252 replies to this topic
cj2000
  • cj2000

Homeboy

• Members
  • None
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground]

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:43 AM

Ehy just a question, are you gonna do a variant for open ps2 texture files? (.chk) it will be so nice!  :lol:

I don´t want to tallk for the developers of this tool, but if I remeber right, there is a post here somewhere, telling that the tool is focused on txd format. However suporting stories chk shouldn´t be as hard, because the raster format is the same as LCS mobile version.

• The_GTA likes this

HM128
  • HM128

blabla

• Feroci
  • European-Union
  • Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 29 March 2017 - 02:20 PM Edited by HM128, 29 March 2017 - 02:22 PM.

Will be possible to use it for batch compression but not pack all textures into one txd in case of building radar? It would be a good option for the light version of Magic TXD.

• The_GTA likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 29 March 2017 - 02:55 PM

Stories formats are not linked to RenderWare in any way so they won't be included in this tool, if other RW games use TXD though then an example could be sent to The_GTA for research and possibly support inclusion in future builds.
  • Blackbird88 and The_GTA like this

The_GTA
  • The_GTA

revenclaw

• Members
  • Germany
  • Modding Milestone [Magic.TXD]

Posted 01 April 2017 - 06:57 PM Edited by The_GTA, 01 April 2017 - 07:01 PM.

Will be possible to use it for batch compression but not pack all textures into one txd in case of building radar? It would be a good option for the light version of Magic TXD.

Stand-alone images in the root directory of build folder turned directly into TXD files? Weird I never thought this way. Good suggestion, added to list.

NOTE: Because CodePlex is shutting down I need to move the codebase, possibly to OSDN. Approval process, ugh. Many projects, svn:externals. Takes time.

cj2000
  • cj2000

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:54 PM

NOTE: Because CodePlex is shutting down I need to move the codebase, possibly to OSDN. Approval process, ugh. Many projects, svn:externals. Takes time.

And why not github? Have heared it should be good for such purpose, but have never used it myself.

• Blackbird88 and spaceshape like this

Minhkute360
  • Minhkute360

King of crash - Give me the money or else!

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 26 June 2017 - 09:14 AM

The_GTA, I think of new feature: I want to righ-click on a folder that contains many .txd files to select "MagicTXD->Find texture..." to find a texture image that is inside one or many .txd.

For e.g: A folder contains some these weapon files: ak47.txd, colt45.txd, katana.txd, bomb.txd, microuzi.txd. OK, I want to right-click on this folder to select "MagicTXD->FInd texture...", then a box appears and I type "gun_muzzle" in search field of the box, then the MagicTXD will scan this folder to find any txd files that contain the texture "gun_muzzle". You can guess which file it will find out: ak47.txd, colt45.txd, microuzi.txd because only these files contains "gun_muzzle" texture.

The files after being found out are listed in this search box, then I want to righ-click on one or some of them to choose: "Delete/Delete forever/Open/Compress/Set Mipmap/...

In shorten word, the right-click feature in next build much be a very useful utility for helping us edit the texture!

• The_GTA likes this

Markus2002
  • Markus2002

The Blender Guy

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 06 July 2017 - 09:27 PM

Also, i want the Version for CHK's (doesn't exist for now...) because there is a tool, but doesn't export the alpha, maybe you will say "who cares, we are in 2017! gta VCS and LCS are past" well for me not, those are beautiful and good games, but i want to rip them for 2 reasons 

1. they are very nice, and i'm converting them as a "MOD" for Garry's mod a game on steam...

2. they are good for posing and i want to do a poster in Blender...

But also yes, ik i'm asking too many freaking times to open the GAME.DTZ but i need those goddamn wheels... why R* din't do a .img file like the others? damn, i wish they do VCS Mobile version

ah and here is a pick of the tool...vwqziv.jpg

Fully functional... but doesn't export as PNG or other image files, you can export alpha but i want the image with alpha arledy done! like Magic TXD :)

• The_GTA likes this

cj2000
  • cj2000

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2017 - 11:45 AM

Also, i want the Version for CHK's (doesn't exist for now...) because there is a tool, but doesn't export the alpha, maybe you will say "who cares, we are in 2017! gta VCS and LCS are past" well for me not, those are beautiful and good games, but i want to rip them for 2 reasons 

1. they are very nice, and i'm converting them as a "MOD" for Garry's mod a game on steam...

2. they are good for posing and i want to do a poster in Blender...

But also yes, ik i'm asking too many freaking times to open the GAME.DTZ but i need those goddamn wheels... why R* din't do a .img file like the others? damn, i wish they do VCS Mobile version

ah and here is a pick of the tool...vwqziv.jpg

Fully functional... but doesn't export as PNG or other image files, you can export alpha but i want the image with alpha arledy done! like Magic TXD :)

The tool exports also alpha, you just need to know how to use it.

MagicTXD was developed for txd format only, so including chk or other formats wasnever planed, as far I know.

• The_GTA likes this

The_GTA
  • The_GTA

revenclaw

• Members
  • Germany
  • Modding Milestone [Magic.TXD]

Posted 4 weeks ago

MagicTXD was developed for txd format only, so including chk or other formats wasnever planed, as far I know.

Correct. Got tangled in some real-life stuff now, a person who I feel very obligated to. Will continue things once I have made her happy.
  • Mr. Jago and LaDiDa like this

cj2000
  • cj2000

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

However an option for compressing and decompressing all images in a txd would be really helpfull, specially for the batch coverter.

Markus2002
  • Markus2002

The Blender Guy

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 4 weeks ago

However an option for compressing and decompressing all images in a txd would be really helpfull, specially for the batch coverter.

Also, can you explain better how to use your mdl to dff converter? or just send me the tool with simply usage an a readme possibly 

cj2000
  • cj2000

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Also, can you explain better how to use your mdl to dff converter? or just send me the tool with simply usage an a readme possibly 

You should just read the first post in mdl2dff thread.

ermaccer
  • ermaccer

I can mod everything.

• Facade Corporation
  • Poland

Posted 4 weeks ago

Here's a simple batch to make mdl2dff work.

Spoiler

Enough offtopic, i think :p.

• cj2000 and NOskillx like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users