Transgender Restroom issues?

400 replies to this topic
Mion
  • Mion

NorthCarolina #MarchMadness

• Members
  • Olympics
  • Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 23 April 2016 - 04:03 AM Edited by Sayuri, 23 April 2016 - 04:04 AM.

Why that child is even using a urinal, without a parent or guardian is the real question.

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 23 April 2016 - 04:14 AM

I never thought I'd say this, but I agree with Kristian. Universal bathrooms are the way to go, but as long as gender segregated bathrooms exist, trans* people should be able to use whichever restroom aligns with their gender.

You only saw me post in a couple of topics. Do you really think you know me that well to tell that I would disagree with you on every topic? On the contrary, I think we think more alike than you imagine.

The only people who shouldn't be allowed to share restrooms are men, most of you are disgusting.

The Transgender community can share our bathrooms, but men should be given a hole in the ground and a tent. Once you've filled it, concrete over it and dig a new one. :lol:

You sound like the typical superficial twat who always complains that men suck. You pretty much get what you think you are going to get. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

LOL, what a humourless A-Hole you are. You should work on your anger issues. :lol:

Even if your post was aimed at the question in the opening post to point out how stupid it is, it still sounds like a stupid joke. It's like going on a rant on how stupid women are whenever one of them says something stupid. It's simply not funny and it is indistinguishable from hate because people often disguise hate as humor.

slow down, there's no need for universal restrooms.
men and women should still have separate facilities.

Yeah, I know changing things would be too difficult. We should have private bathrooms for men as well for f*ck's sake. Make that sh*t mandatory. Problem solved.

Universal bathrooms aren't going to benefit victims of sexual assault who feel uncomfortable in the presence the opposite sex - there is no need for universal bathrooms :/ transitioning/transitioned people should use whichever bathroom they want to, but I'd never support universal bathrooms.

It would just put unnecessary stress on those of us who aren't comfortable with that kind of situation.

But wouldn't they be triggered by trans-women or tran-smen as well? I mean they might share the appearance of a man and that's enough. To be fair, if you get triggered like that then you should seek treatment.

Irviding
  • Irviding

he's going to get into the ring and put boots to asses

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2016 - 04:31 AM

I don't think we should have universal bathrooms. It's been men/women for a long time and it's fine as it is. That being said, transgender people should be able to use whichever one they feel most comfortable in. It really shouldn't be a problem. The fact is from the outside most people probably can't even tell a trans person apart anyway.

• El Diablo and ceszayers like this

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2016
    Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 23 April 2016 - 10:36 AM

True, however for a kid going to take a pee, who's parents haven't yet explained how sex works and then sees a woman with a big ass dick hanging out of his pants while taking a pee 'standing' is pretty confusing though.

I think you're the one a bit confused here.

I take it you've never been in a female toilet? We don't have open sit-down urinals you know, they are only ever cubicles. There is absolutely no reason anybody would see genitalia in a female toilet. If a male-to-female transgender were to use the toilet they identify with, they'd be going into the female toilet with "female" clothes on, so the only thing that might be confusing is if you think they "look" like a man, but it would be none of your business to question this. The child could leave the toilet and ask questions, but that's down to the parents to explain the real world when they are of an appropriate age, it doesn't mean we should be passing laws to exclude them from the toilet to begin with.

Along a similar line I would say it could be more difficult for a female-to-male transgender who would identify as a man and choose to use the male toilet because they wouldn't have the "big ass dick" to show without some kind of surgery or a device, so if only urinals are available, they might choose to leave the toilet because they can't pee standing up. I've probably walked into a male toilet by mistake a couple of times in my lifetime, but not sure if they always have cubicles as well.
  • El Diablo likes this

GTA_stu
  • GTA_stu

DILF in waiting

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Unfunniest Member 2013
    Unfunniest Member 2012

Posted 23 April 2016 - 03:30 PM

letting transgender people use the bathroom of their choice will not affect bathroom safety for anyone involved.

