252 replies to this topic
NOskillx
  • NOskillx

Get off

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 16 April 2016 - 02:14 PM

Where is polish language :(

I am looking for somebody to translate into the Polish language. If you provide me with a .magl, I will verify and include it into Magic.TXD :)

Thank You ;)

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2016 - 02:17 PM

Where is polish language :(

I am looking for somebody to translate into the Polish language. If you provide me with a .magl, I will verify and include it into Magic.TXD :)

The_GTA, I got some question. How is the compressions? Like colors and bits? 16/32bits and when saved?
Because when using TXD Sh*tShop and saving the txd, colors became greenish and purple-ish and also bad compressions.
Like when saving txd with white snow textures, they became greenish. That's what I always hated about that sh*t tool
and it bothered me so much, I couldn't be f*cked to use compression.

When using Magic TXD, colors won't become green/purple-ish? Bad compression?
I haven't been in the modding because I took a break.

DXTn compression is defined to compress from RASTER_8888 RGBA color samples to a compression struct. This compression struct can be turned into a RASTER_8888 RGBA again. I am guessing that Delfi could have messed the color conversion logic. But that ain't the only thing he messed up, as you hopefully learned through experience.

As we speak, I am currently improving the color conversion logic. Maybe I wont get to writing tutorials today :(

Better improving the color conversion logic would be much better than writing tutorials :p

We have been in the modding scene for over a decade, since GTA San Andreas PC got released :D

Oh boy, looking at the carmods from 2005-2006 makes me nostalgic lol

The_GTA
  • The_GTA

revenclaw

• Members
  • Germany
  • Modding Milestone [Magic.TXD]

Posted 16 April 2016 - 02:49 PM Edited by The_GTA, 16 April 2016 - 02:51 PM.

Better improving the color conversion logic would be much better than writing tutorials :p
We have been in the modding scene for over a decade, since GTA San Andreas PC got released :D

As long as old tools are dominant there will still be people that think creating an alpha mask image is relevant. Even loading screens for GTA:SA are being shipped as 1024x1024, a square shape, even though it should be 1920x1080. It is time to stop this legacy nonsense.

The good old days are sweet, remember them and move on. :)

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2016 - 04:09 PM Edited by SilverRST, 16 April 2016 - 04:10 PM.

As long as old tools are dominant there will still be people that think creating an alpha mask image is relevant. Even loading screens for GTA:SA are being shipped as 1024x1024, a square shape, even though it should be 1920x1080. It is time to stop this legacy nonsense.

The good old days are sweet, remember them and move on. :)

What do you mean with creating an alpha mask is relevant? I only have been making and modding cars.

The only alpha masks I have to create are such as badges, grills and interior/radio buttons. For glass i use Zmodeler2 alpha material.

That's much easier than every time creating a new alpha texture to test how tinted the windows are.

I miss the good old days. I was young and had a sh*tload of ideas to create and it was fun to run GTA SA on 640x480 on Low Intel integrated GPU lol

Man, the hardware were damn weak and hot then lol. But they always stay in my memories.

• The_GTA likes this

The_GTA
  • The_GTA

revenclaw

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 16 April 2016 - 05:57 PM

What do you mean with creating an alpha mask is relevant? I only have been making and modding cars.
The only alpha masks I have to create are such as badges, grills and interior/radio buttons. For glass i use Zmodeler2 alpha material.
That's much easier than every time creating a new alpha texture to test how tinted the windows are.

I do not know much about it. My testers said they were massively relieved that importing alpha images into Magic.TXD was painless. Still have to research on this subject, especially how to treats alpha on mipmaps.

I miss the good old days. I was young and had a sh*tload of ideas to create and it was fun to run GTA SA on 640x480 on Low Intel integrated GPU lol
Man, the hardware were damn weak and hot then lol. But they always stay in my memories.

You know what? Back then I did not notice that GTA:SA on PS2 had bad FPS. The game was simply too much fun!

----

The color conversion logic in Magic.TXD has just been overhauled. We are now using floating points for maximum quality! I managed to debug this issue where same-structure data was getting darker, making no sense. Artists should be really happy about this.

After a quick testing round I will release this as RC6. :)

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2016 - 06:14 PM

I do not know much about it. My testers said they were massively relieved that importing alpha images into Magic.TXD was painless. Still have to research on this subject, especially how to treats alpha on mipmaps.

You know what? Back then I did not notice that GTA:SA on PS2 had bad FPS. The game was simply too much fun!

----

The color conversion logic in Magic.TXD has just been overhauled. We are now using floating points for maximum quality! I managed to debug this issue where same-structure data was getting darker, making no sense. Artists should be really happy about this.

After a quick testing round I will release this as RC6. :)

Mipmaps on alpha would be great :D I would use that mainly for interior lightbuttons.

You mentioned RASTER_8888 in previous page. A suggestion, maybe you could replace the word RASTER_8888 into much simplier word

so the user will understand it better what it means and what it does?

