Photo

Battlefield 1

696 replies to this topic
Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 22 February 2016 - 12:21 AM Edited by AiraCobra, 07 May 2016 - 12:04 AM.

8YOczIK.png

Battlefield 1

Release Date Oct, 21th 2016

Battlefield 1 Officially Confirmed, Release Date, First Details, Collector's Edition Revealed

Early Enlister Deluxe Edition will let you play three days early.

Following a leak this morning, EA has officially confirmed that the next Battlefield game is called Battlefield 1.

Battlefield 1 is set in World War I and will be released on October 21, 2016 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC (via Origin).

If you want to play three days early, an Early Enlister Deluxe Edition will be available for all platforms on October 18 for $79.99 and will include extra vehicles, weapons and emblems including the Red Baron Pack, the Lawrence of Arabia Pack, and new visual appearances for three large vehicles -- the Frontline Camouflage Train, the Night Raid Airship, and the Dazzle Camouflage Dreadnought.

neon_0001_large.jpg

In a blog post, EA said Battlefield 1 contains some of the largest and "most dynamic battles in FPS history" and will include battles on land, in the air, and in the sea. "Tanks, planes, machine guns, artillery – a lot of the tech you've used in other Battlefield games was perfected during this era, letting the classic Battlefield DNA shine through," EA wrote. Locations confirmed so far include France, Italy, and the Arabian Desert.

Battlefield 1 will include dogfighting in biplanes and airships with external manned guns, as well as the World War I staples you'd expect like trench warfare, French tanks, mustard gas, and gas masks. Melee combat will be more of a focus, with weapons including a spiked baton, trench shovel, rapier, and more.

There will be a Persistent Squad System to allow four players to form a squad and enter matchmaking together to guarantee they're grouped for an entire session.

Battlefield_Collector_50.jpg

A was also revealed for $219.99, including the following:

• Battlefield 1 Deluxe Edition Base Game
  • Collector’s Edition Statue (14" Tall)
  • Exclusive Steel book
  • Exclusive cloth poster
  • Deck of playing cards
  • Messenger pigeon tube with exclusive DLC content
  • Exclusive patch
  • Premium packaging

The Collector's Edition is now.

Pre-orders will receive the Harlem Hellfighter Pack and seven day early access to a free map this year. EA Access players will also "be able to play for a limited time before the release date." Anyone who attends the EA Play event at E3 will also have a chance to go hands-on with the game, and an open beta will take place prior to launch (with early access for those who sign up for Battlefield Insider).

You can see the first screens from Battlefield 1 below, or find high-res versions in our Battlefield 1 image gallery.

• Jriv likes this

Presidential
  • Presidential

lol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 February 2016 - 12:25 AM

I'll come back when it's not just a rumor.

Android
  • Android

Oreo

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 22 February 2016 - 12:27 AM

I enjoyed Battlefield 3 and 4, I can only hope that they improved and expand on what they've done for those two games. Don't take steps back.

• Jriv likes this

bloatedsack
  • bloatedsack

Big Homie

• GTAF Crew
  • Vatican-City

Posted 22 February 2016 - 03:48 AM

Nope.

drifter.
  • drifter.

eh.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:50 AM

Can't f*cking wait, the gameplay for hardline felt pretty crisp so I got big expectations for 5

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

You Sir, Do Not Praise The Sun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 February 2016 - 01:20 PM

Battlefied needs something though. I can go on a ten kill streak but its like I get no satisfaction from it. There are no bonuses for doing this other than just getting points. They need a setup that rewards me for getting ten kills in a row without dying. So I'm just going to say it. The game needs "Killstreaks" or atleast something that rewards me other than just getting points or unlocking new guns for getting on a streak. I wouldn't call it copying from CoD either. We know they are different games. They need something that rewards you in game, not after. Something that is going to move the bar during that game. Its just that I can have the game of my life in kills but it just doen't feel like it though. The series could also use "an extra game mode", not saying it should be zombies, but something that makes it unique like zombies does for CoD. When I get tired of the same multiplayer matches, I can switch it up and play that "unique mode".

I know I just got to the point in Battlefield 4 where the same kind of matches, day in, day out, I just lost appeal. Something new would drag me back in though. Killstreaks/unique mode in Battlefield though............could be my favortie first person shooter of all time. I'm not even a huge fan of CoD multiplayer but I feel like I accomplish something by having a decent game. Zombies is more my trade. Which is really good this year. Best extra mode for a first person shooter since Black Ops 2....Black Ops 1.....World At War. I didn't purchase Hardline or Battlefront. Even though Battlefront brought something very new to the series, the game itself fell very flat to me on content/maps which equaled a "no purchase" for me.

