Quantcast

» «
Photo

Should GTA next go back in time or keep it modern?

503 replies to this topic

Poll: What era should the next game be set in? (584 member(s) have cast votes)

What era should the next game be set in?

1. 50's or earlier (13 votes [2.23%])

Percentage of vote: 2.23%

2. 60's (10 votes [1.71%])

Percentage of vote: 1.71%

3. 70's (86 votes [14.73%])

Percentage of vote: 14.73%

4. 80's (110 votes [18.84%])

Percentage of vote: 18.84%

5. 90's (59 votes [10.10%])

Percentage of vote: 10.10%

6. 00's (30 votes [5.14%])

Percentage of vote: 5.14%

7. Modern times (258 votes [44.18%])

Percentage of vote: 44.18%

8. Future (18 votes [3.08%])

Percentage of vote: 3.08%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Jabalous
  • Jabalous

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Jabalous, 3 weeks ago.

Going modern is a lot safer if Rockstar want any of that broad demographic money and I'm pretty sure they care more about the money than they do about the fans, so oh well. Maybe we'll get a VC remaster. Probably not.

It's a little unfortunate to be setting the time to appeal to a wider demographic, however I think it's this poll where a majority of respondents would rather a non-modern GTA.

A majority are actually Modern based happy.

Hopefully an astonishing Las Vegas and Miami remake.

Actually, if you add up the percentages in the poll, Modern Day choice and Older Time choices are almost equally split. 70s, 80s and 90s equate to 44.83% of the number of votes, so that means that the majority are not happy with modern day.

• Roger Cheeto likes this

MojoGamer
  • MojoGamer

Savage

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by MojoGamer, 3 weeks ago.

and 00's, Modern's and Future's add up to estimate 51%. So this means, you lefted out crucial information and the majority are happy.

51>49 estimated percentage

292>220 total votes 

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Zello, 3 weeks ago.

00's and future don't really count towards modern day. The 00's 2000-2009 last time I checked are the past it's 2017 now. The future isn't modern day because well it's the future.

Counting up all the votes it's the past leading with 301>247
  • Mister Pink and GTA-Biker like this

MojoGamer
  • MojoGamer

Savage

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

That is preposterous! 274 past votes do not beat 294 modern votes. You're absurd by saying the 2,000's do relate to today's generation and the future to not be a revelation to tomorrow's modern day. The 2,000's are in close proximity to the modern world. You are feeling nostalgia and not plausible.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

That is preposterous! 274 past votes do not beat 294 modern votes. You're absurd by saying the 2,000's do relate to today's generation and the future to not be a revelation to tomorrow's modern day. The 2,000's are in close proximity to the modern world. You are feeling nostalgia and not plausible.

The only time the 00's really related to today was in the late 00's around like 2008-09 that was only a small part of the decade you still have to consider the early 2000's that are WAY different than today. Also tell me how does the future relate to modern day and why are you counting it when it's ummm...I dunno THE FUTURE.

MojoGamer
  • MojoGamer

Savage

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

The only time the 00's really related to today was in the late 00's around like 2008-09 that was only a small part of the decade you still have to consider the early 2000's that are WAY different than today. Also tell me how does the future relate to modern day and why are you counting it when it's ummm...I dunno THE FUTURE.

GTA are most likely are not adding flying cars. So since GTA will not be released in today's modern time, but will around 2018-2020. Making GTA relating to tomorrow's modern time. Fyi 2017 is considered in the 00's generation.

dunno NOT THE PAST

Roger Cheeto
  • Roger Cheeto

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Going modern is a lot safer if Rockstar want any of that broad demographic money and I'm pretty sure they care more about the money than they do about the fans, so oh well. Maybe we'll get a VC remaster. Probably not.

It's a little unfortunate to be setting the time to appeal to a wider demographic, however I think it's this poll where a majority of respondents would rather a non-modern GTA.

A majority are actually Modern based happy.

Hopefully an astonishing Las Vegas and Miami remake.

Actually, if you add up the percentages in the poll, Modern Day choice and Older Time choices are almost equally split. 70s, 80s and 90s equate to 44.83% of the number of votes, so that means that the majority are not happy with modern day.

Thank you for getting my hopes up.

and 00's, Modern's and Future's add up to estimate 51%. So this means, you lefted out crucial information and the majority are happy.

292>220 total votes 

what

• Payne Killer likes this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

GTA are most likely are not adding flying cars. So since GTA will not be released in today's modern time, but will around 2018-2020. Making GTA relating to tomorrow's modern time. Fyi 2017 is considered in the 00's generation.

dunno NOT THE PAST
Err..2017 is in the 2010's not the 00's y'know the decade we're in right now. The 00's were 2000-2009 the 2010's are 2010-2019 so that means that 2017 is in the 2010's not the 00's in case you didn't know. I also don't think you understand what the future option in the poll means it's for a futuristic GTA in the future with flying cars, lazers, and all that futuristic cyberpunk stuff think of Akira or Ghost in the shell.
  • Roger Cheeto and GTA-Biker like this

MojoGamer
  • MojoGamer

Savage

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

You're very repulsive and keep giving the people understatements. Obviously the "Modern" is winning this poll and represents anything after the year "2000". Look at GTA4 for example. GTA4 introduced good quality cellphones and carried it onto GTA5 as iphones, making it modern and after the year 2000. Before the 2000s, we only had phones for calling and didn't have any apps.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

If the Modern times option in the poll represented everything after the year 2000 then why is the 00's option in the poll separate from the Modern times option?

