ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2016 - 02:47 AM

If Trevor didn't kill Johnny...

...Johnny would kill Trevor.

I don't think so. Johnny was too busy blubbering like a little girl when Big-Brother Trevor put his arm around him after bending over K's meth-addled girlfriend and showing her how a real man gets the job done. The only thing Johnny was in any shape to kill was his own dreams and ambitions. Obviously his manhood was a looooooong, distant memory. :)

• temi4328, Al3x_XXI, MuralDeciphered and 1 other like this

temi4328
  • temi4328

"The crow no longer sings to me"

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 28 May 2016 - 07:45 AM

If Trevor didn't kill Johnny...

...Johnny would kill Trevor.

I don't think so. Johnny was too busy blubbering like a little girl when Big-Brother Trevor put his arm around him after bending over K's meth-addled girlfriend and showing her how a real man gets the job done. The only thing Johnny was in any shape to kill was his own dreams and ambitions. Obviously his manhood was a looooooong, distant memory. :)
We all know whose about to get married to Trevor's boot next......
  • ChiroVette and UltraGizmo64 like this

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2016 - 03:53 PM Edited by ChiroVette, 28 May 2016 - 03:54 PM.

Does it, per chance, rhyme with Rico? :karmaeater:   :miranda:  :r*:

RandompedestrianfromLC
  • RandompedestrianfromLC

Liberty City

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2016 - 09:58 PM

If Trevor didn't kill Johnny, then Johnny would have died in to his drug addiction later anyways.

• ChiroVette and Al3x_XXI like this

Edward Nashton
  • Edward Nashton

A Traveler of Both Time and Space.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2016 - 12:58 AM

Maybe this has already been mentioned but I've heard that the Housers never liked the idea of a Biker focused GTA and executive meddling is the only reason we got TLAD. I'm sort of inclined to believe that because you could see the retconning between GTA IV's story and TLAD's; in GTA IV, it's implied that The Lost are racists like the AOD and all of the members you see appear to be exclusively white. In TLAD some of the member's are vocally anti-racist and appear to be ethnically diverse, Jim Fitzgerald even magically changes from being a big, fat, bald, white dude to a mixed race individual, and it's constantly brought up that Johnny is in fact Jewish. To me it seems like the Lost were never intended to be protagonists but somewhere in development that changed and the retcons you see were done to make them more relate-able. I guess once GTA IV and it's episodes came and went and the Housers fulfilled their obligations, they wrote Johnny's brutal death as a "f*ck you" to whoever it was that made them make a biker GTA.

• Dr. Robotnik, Piggsy pls and A.O.D.88 like this

Niobium
  • Niobium

england is my city

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 29 May 2016 - 02:22 AM

how is it implied that the lost in the original IV were racists?
  • Payne Killer likes this

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2016 - 05:16 AM

Well in IV some of them wear confederate flag shirts, which is usually associated with racist rednecks. But in TLAD they no longer wear them.
  • Edward Nashton likes this

Edward Nashton
  • Edward Nashton

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2016 - 06:39 AM Edited by Edward Nashton, 29 May 2016 - 11:50 AM.

Well in IV some of them wear confederate flag shirts, which is usually associated with racist rednecks. But in TLAD they no longer wear them.

Playboy X also tells Niko he doesn't trust them because they're all racists during a mission for Elizabeta, they consistently call Niko a "commie" because of his eastern European accent, a trope that's used to portray stereotypical right wing bigots, and I may be reading into it much, but Johnny's country accent is a lot thicker in IV than it was in TLAD, further implying that they originally intended him and The Lost to have a "redneck" image.

• Dr. Robotnik, Piggsy pls and MuralDeciphered like this

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2016 - 01:12 PM Edited by Piggsy pls, 29 May 2016 - 01:16 PM.

