Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:57 AM

Is that what's going on? I haven't really played much in the last week, and was playing today, and a couple times I thought it was weird that I had a grenade when I thought I'd thrown mine.

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Owner of Up-n-Atom Diner, Paleto Bay

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • None

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:15 PM

Is that what's going on? I haven't really played much in the last week, and was playing today, and a couple times I thought it was weird that I had a grenade when I thought I'd thrown mine.

Yeah you regen them now. Each grenade has it's own timer, but they're all under 60 seconds. For some reason they want to do the same with gadgets, like tank grenades, rocket guns, flares, K-Bullets I'd imagine. God I hope they see how bad of an idea that is. 

• Niobium likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:59 PM

They're turning it into Battlefront. Why they think that's a good idea with everyone saying how much they disliked "star cards" is beyond mortal comprehension.

Oldsport
  • Oldsport

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:41 PM

New old guns

mr quick
  • mr quick

Vår tid er forbi - Europa brenner!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Kenny G Enthusiast [All Time]
    Contribution [Music]

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:05 AM Edited by Marwin, 23 March 2017 - 11:10 PM.

^

https://www.youtube....h?v=GUpvZCjeVjM

e: 

I've got 12 service stars with the Chauchat now. I love the high damage, high recoil & low RoF combo. It's fairly useless against a good assault player still :p 

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 26 March 2017 - 10:44 PM

Does anyone know if infantry rifles show a reflection from a distance? You know, that shiny thing? I've been playing a lot with scout and iron sighted rifles.

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

• None

Posted 27 March 2017 - 01:40 AM

Does anyone know if infantry rifles show a reflection from a distance? You know, that shiny thing? I've been playing a lot with scout and iron sighted rifles.

Nope. Only the scopes. Infantry and Carbine versions are not affected. And scopes will not glare if it's raining or foggy. 

• mr quick likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 27 March 2017 - 07:52 PM

That's cool. I was hoping Dice wouldn't be lazy about it. Another advantage to using those guns.
  • mr quick and PoeticWhisper like this

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

• None

Posted 29 March 2017 - 06:26 PM

So Ammo 2.0 is being scrapped for the time being. Good job guys!

Also, there is a new idea DICE is doing to try and stop a bit of the community division due to DLC. 

C8FDBcEWsAABP57.jpg

Rykjeklut
  • Rykjeklut

Peon

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 02 April 2017 - 02:49 PM

^ that part about withholding XP until you've bought Premium is such petty bullsh*t man.
  • darthYENIK and mr quick like this

mr quick
  • mr quick

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
    Contribution [Music]

Posted 07 April 2017 - 10:41 PM

Yeah, it's pretty asinine. Half the fun of playing with friends is the both of you topping the scoreboards by massive margins. :p 

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

• None

Posted 09 April 2017 - 03:01 PM Edited by PoeticWhisper, 10 April 2017 - 07:57 PM.

Yeah, it's pretty asinine. Half the fun of playing with friends is the both of you topping the scoreboards by massive margins. :p

You can still top the leaderboards. The XP is still given, it's just withheld until you buy premium. (or the map pack) So basically all your XP is pooled and once you buy the maps you get all the XP you earned. 

Edit: This part wrongo^

mr quick
  • mr quick

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
    Contribution [Music]

Posted 09 April 2017 - 03:27 PM

I already do. My friend was stuck with 0 points, though. 

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

• None

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:03 PM Edited by PoeticWhisper, 10 April 2017 - 08:04 PM.

Oh, well sh*t, lol. I actually haven't tried it myself, I just seen a comment someone posted saying that you still get points. I guess he was just saying that you still technically get them, but I guess they don't show up in game. It's weird. 

Anyway, they're releasing a new map in June, they say it's for premium, but this post from Battlefield Bulliten says it'll be out for all people at a later date. It is a community Twitter account, so it may not be true, but they're usually quite on point with their tweets, so I trust 'em. 

It's called Nivelle Nights. It's the first night-time map in Battlefield 1. And the best part is, from the gameplay I saw, it's literally just a large open no mans land and trenches. Minus a few ruined buildings and trees, it's basically your typical WWI Battlefield. 

NIVELLE NIGHTS (COMING IN JUNE FOR BATTLEFIELD 1 PREMIUM PASS OWNERS)

Chemin des Dames, 1917.