The 00's have a very different vibe from the 2010's the clothing, technology, music, etc are very different from what we have now.

• Roger Cheeto and GTA-Biker like this

MojoGamer
  • MojoGamer

Savage

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Also if you're talking about the word "decade". Then re-eval-u-ate your "301" to 247, before passing judgement.

Obviously GTA4 had a climax on 00's too

Jabalous
  • Jabalous

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

292>220 total votes 

I personally don't consider '00's' to be Modern Day, especially the period when most of the internet access was still done using dial-up, before the widespread of internet social media and HD video game consoles. I consider 2000-2006 as older times. 

• Roger Cheeto and Zello like this

MojoGamer
  • MojoGamer

Savage

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Personally, but not Generally. Just drop your nostalgic argument, cause it starting to feel unintelligible. For the record, modern is in the lead and most anticipated. But a Las Vegas and Miami settling during 2014-2017, would be an astonishing sequel to GTA5! Case Closed, I'm not going to replie to anymore criticism. 

• Official General likes this

Roger Cheeto
  • Roger Cheeto

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Personally, but not Generally. Just drop your nostalgic argument, cause it starting to feel unintelligible. For the record, modern is in the lead and most anticipated. But a Las Vegas and Miami settling during 2014-2017, would be an astonishing sequel to GTA5! Case Closed, I'm not going to replie to anymore criticism. 

I will not appreciate , your such mannerisms..... But I do not think that you are on the correct side of history! I must insist that's your opinion seems very hostile, and you must know this, as you try to forse others to believe it. I must'nt agree, and must've point out that reply is not spelled """"replie"""" I think an 80's Vice City, grounded, believable in reality, shall be a far superior sequel to GTA5!

MojoGamer
  • MojoGamer

Savage

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I will not appreciate , your such mannerisms..... But I do not think that you are on the correct side of history! I must insist that's your opinion seems very hostile, and you must know this, as you try to forse others to believe it. I must'nt agree, and must've point out that reply is not spelled """"replie"""" I think an 80's Vice City, grounded, believable in reality, shall be a far superior sequel to GTA5!

Oh hell no, smh. Hold this L. My statements are honest and comprehensive. In no way, am i hostile or misrepresenting the majority of this poll. I am not the defendant of this argument and accuse you of slanderous remarks. *mischievous statements are very cringy* 

Roger Cheeto
  • Roger Cheeto

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Oh hell no, smh. Hold this L. My statements are honest and comprehensive. In no way, am i hostile or misrepresenting the majority of this poll. I am not the defendant of this argument and accuse you of slanderous remarks. *mischievous statements are very cringy* 

Ah, yes... I see you've still insist still being hostile !

Jabalous
  • Jabalous

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Jabalous, 3 weeks ago.

It's not nostalgia, but it's rather the fact that different periods of time have special images attached to them as shaped by technology, movies, music, fashion, and most importantly, political events of that period. GTA has always been capitalizing on this simple fact. 

• Zello and Neon_Dreaming like this

evd
  • evd

acid

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

and those technologies, movies, music, fashion and political events are still around today. and are fresh.

Justin-Wood
  • Justin-Wood

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'd say keep it modern, we've got plenty of GTA style games spanning eras, from the Mafia games, to Saints Row/Agents of Mayhem which I'm pretty sure is futuristic. Maybe take a swing at doing something in Japan, since Sleeping Dogs has kinda been put down for good. Just so long as the franchise doesn't try to go balls to the wall goofy canonically.

• MojoGamer likes this

Saganist
  • Saganist

The Cosmos Is Within Us

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Modern times.

Early 2000's wouldn't be too bad but a GTA with camera phones and other bits of modern technology like in V is fun and useful.

They could go back to the 80's or whatever but it would be cool to see updated references about Niko and other HD universe protagonists.

As long as GTA doesn't go all futuristic-y like CoD we'll be good. :lol:

• MojoGamer likes this

VictorVince1239
  • VictorVince1239

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by VictorVince1239, 2 weeks ago.

I've been thinking that Rockstar could make it so players can choose a time period that they prefer for their GTA Online experience. 

Could have a 80s, possibly 90s and modern period. Each time period has a few minor changes in the city, the cars are different and the pedestrians obviously dress and have their hair in styles to make you feel like you're in that period of time.

Then later on you can change it to something else if you choose to by paying the fee like when you want to make changes to your player model. That costs about 10000 so I'd think changing the landscape of a city like that would cost a bit more. So let's say about 50000 or 100000.

CallsignReaver
  • CallsignReaver

I Eat Babies

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I for one would like a setting somewhere in the mid 2000s (2000-2007 mainly), I don't recall many GTAs doing that besides GTA III maybe. It's not too far back but it isn't too modern.

Roger Cheeto
  • Roger Cheeto

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 days ago

I wouldn't mind seeing a 1920's LC.

SHOTIMITSU
  • SHOTIMITSU

Rat

• Members

Posted 3 days ago