Quantcast

» «
Photo

Which songs were you happy to have appear on GTA?

47 replies to this topic
Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 10 April 2016 - 05:24 AM

Title says all...

For me it's:

All of the songs on LCHC: Although I also like the Jimmy G show, I enjoy the extreme metal show more since I've been a fan of the genre since I was eleven...In fact, I already knew all of the songs that appeared on the station(except Jailbait which was probably made for the game)...Far-fetched, I know, but I used to own a copy of Tomb of the Mutilated and Deicide, which have songs that appeared on the station...As for the rest of the songs, it's from all of the research I did on the internet back when I was starting to get into the genre...

All of the songs on K109 The Studio: I'm a huge fan of Disco, I love singing along to He's the Greatest Dancer and Young Hearts Run Free...

All of the songs on Channel X: Also a fan of punk rock/hardcore...Unlike LCHC, I only knew about a handful of songs...More specifically Pervert(for obvious reasons) and My War because of the song's theme, and the lyrics: I feel it in my heart, that if I had a gun, I feel it in my heart, I'd wanna kill some, I feel it in my heart, the end will come

And the song Everything She Wants(another song I like to sing along to), I LOVE Wham! I just wish it was on GTA IV along with Maneater(yet another song I like to sing along to)...
  • Payne Killer and Two And Three like this

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Is this easy mode?

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 10 April 2016 - 05:41 AM

Tennis Court by Lorde.

• Budweiser Addict, Bare and BlackSnow176 like this

Ivan1997GTA
  • Ivan1997GTA

Proud to Be Loud

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 10 April 2016 - 05:48 AM

Feel Good Inc. by Gorillaz, Carry On Wayward Son by Kansas, Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins, a majority of cut songs from GTA V, etc.. I'm really happy with most of the new tracks on GTA V included in the PS4, Xbox One & PC versions.

Queen
  • Queen

Commissioner

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States
  • Nicest Member 2016

Posted 10 April 2016 - 03:59 PM

My heart almost exploded when One Vision popped on the radio in GTA IV. And then my heart did explode when Radio Ga Ga was featured in Michael's trailer. 

• Nico, Voit Turyv, theGTAking101 and 9 others like this

Nico
  • Nico

Gotta compete with the wily Japanese

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 10 April 2016 - 04:37 PM

I was surprised to hear Dead or Alive on EFLC. Sightly before that I heard the song for the first time on the local radio and I liked it.

I Don't Care Anymore was another surprise, many years ago I watched the Miami Vice episode "No Exit" where the song was featured during a shootout. I wasn't very surprised with Radio Ga Ga, in fact I kinda expected it to appear in GTA sometime. Baker Street is a great song, I've heard it before V too.

• Queen likes this

Donatello
  • Donatello

Anyone for stickball? I've got a stick. You be the ball.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 April 2016 - 04:52 PM

Steve Mac - Lovin' You More (Freemasons Vocal Club Mix) on EFLC.

Queen
  • Queen

Commissioner

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States
  • Nicest Member 2016

Posted 10 April 2016 - 05:27 PM Edited by Queen, 10 April 2016 - 05:28 PM.

I wasn't very surprised with Radio Ga Ga, in fact I kinda expected it to appear in GTA sometime. 

Now that surprises me. Only because Radio Ga Ga wasn't that big of a hit in the USA (though it was in Europe). If anything, I expect Another One Bites the Dust to be included in a GTA game. The song's context is perfect.  :lol:

• Uncle Vlad, Ivan1997GTA and Shaggy12001 like this

Shaggy12001
  • Shaggy12001

Shaggy12001

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2016 - 04:24 AM

I enjoyed "Highway Star" and "Touch Too Much" from EFLC Liberty Rock Radio. Those too songs are my all time favorites but the other songs on that station are great too.

Rufousmean623
  • Rufousmean623

Just a concept creator

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2016 - 05:03 AM

From LS Rock Radio - Burning Heart, We Build This City, Danger Zone, Cat's In The Cradle, Radio Ga Ga, and Photograph.

From Non-stop Pop - Cooler Than Me.