This is so naive. If you allow it for transgenders and toilets then you open that door for everyone and many other environments. There will be nothing stopping a whole host of deviants and degenerates from exploiting the huge loophole that you create. There's a reason we separate the sexes in many different intimate settings, why hospital wards, locker rooms, public toilets, prisons are segregated. Modesty and comfort is certainly one, and that alone would be good enough for me. Protection and safety is most certainly part of it too. It sets a dangerous precedent, there are already people saying criminal transgenders should be in the prison they identify with, and that it should be extended to locker rooms too and many other environments. 

How do you possibly prove someone is genuinely a transgender? What stops a pervert from plopping on a wig, slapping on some make up walking into a gym shower/locker room and watching women get washed/changed? What stops a dedicated rapist from requesting a transfer to a women's prison so he can strike? Why is allowing sexual deviants to sit exposed next to exposed women/girls in toilet cubicles a good idea? You are most certainly increasing risk with these measures. 

It should be law that you can only use the bathroom and locker room of your legal gender.

• Eutyphro, Failure, Officer Ronson and 3 others like this

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 23 April 2016 - 03:57 PM

The general concern expressed in this topic is not that criminals care about the label (i.e. the stick figure) on the door specifically. It's that certain malevolent individuals could use gender identity as an excuse to gain access to whichever restroom they desire and certain people will be less likely to question them. This sounds like a valid concern to me.

• SagaciousKJB and Skeever like this

X S
  • X S

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Miss Los Santos Host Extraordinaire

Posted 23 April 2016 - 04:03 PM

To be honest, nothing has really stopped them from doing that before.  Transgenders still use the bathroom of their choice, and no one blinks an eye.  Protection under transgender discrimination does not protect you from criminal activity.

It's really a non-issue.

• El Diablo likes this

Skeever
  • Skeever

Blue Lives Matter

• Members
  • United-States
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 23 April 2016 - 04:14 PM

Stu brings up a good point, something that hadn't crossed my mind when I originally posted in this topic the other day. While I don't think two bathrooms separated by gender/genitalia will deter a determined rapist, I can easily see an increase of peeping toms using transgender laws to their advantage. I've already heard my fair share of news stories and anecdotes about it happening, usually ending with the authorities not being able to do anything about it, although I don't think it's enough of a problem at the moment for there to be a nationwide ban on transgenders using the bathroom of the gender they identify with.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2016
    Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 23 April 2016 - 04:27 PM

This is so naive. If you allow it for transgenders and toilets then you open that door for everyone and many other environments. There will be nothing stopping a whole host of deviants and degenerates from exploiting the huge loophole that you create. 

So Stu, tell me all about those safeguards currently in place to stop anyone from entering whatever public bathroom they choose.

why hospital wards are segregated.

They are mixed here, have been for a long long time. Have yet to hear of any sickly ill bed bound sexual deviants running around the wards causing issues though.

How do you possibly prove someone is genuinely a transgender? What stops a pervert from plopping on a wig, slapping on some make up walking into a gym shower/locker room and watching women get washed/changed? 

Again, tell me what stops them at present from doing exactly that? Is there some kind of genitalia-check before entering locker rooms I don't know about?

What stops a dedicated rapist from requesting a transfer to a women's prison so he can strike?

Lets flip this to a more realistic scenario: What stops a male inmate from sexually assaulting a pre-op MTF when she is put in a male prison? There is sooner a risk of a pre-op MTF being sexually assaulted in a male prison then there is a pre-op MTF raping anyone in a female prison. So, what about their safety?

It should be law that you can only use the bathroom and locker room of your legal gender.

How do you possibly think that could be enforced? You want to instate a bathroom copper?

• El Diablo, Otter, mr quick and 1 other like this

ceszayers
  • ceszayers

ราชินีเลื&

• The Precinct
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best New Member in Gen Chat 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 23 April 2016 - 04:57 PM Edited by ceszayers, 23 April 2016 - 05:03 PM.

I never thought I'd say this, but I agree with Kristian. Universal bathrooms are the way to go, but as long as gender segregated bathrooms exist, trans* people should be able to use whichever restroom aligns with their gender.

