Photo

[REL/OpenSrc] Magic.TXD

302 replies to this topic
adrienspy
  • adrienspy

Never gonna cheese you up

• Members
  • France

Posted 06 September 2017 - 09:49 AM Edited by adrienspy, 06 September 2017 - 09:50 AM.

There's an easy way of doing this that I've used before (I just don't remember what for, maybe my fixed III generic.txd or gta3d stuff)

- Extract all TXDs into separate directories so that you can rebuild all of them again

- Have one directory where you keep all your changed textures (let's call it 'common')

- Write a script that goes into every texture directory and try to replace all textures in there with ones having the same name from 'common'.

If the texture is there, it will be replaced, if it's not there, the copy will just fali. This way all textures that can be updated, are.

- Rebuild all TXDs

- Rebuild IMG

I thought about it but i'd appreciate a simpler way in Magic.TXD

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 06 September 2017 - 10:50 AM

There really isn't a simpler way, use Windows Search function to highlight the same file in each folder and drop the new one over them, it's quick. Or do the script as The Hero suggests. I see you have a GTA Underground sig so you're used to things being done for you, but here you're just going to have to put in that little bit of extra work.

adrienspy
  • adrienspy

Never gonna cheese you up

• Members
  • France

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:25 PM

There really isn't a simpler way, use Windows Search function to highlight the same file in each folder and drop the new one over them, it's quick. Or do the script as The Hero suggests. I see you have a GTA Underground sig so you're used to things being done for you, but here you're just going to have to put in that little bit of extra work.

I don't like your suppositions, don't judge me if you don't know anything about me, I shared an idea and if nobody cares, it doesn't matter

• Jinx. and Blue like this

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:31 PM

easier to suggest than to program.

and for small purpose tbh. just use total commander for directory structures etc.

• Ash_735 likes this

Jinx.
  • Jinx.

certified forklift driver

• Facade
  • Romania
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:22 PM Edited by Jinx., 06 September 2017 - 05:29 PM.

OH LOOK AN UNDERGROUND DWELLER KILL HIM WITH FIRE ASAP

I see you have a GTA Underground sig so you're used to things being done for you

Isn't that the same case for most of the mods, though? I mean in that case everything is done by the team instead of the user. We should use this for other game mods' users aswell if so. I agree with what you said before and after this statement but there is literally no need to differentiate users based on their preferences really.

• Blue likes this

Blue
  • Blue

Lana's Fox

• Facade
  • Portugal
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2016 [Runner-up]

Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:27 PM Edited by Blue, 06 September 2017 - 05:30 PM.

I see you have a GTA Underground sig so you're used to things being done for you, but here you're just going to have to put in that little bit of extra work.

Nice way to indirectly sh*t talk Underground.

OH LOOK AN UNDERGROUND DWELLER KILL HIM WITH FIRE ASAP

I see you have a GTA Underground sig so you're used to things being done for you

Isn't that the same case for most of the mods, though? I mean in that case everything is done by the team instead of the user. We should use this for other game mods' users aswell if so. I agree with what you said before and after this statement but there is literally no need to differentiate users based on their preferences really.

It is. As far as mods are concerned, there's a team for it to be done, and not by the followers/fans...

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2017 - 10:11 PM

Man you guys overreact to a bit of snark, funny thing is I'm impressed with Underground and how much danny's attitude has improved over the year (and he knows it) but I do see a lot of "contributors" to the project just being there to do the laziest job possible and wanting other people to automate everything for them so they can say they've done something, adrienspy was given an answer on the issue, even suggestions on how to do his work in a more efficient way, but still kept pushing what HE wanted so it would be easier for him.

MooMooMiLK
  • MooMooMiLK

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:16 AM

Please add lock option  :panic:

ermaccer
  • ermaccer

I can mod everything.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 14 October 2017 - 05:38 AM

Why would you "lock" textures?
  • Rachel Amber likes this

Inadequate
  • Inadequate

Midnight Emulator

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2017 - 05:54 AM

A security measure against mod steale... Oh wait.

