Transgender Restroom issues?

400 replies to this topic
Blaine County Sheriff
  • Blaine County Sheriff

LSPD-714

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2016 - 04:06 AM

I know no one post about this, i be the first to be posting this topic first. This has been going on a lot in America. What are your thoughts allowing transgender people going to public restrooms? How will it effects on children in the restrooms with transgenders? http://www.al.com/ne...athroom_po.html

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 22 April 2016 - 04:16 AM

There's a super easy and super obvious solution: universal restrooms with private stalls.

f*ck pissing in public urinals with no dividers. I don't want men looking at my dick either. Make restrooms as private as possible. Gender is irrelevant.

• Jim, Mister Pink, Eutyphro and 18 others like this

Tonguegirl
  • Tonguegirl

Lick it 'n see

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 22 April 2016 - 11:53 AM

The only people who shouldn't be allowed to share restrooms are men, most of you are disgusting.

The Transgender community can share our bathrooms, but men should be given a hole in the ground and a tent. Once you've filled it, concrete over it and dig a new one. :lol:

• Kratos2000, Scaglietti and ceszayers like this

 dice
  •  dice

Always rolling

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Server SAMP 2009

Posted 22 April 2016 - 11:59 AM Edited by dice, 22 April 2016 - 12:00 PM.

Calm down mr grrl power
  • Daz, Mister Pink, blaze and 1 other like this

Skeever
  • Skeever

The nation-state remains the true foundation for happiness.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:12 PM

I like Kristian's idea pretty well, although if some of the horror stories I hear about women's bathrooms are to be believed... I think I'd rather keep the male and female bathrooms separate, and simply let transgenders use the bathroom of whichever of the two genders they identify as. A third bathroom built for transgenders would only end up being heavily abused by non-transgendered people who are either impatient and don't want to wait in line for their respective bathroom and those who would want the luxuries of a seldom-used bathroom over their own gender's (presumably messy) bathroom.

• AAR and lolleroz like this

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2016
    Most Corrupt Staff 2014

Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:18 PM

This isn't really a topic for gen chat, so I'm going to move it to D&D.

• El Diablo and Android like this

ceszayers
  • ceszayers

ราชินี

• The Precinct
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best New Member in Gen Chat 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 22 April 2016 - 01:26 PM Edited by ceszayers, 22 April 2016 - 01:27 PM.

I honestly believe if you're in the process of the transition or post-op. Of course, use the woman's stall, obviously.

However I think a lot of people forget that there will be men who use 'transgender women use the women's bathroom' as a cover to go in there. Of course it would be mostly idiotic young men trying their luck but that does need to be considered.

It's not like you can I.D someone at the door of a bathroom either, so there will be a point when anyone could go in there just for sh*ts and giggs.

I may be slightly more paranoid than others because I've seen someone do that and reply with 'I'm transgender' to a woman who asked him (he had long hair, relatively feminine) and once she left he was laughing about it with he teenage girlfriends.

There has to be a line but transgender women who are genuine of course should go into the women's bathroom I think, I can't imagine how hard it must be to go into the men's bathroom when you are indeed transgender.

(I'm honestly not keen on the universal bathrooms either, even with private stalls - it's not really the same to me.. There's still that lack of privacy and I really don't wanna deal with awful man-toilet odors).

• El Diablo likes this

Coninefan
  • Coninefan

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2016 - 01:55 PM

How will it effects on children in the restrooms with transgenders?

Growing up in a religious environment that promotes hatred and intolerance has an infinitely worse affect on children than who uses the restroom.
  • El Diablo, Melchior, AAR and 3 others like this

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2016 - 02:28 PM

All it takes is one predator to act like a transgender and it will f*ck this all up. so i am against this

• Failure, AAR, GTA_stu and 3 others like this

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 22 April 2016 - 02:39 PM

The only people who shouldn't be allowed to share restrooms are men, most of you are disgusting.

