• Best Administrator 2016
    Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 23 January 2017 - 11:54 PM

Obviously we won't ever know what is truly happening behind the curtains with this lawsuit, but this development is definitely interesting. Even after all this time, I'm still torn on whether The Benz being gone is a good thing or a frightening thing for Rockstar. Either way, he lead an impressive team for a long time and undoubtedly has a lot of skill, it would be a shame for him to waste it by not developing ever again. "Time for a new world" could be a sly dig at his former friends, but it could also spell serious competition in open world gaming; we're obviously loyal GTA fans but as gamers in general it could be very exciting to see as well.

Perhaps we're getting ahead of ourselves of course, but I'll be keeping an eye out for this for sure.

• Mister Pink, Spider-Vice, Legomanarthur and 6 others like this

mute!
  • mute!

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2017 - 03:35 AM

If anything becomes of this probably the first big game from the Benz will be in 2022. Longs way to go.

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:40 AM

we're obviously loyal GTA fans but as gamers in general it could be very exciting to see as well.

"we" HAVE BEEN

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2017 - 11:35 AM

Obviously we won't ever know what is truly happening behind the curtains with this lawsuit, but this development is definitely interesting. Even after all this time, I'm still torn on whether The Benz being gone is a good thing or a frightening thing for Rockstar. Either way, he lead an impressive team for a long time and undoubtedly has a lot of skill, it would be a shame for him to waste it by not developing ever again. "Time for a new world" could be a sly dig at his former friends, but it could also spell serious competition in open world gaming; we're obviously loyal GTA fans but as gamers in general it could be very exciting to see as well.

Perhaps we're getting ahead of ourselves of course, but I'll be keeping an eye out for this for sure.

For me, thay GTA loyalty still extends to Les as well. I will buy and play to completion what ever kind/size game the Benz ends up putting out.
  • Kirsty and TitanR1 like this

BillGates
  • BillGates

Boot me up.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2017 - 01:09 PM Edited by BillGates, 24 January 2017 - 03:03 PM.

Certainly interesting stuff that is happning here. 

Unless he is backed up by a large publisher and developers, he will not be a competitor to R* in any way obviously. Especially not in open world games with the callibre of R*. No way another publisher/developer will invest 5-6 years on a game to be a competitor for a let's say GTA or RDR.

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 January 2017 - 03:40 PM

I think/hope that he and his team will come up with something so fresh and different that it feels like a shift a la GTA 3. The Benz is a creative mega mind I guess, certainly he has all the right ideas to deliver some unseen immersion paired with technical Innovation.
  • D T and UltraGizmo64 like this

éX-Driver
  • éX-Driver

Playa

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 January 2017 - 03:17 PM

Watch The Benz studios make a proper follow up to GTA London. Him being a proud Scot would contribute to him designing a game that takes place somewhere in the United Kingdom.

GSH
  • GSH

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Brazil

Posted 26 January 2017 - 07:17 PM

We do not know what really happened, but I particularly believe in The Benz. I have read articles and books that say of small problems inside the company and many people left there because of these problems. Cashmere Games (which appears to have failed, did not launch any game) was created due to discussions about exclusive use of cashmere sweaters (I find it very childish, but ...).

Anyway, I'm afraid that leaves a "hole" in the company and loses quality. GTA Online was idealized by Leslie, without him the game would already be dead. Due to The Benz GTA V is one of the best-selling and played until day on all platforms since launch. He had been together since GTA 3, he knew what he was doing, he knew he would do it to continue his success. I hope the company of The Benz give super right, I'm already waiting for the game #TFANW. But I also hope that Rockstar will continue to be as good as ever, Brothers Houser will do.

I'm very fond of Rockstar, I have all the company's games, I've done 100% more than once in all of them (except those that have not left for the PC), but GTA is AMAZING, WONDERFUL, I hope they continue to make good games.