You only saw me post in a couple of topics. Do you really think you know me that well to tell that I would disagree with you on every topic? On the contrary, I think we think more alike than you imagine.

The only people who shouldn't be allowed to share restrooms are men, most of you are disgusting.

The Transgender community can share our bathrooms, but men should be given a hole in the ground and a tent. Once you've filled it, concrete over it and dig a new one. :lol:

You sound like the typical superficial twat who always complains that men suck. You pretty much get what you think you are going to get. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

LOL, what a humourless A-Hole you are. You should work on your anger issues. :lol:

Even if your post was aimed at the question in the opening post to point out how stupid it is, it still sounds like a stupid joke. It's like going on a rant on how stupid women are whenever one of them says something stupid. It's simply not funny and it is indistinguishable from hate because people often disguise hate as humor.

slow down, there's no need for universal restrooms.
men and women should still have separate facilities.

Yeah, I know changing things would be too difficult. We should have private bathrooms for men as well for f*ck's sake. Make that sh*t mandatory. Problem solved.

Universal bathrooms aren't going to benefit victims of sexual assault who feel uncomfortable in the presence the opposite sex - there is no need for universal bathrooms :/ transitioning/transitioned people should use whichever bathroom they want to, but I'd never support universal bathrooms.

It would just put unnecessary stress on those of us who aren't comfortable with that kind of situation.

But wouldn't they be triggered by trans-women or tran-smen as well? I mean they might share the appearance of a man and that's enough. To be fair, if you get triggered like that then you should seek treatment.

I never used the word triggered, I despise that word.

Because being uncomfortable with male presence in a setting like that isn't being 'triggered'.

I spoke my opinion, I would not be comfortable with that, as I'm sure a lot of other women wouldn't. Don't use that 'triggered' bullsh*t with me because this is a real life situation not a teen having a bitch fit on Tumblr.

So women who have been sexually assaulted and would hate to have to use a universal bathroom should just 'seek treatment' when the problem could just be avoided with keeping mens and womens toilets separate?

What the f*ck are you on?

Why would there be a trans man in the womans bathroom... He would be using the mans bathroom. That is the point of this whole argument.

Keep bathrooms separate and let trans individuals use whichever sexes bathroom they have transitioned to.

I don't why you think there'd be a trans guy in the ladies..

• El Diablo likes this

Twang.
  • Twang.

F U L L Y A U T O M A T E D

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 April 2016 - 05:19 PM

Someone needs to invent those sci-fi suits that recycles bodily waste so we can do away with nasty public restrooms altogether.

• El Diablo and mr quick like this

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 23 April 2016 - 05:21 PM Edited by Kristian., 23 April 2016 - 05:21 PM.

So what exactly are you describing there? By triggered I meant significant emotional distress. I don't care about the Tumblr bullsh*t (I don't know why you had to bring that up; I was clearly being serious).

I don't know that we (as a society) should care about people just being uncomfortable. If it's not a big problem for victims of sexual assault to deal with then it's not a big point against the idea of having universal restrooms. Also, if you follow your logic through it doesn't make a lot of sense. You're not sh*tting in front of other people. A restroom is pretty much a setting like any other. The bathroom stalls are supposed to be private.

Also, what about trans-women who don't want to or can't transition to that gender? Are they allowed in as well? Wouldn't that be a problem for your argument?

ceszayers
  • ceszayers

ราชินีเลื&

• The Precinct
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best New Member in Gen Chat 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 23 April 2016 - 05:48 PM Edited by ceszayers, 26 April 2016 - 11:20 PM.

So what exactly are you describing there? By triggered I meant significant emotional distress. I don't care about the Tumblr bullsh*t (I don't know why you had to bring that up; I was clearly being serious).

I don't know that we (as a society) should care about people just being uncomfortable. If it's not a big problem for victims of sexual assault to deal with then it's not a big point against the idea of having universal restrooms. Also, if you follow your logic through it doesn't make a lot of sense. You're not sh*tting in front of other people. A restroom is pretty much a setting like any other. The bathroom stalls are supposed to be private.