The Transgender community can share our bathrooms, but men should be given a hole in the ground and a tent. Once you've filled it, concrete over it and dig a new one. :lol:

You sound like the typical superficial twat who always complains that men suck. You pretty much get what you think you are going to get. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

• Moth likes this

ceszayers
  • ceszayers

ราชินี

• The Precinct
  • United-Kingdom
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 22 April 2016 - 04:30 PM

You sound like the typical superficial twat who always complains that men suck. You pretty much get what you think you are going to get. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I'm pretty sure she was just joking..

• iBUCKEYE, Tonguegirl and Michael like this

Marwin
  • Marwin

mr quick has flown from the cosmic zoo

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Kenny G Enthusiast [All Time]
    Contribution [Music]

Posted 22 April 2016 - 04:37 PM

All it takes is one predator to act like a transgender and it will f*ck this all up. so i am against this

good thing that predators are law-abiding citizens and won't just force their way into a gender-seperated bathroom 8^)

• El Diablo, SagaciousKJB, Tyler and 5 others like this

Failure
  • Failure

Gone for now.

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016

Posted 22 April 2016 - 04:40 PM Edited by Failure, 22 April 2016 - 04:56 PM.

Growing up in a religious environment that promotes hatred and intolerance has an infinitely worse affect on children than who uses the restroom.

And five is greater than three. How is one's upbringing or religion at all relevant here? As feckyerlife says, if one sexual predator were to exploit this to prey on women or children, the whole enterprise will not have been worth it. 

@Mar: As things stand, if a woman sees a man in the female bathroom, she'll immediately know something's amiss and will be able to scream out or otherwise alert others. Abolishing gender restrictions would enable more attacks to take place. To counter this you'd need to install cameras in bathrooms which would be an inconvenience to everyone. 

The toilets are the same for each sex (except women's toilets don't need urinals) and are generally in the same vicinity. Nobody is inconvenienced or discriminated against. Transgender people can go for the toilet which best fits their identity or use the disabled toilet (not suggesting that they're disabled at all but it's an option for them if they are uncomfortable in the other bathrooms). I suppose the only way to appease everyone would be to just have stalls and no urinals.

As much as modern society wants to accommodate everyone's feelings, sometimes safety or pragmatism has to take precedence. For example, I think most agree that sex-segregation in changing rooms should remain. Sex crimes are so grotesque, and their perpetrators so insidious, that we can't have measures that will increase their likelihood. Personally I think public safety is a wider concern that warrants another topic.

• GTA_stu, iBUCKEYE, Skeever and 1 other like this

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

living in the world no different from a cell

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
  • Not Very Punk 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Bloody Ungrateful 2016

Posted 22 April 2016 - 05:01 PM Edited by make total destroy, 22 April 2016 - 05:05 PM.

As we all know, whether or not the stick figure on the door is wearing pants or a skirt is of utmost importance to sexual predators. :rol:

What about the safety of trans*women in men's restrooms? Or suppose a trans*man is forced to use the woman's restroom, and a woman calls the police because there's a man in the woman's restroom?

I never thought I'd say this, but I agree with Kristian. Universal bathrooms are the way to go, but as long as gender segregated bathrooms exist, trans* people should be able to use whichever restroom aligns with their gender.

• El Diablo and Marwin like this

Tonguegirl
  • Tonguegirl

Lick it 'n see

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 22 April 2016 - 05:23 PM Edited by Tonguegirl, 22 April 2016 - 05:24 PM.

LOL, what a humourless A-Hole you are. You should work on your anger issues. :lol:

• Kratos2000, AAR, Coninefan and 1 other like this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:00 PM

There's a super easy and super obvious solution: universal restrooms with private stalls.

slow down, there's no need for universal restrooms.
men and women should still have separate facilities.

the point is that transgender people should be able to use whichever facility corresponds with their identity.

this is a joke right?
this point you've just made is completely nonsensical.

predators don't prey in bathrooms.

molestation and assault have occured in bathrooms long before there was any debate over whether or not transgender people could use them...

And five is greater than three. How is one's upbringing or religion at all relevant here? As feckyerlife says, if one sexual predator were to exploit this to prey on women or children, the whole enterprise will not have been worth it.