Damn, all the many times I had pain in my stomach because of laughing when playing GTA SA!

GTA SA is such a masterpiece regardless its graphics and physics! :D

theobjt
  • theobjt

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2016 - 06:44 PM Edited by theobjt, 16 April 2016 - 06:53 PM.

I can't find a notification whether a piece of the texture has an alpha mode or not. It shows up in red letters in txd workshop (Maybe I have only tried textures with no alpha yet).

Some mods only convert from pc to mobile partially, ie white tires, etc.

Other than resizing textures, is there a setting that will make conversion easier with magic txd?

I know I can look it up, but what are mip maps and does changing this have an effect on pc to mobile conversion?

The_GTA
  • The_GTA

revenclaw

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 16 April 2016 - 07:53 PM Edited by The_GTA, 16 April 2016 - 11:34 PM.

You mentioned RASTER_8888 in previous page. A suggestion, maybe you could replace the word RASTER_8888 into much simplier word
so the user will understand it better what it means and what it does?

Probably. I will think about it.

If you have no idea what it means, go to
http://www.gtamoddin...right_Encoding/

I can't find a notification whether a piece of the texture has an alpha mode or not. It shows up in red letters in txd workshop (Maybe I have only tried textures with no alpha yet).
Some mods only convert from pc to mobile partially, ie white tires, etc.
Other than resizing textures, is there a setting that will make conversion easier with magic txd?
I know I can look it up, but what are mip maps and does changing this have an effect on pc to mobile conversion?

In Magic.TXD if an image has alpha, the generated texture will have alpha too. :) To see if image has "alpha mode" just investigate it with background enabled (you will see a checkerboard in areas of transparency).

We have received suggestions to add model data feedback to TXD creation. While that is a good idea it is not a task for 1.0. There is much work involved in adding support for DFF files.

As for mipmaps, they make your textures look smooth. Not sure how well TXD F*cker processes TXDs with mipmaps or whether it sets the required flags to enable them. I don't think mipmaps will cause you problems, so dw.

----

For people still waiting on tutorials, I decided to spend some of my time tomorrow to push them out.

17.04.16, 01:32: I rolled out a hotfix, if you installed RC6 please update.

GensokyoGuard
  • GensokyoGuard

Player Hater

• New Members
  • China

Posted 17 April 2016 - 02:45 AM

wow! After long time waitting...Finally it REL!Thank you The_GTA and DK22Pac!

Well,can i translate into Chinese?And reupload to my OneDrive(To get faster download speed)

• The_GTA likes this

The_GTA
  • The_GTA

revenclaw

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 17 April 2016 - 09:45 AM Edited by The_GTA, 17 April 2016 - 10:37 AM.

wow! After long time waitting...Finally it REL!Thank you The_GTA and DK22Pac!
Well,can i translate into Chinese?And reupload to my OneDrive(To get faster download speed)

No problem, friend! A good editor takes a long time to cook.

Yes, you can translate! Everyone can create .magl files and share them. Go into the Magic.TXD program directory and you see a "languages" folder. Start by translating from the English, German, Russian or Ukrainian languages (those are maintained by DK22Pac and me). Use UTF-8 encoding with BOM (BOM not required starting from RC 6.2). Once you feel confident about the translation, post the .magl file in this thread. I will have a last look over it.

About reuploading. Of course, I would rather like to see the download statistics myself. But if you reupload somewhere, the official installer, it is okay as long as you do not put advertisement barriers (adfly are the worst). Magic.TXD was made for the global modding community so spread the good spirit. :)

The Hero
  • The Hero

Into TheGame!!!

• Feroci
  • Germany
  • Most Helpful Modding 2016 [Honorable mention]
    Best Script or Plugin 2016 [SkyGfx]
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 17 April 2016 - 10:12 AM

UTF-8 with BOM? WHY? BOM is for idiots using UTF-16 :(
  • LINK/2012, The_GTA and NOskillx like this

The_GTA
  • The_GTA

revenclaw

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 17 April 2016 - 10:31 AM Edited by The_GTA, 17 April 2016 - 10:34 AM.

UTF-8 with BOM? WHY? BOM is for idiots using UTF-16 :(

BOM is the marker that text is encoded as UTF. Not all text editors assume that. This is why the Qt framework does not set the UTF-8 codec by default :)

We have decided to change this behavior to UTF-8 default in the next release.

barti
  • barti

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 April 2016 - 11:28 AM

I finally got around to finishing my Polish .magl file :)

https://www.dropbox....d7/pl.magl?dl=0

• The_GTA likes this

The_GTA
  • The_GTA

revenclaw

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 17 April 2016 - 11:45 AM Edited by The_GTA, 18 April 2016 - 12:12 AM.

