Social XB1 PC XB 360 PS4
853 replies to this topic
ViolatingBox
  • ViolatingBox

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 May 2016 - 01:04 AM

Thanks man, lots of frustrations and lots of fun! Been playing some of your races too, they are great.

• steve dogg 51 likes this

steve dogg 51
  • steve dogg 51

GT: steve dogg 51

• Van Society
  • Wales

Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:03 PM Edited by steve dogg 51, 02 May 2016 - 09:07 PM.

So the results are in guys for the 1st round of the OFF-ROAD All-STARS "TIME TRAIL"

I would like to thanks the guys who submitted a time. The Turn out was better than expected for the first event and I hope we can build on this.

Congratulations to Violatingbox on the time Great time a fully deserved win in the bag.

It was great to have a couple of crews represented. Thanks to the players that represented them. Spread the word and grab a crew mate to get involved.

Any other crews out there ready for the challenge ? In the next round ? Just click the link and post your time,

The track for round 2 will be up later in the week ready for time submission.

More info is in the info on the first thread posts

bdba8c0a14d63b0b9c55c41197f19a07.jpg
3608f4fa85b9f4a4bbec64eb51522399.jpg

Freddy1Krueger
  • Freddy1Krueger

K2 Crew Lieutenant

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:25 PM

Have to remember next time not to post my time to the last minute. But to honest the top three including me have skipped the last climb and taken the easy route

steve dogg 51
  • steve dogg 51

• Van Society
  • Wales

Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:31 PM

Some a bit further down have as well ;) hopefully I can sort things like this for the next one

Thanks for the feedback freddy. I'm considering keeping the times Closed until finished. Maybe just posting the tenth fastest time twice a week just to give People a gauge ?

Freddy1Krueger
  • Freddy1Krueger

K2 Crew Lieutenant

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:13 PM

Most annoying part of that course was the garage where the prison bus is stored made no sense at all

steve dogg 51
  • steve dogg 51

• Van Society
  • Wales

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:27 PM Edited by steve dogg 51, 02 May 2016 - 10:33 PM.

Most annoying part of that course was the garage where the prison bus is stored made no sense at all

https://youtu.be/BWxm5ZX0fEI

Great video freddy. Do you mind if I use it to advertise the competition ?

The prison bus. Supposedly pointless random check point. But it did a great job of slowing down the faster vehicles with a high top speed. It made the speed through the technical bits more relevant.

Freddy1Krueger
  • Freddy1Krueger

K2 Crew Lieutenant

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:38 PM

Great video freddy. Do you mind if I use it to advertise the competition ?

The prison bus. Supposedly pointless random check point. But it did a great job of slowing down the faster vehicles with a high top speed. It made the speed through the technical bits more relevant.

No problem if you need me to change to title just let me know. Oh right I understand now I was confused and just found the quickest way through. I tried to beat my time last night because I knew a couple of places  where I messed up and lost time but I didn't have time to keep trying to cut my time

steve dogg 51
  • steve dogg 51

• Van Society
  • Wales

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:54 PM

@freddy thanks fella, feel free to spread the word as well.

How u enjoying the forza 6 stuff ?

Freddy1Krueger
  • Freddy1Krueger

K2 Crew Lieutenant

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:59 PM

@freddy thanks fella, feel free to spread the word as well.

How u enjoying the forza 6 stuff ?

My thumbs and fingers are starting to hurt. Might buy Dirt Rally this week looks great and seen a couple of video's of it including Yello Cactus's roll over Lol

steve dogg 51
  • steve dogg 51

• Van Society
  • Wales

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:54 AM Edited by steve dogg 51, 03 May 2016 - 02:33 AM.