"enterprise?"

this is about treating human beings with basic dignity and respect. this is not a social experiment.

I'm pretty sure a hardcore religious upbringing is crucial to understanding this debate. how do you not get it? the most fervent opposition to transgender people in this world comes from the religious community. it's an important point to acknowledge.

Abolishing gender restrictions would enable more attacks to take place.

this is so ignorant it's almost comical. such a false statement.

I really feel sorry for you, that you believe this...

As much as modern society wants to accommodate everyone's feelings, sometimes safety or pragmatism has to take precedence.

this is silly.

by denying transgender people access to the facilities that match their public identity, you're actually asking them to put themselves in a much greater position of risk and discomfort. I can't believe this is seriously an issue.

society sucks.

just let these people piss where they want to piss. grow the f/ck up.

• AAR, Mion and Cameron Star like this

ceszayers
  • ceszayers

ราชินี

• The Precinct
  • United-Kingdom
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:25 PM

Universal bathrooms aren't going to benefit victims of sexual assault who feel uncomfortable in the presence the opposite sex - there is no need for universal bathrooms :/ transitioning/transitioned people should use whichever bathroom they want to, but I'd never support universal bathrooms.

It would just put unnecessary stress on those of us who aren't comfortable with that kind of situation.

• El Diablo and AAR like this

Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

harp seal puppy

• Members
  • Belgium
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 22 April 2016 - 10:52 PM

if people have to hide anything or are kinda keen on their privacy they can just pick a cabin....

in case of transgenders....they can just pick either the male or female toilet depending on what they feel suits them best if you ask me.

further, nobody realy shoud care.....it is a toilet, not a peepshow

• El Diablo, AAR and Cameron Star like this

Failure
  • Failure

Gone for now.

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016

Posted 22 April 2016 - 11:30 PM Edited by Failure, 22 April 2016 - 11:31 PM.

El D: The ideal would just be to have one large facility with stalls and no urinals. Nobody would feel uncomfortable and it would be easier when planning a building. However, anything that creates a situation where predators can walk amongst women without surveillance, ready to attack, is not going to be welcomed. I'm not some mean guy who wants to marginalise people, I just put safety first.
  • AAR and ceszayers like this

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 22 April 2016 - 11:33 PM

It's an illusion of safety as much as it's a make-believe issue.

• El Diablo, Melchior, AAR and 1 other like this

AAR
  • AAR

Destroy Power, Not People

• Members
  • Luxembourg

Posted 22 April 2016 - 11:39 PM

gif92_zpsb5ad170c.gif

giphy2_zps75f1f177.gif

• El Diablo, Melchior, ceszayers and 1 other like this

ceszayers
  • ceszayers

ราชินี

• The Precinct
  • United-Kingdom
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 22 April 2016 - 11:42 PM

if people have to hide anything or are kinda keen on their privacy they can just pick a cabin....

in case of transgenders....they can just pick either the male or female toilet depending on what they feel suits them best if you ask me.

Wait, what's a cabin?? I mean I'm thinking of a cabin in the woods, and I know that is probably not what you mean?

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 22 April 2016 - 11:43 PM

@AAR

Try to keep posts up to D&D standards, thanks. (And yes, fictional pedants in my head, my previous post does count.)

• AAR and Android like this

Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

harp seal puppy

• Members
  • Belgium
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 22 April 2016 - 11:45 PM

Wait, what's a cabin?? I mean I'm thinking of a cabin in the woods, and I know that is probably not what you mean?

ah....have to google this one....let see

toilet cubicle i gues ?

• ceszayers likes this

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2016
    Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 22 April 2016 - 11:49 PM

I don't know why the debate of universal bathrooms or increased sexual assaults has to be brought up for this topic really. It's the law that has been passed which is the farce. The OP says "What are your thoughts allowing transgender people going to public restrooms?" I mean, everyone has to pee for goodness sake, are we really going to start suggesting that certain groups of people can only pee in their own home? 