Playboy X also tells Niko he doesn't trust them because they're all racists during a mission for Elizabeta, they consistently call Niko a "commie" because of his eastern European accent, a trope that's used to portray stereotypical right wing bigots, and I may be reading into it much, but Johnny's country accent is a lot thicker in IV than it was in TLAD, further implying that they originally intended him and The Lost to have a "redneck" image.
Yeah, The Lost were definitely portrayed a lot more stereotypically in IV, they had to change all that cause they knew people would have a problem playing as a guy associated with that kind of stuff. Notice how Johnny says over and over again in TLAD that he hates racists, and the only members of The Lost who show some racism (Billy and Brian) end up being antagonists.

Funnily enough a similar thing happened in GTA V, even though The Lost are enemies again in this game. There was a confederate flag at The Lost hideout in Stab City, but it was replaced with a U.S. flag in an update. Though that makes sense since it was already retconned in TLAD, and in V a lot of The Lost npc's are black and hispanic.
  • Edward Nashton likes this

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2016 - 03:13 PM Edited by SmokesWithCigs, 29 May 2016 - 03:45 PM.

I don't mind the fact that johnny terry and clay got killed off. looking back its that they died too easy. they could've stretched out the lost mc missions to about 5 or 6 and had johnny k as an arch nemesis and miniboss for trevor. he could've served as an equally angry and methed out rival. and johnny terry and clay would've died in a boss battle alongs side more lost game members. also the lost could've served as rivals in the drug and gun running side missions.
  • Zello likes this

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2016 - 03:25 PM

I'm the only one who is glad that skinny P*ssy died?

No! His death was cause for celebration all throughout the GTA world!

Long live Johnny K! That's what happens when the likes of a meth-addled, p*ssy in love with a toothless skell messes with Trevor!

Johnny's death is just Rockstar's way of saying "oops we made a sh*t protagonist, we'll make sure you never see him in another GTA again". If Trevor didn't kill him we wouldn't have seen him again anyway.

Fixed that for you.

And I fixed it back to Crystal3lf's much more accurate statement about the doomed idiot of a half-assed protagonist.

You're welcome! :r*:

• Osho, Al3x_XXI and CGFforLife like this

CesarCorona
  • CesarCorona

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2016 - 09:47 PM

If Trevor didn't kill Johnny, then Johnny would have died in to his drug addiction later anyways.

And that concerns me a great deal. Trevor has "habits" himself, like it or not. IF, I mean big if they made Trevor a cameo appearance for next GTA ( I mean IF ) I could see a big follow up death on Trevor. The things he's done, his use of habits...just saying you never know.

I'm not a fan of Tlad so I didn't give a sh!t, personally. Trevor just killed a man in a low point in his drug use, heavy drugged up person that T had advantage of, just like say It happens to T one day & T tries his hardest but he's a bit F'ed up from drugs in next game. I hope not but with them Rocky stars, you never know.
  • AzelfandQuilava likes this

monkb4skunk
  • monkb4skunk

Have a nice day, motherf*cker

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • New-Zealand

Posted 11 August 2016 - 11:30 PM

If Trevor didn't kill him he would have raped him.
  • The Deadite likes this

eCola
  • eCola

Homie

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 11 August 2016 - 11:40 PM Edited by Cluckin' Bell, 11 August 2016 - 11:49 PM.

Does it, per chance, rhyme with Rico? :karmaeater:   :miranda:  :r*:

I'm gonna rain on your parade by saying that Niko is far more intelligent than the idea of him growing a drug addiction, becoming a physically and mentally weak guy, moving to a desert, and getting killed by Trevor.

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

Jhoshua Wolfox
  • Jhoshua Wolfox

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 August 2016 - 11:18 AM Edited by Jhoshua Enterman, 16 August 2016 - 01:13 PM.