Also, what about trans-women who don't want to or can't transition to that gender? Are they allowed in as well? Wouldn't that be a problem for your argument?

If you were being serious why did you add this remark on the end? 'You should seek treatment'.. That really did sound like you were brushing it off as trivial and it really isn't.

Well it is a big problem for some women and it's not fair that they should have to use a universal bathroom despite being deeply unsettled by it.

It's not like any other setting. Not to me anyway.

If a trans person isn't transitioning then they would use the bathroom of the gender they actually are at that moment in time.

I said in my very first post that a transitioning/transitioned male/female should use each bathroom accordingly.

Universal bathrooms are just incredibly unnecessary, there is nothing wrong with how bathrooms are now.

I don't know why I'm arguing because it's apparent you don't see where I'm coming from :/ I don't mean that in a snotty way, I mean neither of us are going to change our stance on it.

I don't mean to get angry or insult you, I genuinely deep down just find it hard to accept universal bathrooms. I wouldn't use one, ever. It may not seem like it, but I respect your opinion (granted I don't understand it but that's obvious) - I just want to make it clear about what I mean :/

• El Diablo likes this

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 23 April 2016 - 07:18 PM

I was being serious with that. If you feel uncomfortable around the opposite sex or whichever sex assaulted you at some point then it makes sense to seek psychological treatment.

There are transgender people who don't want to transition to their desired gender. What if they felt like using the restroom of the gender they identify with? I mean why would they use the one they don't internally identify with to begin with? I know that I'm grasping at straws now because seemingly most transgender people want to transition but that is a hole in your argument. Your idea that people should use the restroom that represents the gender they identify with is almost identical to having universal restrooms, except that there are two separate rooms instead of one.

I'm honestly kind of struggling to see what's wrong with universal restrooms as long as you can privately do what you need to do there. No one needs to see anyone naked in there and the feeling of awkwardness that you might feel while being in one might be caused by the fact that traditionally restrooms were separated by gender. There's nothing inherently awkward or weird about it as far as I can tell.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 23 April 2016 - 07:21 PM Edited by El Diablo, 23 April 2016 - 07:25 PM.

This is so naive. If you allow it for transgenders and toilets then you open that door for everyone and many other environments. There will be nothing stopping a whole host of deviants and degenerates from exploiting the huge loophole that you create.

I dunno what Mexican raped you as a child, but you are completely insane. none of this is going to happen if you let transgender people piss in their designated restroom. you are living in a fantasy paranoid land.

do we already check everyone's dicks and vagina's when they go into restrooms? no. so literally nothing is going to change. why is this so difficult for you to comprehend? planet Earth to Stu; get your f/cking head out of your bigoted ass.

• mr quick and Melchior like this

GTA_stu
  • GTA_stu

DILF in waiting

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Unfunniest Member 2013
    Unfunniest Member 2012

Posted 23 April 2016 - 08:14 PM

So Stu, tell me all about those safeguards currently in place to stop anyone from entering whatever public bathroom they choose.

why hospital wards are segregated.

They are mixed here, have been for a long long time. Have yet to hear of any sickly ill bed bound sexual deviants running around the wards causing issues though.

How do you possibly prove someone is genuinely a transgender? What stops a pervert from plopping on a wig, slapping on some make up walking into a gym shower/locker room and watching women get washed/changed? 

Again, tell me what stops them at present from doing exactly that? Is there some kind of genitalia-check before entering locker rooms I don't know about?

What stops a dedicated rapist from requesting a transfer to a women's prison so he can strike?

Lets flip this to a more realistic scenario: What stops a male inmate from sexually assaulting a pre-op MTF when she is put in a male prison? There is sooner a risk of a pre-op MTF being sexually assaulted in a male prison then there is a pre-op MTF raping anyone in a female prison. So, what about their safety?

How do you possibly think that could be enforced? You want to instate a bathroom copper?

I wasn't suggesting all sex segregation is for safety. Obviously segregated wards are more for modesty and comfort than anything else.

What's the issue with enforcement? There are countless laws, such as littering, trespassing, or speeding, which are relatively hard to enforce. I don't see how this is a particularly special case. 