And of course, I'm a fan, but I'm not stupid, what most I claim is from GTA Online where there are many cheater and all very expensive $$$$$, outside other problems.
  • UltraGizmo64 likes this

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 January 2017 - 05:33 PM

Right on man, I guess

Roger Cheeto
  • Roger Cheeto

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2017 - 11:45 PM

https://twitter.com/everywhere_game

http://www.polygon.c...s-matthew-smith

???

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2016
    Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 27 January 2017 - 11:56 PM

Yes, the topic for that is just below this one..

http://gtaforums.com...udio-w-r-staff/
  • UltraGizmo64, Noclue_42 and Ivan1997GTA like this

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2017 - 04:38 PM

He has such an interesting and positive attitude/personality. Good to see the lawsuit hasn't brought him down too much. Can't wait to see how Everything turns out!

As far as the dispute goes, it's a good thing Les has millions already, but i would like to see him win the case as it does seem like R* tryed to oust him in a cold, calculated way so as to screw him out of well deserved pay.
  • UltraGizmo64 and Incorgnito like this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None
  • Take-Two Analyst of the Year

Posted 02 February 2017 - 01:19 AM

He has 5 companies now.

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 3 weeks ago

I was thinking, you know these pieces of text that come with GTA online "ads"? the descriptions of game modes, introduction to vehicles/buildings and such. these are written by dan houser and his writing pals right?

couldn't help but notice to read between the lines there at times. Pretty sure there's many I overlooked and can't recall right now but I think there's jabs @ the benz in those pieces of text at times. executive producers and other criminals was already a hint at that. now there's lines of text where they talk about stabbing others in the back, and 'hey you can always come back. never had a problem with compassion, right?'

I will look at those closer next time I boot up GTA:O, some time....soon, maybe.....

• UltraGizmo64 and Ivan1997GTA like this

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

I was thinking, you know these pieces of text that come with GTA online "ads"? the descriptions of game modes, introduction to vehicles/buildings and such. these are written by dan houser and his writing pals right?

couldn't help but notice to read between the lines there at times. Pretty sure there's many I overlooked and can't recall right now but I think there's jabs @ the benz in those pieces of text at times. executive producers and other criminals was already a hint at that. now there's lines of text where they talk about stabbing others in the back, and 'hey you can always come back. never had a problem with compassion, right?'

I will look at those closer next time I boot up GTA:O, some time....soon, maybe.....

GTA V was released in 2013, and during early 2014 when GTA V was doing the rounds on the award circuit Rockstar were at the BAFTA Video Game awards where Sam, Dan and Leslie were all on the stage smiling, patting each other on the back etc. Whatever happened between them was later that year - long after GTA V was done and dusted. You're digging where there's nothing to find.

• Pastry likes this

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 3 weeks ago

GTA V was released in 2013, and during early 2014 when GTA V was doing the rounds on the award circuit Rockstar were at the BAFTA Video Game awards where Sam, Dan and Leslie were all on the stage smiling, patting each other on the back etc. Whatever happened between them was later that year - long after GTA V was done and dusted. You're digging where there's nothing to find.

yeah, talk about SMILE FOR THE CAMERA.....also, the texts/descriptions I was talking about released after the benz' "departure"/lawsuit!

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Noclue_42, 3 weeks ago.

soooo, RDR2 is delayed because of the benz. and RDR1 only happened because of the benz. oh the irony, I guess...

anyhow, I am soooooo looking forward to the benz having his revenge in court.

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

Talkative like never before

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 3 weeks ago

RDR2 is delayed because of the benz.

Sorry, what?
  • Roger Cheeto and RM76 like this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Spider-Vice, 3 weeks ago.

executive producers and other criminals

What? :lol:

• Jestic and Noclue_42 like this

Mr. Fartenhate
  • Mr. Fartenhate

bummed

• Members
  • Australia
  • Best Closet Furry 2016

Posted 3 weeks ago

now there's lines of text where they talk about stabbing others in the back, and 'hey you can always come back. never had a problem with compassion, right?'

this is some good fanfiction
  • Zello and DisCrafted like this

D T
  • D T

Rat

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Deadly Target, 3 weeks ago.

