Photo

Trevor & Johnny Discussion

113 replies to this topic
Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2016 - 04:33 PM Edited by Piggsy pls, 23 April 2016 - 04:34 PM.

2 missions for Niko and 1 for Luis, only because it interefered with their business and Faustin's/Ray's.
Hardly 'enemies' if you ask me.
Niko's enemies were Russians.
Luis's enemies were Rocco and whatever mob Tony owed sh*t to.

You forgot CTW (they only appear as enemies in that game) but my point is at a couple points in those games they appeared as enemies and the same is true in V. You say they were only killed for business, didn't Trevor take them out cause he wanted no competition in the arms/drug trafficking market? Hell Niko killing Jason and the other Lost guys was personal on Faustin's behalf. Plus they only actually appear in 3 missions (I think) in V's story.

Yeah the writing with them was bad but there's nothing wrong them being the "bad guys" in V. In fact they should have been Trevor's main atagonists instead of the useless Triad/O'neil subplots.
  • UltraGizmo64 likes this

Cern
  • Cern

Cutest Cervine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 May 2016 - 08:02 AM

Johnny was the biggest f*cking piece of sh*t in the entire series. Junkie girlfriend, sh*tty crackhouse, he's a biker (that should say everything), and on top of that he's a f*cking bitch. Glad he's dead.

OT: Series would be worse for it. Johnny deserved to die, and it was funny seeing him reduced to nothing.
  • Al3x_XXI likes this

Uncle Vlad
  • Uncle Vlad

annoying dick

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 02 May 2016 - 08:22 AM

Johnny was the biggest f*cking piece of sh*t in the entire series. Junkie girlfriend, sh*tty crackhouse, he's a biker (that should say everything), and on top of that he's a f*cking bitch. Glad he's dead.

OT: Series would be worse for it. Johnny deserved to die, and it was funny seeing him reduced to nothing.

Niobium, CreepShow and B Dawg want a word with you. :p

• B Dawg, PhillBellic, UltraGizmo64 and 1 other like this

MrEnigma
  • MrEnigma

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 May 2016 - 01:25 PM Edited by MrEnigma, 02 May 2016 - 01:26 PM.

Johnny might've been a decent character in TLaTD, but in V, he was too similar to the O'Neil brothers.  With the way this part of the story went - Chang ditching 'TP Industries' for O'Neil, then Trevor wiping them all out and casting this aside when he went to Los Santos & found Michael - what role would Johnny play??

No matter what you think of him, if he was spared & never mentioned again or not, you'd almost certainly have to re-write the story.

He would've made good fodder for an expansion pack though......

• DimitriFaustin likes this

Niobium
  • Niobium

han solo died

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 02 May 2016 - 04:24 PM

....you hate him just because he's a biker?

that should say everything.

i know i'm a dumbass for taking the bait and all that jazz, but you're such an obvious troll.
  • Payne Killer likes this

.Vooodu.
  • .Vooodu.

Make GTA Great Again

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 May 2016 - 02:53 PM

I think...  Trevor is just the end game. Trevor is a complete psychopath and Johnny chose the wrong person to play the bitch too after confronting Trevor.

The real thing that Killed Johnny was the meth.  Both him and Ashley are totally addicted and f*cked up on meth.  

I loved TLAD too.  And i remember the 1st time i saw Johnny in GTA V and i was like.  Wow..hes all f*cked up. Hes a shell of his former self.

The old skool Johnny would have never allowed himself to be attacked by Trevor like that.

I mean he hugs Trevor after telling him off.. After Trevor tells him to suck it.    Johnny turned bitch.... and got his head smashed in

• Sonny3787 likes this

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Most Creative [Writing] 2016
    Most Talented Writer 2015
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 04 May 2016 - 09:22 PM

I don't think Trevor was intoxicated at all, tbh. He's just an outlaw. I would have liked to have seen a full-on fight, to be honest, and instead of killing Johnny, for them both to be pulled apart, and that leak out over the course of Trevor's story. Johnny could have been an antagonist, and why not spin things; you always kill the antagonist. In gta IV, Niko had the choice to deal with Dmitri (okay, short term), but why not at least expand on it.