LaDiDa
  • LaDiDa

I'm only human

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:09 PM

A safety measure so no one can see you messed up compression of your textures and such ;)

• Tomasak and The_Human like this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:46 PM

A safety measure so no one can see you messed up compression of your textures and such ;)

They can't hide from me
tumblr_inline_mm119xHSgv1qz4rgp.jpg
  • Tomasak, Rachel Amber, The_Human and 1 other like this

zorin_chel
  • zorin_chel

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Russia

Posted 3 weeks ago

Please, add batch resize, need to change 1600 txd files (resize 1024X1024 to 128X128)

cj2000
  • cj2000

Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground]

Posted 3 weeks ago

A security measure against mod steale... Oh wait.

Locks are realy useles to protect your stuff from stealers.

Marsi4eg
  • Marsi4eg

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 3 weeks ago

How to just view alphas or export/import alpha to bmp separately from main texture or vice versa?
It's really a good tool but looks like it cannot do simpliest thing that could be perfectly done in ancient TXD tool 1.3.

I apologize if it was already discussed here, it needs too much time to read whole topic.

I'm about changing fonts in GTA3 where main texture is white/black and the aplha has actual fonts

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

> Export as PNG
> Edit in something like GIMP instead
> Save as PNG
> Import to Magic.TXD

Simplest way.

Marsi4eg
  • Marsi4eg

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 3 weeks ago

Pretty hard to be simple :) Simple is when you don't have to install additional software and learn how to use it.
Maybe such feature could be considered as a suggestion to future releases.
  • cj2000 likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Ash_735, 3 weeks ago.

Well it'll be considered, maybe it can be locked it to uncompressed formats only? Since doing it the other ways that TXDWorkshop does results it major image quality degrade. Also hold on, if you don't have ANY kind of image editing tools, what were you planning to do with the exported alpha mask??

edit: And it's really not difficult, once you learn the proper way you can do things quicker, I can't believe how much time I wasted with manually doing alpha masks through TXDWorkshop, etc in the past :p I know some people here are scared to learn a new thing, but in the case of fonts especially, an actual image editor is brilliant, yoiu can use font grids and such so you don't have that "My first font mod" feeling where all the letters are off alignment.

Marsi4eg
  • Marsi4eg

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 3 weeks ago

I were talking about ingame fonts of GTA3. My image editing tool is MS Paint.
TXD Workshop also does sh*tty things when trying to import alpha only.

The only tool that did it well was "TXD Tool" made in 2002 by Spooky
So, the only suggestion is to make this new beautiful and powerful TXD editor able to do things that similar but not so powerful software could do 15 years ago.

I really don't understand how getting used to third-party image editor can be much simple than exporting to bmp, quickly editing in paint and then importing bmp back?
And it's nothing about "my first font mod" and all alignments are perfectly editable with some perfect tools, please stop this teaching.

guru_guru
  • guru_guru

pajaro culiao

• Members
  • Chile

Posted 3 weeks ago

Lol,I'm pretty sure it much simple to know how to use PNGs and an actual image editor* than adding a function that probably almost no one will use. 

Spoiler

• AdusPL likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I were talking about ingame fonts of GTA3. My image editing tool is MS Paint.
TXD Workshop also does sh*tty things when trying to import alpha only.

The only tool that did it well was "TXD Tool" made in 2002 by Spooky
So, the only suggestion is to make this new beautiful and powerful TXD editor able to do things that similar but not so powerful software could do 15 years ago.

I really don't understand how getting used to third-party image editor can be much simple than exporting to bmp, quickly editing in paint and then importing bmp back?
And it's nothing about "my first font mod" and all alignments are perfectly editable with some perfect tools, please stop this teaching.