Noclue is referring to the poorly written text that appears during GTA Online's infinite loading screens, they are updated almost every month. It's also been noted, Leslie walked off the stage early during the BAFTA awards and did not pat anyone on the back. Sam was already quite flustered that his name did not appear last on GTA Online's credits at that time.
  • UltraGizmo64 and Noclue_42 like this

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 3 weeks ago

executive producers and other criminals

What? :lol:

yeah lel, you know what I meant...executives and other criminals etc...certainly a jab at the benz....who was crowned ceo of the year or what in 2014? you know the story...

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

Noclue is referring to the poorly written text that appears during GTA Online's infinite loading screens, they are updated almost every month. It's also been noted, Leslie walked off the stage early during the BAFTA awards and did not pat anyone on the back. Sam was already quite flustered that his name did not appear last on GTA Online's credits at that time.

I did not make any of what I said up. For one of the awards when they get up Sam and Les pat each other on the back, smiling, looking happy. They do interviews after together and they're laughing and smiling at each other. Walking off early can easily be attributed to the limited time on stage, the fact they're not huge fans of sitting on award stages making speeches, etc etc.

What ever happened, it happened after those awards. The evidence for it is all there but if you choose to believe conspiracy theories over actual video evidence then I have a bridge in London that I'm willing to sell to you for cheap.

Re: GTA:O ads - Fair enough. But this is GTA, and it has CEO/VIP stuff, are you expecting GTA to not talk about stabbing each other in the back and all that corporate betrayal type stuff?? Whaddya expect, them to talk about cuddles and rainbows?

• D T, UltraGizmo64 and Mr. Fartenhate like this

D T
  • D T

Rat

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Deadly Target, 3 weeks ago.

I stand corrected. That makes far more sense, as Leslie had no idea Sam was going to spinelessly backstab him at that time. It's easier to pat a talentless hack on the back when he hasn't robbed you of all your money yet. The award show took place in early 2014, right before Sam lured Leslie into a false sabbatical. 

f8eDQbR.png

However, it's clear Sam was already planning on ousting Leslie long before then.

F5f4yuO.png
  • Jason likes this

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Jason, 3 weeks ago.

It's not necessarily clear that Sam wanted The Benz out before then, that paragraph you linked doesn't prove that. We don't know when he found out that his name wasn't last, or if that really was the catalyst to the ousting (though the fact it was mentioned by Leslie's legal team implies it was at least one of the reasons). We do have evidence it happened later in 2014 though, which fits the timeline. He/they (Housers) finds out sometime in mid-2014, offers him a 6 month sabbatical that began on September 1st (source) in order to plan how they're going to get rid of him. News came out of him leaving in January of 2016, though it was never specified how long he was gone for and when he actually left. So sometime during that sabbatical he was ousted, and never returned.

It was cold and calculated and I find it hard to believe it was something so petty like the location of a name in the credits as by all accounts these people were practically family. There's no doubt there is more to it that we don't know.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by RedDagger, 3 weeks ago.

...certainly a jab at the benz....

In the world of Benz Conspiracies, maybe, but otherwise this whole Benz worship is baffling considering what little it's based off of.

Edit: f*ck it, can someone actually explain where all this Benz worship bullsh*t came from in the first place? Where did the idea that Benz was the only thing making Rockstar's games good come from? Where's the idea that GTAO wouldn't have happened with Benz?

He just seems to be an anti-scapegoat for people to rationalise with themselves as to why Rockstar isn't pandering to them with GTAV/O, for little reason.