I finally got around to finishing my Polish .magl file :)
https://www.dropbox....d7/pl.magl?dl=0

Really good translation, I just read through it. Thank you very much! :)

---

I have uploaded some videos about Magic.TXD on my Youtube channel.
They can be found under the Magic.TXD playlist.

https://www.youtube....XFAI6MqCS63gbdD
  • uncaged likes this

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

Talkative like never before

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 18 April 2016 - 06:56 PM

So now this is the main TXD editor, right? Gonna check it out when I have time.

• The_GTA likes this

NOskillx
  • NOskillx

Get off

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 19 April 2016 - 12:54 PM

Thank you for Polish language ;) 

FunGt
  • FunGt

GTA-Modding.com

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:26 PM

Awesome modern editor!

@the_gta, I accepted your submission on my website, thank you for uploading.

• The_GTA and NOskillx like this

The_GTA
  • The_GTA

revenclaw

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:52 PM Edited by The_GTA, 21 April 2016 - 09:59 PM.

Awesome modern editor!

@the_gta, I accepted your submission on my website, thank you for uploading.

Awesome, dude, thanks! I have been waiting for that.

link to submission entry

TomilovSenya
  • TomilovSenya

GTA V Score Expert

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 22 April 2016 - 03:20 PM

This program is really awesome :)

gD6sqyY.png

• Vadim M., Shagg_E, Junior_Djjr and 5 others like this

Automan
  • Automan

Grandfather Modder

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 26 April 2016 - 11:43 AM

As Morpheus says in the Matrix "I wanted for so long ... It happens really? ..." XD

Junior_Djjr
  • Junior_Djjr

Modding Lover

• Members
  • Brazil
  • Best Map 2016 [San Andreas INSANITY] [Contribution]

Posted 26 April 2016 - 11:52 AM Edited by Junior_Djjr, 26 April 2016 - 11:52 AM.

This program is really awesome :)

Spoiler

Wtf, I came here today to send a picture like this!
  • Mega, The_GTA and TomilovSenya like this

The_GTA
  • The_GTA

revenclaw

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 29 April 2016 - 12:19 AM Edited by The_GTA, 29 April 2016 - 12:30 AM.

A new build has just been released! (RC6.4)

It fixes bugs when building TXD files in folders that contain unicode characters; now all TXD files get built, while some folders were ignored previously. (thank you, Flame !)

The Chinese language has been added! (thank you, Gensokyo_Guard !)

https://mega.nz/#!Yd...tYJt20zoi0nQyKM
  • Automan, DK22Pac, Shagg_E and 4 others like this

Uzzi_G4L
  • Uzzi_G4L

Owner of GTA SA: Uzzi's Overhaul™

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:50 AM

R.I.P. TXDWorkshop! Thank you for this.
  • Blackbird88 and The_GTA like this

Automan
  • Automan

Grandfather Modder

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:52 AM

Wonderful! :)

:cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

• The_GTA likes this

guard3
  • guard3

Liberty City's Finest

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 06 May 2016 - 12:19 PM

I love this! Thanks a lot! Keep up the good work!  :cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie:

• The_GTA likes this

The_GTA
  • The_GTA

revenclaw

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 May 2016 - 11:17 PM Edited by The_GTA, 07 May 2016 - 11:17 PM.

I have just posted a tutorial featuring DK22Pac's new plugin-sdk! You can use .rwtex files directly inside of the GTA:SA engine, to either draw them on screen or to put them on models. Texture replacement is made really easy this way.

http://gtaforums.com...ing-plugin-sdk/

If you are an aspiring GTA:SA modder, I suggest give it a try :)
You are free to use the showcased technologies in your very own .ASI mod.
  • Flame, Reyks, Sweet Bellic and 2 others like this

Hansonic
  • Hansonic

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 May 2016 - 10:51 AM

Without a doubt this tool is great in term of speed and quality. But tbh, I still could work with txdworkshop ;) btw, huge compliment for you guys cause keep sa and others good ol' rockstar games alive :)
  • Sweet Bellic likes this

YAGTAM
  • YAGTAM

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2016 - 11:15 PM

I just came.

Gravarty
  • Gravarty

FeelsAmazingMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2016 - 07:34 PM Edited by countergame, 23 May 2016 - 11:12 PM.

Unfortunately it doesn't work on Windows Vista. I know it sounds crazy to still use this OS, but i prefer it for gaming though :D

• SilverRST likes this

Rim
  • Rim

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 May 2016 - 05:52 PM Edited by Rim, 29 May 2016 - 05:53 PM.

Unfortunately it doesn't work on Windows Vista. I know it sounds crazy to still use this OS, but i prefer it for gaming though :D

I'm just curious, what gaming advantages Vista gives you? 

About MagicTXD, it would be great if you could implement an option to compress all images in the archive at one click, just like in TXDWorkshop. Also, zoom in and out ability would be nice.

Apart from that, I find this tool absolutely perfect :) Too bad it wasn't developed years ago!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users