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

Melodrama

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 22 February 2016 - 01:29 PM Edited by Lazor Guns, 22 February 2016 - 01:29 PM.

I'm hoping Battlefield 5 isn't an MMS. That would make the game seem a bit outdated as the current trend points towards sci-fi shooters.

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Owner of Up-n-Atom Diner, Paleto Bay

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • None

Posted 22 February 2016 - 03:18 PM Edited by PoeticWhisper, 22 February 2016 - 03:57 PM.

I'm hoping Battlefield 5 isn't an MMS. That would make the game seem a bit outdated as the current trend points towards sci-fi shooters.

Oh god no, I don't want battlefield 2143. I know a lot do, but I'm so tired of these Sci-fi shooters already. They feel uninspired. I mean not all of them obviously, but I would like to see them go into the past. Since nobody is doing that. A full Vietnam or WWII game would be fantastic. We haven't seen full WWII or Vietnam games in a long time. Would love to see BF do it with the destruction and all.

Also, these large urban areas, though cool as they look, don't offer much in terms of destruction. It would've been nice if we could have destroyed some more buildings on Shanghai cause a lot of them are just static. I miss the days of Bad Company 2 when you could pretty much destroy anything you could see. They could do that a lot easier with a nam or WWII game.

• PacketOverload and ClaudeSpeed1911 like this

Croft
  • Croft

I've covered wars, you know.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 February 2016 - 08:21 AM

Man, what i'd give for another WWII Battlefield game..

• PoeticWhisper, poppafewpills, Tali vas Normandy and 1 other like this

Member's Only
  • Member's Only

• BUSTED!
  • Mars
  • Achievement unlocked: used the porkcharsui cheat

Posted 26 February 2016 - 04:13 PM

Battlefield 5 shows up on German retailer site, reportedly set in World War 1

battlefield%205.png

http://www.pcgamesn....-in-world-war-1

Take it with a grain of salt, if it's a WWI shooter then color me excited af. I don't want another f*cking modern shooter.

• Metalz, Skeever, SuzukiRazgriz and 1 other like this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 26 February 2016 - 05:05 PM

While generally release dates listed in this manner are inaccurate estimations made by the company itself, details rarely are

because

reasons

or something

Seriously, you can never trust what random retailers put on their site. Not release dates, not covers, not details of the game - they're pretty much always placeholders, just so they can list something. I'll care about details only from official sources or trustworthy leaks.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:34 PM

OH f*ck YES.

WW1 SHOOTER.

ABOUT f*ckING TIME.

• Member's Only likes this

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

The idiots are taking over

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:57 PM

Can't f*cking wait, the gameplay for hardline felt pretty crisp so I got big expectations for 5

Haha, really?!

As a single player, WW1 could prove to be a nice return if done right, but as a MP game, to me I can only see a ton of negativity in relation to lack of weapon add-ons and whatnot,...

poppafewpills
  • poppafewpills

R.I.P. The Dupes....

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 March 2016 - 04:00 PM

Man, what i'd give for another WWII Battlefield game..

Agreed !!!!

Although I read the teaser that someone tried to say it would be a WW1 based game, that would be interesting.

I'm always playing bf4 now, so this is a warm welcome.
  • PacketOverload likes this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2016
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2015
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 07 March 2016 - 03:07 PM

If this is infact a historic military shooter again, I am so in.

Hardline was f*cking sh*t. The netcode was bollocks. BF4 was solid enough once it was all fixed, but it still wasn't no Bad Company 2.

WW1 could be great. Or f*ck, even a western setting with WW1 gear mixed in. But all I am really hoping for is that eventually this means we will finally get another Battlefield Vietnam.

The Vietnam DLC for Bad Company 2 was quite literally the best multiplayer DLC I have ever played or seen. It was f*cking incredible and I wish they had added more to it. Nam has so much more to offer and can still maintain a slightly modern feel.

I would love to explore some other wars previously unused such as Korea, Grenada, Panama etc. Even as far as picking random engagements other countries had at random times in history such as The Falklands or the 6 day war.

Even just realistic setting with made up plot is good enough for me. I really miss going back to using classic iconic guns and vehicles without all the scopes, lazers, and lock on rockets. Back when sh*t was about skill.