I dont think Rockstar gave themselves enough space to work in with the story of V. So perhaps they had to use Johnny as a tool to show Trevor being tough. Still, it was a shame to see it.

And as GTA, and GTA V especially, is not  that realistic, maybe Johnny survived. People have survived vicious attacks, impalement and even decapitation. There's a story about a guy in the 1800s who got a railway spike through his head. He lived. ;)

• UltraGizmo64 and Payne Killer like this

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K
  • S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 May 2016 - 11:48 PM

GTA V already had arguably too many antagonists though =p  though I suppose he and the Lost could have replaced the Cheng Triad for all intents and purposes. but the entire purpose of his death was basically shock... a broken up fight would have been rather underwhelming. he needed to kill someone important in that scene =p

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2016 - 01:14 AM Edited by ChiroVette, 05 May 2016 - 01:14 AM.

No, actually that was only ONE of the many reasons Thugger listed.

-Biggest piece of sh*t in the entire series (check)

-Junkie girlfriend (check)

-Sh*tty crackhouse (check)

-He's a biker

-He's a f*cking bitch (check)

That's five very good reasons to celebrate the timely demise of dear, sweet, drug-addled Johnny K. :)

• Sonny3787 and Al3x_XXI like this

Old Dinosaur
  • Old Dinosaur

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!
  • Australia

Posted 05 May 2016 - 01:35 AM Edited by Old Dinosaur, 05 May 2016 - 01:35 AM.

i've said this before but atleast johnny got a proper ending to his story Luis and Niko will never get that, and i know alot of people disagree but i thought it was believable for johnny to turn out that way taking everything into account of course 

Niobium
  • Niobium

han solo died

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 May 2016 - 02:46 AM

-He's a biker

That's five very good reasons to celebrate the timely demise of dear, sweet, drug-addled Johnny K. :)

you're always talking sh*t about IV yet you're in The Connection Gang, which is a reference to IV.... you are clearly a troll.

enjoy getting blocked.

• PhillBellic, UltraGizmo64, Maibatsu545 and 1 other like this

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

THEN I SWALLOD THE EVRYTING

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 05 May 2016 - 03:56 AM

-He's a biker

wat
Most of these also apply to Trevor, he's a deranged rapist and cannibal hence a sh*t, he has junkie friends, a sh*tty crackhouse and i don't know how being a biker is a negative.

Johnny wasnt the biggest bitch in gta, Michael is.

Do you practice or were you always this sucky chirovette?
  • B Dawg, PhillBellic, Niobium and 3 others like this

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:14 AM

GTA V already had arguably too many antagonists though =p  though I suppose he and the Lost could have replaced the Cheng Triad for all intents and purposes. but the entire purpose of his death was basically shock... a broken up fight would have been rather underwhelming. he needed to kill someone important in that scene =p

It was shock - rather than build Trevor up properly, rockstar needed a shortcut to make him look tough - and killing a tough protagonist and the destroying the tough biker gang did that. The entire story were told Trevor is crazy etc, but we never really see the reasons behind it. Just cheap tricks - the characters saying it, simple actions like that sh*t he eats etc

It was a shock tactic and one that's a result of a short story (of which 75% is fib sh*t).
But rockstar would have known that such an act would alienate those TLAD fans and k think that's what it is. Some of the players played TLAD a lot, fought the struggles in that game, and Johnny's demise kind of undermines that's it's one thing having 'rip Claude' on the walls (which is merely a reference) but physically showing a liked (by some) protag being killed (especially by a character you're supposed to like) isn't smart at all.   

i've said this before but atleast johnny got a proper ending to his story Luis and Niko will never get that, and i know alot of people disagree but i thought it was believable for johnny to turn out that way taking everything into account of course

Fair point about closure but then niko, Luis, Claude, Toni, Tommy, Michael, Franklin and Trevor all don't have that 'last chapter'
You don't need it in this form. You meet, and love a protagonist, you right their fight, you win or at least survive. Then the story ends and that's that.