But the issue is that, for DXT compression as an example, if you were to change and rip the alpha masks, you're doing this:

Decoding DXT > Extracting Mask > Editing Mask > Reimporting Mask / Causing a re-enocde of the original compression to compress again JUST TO DISPLAY > Oh no, don't like it re-export > Decoding THAT DXT compression > etc, etc

Each time you switch the alpha mask in TXDWorkshop or something it's having to decode and re-encode the compression over and over causing degrade in quality, now for uncompressed or PAL4/8 images, this is fine, there's no loss in quality for these being ripped and combined over and over, but when you add compression into the mix which VC and SA PC have on by default (which people will try and stick to) you're getting into a zone where we'd be allowing people to f*ck up the quality by an oversight.
  • -Anti- likes this

cj2000
  • cj2000

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Lol,I'm pretty sure it much simple to know how to use PNGs and an actual image editor* than adding a function that probably almost no one will use. 

Spoiler

Disagree, I personally really dislike GIMP, would even prefer paint over it, and wasting money for Photoshop is also not my thing.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

At least use Paint.NET man, come on, MS Paint is like, just, come on man.
  • Blackbird88 likes this

cj2000
  • cj2000

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

At least use Paint.NET man, come on, MS Paint is like, just, come on man.

I newer said, that MS Paint is a good image editor, but for some really basic image stuff it could be use.

LaDiDa
  • LaDiDa

I'm only human

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 2 weeks ago

In that case, use paint.NET. Can't get simpler then that. It's the program paint should've turned into...
  • Blackbird88 likes this

ghostandme
  • ghostandme

Player Hater

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted A week ago Edited by ghostandme, A week ago.

i'm newbie, i don't understand tab "raster format"

when should I use them?

- original

- raw raster

- compressed

- palettized

- dxt1-5, pal 4, pal 8

- raster 1555, 4444, 565, lum, 8888, 888, 555, lum alpha

sry, i can't hear what the video tutorial, my eng very bad :|

cj2000
  • cj2000

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Also, i want the Version for CHK's (doesn't exist for now...) because there is a tool, but doesn't export the alpha, maybe you will say "who cares, we are in 2017! gta VCS and LCS are past" well for me not, those are beautiful and good games, but i want to rip them for 2 reasons 

1. they are very nice, and i'm converting them as a "MOD" for Garry's mod a game on steam...

2. they are good for posing and i want to do a poster in Blender...

So I have created a tool converting chk to txd, it still something like beta, but you can try it if you want.

DK22Pac
  • DK22Pac

𝘉eчнo 𝘔oлoдoй...

• Feroci
  • Ukraine
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D Contribution]
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Helpfulness Award [Mods]

Posted A week ago Edited by DK22Pac, A week ago.

i'm newbie, i don't understand tab "raster format"
when should I use them?
- original
- raw raster
- compressed
- palettized
- dxt1-5, pal 4, pal 8
- raster 1555, 4444, 565, lum, 8888, 888, 555, lum alpha
sry, i can't hear what the video tutorial, my eng very bad :|

compressed/DXT1 for textures without transparency
compressed/DXT5 for textures with transparency
raw raster/888 for interface textures without transparency
raw raster/8888 for interface textures with transparency
  • ghostandme likes this

RacingFreak
  • RacingFreak

Grand Theft Auto III Beta

• Members
  • Taiwan

Posted 6 days ago

Hi there.

I've been messing around with an early PS2 RW game by Criterion and I have noticed Magic.TXD doesn't load all textures properly (unswizzling required):

mweu2B1.pngfpgfA9v.png

8NYcjNq.pngSamples: https://drive.google...njuEmgf2vk6VCpZ

cj2000
  • cj2000

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

Hi there.

I've been messing around with an early PS2 RW game by Criterion and I have noticed Magic.TXD doesn't load all textures properly (unswizzling required):

mweu2B1.pngfpgfA9v.png

8NYcjNq.pngSamples: https://drive.google...njuEmgf2vk6VCpZ

Strange, MagicTXD should perform unswizzling, like it does for GTA PS2 textures.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users