Quantcast

» «
Photo

Leslie Benzies sues TT for $150M in unpaid royalties

977 replies to this topic
Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 3 weeks ago

FYI, GTA's development also has very harsh crunch times and other issues. And do you know who was there the whole time? The Benz.
  • Mister Pink, Jestic and UltraGizmo64 like this

AnywhereCityBitch
  • AnywhereCityBitch

Grand Theft Auto you slag!

• BUSTED!
  • Cape-Verde

Posted 3 weeks ago

-he won awards for good leadership etc. go look it up

-RDR got R* in trouble, because it was a development hell for those involved. families weren't too happy, crunch time etc...and that damn DARKNESS everyhwere...until the benz showed up!

-he bought a church just so it wouldn't be taken down for a shopping mall or so

-sam and dan are spoiled brats, it's very likely they're rotten humans who do that kinda sh*t they're being sued for

- he made GTA 3, he built that sh*t.

Dear Benz, I wrote you but you still ain't calling.

• Noclue_42, Roger Cheeto and Zello like this

D T
  • D T

Rat

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Deadly Target, 3 weeks ago.

Ah, so you're trolling, thanks for making that clear.

Every point noclue brought up is backed up by various sources.
  • Noclue_42 likes this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 3 weeks ago

I was more relating to the relevance of the points themselves than their truthfulness, it's all a pile of nonsense.

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Noclue_42, 3 weeks ago.

sorry I replied to some of what you nice people have been throwing at me, just because I said something you did not like, but apparently that's not cool and raavi told me tone it down. will do so, will follow orders!

the benz will always be a legend and remembered anyhow, with or without me bringin up DAT name

PS: victory for the houser bros I guess :D

• D T likes this

Ryhan'ZFX
  • Ryhan'ZFX

Crackhead

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 3 weeks ago

and now its EVERYWHERE!

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Radioaktivität

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 3 weeks ago

Any actual news on this case?

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 3 weeks ago

I have no real knowledge of how this stuff goes down, or when what will happen, but regardless of that here's my take anyways. at the moment I guess it's an ongoing inverstigation to the allegations made. R* lawyers tried to stop it, wasn't accepted by the court. and/or the benz allegations were partly accepted and thus the case gets investigated etc.

right now, probably facts-finding and such? interviews, taking statements at some point. and then some day giving testimony in court and so on? anyhow, this will take a while, certainly not gonna be reseolved before 2018.

• Mister Pink likes this

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

Nothing recent has been said on it other than a passing remark in the interview with Polygon that The Benz and his new team did. We may never find out what happens in the end, they could keep it all private.

• Mister Pink, Spider-Vice and UltraGizmo64 like this

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 3 weeks ago

Nothing recent has been said on it other than a passing remark in the interview with Polygon that The Benz and his new team did. We may never find out what happens in the end, they could keep it all private.

no way it's kept private...unless they go for some OUT OF COURT SETTLEMENT which I find very unlikely. if I was the benz, and I'd know what I know, OF COURSE I would sue and turn down ANY offers to not bring this to court and not let go of it.

D T
  • D T

Rat

• Members

Posted A week ago Edited by D T, A week ago.

A new development

RcfTTnl.png

lol good luck trying to prove that, when there's video and official statements from Rockstar that say otherwise.

Spoiler
  • Mister Pink, UltraGizmo64, Roger Cheeto and 3 others like this

IG_
  • IG_

Peon

• Members
  • Abkhazia

Posted A week ago Edited by IG_, A week ago.

A new development

RcfTTnl.png

lol good luck trying to prove that, when there's video and official statements from Rockstar that say otherwise.

Spoiler

These are hardly proof of anything. Congratulating Lezlie in an award ceremony means nothing (You're not exactly going to roast Lezlie). Saying you are grateful for Lezlie in a short vague sentence after his departure means nothing (Rockstar was trying to play it cool as if nothing was happening, we didn't know Lezlie and R* had a fallout back then).

On the other hand, Rockstar statement's about Lezlie's poor performance in these court documents mean nothing as well. It's a court case so each side will do their best to win. Rockstar will refuse claims that they screwed over Lezlie, Lezlie will refuse claims he was a problem in the production of GTA V.

My bets are on this court case being settled quietly by both sides. Also I'm wondering where the article got the court documents from? I'd like to read these. Court cases are public, right?

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

The quotes about The Benz' poor performance were out when news of his lawsuit came about. It was Rockstar's official response to it.

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted A week ago

Which makes me think what the Benz thinks about the modding debacle. Certainly he has to shut his trap for the time being due to the court case still ongoing, but I'm sure Leslie has a few choice words on T2's recent feud with fans.
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

skyfamster
  • skyfamster

Homie

• Members

Posted 4 days ago Edited by skyfamster, 4 days ago.

gta ol becomes more and more trash , vehicles upgrades are bundled with a bunker and a center truck, after player purchasing both you know what?you cant select the ones you want??????you have to research/buy some other upgrades you dont want before they are available.

Dont blame take2,R itself  has become a currupted liar!

RcfTTnl.png

perhaps leslie's version has some problems,but gamers can choose whatever  items they want in the game without bundles

DeeDogg_
  • DeeDogg_

#F*ckTakeTwo

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

Maybe The Benz was the reason GTAV was sh*te

('o')

• Roger Cheeto likes this

TheWhiteHat
  • TheWhiteHat

DROUGHT SURVIVOR

• Members
  • India

Posted 3 days ago Edited by TheWhiteHat, 3 days ago.

Maybe The Benz was the reason GTAV was sh*te

('o')

Here's an extract form the great lawsuit '

The relationship seems to have broken down in the wake of GTA Online, a multiplayer component of GTA 5, released just after that game's launch.

"The Houser brothers had little interest in GTA Online, and did not focus on its development," according to The Benz. Even so, when The Benz placed his name in the prize spot at the end in the opening credits, a place usually taken by Sam Houser, it caused friction.

The Benz alleges that Sam Houser was unhappy about this. "He claimed to have noticed it only after it had already been released," says the lawsuit. "If true, this would mean that he had not played or even viewed the game pre-release, or else he would have seen the opening credits."

The suit claims that Jennifer Kolbe, a Rockstar executive, reported Sam Houser's unhappiness to The Benz, quoting him as saying that The Benz "wanted to take over the company."

Maybe he could be the reason .  But if The Benz is saying the truth Dan and Sam had no interest in GTA:Online's production? 

Link to Article . https://www.polygon....wsuit-explained

Maibatsu545
  • Maibatsu545

veritas vos liberabit

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago Edited by Maibatsu545, 3 days ago.

They really have nerve blaming Leslie for the awful way they run their company at the highest levels. Really disgusting. I hope he bankrupts them.

edit: And Sam Houser can piss off with his little sissy fit about his name not being last in the credits. No one cares. You're a grown man, act like it. Really shows how off the deep end they and the company have gone.
  • RM76 and TheWhiteHat like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users