There are all sorts of vulnerable people in prison, I don't see why transgenders can't be protected in the same way other vulnerable prisoners are or why they should be afforded special privileges. Any extremely effeminate male will be a target for all sorts of things in prison, transgenders are not really special in that regard. Are we to put women who think they're men in male prisons also? What if a transgender doesn't want to be moved to a prison of the sex they identify with? Do we force them? Do we allow them to choose? Either option is completely absurd. 

• Mister Leone likes this

Raavi
  • Raavi

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2016
    Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 23 April 2016 - 09:10 PM

What's the issue with enforcement? There are countless laws, such as littering, trespassing, or speeding, which are relatively hard to enforce. I don't see how this is a particularly special case. 

I'm sure you can appreciate the difference between jimmy the copper using a radar gun to catch speeders and jimmy the copper pulling down people's trousers to check their genitalia in public bathrooms.

or why they should be afforded special privileges.

Going to a prison of the gender you identify with and have either already underwent several invasive medical procedures to physically appear as, or are in the process of, is hardly a special privilege is it?

Any extremely effeminate male will be a target for all sorts of things in prison, transgenders are not really special in that regard.

Except for the fact that they are, and that they require special care that an "extremely effeminate male" doesn't. 

What if a transgender doesn't want to be moved to a prison of the sex they identify with? Do we force them? Do we allow them to choose? Either option is completely absurd. 

Yet you're apparently completely fine with forcing people in to prisons of their birth-assigned gender even though they identify as the opposite. 

• El Diablo, mr quick and Mion like this

Melchior
  • Melchior

• The Connection
  • Vietnam

Posted 23 April 2016 - 11:36 PM

letting transgender people use the bathroom of their choice will not affect bathroom safety for anyone involved.

This is so naive. If you allow it for transgenders and toilets then you open that door for everyone and many other environments. There will be nothing stopping a whole host of deviants and degenerates from exploiting the huge loophole that you create. There's a reason we separate the sexes in many different intimate settings, why hospital wards, locker rooms, public toilets, prisons are segregated. Modesty and comfort is certainly one, and that alone would be good enough for me. Protection and safety is most certainly part of it too. It sets a dangerous precedent, there are already people saying criminal transgenders should be in the prison they identify with, and that it should be extended to locker rooms too and many other environments. 

How do you possibly prove someone is genuinely a transgender? What stops a pervert from plopping on a wig, slapping on some make up walking into a gym shower/locker room and watching women get washed/changed? What stops a dedicated rapist from requesting a transfer to a women's prison so he can strike? Why is allowing sexual deviants to sit exposed next to exposed women/girls in toilet cubicles a good idea? You are most certainly increasing risk with these measures. 

It still hasn't been explained how unisex bathrooms facilitate rape. If you are assaulting someone in a public bathroom, you will be caught as soon as someone walks in. Therefore it doesn't matter if you are technically allowed in there or not. Am I missing something because your point is transparently ridiculous? 

Also communal showers aren't typical. 

• El Diablo, mr quick, sivispacem and 2 others like this

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 25 April 2016 - 03:46 AM

It's not really about rape. It's about creepy behavior in general. If no one is going to question why you are in the women's locker room or restroom then you are pretty much free to observe what goes on in there uninterrupted.

I don't see that as an unrealistic concern. I mean creepy people like that do often go to great lengths to get what they want and they are going to make a lot of women uncomfortable. Does this not happen already? It does but as it currently stands, if a man enters the women's bathroom\locker room\etc he is more likely to get thrown out than being left to his own devices.

• Failure, trip and Skeever like this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:59 PM

I love how Stu brings up the prison system as his analog for transgender people using the restroom of their choice.

you're in over your head, pal...

• blaze likes this

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Census]
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 26 April 2016 - 12:10 AM

If it isn't about how you look, and it isn't really about biology, what identifiers are used to classify what gender you assign yourself to?

There is nothing official that say I'm a woman if I say I'm a woman.  I could say I'm a woman and go all sorts of creepy.