From Radio Los Santos - Bugatti, and Hood Gon Love it

From Rebel Radio - Convoy, and The General Lee

From The Lab - Welcome To Los Santos, and KYSA

From Space 103.2 - Party All The Time

• SmokesWithCigs likes this

BlackSnow176
  • BlackSnow176

Cat in Shoes

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 April 2016 - 12:46 PM Edited by BlackSnow176, 11 April 2016 - 12:49 PM.

I'm happy about the inclusion of Vinewood Boulevard Radio as a whole in GTA V. I like the indie music I never heard of.

I'm also happy about the INXS song in particular, even if it was on what's possibly GTA's fakest radio station ever.

Also this very song:

Tennis Court by Lorde.

On a computer recorded auto tune pop (C.R.A.P.) radio station that includes both Britney Spears and Rihanna among others, Lorde was a breath of fresh air :)

I'm also happy about every single song included on V-Rock, Radio X, K-DST and Liberty Rock Radio. Real rock, true metal (for the most part) and no f*cking emo bands who whine about how misunderstood they are at all. No post-2000's Top 40 and MTV crap either (that is until GTA V at least). I really appreciate what Rockstar does with their soundtracks when it comes to licensed songs.

Though GTA V's Los Santos Rock Radio was kind of of a let down in comparison to what rock and metal stations were in previous games - in that it was just too soft :/

(the day they include KoRn, Linkin Park, Black Veil Brides, Bring Me The Horizon or any similar boy band, a small part of me will die and I might kill myself/somebody)

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

EddyTheRepublicanFury
  • EddyTheRepublicanFury

A 6-inch club never loses reception

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 11 April 2016 - 04:55 PM Edited by EddyTheRepublicanFury, 11 April 2016 - 04:55 PM.

Fortunate Son by CCR

Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins

• SmokesWithCigs likes this

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2016 - 08:15 PM

Most of the vice city soundtrack which is practically my childhood.

Every thing g on 1992version of radio Los Santos. Sensitivity. By Ralph tresvant Bobby borown don't be cruel

Boys 2 men Motown Philly. Slick Rick children's story. Robbase it takes 2 , biz Markie the vapors. Juice Newton Queen of hearts.

All of the tuff gong radio station from GTA IV . fela kuti sorrow tears and blood/zombie , talib kwdli my favorite song , MC lyte cha cha cha, the group home super star. Vibe radio period. Much props for r krllys bump n grind and just be straight with me by SOS band. Driver by buju banton. Wanted dead or alive by bon jovi. The jig is up i think by led zepplin im not sure though. Evil woman by emo. Young hearts by Candi stanton

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2016 - 08:37 PM Edited by SmokesWithCigs, 12 April 2016 - 08:41 PM.

Waitaminute iforgot GTA v especially the updated next gen version.

West cost classics
Ice cube you know how we do
Warren g this DJ
E40 captain save a ho
Easy e no more question

Fly lo FM

Outlast elevators

Soul classics
Smilling faces by the undisputed truth
War-cisco kid
George mccray I get lifted

Space FM
Zap and Roger heartbreaker
Zap and Roger do it Roger
One way cutie pie
Bernard wright Hoboglobotribbin

Radio x
Fear the mouth don't stop

Radio Los Santos is my least favorite station I'm not too fond of today's rap scene but I dug
ASAP rocky r Cali
Over here relaxin
100s life of a Mac
Sqhool boy q collard greens
Kendrick Lamar ADHD

From blu ark
Gregory Isaac night nurse a favorite of mine from my high school days
Yellowman nobody move another one from my childhood
Lee scratch Perry love the sample used from rockstars bully over world theme.

Los Santos rock

Higher love
Burning heart rockyIV soundtrack
Chicago if you leave me now
The doobie brothers what a fool believes.

Los Santos pop radio
Bobby brown on our own from ghostbustersII sound dtrack

Gorillas ft de la soul feel good Incorporated

Pet shop boys west end girls

Wham/George Michael every thing she wants

And last but not least a wave of joy swept over me as I this song popped unexpextically when I 1st played story mode as Michael

Stardust music sounds better with you.!I love daft punks music and the first time I heard this song was 8 hears ago on the radio in my friends room with a jug of water a Vicks inhaler and rolling on some ecstacy good times.

