Battlefield 1

742 replies to this topic
Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Pretty sure it'll still be set in WW2. If anything Dice will use this to show us how hilariously bad COD's WW2 was.

Oldsport
  • Oldsport

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Idk cod doesnt look to bad but i need to see gameplay to be sold on buying it. Im sure the story mode of cod will be better, bf1 is all about sneaking around and stuff . But i cant wait to get them both

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Owner of Up-n-Atom Diner, Paleto Bay

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

WW2 hopefully. Or Vietnam. DICE doesn't need to avoid WW2 cause CoD is doing it. If anything, they'll just blow them out of the water again.

Stellasin
  • Stellasin

Let's sit and talk

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 2 weeks ago

I still feel that Battlefield Levolution is just static and not completely destructible. Why can't we bomb mountains and create landslides? 

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

• None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I still feel that Battlefield Levolution is just static and not completely destructible. Why can't we bomb mountains and create landslides? 

Well "levolution" was static. If you're referring to BF4. I made an entire video about the destruction throughout the series, and despite giant destruction events, BF4 had jack sh*t in the way of destruction. Sure you can't cause landslides in BF1, but you can pretty much demolish everything. Enough explosions or shell holes in an area and you can go from a nice french countryside, to a literal no man's land. 

Oldsport
  • Oldsport

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

PoeticWhisper is right, you can completely change the landscape by the end of a match. Level a small town if you want to, and i remember people we using explosives to create trenches and stuff

Stellasin
  • Stellasin

Let's sit and talk

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 2 weeks ago

I mean if they could make Levolution procedural, it would be much better. If we destroy the shangai skyscraper, it always comes down in the same way. There is no change in the pattern. Why can't we break other pillars and make the building fall in another direction and that will cause another building to come down too? 

Murdick
  • Murdick

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I scrapped all my skins to buy superior battlepacks and I didn't even get a tank skin. *sniff*

Oldsport
  • Oldsport

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I havent gotten a battlepack in soo long and i come in top 10 every game i play. I played about 20 games and got nothing! And also something that i find weird is that i was playing in the verdun heights map and there was a group of enemy in one bunker. They were all at the doorway and i threw a grenade in between all of them and got no kill but hit markers like crazy. That shouldve cleared out the whole room smh

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 2 weeks ago

I mean if they could make Levolution procedural, it would be much better. If we destroy the shangai skyscraper, it always comes down in the same way. There is no change in the pattern. Why can't we break other pillars and make the building fall in another direction and that will cause another building to come down too?

You'd want to play something in the Red Faction series.

And the answer as to why it isn't done that much is because it's very, very CPU intensive...it's not really viable with current computing power.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 2 weeks ago

Red Faction (the first game) was amazing. You could blow up the ground and dig tunnels. Everything was destructible. Then it's like they slowly eased up on that with every game after.

Stellasin
  • Stellasin

Let's sit and talk

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 2 weeks ago

Might be possible in the future.

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

• None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Crackdown 3's Multiplayer from what I know, will have what you're looking for. Multiplayer will use cloud computing, and the entire level is destructible and dynamic. 

• Cosmic Gypsy likes this

Stellasin
  • Stellasin

Let's sit and talk

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 2 weeks ago

Crackdown 3's Multiplayer from what I know, will have what you're looking for. Multiplayer will use cloud computing, and the entire level is destructible and dynamic. 

Looks really promising. I wish this was there in Battlefield. Maybe in the next title. Can we keep bombing the ground and make a tunnel?

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

• None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Looks really promising. I wish this was there in Battlefield. Maybe in the next title. Can we keep bombing the ground and make a tunnel?

Not sure. 

In BF1 they almost had it where the shovel could dig holes. I heard they took it out though. But they said they might test it in the CTE at some point. 

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

I must admit, Crackdown 3 level destruction for Battlefield would be the best thing ever. 

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 2 weeks ago

There's lots of problems with terrain deformation which is why the only games you really see with it are voxel-based games, any terrain deformation in standard games is very limited due to the nature of meshes/heightmaps.

As for Crackdown 3, its draw is that it's using cloud computing to perform the destruction - this let's its destruction be more procedural, but it's also entirely infeasible for most games unless the developer is able to throw a large amount of servers at just calculating destruction (which is the infeasible bit).

Again, these are just messy workarounds until we get to the point where the consumer computing power is capable of fun destruction; we'll just have to wait 'til then. Otherwise, games will be sticking with their more constrained destruction for the time being.

Stellasin
  • Stellasin

Let's sit and talk

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 2 weeks ago

Another problem may be people trying to replicate 9/11 on skyscrapers.

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

• None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Another problem may be people trying to replicate 9/11 on skyscrapers.

People do that already anyway. 

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

That would only really be a problem if the buildings the planes flew into we're designed from the twin towers and no game like this would do that for obvious reasons. 

Oldsport
  • Oldsport

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I wonder why theres no gallipoli map in multiplayer since theres one in the game already. operations on that map would be crazy coming up from the sea like a ww1 d day. The behemoth could be the dreadnought. Im bf1 i was expecting more historically accurate style mp maps but they would rather give us the generic. Ballroom blitz map is based on the chateau de chantilly and there wasnt even a fight anywhere near it

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

• None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I wonder why theres no gallipoli map in multiplayer since theres one in the game already. operations on that map would be crazy coming up from the sea like a ww1 d day. The behemoth could be the dreadnought. Im bf1 i was expecting more historically accurate style mp maps but they would rather give us the generic. Ballroom blitz map is based on the chateau de chantilly and there wasnt even a fight anywhere near it

A lot of the maps ARE historically based though. Argonne Forest for example. Same with Verdun Heights and Fort De Vaux. 

As far as Gallipoli, it's in the Singleplayer. But, we're also getting the "turning tides" DLC after "In the name of the Tsar" so it could be there. 

Oldsport
  • Oldsport

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 hours ago

Cant find any operation games smh

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users