What if I'm a freak who gets off on hearing women pee...or even just knowing they are pee'n...or even pooing.  I'm just a guy who identifies as a woman and I happen to be at the sink washing my hands as you and your daughter enter the bathroom.  Who cares if it takes me a long time to wash my lady like hands.

Ladies, would you feel comfortable with me in your bathroom?

Pic of me from the weekend:

Spoiler

I honestly don't care either way about the issue.  But then again I'm not a woman who has to worry about everyday creepers nor do I identify with a gender that doesn't traditionally match my biology.

I'm not getting involved in this discussion.    I just hope it doesn't take me chiming in to remind you all that there are some creepy ass people out there that get off on some creepy ass stuff.  

*Can't these areas that are battling the bathroom drama just install a 3rd gender neutral bathroom like most places have?

X S
  • X S

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Miss Los Santos Host Extraordinaire

Posted 26 April 2016 - 12:15 AM Edited by X S, 26 April 2016 - 12:16 AM.

I don't see that as an unrealistic concern. I mean creepy people like that do often go to great lengths to get what they want and they are going to make a lot of women uncomfortable. Does this not happen already? It does but as it currently stands, if a man enters the women's bathroom\locker room\etc he is more likely to get thrown out than being left to his own devices.

The problem is that these concerns are mostly unfounded.  The issue is whether lawmakers can discriminate against transgenders when using the bathroom of their choice.  What you're essentially saying is that you're willing to deny the thousand's of innocent transgenders use of public bathrooms because you're afraid that a handful of creeps would somehow be more inclined to commit disorderly and lewd conduct if the laws were deemed discriminatory.  In a cost-benefit analysis, that would be more than a stretch.  

Aside from that, bathroom policy has mostly been the responsibility of individuals policing themselves, it's called good public policy, and people would still be inclined to throw out anyone they deem suspect anyway.  Let's not forget that 90% of the states have no such laws, and instances of disorderly or lewd conduct have not been on the rise.

I mean, f*ck, even Donald Trump disagrees with these laws: http://www.cnn.com/2...cupp/index.html

Waste of state tax dollars, if you ask me.

• El Diablo likes this

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

love or a garbage disposal unit

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
  • Not Very Punk 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Bloody Ungrateful 2016

Posted 26 April 2016 - 12:22 AM

I don't think people are gonna go through the trouble to receive HRT, endure the social ostracization that comes along with being trans*, and so forth, just so they can watch women poop or whatever. That sounds like a lot of effort for something people can--and likely already do-without transitioning anyway.

• El Diablo, SagaciousKJB, mr quick and 1 other like this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 26 April 2016 - 12:45 AM Edited by El Diablo, 26 April 2016 - 12:50 AM.

If it isn't about how you look, and it isn't really about biology, what identifiers are used to classify what gender you assign yourself to?

it's not usually that complicated in the transgender community.

people still basically identify as male or female when presenting themselves publicly.

people who look and live as women use the ladies room. people who look and live as men use the mens room. you're probably just overthinking the issue.

I could say I'm a woman and go all sorts of creepy.

What if I'm a freak who gets off on hearing women pee...or even just knowing they are pee'n...or even pooing.  I'm just a guy who identifies as a woman and I happen to be at the sink washing my hands as you and your daughter enter the bathroom.  Who cares if it takes me a long time to wash my lady like hands.

sure, technically you could do that.

but that's really not how it works.

the issue of transgender equal access has nothing to do with what perverts want to do.

criminal perverts will do whatever they want to do in spite of the law... because they're criminal perverts. I mean, nobody goes through the hassle of potentially being caught and outed and assaulted because they want to "be creepy" hanging out in the opposite bathroom.

you're applying a little too much imagination to a simple and benign concept.

transgender people just want to use the restroom, wash their hands, and leave like everybody else.

there are some creepy ass people out there that get off on some creepy ass stuff. 

thanks grandpa ;)

nobody here has forgotten that.

but you don't seem to understand how beside the point it is. creepy people are going to exist and do their thing. transgender people just trying to live their own lives are not a part of this category. they're not sexual deviants. they have nothing to do with what "creepy ass people" are going to do.

allowing transgender people to just use their restroom of need like anyone else is not going to open the flood gates for sexual assaults in bathrooms or anything along those lines. there's literally no logic behind that train of thought.