• El Diablo, Mister Pink, GTA_stu and 3 others like this

thafablifee46
  • thafablifee46

punk ass bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2016 - 03:16 PM

i would love a battlefield game set in the vietnam era. Its good enough setting to not be too modern and also not be too old timey. i really wish i would have gotten a chance to play bc2 vietnam.

• Daz likes this

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

• None

Posted 08 March 2016 - 04:25 PM

Bad Company 2 Vietnam made me want a full fledged Vietnam game by Dice and they have yet to do so since the original Battlefield: Vietnam. Which I never played cause I never had a good enough PC at the time. 

If Battlefield 5 was Vietnam or WWII I would be so damn happy. You know, as long as they don't go futuristic I will be happy. Please don't follow the mold Dice. PLEASE.

• Daz likes this

MyName'sJeff
  • MyName'sJeff

Schmidt f*cked the Captain's daughter!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 March 2016 - 08:42 PM

If the rumour of it being set in the world war (which ever one) or vietnam, this could be the next COD: WOW but even better. But once again, if EA have creative control over this, expect it to be absolute dog sh*te. DICE needs to have total control over this and do their research, they can revive the series with a true battlefield game.

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 March 2016 - 08:54 PM

neeeeeeeeeext

Fraizer
  • Fraizer

r/The_Donald

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 29 April 2016 - 11:11 PM Edited by Fraizer, 29 April 2016 - 11:11 PM.

New Battlefield reveal May 6th 4pm EST.

http://www.battlefield.com/event
  • Banks., RedDagger, Cosmic Gypsy and 3 others like this

thafablifee46
  • thafablifee46

punk ass bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2016 - 03:51 AM

If its set in vietnam ill buy 2 copies, thats all i ever wanted i swear

DeeDogg_
  • DeeDogg_

Hired Gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2016 - 04:07 AM

<a href="http://api.viglink.c...txt=from reddit

">From Reddit</a>

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

• None

Posted 30 April 2016 - 04:41 AM

Please go back in time DICE

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 30 April 2016 - 11:31 AM

Very curious but at the same time extremely worried how this will pan out. Never was a fan of 'futuristic' warfare (and I don't want Battlefield to do that kind of thing).

To me a proper Vietnam war or WW2 battlefield would be epic. Polish up the destruction, epic huge maps, big chaotic battles.

Also that picture is fake on Reddit. Don't get our hopes up.

• Daz likes this

Original Light
  • Original Light

You Float Like a Feather

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2016 - 12:48 PM Edited by Original Light, 30 April 2016 - 12:48 PM.

We need another Bad Company. 'Nuff said!

• Street Mix, Cosmic Gypsy, PoeticWhisper and 2 others like this

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 01 May 2016 - 02:00 AM Edited by CrysisAverted, 01 May 2016 - 02:00 AM.

saw a supposed leak sayings its Battlefield 1944, if thats true then f*ck yeah man.

*edit* google saying its fake

f*ck man

Android
  • Android

Oreo

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 01 May 2016 - 03:40 AM

This? It doesn't provide any results when you do a Google image search.

13077082_1055713304504524_36167697197083

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 01 May 2016 - 03:56 AM Edited by CrysisAverted, 01 May 2016 - 03:57 AM.

just google battlefield 1944, first article claims it was shooped, of course that could be a ruse too so :s

JZFB
  • JZFB

I'm the James Bardolph of GTAF smd

• Feroci
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 01 May 2016 - 04:36 AM

Very curious but at the same time extremely worried how this will pan out. Never was a fan of 'futuristic' warfare (and I don't want Battlefield to do that kind of thing).

They already have and to be fair it was pretty damn good.

Having said that, I don't think it makes sense to do another futuristic Battlefield at this moment in time. They've only just recently dropped Battlefront, Titanfall 2's probably on it's way later on in the year and it looks like Call of Duty is going futuristic once again.

• Ruin likes this

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 02 May 2016 - 01:42 AM Edited by FullMetal, 03 May 2016 - 05:32 AM.

Yes I know. And I know it has alot of love. I wasnt a fan in any way and I dont want to see it happening.

I remember this pretty damn epic WW2 mod for Bf2 (Edit: it was Forgotten Hope. Was even the second iteration in the BF franchise!). It sas way too tight. Epic maps, a f*ckton of factions. Great balance between realism and fun.

That image posted has been debunked. Its a fake.

I really hope they do WW2 and I really hope they ditch symmetrical, (unrealistic) unlocks and attachements and all the whole 'current day FPS formula' nonsense.

• Daz likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users