This is a debate that'll never go away and I'm still juggling the possibility that Johnny could have survived.
In researching, I found articles of people who'd survived vicious fights, a man who was cut and stabbed in the back by a machete who survived without being paralysed, a man who had a railway spike through his head (ouch) and a man who was decapitated but a train: they all survived.
But it still feels too much of a stretch. I guess it's simply a case of people being mad at Rockstar for deliberately decimating a liked character

Personally I'd like to have seen an all new character, built up as a tough bad guy over several missions, build up a dislike for him (the way devin can be disliked, though I'm sure some people like him) and then have Trevor kill him. But Johnny was literally nothing more than boot-fodder. It could be any character. The lost could be replaced by the AOD (which would make more sense), or any other gang and serve the same purpose.
  • B Dawg, PhillBellic, UltraGizmo64 and 2 others like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

It was mine, Cactus Wine!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:57 AM

and a man who was decapitated by a train: they all survived.

One does not simply survive decapitation :lol:

• The Deadite likes this

Lester-The-Molester
  • Lester-The-Molester

When there's no cops, anything's legal!

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2016 - 03:24 PM

-He's a biker

you're always talking sh*t about IV yet you're in The Connection Gang, which is a reference to IV.... you are clearly a troll.

enjoy getting blocked.

May I apologize on the behalf of ChirroVette for not asskissing Johnny but at least wait for an explanation from him before going all "u a troll m8, blockd".

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

THEN I SWALLOD THE EVRYTING

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 05 May 2016 - 03:54 PM

May I apologize on the behalf of ChirroVette for not asskissing Johnny but at least wait for an explanation from him before going all "u a troll m8, blockd".

What are you, his lawyer?
This assclown is always posting bait and fanboy-ish tripe, of course he deserves to be called a troll, he doesn't have to dickride Johnny, just not post sh*t every f*cking time like he always does.
  • Niobium, D9fred95, Maibatsu545 and 2 others like this

Lester-The-Molester
  • Lester-The-Molester

When there's no cops, anything's legal!

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2016 - 05:04 PM

No, I'm not his lawyer. But, I simply despise posts were you make an accusation and then proceed to end the conversation, not letting the other person deny or confirm. I've never seen a post from him that made him in my eyes a troll but I guess that's simply how you see him.
  • Mr. Fartenhate likes this

PacketOverload
  • PacketOverload

Nostalgia'ous Maximus

• Members
  • Canada
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 05 May 2016 - 05:33 PM Edited by PacketOVerload_x64Bit, 05 May 2016 - 05:37 PM.

Ideology (skip to paragraph #2 for to the point):
Personally, I like stories where the protagonists and the antagonists have some type of moral center or are "pushed" to do what they have to do. "Man on fire" scenarios are only cool when there is a greater good at stake. What can I say? I think many folks like the "Good-guy gone bad because of bad, but for the right reasons/back to good after" stories. Examples: Die Hard, Red, Bad Boys, Lethal Weapon, Beverly Hills Cop, Point Break.

Paragraph#2 (lol)
My point? All the characters are luke-warm and lack much depth. Especially when compared with GTA4. Long story short, I hated Trevor minutes into the game because his depth (or rather lack of) was perceived early on and then that (lack of) depth was confirmed throughout the story until the final, rather predictable ending (I chose to kill Trevor). And, at the same time, what's the point of burning Trevor alive? It was unnecessary - more over, cowardly and shallow. Like a dirty, double-crossing, no-good low-life would do. Again, counter-intuitive to Frankling and Michael's characters.