As darkness falls over the muddy battlefields around Malmaison and Soupir, French and German batteries prepare to yet again support their troops on the contested ground.

The moon, the searchlights, and the artillery lights up the night skies, exposing the vast network of trenches. Bite and hold as your foe will fight for every inch of ground. Strategy and teamwork will overcome those who have neither.

8VOksD8.jpg

• Cosmic Gypsy likes this

Oldsport
  • Oldsport

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2017 - 07:48 AM

Oh, well sh*t, lol. I actually haven't tried it myself, I just seen a comment someone posted saying that you still get points. I guess he was just saying that you still technically get them, but I guess they don't show up in game. It's weird. 

Anyway, they're releasing a new map in June, they say it's for premium, but this post from Battlefield Bulliten says it'll be out for all people at a later date. It is a community Twitter account, so it may not be true, but they're usually quite on point with their tweets, so I trust 'em. 

It's called Nivelle Nights. It's the first night-time map in Battlefield 1. And the best part is, from the gameplay I saw, it's literally just a large open no mans land and trenches. Minus a few ruined buildings and trees, it's basically your typical WWI Battlefield. 

NIVELLE NIGHTS (COMING IN JUNE FOR BATTLEFIELD 1 PREMIUM PASS OWNERS)

Chemin des Dames, 1917.
As darkness falls over the muddy battlefields around Malmaison and Soupir, French and German batteries prepare to yet again support their troops on the contested ground.
The moon, the searchlights, and the artillery lights up the night skies, exposing the vast network of trenches. Bite and hold as your foe will fight for every inch of ground. Strategy and teamwork will overcome those who have neither.

8VOksD8.jpg

Wow, i dont have premium so idk how that is going to work. But ive been asking for this since launch, it would go great woth the new frontline mode (stalemate). But from the videos i watched, i think they should add a little more trenches

OurJud
  • OurJud

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 April 2017 - 07:04 PM

Only had the game since yesterday and have just learned all vehicles for the campaign are locked to 3rd person!

Why do singleplayer/campaign fans get treated so badly? I know we're in a minority these days, but what harm would it have done to have allowed first-person vehicles in the story mode??

I can never see the logic in forcing things on players. Options, options, options - and then everyone's happy!!

• mr quick likes this

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

• None

Posted 29 April 2017 - 03:17 AM

Only had the game since yesterday and have just learned all vehicles for the campaign are locked to 3rd person!

Why do singleplayer/campaign fans get treated so badly? I know we're in a minority these days, but what harm would it have done to have allowed first-person vehicles in the story mode??

I can never see the logic in forcing things on players. Options, options, options - and then everyone's happy!!

Well I can understand Through Mud and Blood being in 3rd person. Same with Friends in High Places. Through Mud and Blood "Black Bess" is basically a character in her own right. at least the crew treats her as one. So she should be front and center honestly. And the Friends in High Places, like I said in the other thread it's a lot easier to fly in 3rd person than first. The game relies heavily on peripheral vision. In Through Mud and Blood the MK 3 you drive, you control your gunners. Not your main gun. In the multiplayer, you have 3-5 seats in the Landship MK 3, Driver gets either an MG or a T-Gewehr in the main driver seat. Then you have 2 of your cannon gunners on either side. Since you control all the guns on the tank at once, it's probably best that it's 3rd so you can actually see. 

OurJud
  • OurJud

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 April 2017 - 06:30 AM

Yeah, I don't think I'd have managed either of those in 1st person. Still no harm in having the option, though.

• mr quick likes this

mr quick
  • mr quick

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
    Contribution [Music]

Posted 30 April 2017 - 05:52 PM

Doesn't matter since the story was so underwhelming anyway... :p 

• OurJud likes this

OurJud
  • OurJud

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:59 PM Edited by OurJud, 30 April 2017 - 07:01 PM.

I'm enjoying it and it seems fairly big for a change (although so far there's been too many stories which rely too heavily on a particular vehicle)

Having said that I bought Fallout 4 yesterday so BF1's not getting much of a look in.

mr quick
  • mr quick

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
    Contribution [Music]

Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:39 PM

I'm enjoying it and it seems fairly big for a change (although so far there's been too many stories which rely too heavily on a particular vehicle)

Having said that I bought Fallout 4 yesterday so BF1's not getting much of a look in.

