• Best Administrator 2016
    Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 23 January 2017 - 11:54 PM

Obviously we won't ever know what is truly happening behind the curtains with this lawsuit, but this development is definitely interesting. Even after all this time, I'm still torn on whether The Benz being gone is a good thing or a frightening thing for Rockstar. Either way, he lead an impressive team for a long time and undoubtedly has a lot of skill, it would be a shame for him to waste it by not developing ever again. "Time for a new world" could be a sly dig at his former friends, but it could also spell serious competition in open world gaming; we're obviously loyal GTA fans but as gamers in general it could be very exciting to see as well.

Perhaps we're getting ahead of ourselves of course, but I'll be keeping an eye out for this for sure.

• Mister Pink, Spider-Vice, Legomanarthur and 5 others like this

mute!
  • mute!

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2017 - 03:35 AM

If anything becomes of this probably the first big game from the Benz will be in 2022. Longs way to go.

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:40 AM

we're obviously loyal GTA fans but as gamers in general it could be very exciting to see as well.

"we" HAVE BEEN

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2017 - 11:35 AM

Obviously we won't ever know what is truly happening behind the curtains with this lawsuit, but this development is definitely interesting. Even after all this time, I'm still torn on whether The Benz being gone is a good thing or a frightening thing for Rockstar. Either way, he lead an impressive team for a long time and undoubtedly has a lot of skill, it would be a shame for him to waste it by not developing ever again. "Time for a new world" could be a sly dig at his former friends, but it could also spell serious competition in open world gaming; we're obviously loyal GTA fans but as gamers in general it could be very exciting to see as well.

Perhaps we're getting ahead of ourselves of course, but I'll be keeping an eye out for this for sure.

For me, thay GTA loyalty still extends to Les as well. I will buy and play to completion what ever kind/size game the Benz ends up putting out.
  • Kirsty likes this

BillGates
  • BillGates

Boot me up.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2017 - 01:09 PM Edited by BillGates, 24 January 2017 - 03:03 PM.

Certainly interesting stuff that is happning here. 

Unless he is backed up by a large publisher and developers, he will not be a competitor to R* in any way obviously. Especially not in open world games with the callibre of R*. No way another publisher/developer will invest 5-6 years on a game to be a competitor for a let's say GTA or RDR.

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 January 2017 - 03:40 PM

I think/hope that he and his team will come up with something so fresh and different that it feels like a shift a la GTA 3. The Benz is a creative mega mind I guess, certainly he has all the right ideas to deliver some unseen immersion paired with technical Innovation.
  • Deadly Target and UltraGizmo64 like this

éX-Driver
  • éX-Driver

Thug

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 January 2017 - 03:17 PM

Watch The Benz studios make a proper follow up to GTA London. Him being a proud Scot would contribute to him designing a game that takes place somewhere in the United Kingdom.

GSH
  • GSH

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Brazil

Posted 26 January 2017 - 07:17 PM

We do not know what really happened, but I particularly believe in The Benz. I have read articles and books that say of small problems inside the company and many people left there because of these problems. Cashmere Games (which appears to have failed, did not launch any game) was created due to discussions about exclusive use of cashmere sweaters (I find it very childish, but ...).

Anyway, I'm afraid that leaves a "hole" in the company and loses quality. GTA Online was idealized by Leslie, without him the game would already be dead. Due to The Benz GTA V is one of the best-selling and played until day on all platforms since launch. He had been together since GTA 3, he knew what he was doing, he knew he would do it to continue his success. I hope the company of The Benz give super right, I'm already waiting for the game #TFANW. But I also hope that Rockstar will continue to be as good as ever, Brothers Houser will do.

I'm very fond of Rockstar, I have all the company's games, I've done 100% more than once in all of them (except those that have not left for the PC), but GTA is AMAZING, WONDERFUL, I hope they continue to make good games.

And of course, I'm a fan, but I'm not stupid, what most I claim is from GTA Online where there are many cheater and all very expensive $$$$$, outside other problems.
  • UltraGizmo64 likes this

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 January 2017 - 05:33 PM

Right on man, I guess

Rodger Cheeto
  • Rodger Cheeto

Early, and often.

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2017 - 11:45 PM

https://twitter.com/everywhere_game

http://www.polygon.c...s-matthew-smith

???

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2016
    Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 27 January 2017 - 11:56 PM

Yes, the topic for that is just below this one..

http://gtaforums.com...udio-w-r-staff/
  • UltraGizmo64, Noclue_42 and Ivan1997GTA like this

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2017 - 04:38 PM

He has such an interesting and positive attitude/personality. Good to see the lawsuit hasn't brought him down too much. Can't wait to see how Everything turns out!

As far as the dispute goes, it's a good thing Les has millions already, but i would like to see him win the case as it does seem like R* tryed to oust him in a cold, calculated way so as to screw him out of well deserved pay.
  • UltraGizmo64 and Incorgnito like this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2017 - 01:19 AM

He has 5 companies now.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users