Can't these areas that are battling the bathroom drama just install a 3rd gender neutral bathroom like most places have?

you know technically, that's also a fine compromise.

but it's still better in theory than in practice.

in practice, a transgender person is just a person. a man or a woman. you would almost never know. think about it. when you're in a public restroom, are you inspecting people?? are you thinking about whether everyone around has the same genitalia as you do? who cares. by installing a 3rd "neutral" bathroom, you're still asking MEN and WOMEN to share a facility that is otherwise always separated for MEN and WOMEN.

don't you see?

it's classifying them as somehow not human and it's asking them to make a compromise that the rest of us wouldn't dare put up with. these people just live their lives as they present themselves - just like the rest of us with our fashion and our f/cking hairstyles and our makeup and our plastic surgery - and all they want is to take a piss in the place where they feel safe and look like everyone around them.

it's a non-issue.

I'm not getting involved in this discussion.

too late I'm afraid.

if you didn't want your shoes to get pee on them, you shouldn't have wandered into this dirty bathroom stall :pp

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 26 April 2016 - 01:16 AM

-Lost a huge post-

Nothing exciting.  Just didn't want you to think I didn't respond.

Remember:  I'm a burnt out hippie that fought the good fight to the point of being too tired to fight anymore.  That and eventually you hit a point were you accept that swimming up hill in a world run by assholes isn't worth thinking about anymore.  I've gone so local now a days I might even consider myself selfish in area.  :)

• El Diablo likes this

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 26 April 2016 - 03:15 PM

There's negligible danger.

Although, perhaps we should prevent women from doing anything in public to protect them from roving rapists too, Stu? Like, they're obviously safer segregated, kept away from all these creepers. In fact, they should only be allowed to work with and regularly contact other women, because if they need to expose some skin to escape the heat or take care of their disgusting body habits like breast feeding or sneezing, we can't have some creepy man standing around to witness it, can we?

Women don't need to be coddled; creeps need to be eliminated. If some idiot zealot fan of traditional binary restrooms is willing to sexually abuse some people to prove a point - you've got to consider why he's on the same team as you.
  • El Diablo, Tchuck, SagaciousKJB and 1 other like this

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 26 April 2016 - 07:46 PM

Women don't need to be coddled; creeps need to be eliminated. If some idiot zealot fan of traditional binary restrooms is willing to sexually abuse some people to prove a point - you've got to consider why he's on the same team as you.

Same team as you? Sounds kinda binary ;)

Sure it would be nice to eliminate the creeps but we all know that isn't going to happen. Heck, even in my short life it seems the creeps have only gotten creepier and stronger in numbers. Child porn is a solid example. It may have existed for a long time but once the internet facilitated a delivery network it was almost unheard of. Now nearly every town has a news report here and there about some guy getting hauled off thanks to a stack of kiddie porn.

It took the advent of tiny cameras before creeps started putting them in bathroom.

Creeps will never be eliminated. There will always be freaks and assholes who spoil everyone's well intended ideals.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 26 April 2016 - 09:59 PM

Only binary if you're playing a two team game, trip. And with that, the allegory is thoroughly exhausted. :p

So if creeps are unavoidable, and they're gonna get into the bathrooms regardless, what's the big difference now?
  • El Diablo likes this

Failure
  • Failure

Gone for now.

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016

Posted 26 April 2016 - 10:46 PM

Losing the restrictions gives creeps the chance to enter women's bathrooms without raising suspicion and hang around. As long as there are restrictions, women will know that something's wrong and be able to raise the alarm immediately.

• GTA_stu, ΣΓ and Skeever like this

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 26 April 2016 - 10:48 PM

There pretty much is no difference. Then again I'm nowhere near any of the controversy not to mention I live in an area where you pretty much avoid any public restroom regardless of whatever gender identity. There are so many reason why what I have to say on the matter doesn't matter nor count.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users