Magic.TXD is the RenderWare TXD editor. It aims to support every RW TXD format out there while providing a rich set of features. Once you have tried Magic.TXD you will never want to go back.
Magic.TXD has reached 2nd place in the GTAForums 2016 best modding tool award! Thank you very much to the people that voted.
Youtube Tutorials playlist by The_GTA
Why no update to Magic.TXD? Qt is crashing! Very bad, usage of undefined behavior by Qt team.
- Support for GTA3, GTAVC, GTASA, Persona 3/4, Manhunt, Sonic Heroes, LCS iOS and more
- Support for PC, PS2, XBOX, Mobile, PSP (legacy) and Gamecube platforms
- Full DXTn compression support
- Mass conversion, exporting and building of TXD files
- Mipmap generation, resizing, raster format adjustment, rendering properties
- Windows Shell extension for thumbnails and context menu
- Image formats: PNG, DDS, PVR, BMP, TIFF, JPEG, TGA
- Languages: English, German, Russian, Ukrainian, Portuguese, Croatian, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Indonesian, Lithuanian, Chinese
- Ash R. (GUI design help)
- GodFather (translator)
- Flame (support)
- Vadim (tester)
- Ss4gogeta0 (tester)
- M4k3 (tester)
- LINK/2012 (translator)
- Matias_Montanna (translator)
- Junior_Djjr (bug tester + coverage)
- GTAGarage, GTAinside (Win7+), GTAinside (WinXP+)
- MEGA Win7+, MEGA WinXP+ (10.01.2017 21:25 rc3 ver1.1)
- source code: OSDN.net (primary), GitHub (secondary)
Minimum Supported OS: Windows XP 32bit, Windows 7 32bit and 64bit
New in Version 1.1 RC1
- selection of texture name on rename (Xinerki)
- F2 key bound to rename texture (iFarbod)
- installation of PowerVR nat-tex is now optional (skip install of vs2013 redist)
- many bugfixes and internal improvements
- Compressonator by Advanced Micro Devices
- libimagequant by pornel
- libjpeg by Tom Lane and the Independent JPEG Group (IJG)
- libtiff by Sam Leffler, Frank Warmerdam, Andrey Kiselev, Mike Welles and Dwight Kelly.
- LZO by Markus F.X.J. Oberhumer
- PVRTexLib by Imagination Technologies Limited
- zlib by Jean-loup Gailly and Mark Adler
Magic.TXD has been written using an entirely new RenderWare toolchain. This has given us maximum flexibility in designing its features, especially regarding image and texture format support. Being part of the community for so many years, having learnt so much, we just want to give something back.
The GUI has been written and designed using the Qt framework. We have spent countless hours optimizing it for your enjoyment. Ash Rogers was kind enough to support us with the game and platform icons. All testers greatly contributed with suggestions. Though for the most part development of Magic.TXD was our tough thinking and execution.
How to bugreport:
If you find a bug in Magic.TXD, please send us a detailed description how to reproduce it along with the image file or TXD file that caused it.
Happy modding, wish you DK22Pac and The_GTA!