Universal bathrooms everywhere would be a highly contentious issue for lots of reasons and would likely never be passed as compulsory in our generation; I've been in unisex toilets in the past but that was in a nightclub and I felt no threat whatsoever as a female, but they are perhaps one of only a few places you would find them, so right now it's only obvious that you simply use the gender toilet you identify with. A transgender person is either going to identify as female or male, their birth gender is not up for discussion. Signposts on a door aren't going to stop you being raped whatever your gender is, either, so I still think these are seperate discussions. It's the states who have passed these laws who are at fault. It's discrimination at it's finest and ridiculous that a business has to come and actually say "It's OK, you are allowed to pee here."

• El Diablo, Mister Pink, Melchior and 6 others like this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 22 April 2016 - 11:52 PM

I'm not some mean guy who wants to marginalise people, I just put safety first.

you don't have to convince me that you're not a mean guy.

but something tells me that you're a little confused about the reality of the issue.

letting transgender people use the bathroom of their choice will not affect bathroom safety for anyone involved.

• Otter, Melchior, AAR and 1 other like this

X S
  • X S

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Miss Los Santos Host Extraordinaire

Posted 23 April 2016 - 12:21 AM

I had a transgender friend transitioning over a 5 or 6 year period from female to male.  At some point, he started using the men's bathroom.  There was never an issue.  Most men are uncomfortable even looking each other in the eye in a public bathroom anyway, so it's not like they're going to be checking everyone's crotch for something.  Universal bathrooms are unnecessary.

It's the states who have passed these laws who are at fault. It's discrimination at it's finest and ridiculous that a business has to come and actually say "It's OK, you are allowed to pee here."

This is part of the new buzz in businesses called "corporate social responsibility".  It seems to be a growing trend among many large corporations, especially given the advent of social media.  One minute someone famous could post a picture of a bad meal at McDonald's, it earns 10k Favs and 100k RT's, and McDonald's goes into damage control.

These laws, however, have already been petitioned in NC, and it will most likely be considered in a federal court if they claim relief under the Fourteenth Amendment.  There was a similar case called Fields v Smith that involved a transgender seeking hormone therapy in a Wisconsin prison.  The legal basis was different, but there are some similarities.  Wisconsin enacted states laws denying the woman of treatment, and the Supreme Court turned down the state's appeal, and helped combat discrimination for transgenders at the Federal level.

• El Diablo and AAR like this

Melchior
  • Melchior

• The Connection
  • Vietnam

Posted 23 April 2016 - 02:23 AM

As things stand, if a woman sees a man in the female bathroom, she'll immediately know something's amiss and will be able to scream out or otherwise alert others. 

If you use the women's bathroom by mistake, nobody screams, for f*ck's sake. You walk out of the stall, find the place full of women, they giggle, you giggle, you wash your hands and leave. If a woman I know is vomiting and has nobody to hold her hair back and stuff, I would go in and do it and expect not to be driven out. 

Nightclubs have unisex bathrooms, nobody waits there for someone to rape. It's just another public space. When men say things like this, they act like because women are in their taking their pants off it's somehow a sexual place. It's just a room where we go to take a dump.

If you walk in and a man is raping a woman, what difference does it make if he is technically allowed in the room? You really haven't thought this through?

• El Diablo, SagaciousKJB, Mister Pink and 1 other like this

Mion
  • Mion

Duke #MarchMadness

• Members
  • Olympics
  • Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 23 April 2016 - 03:25 AM

transgender people should be using the bathroom of the gender they identify as, plain and simple.

it will definitely make trans people feel more comfortable, which is needed to curb the suicide rates among their community. 

Was skeptical about men who say they're transgender as an excuse, but they would go in sign or not

• El Diablo likes this

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 23 April 2016 - 03:38 AM Edited by HeavyDuke, 23 April 2016 - 03:39 AM.

True, however for a kid going to take a pee, who's parents haven't yet explained how sex works and then sees a woman with a big ass dick hanging out of his pants while taking a pee 'standing' is pretty confusing though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users