can see children being in cutscenes depending on how the story goes, but children pedestrains is just far to much of a risk for R*.

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

DONT YOU WANT A 🅱ALLOON???

• The Yardies
  • None
  • 2nd Prettiest Snowflake 2017
    Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 23 May 2016 - 07:10 PM

No, keep children out of gta alltogether, not in the game and less alone in the story, i prefer to deal with adults.
Save it for a new Bully game.
  • Payne Killer likes this

CharliesHead
  • CharliesHead

I'm the... I dunno...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2016 - 07:45 PM

No, keep children out of gta alltogether, not in the game and less alone in the story, i prefer to deal with adults.
Save it for a new Bully game.

I don't know. With how the characters act in the game, it's like you've been playing with children the whole time!

That was supposed to be a joke, but with the last game, it was a bit too true.

Urustay Gordov Matt D.
  • Urustay Gordov Matt D.

JAPANESE CARS>AMERICAN CARS.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2016 - 08:02 PM

-The Car physics of GTA 5, and the multiple character system.
-Dont know.
-The car sound of GTA 5 when upgraded.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users