Did you guys ever ask yourselves what would happen if Johnny was to survive? http://gtaforums.com...ohnny-survived/

• Al3x_XXI likes this

Red Lynx 23
  • Red Lynx 23

Scared I'll kill you all day instead of getting crates

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2016 - 03:35 PM

Maybe, just maybe, Johnny would have been a good antagonist to Trevor's character.  Not only is Trevor stealing his business, he's porking his old lady.  Which would provide good incentive for Trevor to skip out and go to Los Santos, instead of Wade miraculously finding Michael through a phonebook(!).  Dealing with an angry biker gang, one you know what they are capable of from the previous game, instead of the forking Chinese.  Because that literally made no sense to me and just seems to be shoehorned in there at the last minute.  

Plus, The Lost MC and Madrazzo Cartel getting in a big shootout, just like Merryweather and The FIB had done twice. Or perhaps Johnny Klebitz and Martin Madrazzo conspiring against Trevor. Considering the entire beef between Johnny and Trevor, and Trevor kidnapping Mrs. Madrazzo.

CesarCorona
  • CesarCorona

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2016 - 04:40 PM

They would have double team Ashley. Monday's, T gets ash. Tuesday T gets Johnny. lol.

Man, The rocket stars wrote this story wrong. But I think it's all about power. Had they been friends, they, the bikers would had destroyed the aztecas. I'm sure of it.

But.......(..........) R* didn't use the brains homie.

babanigGARdo
  • babanigGARdo

the lord of morons

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 03 May 2017 - 07:25 PM Edited by babanigGARdo, 03 May 2017 - 07:28 PM.

johnny was honestly a pretty bland character and his dlc was really boring

trevor honestly did this cowardly cuckold a favor by offing him 
he was a pathetic mess

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• Members
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]

Posted 03 May 2017 - 07:38 PM

johnny was honestly a pretty bland character

Merged into established topic. Don't worry about the bump, it's fine.

GTAUrbanCamping
  • GTAUrbanCamping

Urban Camper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 May 2017 - 11:10 PM

If Johnny wasnt killed by Trevor, Johnny wouldve asked T to go bowling.

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2017 - 03:31 PM

what I didn't like about the lost in v was that they weren't utilized enough. yeah they had random events and your bound to run into them on the highways in blain county and their camp in stab city and the vinewood club house but It would only make sense that after killing johnny , attacking their camp and then bombing stab city it would only make sense that trevor would've been greenlit and atate wide hunt for trevor would've been on. I feel that this would've made the game more meatier and an opportunity for more gameplay and missions etc.
since trevor plays like your typical gta protag with rampages and criminal side activities it would make since that he would've had the lost constantly antagonizing him like the ballas did cj in san andreas he would've had run ins with them all over blaine county and san andreas except areas like strawberry or the southern industrial area. I've gotten into shoot outs with them in paleto bay and in on the roadway in front of yellow jack inn but those instances are rare.
  • Payne Killer likes this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 19 August 2017 - 03:35 AM