@deadmoney 19

Links for last seasons ROAR rally http://gtaforums.com...entry1068730511

Enjoy :)

steve dogg 51
  • steve dogg 51

• Van Society
  • Wales

Posted 03 May 2016 - 03:36 AM Edited by steve dogg 51, 03 May 2016 - 04:27 AM.

ae0a29afaed0f3fa6b254fa12ca991a6.jpg

NEW MEETS OPEN TO SIGN UP

http://gtaforums.com...r/?p=1068686801

ViolatingBox
  • ViolatingBox

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 May 2016 - 11:57 AM

I'm new to the tt here but I'll share some thoughts. First, without the fastest time posted, I would not have known what was possible and would have given up in the mid 4's not knowing any better. I think at least the fastest time should be posted at whatever intervals you prefer so those gunning for top spot have motivation to push to be faster. It makes for healthy competition! My lazy Sunday became a quest to beat Freddy. It is a great time for that course. I can't tell you the number of times I came close only to do something stupid. I almost gave up at one point being a few tenths behind you but took a break and came back to finish with a very clean run.

Watching your video, we had very similar lines throughout. I know that isn't your best time but I have some constructive pointers/tips from my experience, for anyone who wants them, that helped me out. Speed boost off of the start. I hold the trigger down, when go just hits the screen I quickly release and pull in again. No steering input needed through the first checkpoint. Up the ramp and pray you get a clean line, the insurgent needs a little lift kit haha. Burnout turns around the obstacles and wide open throttle out. No need to steer into the checkpoints, just close.

The insurgent blasts through all of the brush etc, no need to steer too much here. WOT into the new area and around the bend, even using the wall to steer if needed. The setup for the climb was crucial for me. I made sure the driver step was against the rock and blipped the throttle around the turn. Burnout turn around obstacle and on the rock. The bus bridge is straightforward. Sometimes I would floor it and get a decent bounce onto the rocks and over quickly. WOT out with a little angle to set up for the dash to the climb. Stay wide left to keep momentum through the turn.

I HATED THIS ENTRANCE! :lol: Too many times I would get hung up on the bush or pipes or wall and nearly lose my sh*t. I could inconsistently air onto the containers and in, but stuck with the smooth is fast approach and lined myself up quickly and blasted in. I took the right line up, didn't know this is somewhat frowned upon, and would angle left catching air towards the checkpoint. Stay towards the left and air angled right while lining up for a smoother landing. Modulate the throttle through the left and right turns then wot along the right of the dunes.

The video shows the best spot to hit that first dune. I would then stay towards the left. I'd air another dune to the left of the telephone pole and air right through the next checkpoint. The shed checkpoint has a few lines, making it nail biting fun!

I found it best for me to go to the right side, cut in through the fence, and out the front. I never thought to do opposite this until your video. My other line was staying to the left, in the front, and an ebrake turn 180* back out the front. It was tougher so I didn't do it much. Dashing out the front, hug right and hit the road hard. Modulate the throttle into the left to keep it clean. WOT to nearly the end of the woods poles, easing on the throttle to pull a stellar somewhat loose but fast turn between the rocks and wood wall with your eyes on the prize!!!!

The one thing I kept telling myself, smooth is fast. When I first started, I thought wot or nothing. This lead to poor performance and lots of frustrations. Be prepared to make lots of attempts, I think I made around $100,000 :lol: :lol: :lol: but I would prefer a restart button haha.

I'd like to say thanks for letting me participate and leave some feedback. I appreciate all of your effort put into this and can't wait to do it some more!!! Also, can I get a crew invite? Unless my dumb ass missed it :lol:

steve dogg 51
  • steve dogg 51

• Van Society
  • Wales

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:27 PM

@violating box

Thanks for the detailed feedback. I think it's a fair point with the times. And based on this I will keep the times public. I will find a way to make it less time consuming to have a leaderboard.

There mighy changes to the way things are run for the trails, as we try to find the best way to do things, so as much feedback as possible is what's needed.

I will be honest, I didn't really do much with my time. I have found that I could get sub 4Mins with sandking. But as you say and point out the course had some frustrating flaws. In regards to entrance to closed climbs. Some were just to hit and miss and more about luck than control of speed and position as I intended. In particular the entrance to the climb behind the u tool hardware shop.

Hopefully the next track has a little more attention to detail. I hope to post the link for it tonight before I go to work.

There should be a crew invite waiting for you :)
If not click the link on the 2nd post of the thread and request and I will make sure your in tonight.

Thanks again for the detailed feedback and to freddy as well. Feedback on such detail and video etc make running things like this all worth it !