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2016 - 08:46 PM Edited by SmokesWithCigs, 12 April 2016 - 08:50 PM.

I'm happy about the inclusion of Vinewood Boulevard Radio as a whole in GTA V. I like the indie music I never heard of.

I'm also happy about the INXS song in particular, even if it was on what's possibly GTA's fakest radio station ever.

Also this very song:

Tennis Court by Lorde.

On a computer recorded auto tune pop (C.R.A.P.) radio station that includes both Britney Spears and Rihanna among others, Lorde was a breath of fresh air :)

I'm also happy about every single song included on V-Rock, Radio X, K-DST and Liberty Rock Radio. Real rock, true metal (for the most part) and no f*cking emo bands who whine about how misunderstood they are at all. No post-2000's Top 40 and MTV crap either (that is until GTA V at least). I really appreciate what Rockstar does with their soundtracks when it comes to licensed songs.

Though GTA V's Los Santos Rock Radio was kind of of a let down in comparison to what rock and metal stations were in previous games - in that it was just too soft :/

(the day they include KoRn, Linkin Park, Black Veil Brides, Bring Me The Horizon or any similar boy band, a small part of me will die and I might kill myself/somebody)
Thats because it's a classic 80s rock/pop station Kenny loggins is the DJ for God's sake why is that so hard to understand?

creepyguy
  • creepyguy

Boy Toy

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 13 April 2016 - 01:18 PM

Non-stop pop FM - Modjo - Lady 

• O.Z likes this

Michael
  • Michael

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2016 - 01:50 PM

Radio GaGa by Queen and every song from Flashback FM in Grand Theft Auto III.
  • Queen and creepyguy like this

Ivan1997GTA
  • Ivan1997GTA

Proud to Be Loud

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 13 April 2016 - 02:04 PM

Also this very song:

Tennis Court by Lorde.

Thats because it's a classic 80s rock/pop station Kenny loggins is the DJ for God's sake why is that so hard to understand?

Yeah, but that's the problem. If Loggins was hosting an 80's pop/rock station similar to Vice City FM in V and let someone else host LSRR composing mostly of classic rock & metal, none of us would have been complaining.
  • Michael likes this

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2016 - 11:30 PM

I'm happy about the inclusion of Vinewood Boulevard Radio as a whole in GTA V. I like the indie music I never heard of. I'm also happy about the INXS song in particular, even if it was on what's possibly GTA's fakest radio station ever. Also this very song:

Tennis Court by Lorde.

On a computer recorded auto tune pop (C.R.A.P.) radio station that includes both Britney Spears and Rihanna among others, Lorde was a breath of fresh air :) I'm also happy about every single song included on V-Rock, Radio X, K-DST and Liberty Rock Radio. Real rock, true metal (for the most part) and no f*cking emo bands who whine about how misunderstood they are at all. No post-2000's Top 40 and MTV crap either (that is until GTA V at least). I really appreciate what Rockstar does with their soundtracks when it comes to licensed songs. Though GTA V's Los Santos Rock Radio was kind of of a let down in comparison to what rock and metal stations were in previous games - in that it was just too soft :/ (the day they include KoRn, Linkin Park, Black Veil Brides, Bring Me The Horizon or any similar boy band, a small part of me will die and I might kill myself/somebody)
Yeah, but that's the problem. If Loggins was hosting an 80's pop/rock station similar to Vice City FM in V and let someone else host LSRR composing mostly of classic rock & metal, none of us would have been complaining.