Johnny didn't have much to live for, if you come to think of it. One of his best friends, Billy Grey, had turned on him. Billy was a significant person in Johnny's life. Stuff like that doesn't just go away in a matter of days. I'm pretty sure that the betrayal haunted him for a long time, and his heart probably never fully processed the fact that Billy wasn't a true friend, and was dead. Having to kill one of your former best friends isn't easy, and once done, you may never be able to get over it. Then there's the fact that The Lost MC had gone to sh*t in Liberty City, even though it's likely that it didn't get completely shut down over there. Plus, after the gang's civil war, it had lost a lot of its people, and people in the gang were divided into two groups, namely "people who believed in Johnny", and "people who believed in Billy". So even though the gang was still running and fully functional after the civil war, it was still very unstable, divided and constantly acquiring tension. And then there's Ashley, the girl who Johnny was madly in love with and his feelings for her crossed all boundaries of rationality. He knew she's just a trouble maker, and he knew that she had already done unforgivable things, even though her addiction made her do all of those things. Still, he couldn't get himself to stop loving her. She had already cheated on him, and after the end of their relationship, done a lot of stuff (if you know what I mean) with a lot of other people due to her addiction problem. Hell, she even put Johnny through a lot of trouble (unintentionally) by running into debts and making him do the dirty work to stay protected from loansharks. And even then, Johnny loved her so much, he ended up getting back in a relationship with her, before or after moving to Blaine County. And finally, I don't know what made him do this, but he started doing meth and got addicted to it as well, even though he was clearly aware of it's bad side effects, with her girlfriend Ashley being a live example. Maybe it was his love for her that made him blind, I don't know. But all of that meth consumption turned him into a weak man, who had also become psychologically unstable. And that instability made a major surviving portion of the gang believe that Johnny was a rat and not fit to be the leader, and that Billy Grey was unfairly killed. Now just take a moment to process what you've just read. Some of his biggest, oldest, closest friends (Billy, Brian etc.), GONE! A lot of brothers of his motorcycle club, GONE! And his girlfriend Ashley's faithfulness had gone long ago already. He loved her, but he wasn't ever happy with her. Plus, his own brain and body were pretty much eradicated. He was, both physically and emotionally, pretty much a walking corpse. I think Rockstar did the right thing by putting him out of his misery. Side note, the meth caused him to become physically weak and psychologically unstable. This implies that if Trevor and Johnny would've had a dispute in 2008 or before that, Johnny would've obviously won. And also, in GTA V, the only reason Johnny calmed down just a little while after yelling at Trevor for having sex with Ashley, is because he was weak and his body just couldn't contain a lot of anger, and hell, he even apologized to Trevor even though it wasn't his fault. That shows that it wasn't Trevor who truly killed him, it was actually Ashley and f*cking meth! Trevor was just an angel sent to earth by god to put Johnny out of his misery. Trevor truly is, an Angel of Death. :p
  • highspeed and Wingate167 like this

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Most Creative [Writing] 2016
    Most Talented Writer 2015
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 19 August 2017 - 05:38 PM

That was actually a good post. Heartbreak can turn people to drugs so you could argue that the events of TLAD are what put him back on the hard stuff. Johnnys story was always one destined to end bad, I guess, and Trevor was just the vehicle. I still believe rockstar could have shown that better and that Trevor killing johnny was merely a shock tactic but good post nonetheless
  • CGFforLife likes this

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:22 AM Edited by Budweiser Addict, 21 August 2017 - 12:23 AM.

Maybe this has already been mentioned but I've heard that the Housers never liked the idea of a Biker focused GTA and executive meddling is the only reason we got TLAD.

May I ask where you heard this? I'm not completely doubting you but I'm surprised I've never seen this mentioned before. Definitely interesting if true however.

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

F*ck thyself

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:31 AM

I wished JK was put down in a more badass way, perhaps a fight in Stab City or something.

Edward Nashton
  • Edward Nashton

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2017 - 07:25 PM

Maybe this has already been mentioned but I've heard that the Housers never liked the idea of a Biker focused GTA and executive meddling is the only reason we got TLAD.

May I ask where you heard this? I'm not completely doubting you but I'm surprised I've never seen this mentioned before. Definitely interesting if true however.

It was something that was mentioned several times on other threads a while back ago. I'm not sure about the executive meddling part, but from what I understand, when the DLC was in it's conceptual phase, several people at R* had competing ideas on what the first episode was going to revolve around - the biker theme idea won in the end and one or both of the Housers disapproved but went along with it anyway. When the production of GTA V's story started rolling, the Housers were supposedly quick to vindictively kill off Johnny and what was left of the TLAD cast - I mean, it kinda looks that way when you think about it.

This is all just speculation, though. We'll probably never know the real reason why they decided to kill off Johnny the way that they did. But here's an interview The Benz did with IGN where he briefly mentions "internal competition" when asked about the approach going into the creation of TLAD. http://www.ign.com/a...in-depth?page=1

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:59 PM Edited by ChiroVette, 25 August 2017 - 09:14 PM.