And yes, I'm asking for sources and quotes, not faffy vague pretentious unsourced sh*t.
  • Jestic, Spider-Vice, Jason and 2 others like this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 3 weeks ago

Let's also remember that Everywhere is going to be an MMORPG. Leslie is making an Online game. Not a single player game.
  • Roger Cheeto likes this

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Jason, 3 weeks ago.

In the world of Benz Conspiracies, maybe, but otherwise this whole Benz worship is baffling considering what little it's based off of.

Edit: f*ck it, can someone actually explain where all this Benz worship bullsh*t came from in the first place? Where did the idea that Benz was the only thing making Rockstar's games good come from? Where's the idea that GTAO wouldn't have happened with Benz?

He just seems to be an anti-scapegoat for people to rationalise with themselves as to why Rockstar isn't pandering to them with GTAV/O, for little reason.

And yes, I'm asking for sources and quotes, not faffy vague pretentious unsourced sh*t.

The Benz worship comes from the lawsuit and choice emails and quotes picked by his lawyers to help his case (two sides to every story and all that...).

""This is a nightmare," Sam Houser said. "But one i/we need to get out of. I have problems with the camera all over the place. So much so, that I can't be rational or specific about it. The darkness!!!"

"PLEASE help me/us get rdr into shape. I am a jabbering wreck right now," he added. "I need The Benz!'""

As for GTA:O being The Benz's baby, that stems from an interview back in the day I can't quite find and a more recent one when he was interviewed about Everywhere.

"The Benz: I had a hunch that online was the future and hoped that we could make it a success. I’m proud that the foundations we laid worked and are still working so successfully. I see a future where we don’t reference single or multiplayer — we just choose when we play and if we want to hang out with others or we want to be alone."

Naturally, people read these quotes and extrapolated that he is entirely responsible for GTA:O and fixing RDR1 and making it the game we all know and love, as well as carrying the development of the entire company on his back. He was obviously a very talented developer and hugely instrumental figure at Rockstar North that helped make some amazing games that we've all loved, but you can decide for your own if those quotes are enough to convince you that he's the video game incarnation of Jesus Christ, lol.

• Spider-Vice likes this

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Noclue_42, 3 weeks ago.

The Benz worship comes from the lawsuit and choice emails and quotes picked by his lawyers to help his case (two sides to every story and all that...).

""This is a nightmare," Sam Houser said. "But one i/we need to get out of. I have problems with the camera all over the place. So much so, that I can't be rational or specific about it. The darkness!!!"

"PLEASE help me/us get rdr into shape. I am a jabbering wreck right now," he added. "I need The Benz!'""

As for GTA:O being The Benz's baby, that stems from an interview back in the day I can't quite find and a more recent one when he was interviewed about Everywhere.

"The Benz: I had a hunch that online was the future and hoped that we could make it a success. I’m proud that the foundations we laid worked and are still working so successfully. I see a future where we don’t reference single or multiplayer — we just choose when we play and if we want to hang out with others or we want to be alone."

Naturally, people read these quotes and extrapolated that he is entirely responsible for GTA:O and fixing RDR1 and making it the game we all know and love, as well as carrying the development of the entire company on his back. He was obviously a very talented developer and hugely instrumental figure at Rockstar North that helped make some amazing games that we've all loved, but you can decide for your own if those quotes are enough to convince you that he's the video game incarnation of Jesus Christ, lol.

-he won awards for good leadership etc. go look it up

-RDR got R* in trouble, because it was a development hell for those involved. families weren't too happy, crunch time etc...and that damn DARKNESS everyhwere...until the benz showed up!

-he bought a church just so it wouldn't be taken down for a shopping mall or so

-sam and dan are spoiled brats, it's very likely they're rotten humans who do that kinda sh*t they're being sued for

- he made GTA 3, he built that sh*t.

• D T and UltraGizmo64 like this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 3 weeks ago

Ah, so you're trolling, thanks for making that clear.
  • Jestic, Spider-Vice, UltraGizmo64 and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users