Trevor
Trevor and Michael are dirtbags. Trevor, oh god, where to start. The off-the-wall aspect of Trevor is cool for rampaging but I think depth is what matters in story telling. For example: Shootouts ad infinitum is one thing, but overall understanding why someone is pulling the trigger brings depth, understanding, identifying with the character etc. Trevor just seems all "Shock and Engage" for Mommy and Daddy reasons (past) and not really for "good" reasons in the future. He wants to build a nefarious cargo and drug operation, but his character doesn't give an inkling of indication that  he would enjoy any of the perks of that labor: enjoying finer, expensive things in life. Leaves me irritated and haunted by the genius of GTA4 characters. To be honest, I don't really care about Trevor, Frankling or Michael much at all. Trevor killing Johnny was just another poop-colored cherry on the dog-poop cake. (Reasoning below)

Michael
Micheal, Michael, Michael. Call me old (You old bastard Packet!) but Michael is like the parent you see once in a while that has no parenting skills what-so-ever, who has no balls to do the right thing in raising his chilren and who hasn't the spine to realize that he's raising Hitler by spoiling his kids and not disciplining them. Then, he feels disappointed in his life. He's having a pitty-party that is literally, out of control. It's sad, not cool. If he did something about it, maybe it would be cool. 

He was the most intriguing character in GTA5 because he was basically like a stick-up artist on steroids.Mastermind, cool cat, age-bestowed wise-man-type criminal with a moral center. That's what I thought until
I played GTA5. Maybe it was the GTA5 ending where Michael and Franklin weren't supreme champions of Los Santos that was the problem. Would you call that lack of a happy ending? haha. IDK. Maybe...

Trevor Killing Johnny:
This actually left a residual irritation immediately after playing it. Maybe it's because I've been a side-liner in the modding community for so long. That scene actually came off as anti-GTA4 and anti-GTA4
modding to me. Like "DIE GTA4 memories muahaha ur idols have been killed and pooped on! muahaha" Trevor stomped out the likes of GTA4 characters like he (Trevor) was cooler than GTA4 characters. Like 
GTA4 characters live's were garbage, no good and that Johnny just turned into a poopy drug addict loser with a hoe, prostiture wife that had nothing to live for. That seemed really counter-intuitive compared
to his role in IV. 

I guess in many ways I'm a little peeved at Rockstar treating GTA4 characters like that. Like if they brought back Tommy Vercetti and made him a 24/7 clerk who gets shot in a crappy nightime robbery with 
a 3D printed gun and one bullet. 
  • MrEnigma, gunziness and Dijital Binali like this

Spadge
  • Spadge

Low Rider

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 05 May 2016 - 06:50 PM Edited by Spadge, 05 May 2016 - 06:52 PM.

I love Trevor, I think he's great, I like his style, the clothes you can get for him, I drive a modded Charger R/T with the leather jacket and the boots, I like the missions you can do with him, those for Josh Bernstein, Maude, Cletus, I like his rural lifestyle and his authenticity, a new and interesting character.

You guys seem to forget that criminals never live long, especially methheads like Johnny, also ending B in V was very plausible for T, since he's likely to go our with a big boom.

I played through every single Grand Theft Auto, and V is excellent, I think people just hate on it because they feel edgy and alternative for it. It's a great game, even if Kleibniz got his faced stomped, don't take it so seriously.

That's what makes this game so great, amongst all of these games which try hard at being good and serious, GTA is the best and still manages to be auto-derisive.

This comes from someone who was there from the start, don't take it so seriously, because the game itself doesn't either.
  • PacketOverload, Al3x_XXI and DimitriFaustin like this

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:35 PM

I guess in many ways I'm a little peeved at Rockstar treating GTA4 characters like that. Like if they brought back Tommy Vercetti and made him a 24/7 clerk who gets shot in a crappy nightime robbery with 
a 3D printed gun and one bullet. 