It's enjoyable for sure, but it's hardly fitting of a WWI game. The first few scenes were great and really conveyed a sense of desperation and futility, but after that it was the typical AAA-rambo-shoot-em-up-sneak thing. 

• OurJud and Nero like this

OurJud
  • OurJud

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:01 PM

It's enjoyable for sure, but it's hardly fitting of a WWI game. The first few scenes were great and really conveyed a sense of desperation and futility, but after that it was the typical AAA-rambo-shoot-em-up-sneak thing.

Yeah, it's a shame DICE seem to be falling foul of the terrible disease CODitus. I'll never forget the disappointment I felt when playing through the BF4 (or was it 3?) campaign. It started off nice and gritty, but then went all-out James Bond with ridiculous Hollywood style set-pieces.
  • mr quick likes this

mr quick
  • mr quick

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
    Contribution [Music]

Posted 01 May 2017 - 08:22 AM

Holy crap, these netcode """improvements"""" are atrocious. I have a fiber connection and very rarely have had issues with BF1 but since the update, I'm rubberbanding like mad. Also, can't seem to hit a stand-still target...

Gif/videos from other players:

https://gfycat.com/H...singAssassinbug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NuB5tU0jS8

• Niobium likes this

Oldsport
  • Oldsport

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2017 - 04:47 PM

Im getting sick of dices sh*t, i just bought the dlc (was tempted to get premium) and the way you have to get the new guns are sooo lame. I literally never use the automatico but to unlock the new weapon i have to play with it 😠 not only did they drop the ball with customization and lack of weapons, but now we cant even play with the dlc guns unless we unlock them smh

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

• None

Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:30 PM

Im getting sick of dices sh*t, i just bought the dlc (was tempted to get premium) and the way you have to get the new guns are sooo lame. I literally never use the automatico but to unlock the new weapon i have to play with it not only did they drop the ball with customization and lack of weapons, but now we cant even play with the dlc guns unless we unlock them smh

You've been unlocking DLC weapons like this since BF3...

Oldsport
  • Oldsport

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 May 2017 - 04:50 PM Edited by Oldsport, 02 May 2017 - 05:38 PM.

Im getting sick of dices sh*t, i just bought the dlc (was tempted to get premium) and the way you have to get the new guns are sooo lame. I literally never use the automatico but to unlock the new weapon i have to play with it not only did they drop the ball with customization and lack of weapons, but now we cant even play with the dlc guns unless we unlock them smh

Nope not me , ive never bought dlc for battlefield i always got them late and if thats how they are allowing the dlc weapons to be unlocked , its a sh*tty strategy

Only bf dlc i ever got on time was vietnam for bfbc2 and all the weapons were already unlocked

I think frontlines would have been amazing on kaiserschlact and ballroom blitz

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

• None

Posted 02 May 2017 - 08:16 PM

Nope not me , ive never bought dlc for battlefield i always got them late and if thats how they are allowing the dlc weapons to be unlocked , its a sh*tty strategy

Only bf dlc i ever got on time was vietnam for bfbc2 and all the weapons were already unlocked

I think frontlines would have been amazing on kaiserschlact and ballroom blitz

Let me rephrase then. DICE has been putting DLC weapons behind an assignment system since Battlefield 3. 

Oldsport
  • Oldsport

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2017 - 07:39 AM

I dont like how operations doesnt have full capacity, everytime i join im by myself or with a lobby to empty to start. Did dice mess something up with the servers or is the game just dead on ps4?

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

• None

Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:28 AM

News Drop!

New free map coming soon called "Prise De Tahure" It's a night time city map, looks similar to Amiens but, well, it's at night. Also apprently has trenches and takes place after the Nivelle offensive. Could it be a new operation to go along with Nivelle nights? Who knows!  Also, this map will likely be hitting the CTE later today, so keep your eyes peeled. 

Also, we're getting to see the next upcoming DLC "In the name of the Tsar" at EA play on June 10th. No details yet on what exactly we'll be seeing but we'll be seeing it!

Leaving the link here for everything posted above and more. For what's being touted as the "Summer of Battlefield."

I'm excite bike!

Stellasin
  • Stellasin

Choose your enemies carefully because they will define you

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:05 PM Edited by Stellasin, 05 May 2017 - 08:05 PM.

COD has taken WW2. So what do you guys think will the next Battlefield set in? Industrial Revolution?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users