I wished JK was put down in a more badass way

I think you are saying this as a IV/TLaD/Johnny fan, though. To me, as a huge fan of V, whose favorite GTA character of all time may, in fact, be Trevor, I think Johnny was put down in a badass way. Badass in the sense that it sets up Trevor as the psychotic maniac that he is.

Maybe not so badass for Johnny K. ;)

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 26 August 2017 - 09:43 AM Edited by CGFforLife, 26 August 2017 - 09:46 AM.

I wished JK was put down in a more badass way

I think you are saying this as a IV/TLaD/Johnny fan, though. To me, as a huge fan of V, whose favorite GTA character of all time may, in fact, be Trevor, I think Johnny was put down in a badass way. Badass in the sense that it sets up Trevor as the psychotic maniac that he is.

Maybe not so badass for Johnny K. ;)
Exactly, and also it's impossible to give Johnny K a decent death, because he already turned into a pussy, And I also doubt if it ever possible for him to handle a gun in his "f*cked up" situation, Trevor already did a good job putting him out of his misery

And also, Am I the only one here who actually glad that Johnny is dead? And the only one that find the cutscene funny?

MuralDeciphered
  • MuralDeciphered

The Real Mystery Buster

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 August 2017 - 09:02 PM Edited by MuralDeciphered, 28 August 2017 - 02:46 AM.

GTA V already had arguably too many antagonists though =p  though I suppose he and the Lost could have replaced the Cheng Triad for all intents and purposes. but the entire purpose of his death was basically shock... a broken up fight would have been rather underwhelming. he needed to kill someone important in that scene =p

It was shock - rather than build Trevor up properly, rockstar needed a shortcut to make him look tough - and killing a tough protagonist and the destroying the tough biker gang did that. The entire story were told Trevor is crazy etc, but we never really see the reasons behind it. Just cheap tricks - the characters saying it, simple actions like that sh*t he eats etc

TL:DR : It was never about Johnny , it was simply an act of pure rage after a decade long emotive build up with Michael. Johnny was at the wrong place at the wrong time sadly.

I feel like everyone is missing the important key information from that whole scene : Trevor learning that his brother 4 life actually betrayed him for the last decade , is still alive and kicking heists with a new crew up in Vinewood. He never wanted to actually kill Johnny , it wasn't planned at all. He killed him out of rage.

s3qowU1.png

Michael , his brother. The person whom he considered part of his own family , the person he loved more than his own mother. His long time buddy , that he mourned for the last decade while hiding in a crappy trailer park in the middle of nowhere to hide from the police. That buddy who he thought dead , for all that time.

FbTEcKS.png

This guy would be alive ?  Trevor can't take it. He just gets his pants up and walk out the trailer. He doesn't even answer Ashley about getting high. He's not even paying attention to anyone anymore at this point , he's entering an uncontrollable rage. The kind of rages he gets during his rampages. He ignores Ashley , walks out the trailer not giving a single f*ck about Johnny or anyone. He's just walking away , trying to understand what the hell happened during the last 10 years. the failed heist , Michael being dead , it was all a lie ! what about Brad ? Do he know about Michael ? Did we both get set up ?

And then just when he's having 101 thoughts at the same time , Little Johnny insist for a show off and run after him , '' asking '' for explanations... answers which he got in the form of a bottle to the head with a few heel dropkicks.

med_1470757626_1382554077_image.jpg

Trevor : '' Next time don't get in my f*cking face ! I just saw a f*cking ghost and I've got to hear your crap !? Get up ! Get up ! ( Tries to get johnny to move ) f*ck you then ! ''

This is the second turning point in the story line , the start of the second conflict. Because of that misfortune , Trevor is now in big trouble. The lost won't be happy to learn about their Vice president brutal death. They will most certainly avenge him. It's time for a preemptive strike , Trevor needs to find the lost and wipe them before they find him.

Trevor :'' That dopey cowboy's forced our hand , we gotta find the rest of the Losts. ''

After Mr. Phillips mission , you can go to any tattoo store to remove Michael tattoo.

• ChiroVette, BurnettVice and highspeed like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users