Maybe if they had some 89s metal and hair bands like twisted sister's were not going to take it van halen and aero Smith for example I guess it would have been better I get what you're saying. I like that station though I grew up on a lot of those songs
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

creepyguy
  • creepyguy

Boy Toy

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 19 April 2016 - 09:52 AM

I missed some songs in my previous post I hope no one minds so here they are: All songs on Flash FM in Vice city,Fergie - Glamorous on Non-stop-pop FM,Lady Gaga - Applause on the same radio,all songs on Flashback FM in GTA III as Bleached said,Survivor- Burning heart (GTA 5),Glukoza - Schweine (GTA IV) and many others.

otachi
  • otachi

Bring out the gimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2016 - 10:39 AM

Old love/new love is extremely underrated

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

GTAWORLD2016
  • GTAWORLD2016

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 April 2016 - 12:59 AM

M83 - Midnight City on GTA V
  • otachi likes this

Ya Boy Punk Fan
  • Ya Boy Punk Fan

Rest easy, Chester.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2016 - 01:40 PM

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Bare
  • Bare

fat

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:25 PM

how it was (perfectly captures the feel of the game imo), bugatti, work (both on next gen RLS), 5 on it, ambitionz az a ridah, still dre

A bunch of songs on los santos rock radio and blue ark. I generally only listen to rap so I would have never heard of the rock and reggae songs if it wasn't for GTA.

I like "garbage" new school rap songs but I also enjoyed some classic rock songs, shocking right?  :panic:  :panic:

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Death May Die

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 20 April 2016 - 04:24 PM

I'm happy LCHC was there to introduce me to Real Hardcore Punk and Heavy Metal!

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:07 PM

Not including songs that I first heard in GTA and liked (which would be many songs in GTA VC and VCS,KDST,Radio X and LRR),but only those I knew from before,I was happy to hear these:

Scorpions-Rock You Like A Hurricane (V-Rock,GTA VCS)

Foreigner-I Wanna Know What Love Is (Emotion 98.3,GTA VCS)

Eddie Money-Two Tickets To Paradise (KDST,GTA SA)

Guns N' Roses-Welcome To The Jungle (Radio X,GTA SA)

The Stooges-I Wanna Be Your Dog (LRR,GTA 4)

Deep Purple-Highway Star (LRR,GTA EFLC)

AC/DC-Touch Too Much (LRR,GTA EFLC)

Iron Maiden-Run To The Hills (LRR,GTA EFLC)

CCR-Fortunate Son (LSRR,GTA 5)

ZZ Top-Gimme All Your Lovin' (LSRR,GTA 5)

Kenny Loggins-Danger Zone (LSRR,GTA 5)

• killdrivetheftvehicle, Payne Killer, icecoldkilla1467 and 1 other like this

Albixs
  • Albixs

Fou

• Members
  • France

Posted 20 April 2016 - 11:44 PM

Queen - Radio Ga Ga  !! -All we hear is radio ga ga, radio goo goo! -

• Queen likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:37 AM

San An's Channel X was pretty close to my own listening at the time, so having that was pretty cool. V's Channel X has some good stuff too, but not as much as SA. 

The Lowdown has some great funk and soul. 

Other than that, I really don't enjoy much of the current radio stations.

xxviolentbenxx
  • xxviolentbenxx

Whatchu talkin bout, Willis?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:02 PM Edited by xxviolentbenxx, 21 April 2016 - 06:58 PM.

I was happy to have all the songs from V-Rock in VC and VC Stories. My favorites of both games are:

Madhouse (Anthrax)

Peace Sells (Megadeth)

Raining Blood (Slayer)

I Wanna Rock (Twisted Sister)

Holy Diver (Dio)

Rock You Like A Hurricane (Scorpions).

• killdrivetheftvehicle, GTA-Biker and Ivan1997GTA like this

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:20 PM Edited by killdrivetheftvehicle, 21 April 2016 - 12:21 PM.

Dio - Holy Diver (GTAVCS)

Scorpions - Rock You Like A Hurricane (GTAVCS)

Megadeth - Peace Sells (GTAVC)

Iron Maiden - 2 Minutes to Midnight (GTAVC)

Slayer - Raining Blood (GTAVC)

Judas Priest - You've Got Another Thing Coming (GTAVC)

Anthrax - Madhouse (GTAVC)

• GTA-Biker, icecoldkilla1467, Ivan1997GTA and 1 other like this

Luna 51
  • Luna 51

Where It All Began

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:08 PM

Hope it's not too big of a bump.

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users