ViolatingBox
  • ViolatingBox

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:38 PM

I think you did a good job with the track overall and the checkpoint positions were great, you couldn't cheat the climbs. I'm sure some will be longer and frustrating and others might be quicker with best line winning. A lot of gta racing, especially off road, is dumb luck. One run might give you the perfect bounce shaving seconds whereas the next will screw you and add significant time. Also, I would suggest a simple spoiler tag with current leader/time. If I have time later, I'll make a video trying for a good run.

steve dogg 51
  • steve dogg 51

• Van Society
  • Wales

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:41 PM Edited by steve dogg 51, 03 May 2016 - 05:20 PM.

@fullythrotle94 "Stirling cup info" as promised more info on dates coming soon

Trailer and info

Action from the lemans style start.

A link to the full info. ROAR STIRLING CUP - Nostalgic, Endurance Racing Series

Spoiler
  • fullxthrottle94 likes this

ViolatingBox
  • ViolatingBox

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 May 2016 - 03:48 PM

I'm going to try to make the rough country meet.

GT: ViolatingBox

steve dogg 51
  • steve dogg 51

• Van Society
  • Wales

Posted 03 May 2016 - 04:13 PM

I'm going to try to make the rough country meet.

GT: ViolatingBox

Thanks fella will pass your info over to jimmy wayne

Freddy1Krueger
  • Freddy1Krueger

K2 Crew Lieutenant

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 May 2016 - 05:39 PM

@violating box

Thanks for the detailed feedback. I think it's a fair point with the times. And based on this I will keep the times public. I will find a way to make it less time consuming to have a leaderboard.

There mighy changes to the way things are run for the trails, as we try to find the best way to do things, so as much feedback as possible is what's needed.

I will be honest, I didn't really do much with my time. I have found that I could get sub 4Mins with sandking. But as you say and point out the course had some frustrating flaws. In regards to entrance to closed climbs. Some were just to hit and miss and more about luck than control of speed and position as I intended. In particular the entrance to the climb behind the u tool hardware shop.

Hopefully the next track has a little more attention to detail. I hope to post the link for it tonight before I go to work.

If not click the link on the 2nd post of the thread and request and I will make sure your in tonight.

Thanks again for the detailed feedback and to freddy as well. Feedback on such detail and video etc make running things like this all worth it !

I'll just keep my fastest time back then. I didn't try and improve it because no one was near it then on the night before the deadline it got beaten. With no time left for me to try and improve it

steve dogg 51
  • steve dogg 51

• Van Society
  • Wales

Posted 03 May 2016 - 05:54 PM Edited by steve dogg 51, 03 May 2016 - 05:56 PM.

@violating box

I'll just keep my fastest time back then. I didn't try and improve it because no one was near it then on the night before the deadline it got beaten. With no time left for me to try and improve it
Would you prefer it to be a closed time freddy ?

The event is based on the VS time trials. They keep it closed. Maybe closed is better ?

Let me know what u guys think ?

Maybe hide the times but show people's position ?

ViolatingBox
  • ViolatingBox

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 May 2016 - 09:35 PM Edited by ViolatingBox, 03 May 2016 - 09:46 PM.

Round 2 same vehicles? I just see no bikes in description.

I think its silly. Its friendly competition. There is nothing but pride on the line. If you want to hold you best time, fine. Mine will be freely posted in this thread as they happen. I'm here for fun.

Freddy1Krueger
  • Freddy1Krueger

K2 Crew Lieutenant

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 May 2016 - 10:09 PM

I think its silly. Its friendly competition. There is nothing but pride on the line. If you want to hold you best time, fine. Mine will be freely posted in this thread as they happen. I'm here for fun.

Freely posted on the last night again ok. I'll just pass and leave you to it

ViolatingBox
  • ViolatingBox

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 May 2016 - 10:32 PM Edited by ViolatingBox, 03 May 2016 - 11:16 PM.