All hell would break loose if they did that :p

• PacketOverload likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:43 PM

The writing is so stupid that something really bad must've happened to Johnny to put him where he was. Something unrealistic considering his personality.

It's bad writing, it's as simple as that. Johnny would've been fine had they knew how to write.
  • gunziness, PacketOverload, PhillBellic and 3 others like this

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 May 2016 - 11:40 PM Edited by D9fred95, 05 May 2016 - 11:46 PM.

Yeah, because a guy who severely mentally unstable, eats human stew without disgust, kills cops for fun regularly, shows people his "thingie" and chase them down when they flee, causes chaos for lulz, has implied rape of a nervous guy and is so hostile to others even his closest friends get nervous around him is clearly better than a biker who's a bit of a dickhead.

Yeah, and Trevor is a junkie who huffs gasoline and takes meth on a semi-regular basis. In addition to the stuff Trevor does above, he's worse than Ashley.

And Trevor has a crappy trailer and crappy meth lab. The Lost doesn't even have the clubhouse anymore, they have the trailer park. Before it's even said, " a sh°tty trailer park", ignoring that Sandy Shores is just as rundown.

-He's a biker

Nice sterotype, believe it or not but there are infact people who like bikers and °GASP° not all bikers are dicks. There's even biker clubs designed around anti-child and animal abuse. Even then, I highly doubt your average biker is completely criminal.

Ad Hominem, not even a real reason.

Didn't you say somewhere that you did stuff like this just to troll diehard IV fans? You're not even doing it ironically anymore, you've literally became just as bad as them, if not worse since you constantly do it. Inb4 "just kidding guys".

• B Dawg, PacketOverload, PhillBellic and 4 others like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 06 May 2016 - 12:02 AM

^ Simply ignore his snide remarks. I don't think he's serious.
  • Niobium and D9fred95 like this

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 May 2016 - 04:19 AM

^ Simply ignore his snide remarks. I don't think he's serious.

You're right and I had a hunch that was the case, but at the same time it's so annoying. He does this even though there's no V bashing, he's really jumped off the slippery slope.

• PacketOverload, Niobium and Maibatsu545 like this

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:49 AM

I thought you said 'anti-child' biker clubs

Haha

But they're mostly like metal singers - really nice and quite polite. Anyone ever read the story about the biker gang protecting a girl who was raped or something? Like they escorted her to school or something. Can't remember 100% but it's something like that
  • PhillBellic, UltraGizmo64 and D9fred95 like this

Cluckin' Bell
  • Cluckin' Bell

Bullsh*t at Bullworth

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 13 May 2016 - 10:50 PM Edited by WhyDoINeedAName, 13 May 2016 - 10:51 PM.

The story would be improved, and I wouldn't have picked ending A to turn Trevor into a pile of ashes.

FranklinsIron
  • FranklinsIron

TWR: Ryanssh*tPit

• Members
  • England

Posted 13 May 2016 - 11:27 PM

Write the question in search tab, before starting a new thread. Over 100, asking same question.

If Johnny didn't die, the script would be different.

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2016 - 11:41 PM

And definitely not quite as good as it is now. :)

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 14 May 2016 - 01:43 AM Edited by josephene123, 14 May 2016 - 01:44 AM.

I don't know, I'd rather he wasn't in the game at all because there are other ways to show Trevor being crazy, without putting half of the fanbase AGAINST him.

There's also the issue of the unbelievable leaps that the writers have to make to put Johnny in that situation.

Johnny's story should have been concluded in IV, really. I guess if he didn't die in that moment he'd have been built up into more of an antagonist?
  • D9fred95, A.O.D.88 and Pink Pineapple like this

Niobium
  • Niobium

han solo died

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 May 2016 - 03:53 AM

actually it would be the same since killing johnny does not advance the plot in any way other than the few missions where you are forced to help that asshole trevor fight the lost.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users