Photo

[REL/OpenSrc] Magic.TXD

276 replies to this topic
adrienspy
  • adrienspy

God's personal modder

• Members
  • France

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by adrienspy, 2 weeks ago.

There's an easy way of doing this that I've used before (I just don't remember what for, maybe my fixed III generic.txd or gta3d stuff)

- Extract all TXDs into separate directories so that you can rebuild all of them again

- Have one directory where you keep all your changed textures (let's call it 'common')

- Write a script that goes into every texture directory and try to replace all textures in there with ones having the same name from 'common'.

If the texture is there, it will be replaced, if it's not there, the copy will just fali. This way all textures that can be updated, are.

- Rebuild all TXDs

- Rebuild IMG

I thought about it but i'd appreciate a simpler way in Magic.TXD

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 2 weeks ago

There really isn't a simpler way, use Windows Search function to highlight the same file in each folder and drop the new one over them, it's quick. Or do the script as The Hero suggests. I see you have a GTA Underground sig so you're used to things being done for you, but here you're just going to have to put in that little bit of extra work.

adrienspy
  • adrienspy

God's personal modder

• Members
  • France

Posted 2 weeks ago

There really isn't a simpler way, use Windows Search function to highlight the same file in each folder and drop the new one over them, it's quick. Or do the script as The Hero suggests. I see you have a GTA Underground sig so you're used to things being done for you, but here you're just going to have to put in that little bit of extra work.

I don't like your suppositions, don't judge me if you don't know anything about me, I shared an idea and if nobody cares, it doesn't matter

• Jinx. and Blue like this

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 2 weeks ago

easier to suggest than to program.

and for small purpose tbh. just use total commander for directory structures etc.

• Ash_735 likes this

Jinx.
  • Jinx.

amigo

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Jinx., 2 weeks ago.

OH LOOK AN UNDERGROUND DWELLER KILL HIM WITH FIRE ASAP

I see you have a GTA Underground sig so you're used to things being done for you

Isn't that the same case for most of the mods, though? I mean in that case everything is done by the team instead of the user. We should use this for other game mods' users aswell if so. I agree with what you said before and after this statement but there is literally no need to differentiate users based on their preferences really.

• Blue likes this

Blue
  • Blue

I want a new guitar

• Facade Corporation
  • Portugal
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2016 [Runner-up]

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Blue, 2 weeks ago.

I see you have a GTA Underground sig so you're used to things being done for you, but here you're just going to have to put in that little bit of extra work.

Nice way to indirectly sh*t talk Underground.

OH LOOK AN UNDERGROUND DWELLER KILL HIM WITH FIRE ASAP

I see you have a GTA Underground sig so you're used to things being done for you

Isn't that the same case for most of the mods, though? I mean in that case everything is done by the team instead of the user. We should use this for other game mods' users aswell if so. I agree with what you said before and after this statement but there is literally no need to differentiate users based on their preferences really.

It is. As far as mods are concerned, there's a team for it to be done, and not by the followers/fans...

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 2 weeks ago

Man you guys overreact to a bit of snark, funny thing is I'm impressed with Underground and how much danny's attitude has improved over the year (and he knows it) but I do see a lot of "contributors" to the project just being there to do the laziest job possible and wanting other people to automate everything for them so they can say they've done something, adrienspy was given an answer on the issue, even suggestions on how to do his work in a more efficient way, but still kept pushing what HE wanted so it would be easier for him.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users