Freely posted on the last night again ok. I'll just pass and leave you to it

Listen, clearly you are upset. I have been trying to participate in one of steve's meets since I joined. The dates never seem to work out for me. I noticed some links in his sig this past weekend and started exploring. I stumbled upon this thread and saw there was still time to race and qualify for ranking. I decided since I had nothing to do I would give it a go. I posted a slow time with the sandking just to get one up and not knowing what to expect from myself. I saw you had used an insurgent so I decided to give that a go. It was tough on the course but it hauled between obstacles. I knew it was the ticket to a podium finish, I just had to work my ass off. I had plenty of low 4 minute finishes but knew I could do better and this was clear from your time. I somehow managed to get within 2 seconds of you so I kept pushing. I would make stupid mistakes here and there, take breaks from the frustration, and entertain my girlfriend when she needed attention ( :lol:). Somehow the stars aligned for me and I managed to pull off my 3:20 run. I was ecstatic, relieved, and proud I managed to get the fastest time. Clearly you know what you are doing and are tough competition. I hope your mood changes and you decide to keep this friendly, pushing each other to go faster. I see you are across the Atlantic so that effected when I posted and when you could still try. As I said already, I will post my best times throughout the competition. I find this great fun and will continue to do my best, hoping to edge the rest of the crew out. I can tell you right now this new one is tough! Excellent work steve, shaving years off of my life!

Current standing

Edit: Found my lines

Got the crew invite steve, thanks. This course is awesome too. Difficult as hell but somehow still a fast course, love it!! The deep water is a bitch :lol:

steve dogg 51
  • steve dogg 51

• Van Society
  • Wales

Posted 04 May 2016 - 06:35 PM

Finally finished the Donk meet video

Enjoy

• ViolatingBox likes this

steve dogg 51
  • steve dogg 51

• Van Society
  • Wales

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:26 AM

@Freddy & Violatingbox I've decided to let it be. I think the best way forward with the time trial is to let people do what they need, I will do a mid way update of times and one say 3 days before the deadline. If people wish to post there time on here or Facebook they can if they want to hold it back they can. Ultimately I would like people to post there best time possible not just rest of there laurels and be the quickest. But this could be be reviewed after this 1st season. Thanks both of you for the differing opinions it's nice to get both sides and I defo see excellent and valid points from both of you. Hopefully we can get some more interest in this and keep it going and find the ideal format for it as I think it could be a good one to continue :)

Ps the ROAR Dirt rally Comp is in full swing.
Curent leaderboard
d525747b9e24dccfdd1db709f8d2d37f.jpg

More info and the link to join is in the 3rd post on the 1st page of this thread under the time trails section.
  • ViolatingBox likes this

steve dogg 51
  • steve dogg 51

• Van Society
  • Wales

Posted 07 May 2016 - 03:17 AM

Hey guys some news just in. Due to family illness tomorrow night "Rough country " meet by Jimmy will be rescheduled.

I hope to step in and host something alternative.

ViolatingBox
  • ViolatingBox

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:44 PM

Sorry to hear that, have you decided to host something?

steve dogg 51
  • steve dogg 51

• Van Society
  • Wales

Posted 07 May 2016 - 11:05 PM

Sorry to hear that, have you decided to host something?

I'm not at the moment mate. Having a night off :)

Got some busy weeks coming up and put far to much time into videos and stuff this week.

Back next week with the RORC and then a few meets and possibly some mid week stuff :)
Coming in June guys the 2nd Season of the ROAR Rally check out the trailer for more info

steve dogg 51
  • steve dogg 51

• Van Society
  • Wales

Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:48 AM

Will be updating the crew posts over the next few days.

Get your times in on the 2nd round of the ORAS TIME TRAIL

also give the featured jobs and trails a spin.

If u fancy a break from Gta, give the dirt rally or forza timed events a spin.

And don't forget this weekends event. The RORC. Limited spaces available sign up via the link or post your GT here.

Stug77
  • Stug77

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 May 2016 - 02:20 PM

Hi everyone not been active on gta/allstars since around Oct 2015 as forza6 and organised championships have taken alot of my time (testing.practice and racing) but I'm back and will be 5aking part on Saturday for sure......so hello to any new guys and what's up people to the guys that still remember me lol

steve dogg 51
  • steve dogg 51

• Van Society
  • Wales

Posted 12 May 2016 - 02:56 AM

@stu

Thanks fella look forward to seeing you at this weekends RORC

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users