473 replies to this topic
MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 16 May 2016 - 12:27 PM

Yeah, but re-doing III in general is nothing for me.  It takes all of 3 days using the 53% Starter Save and all 13 Special Vehicles at BEST are a 2 and 1/2 or 3 star difficulty.  There is nothing in III that I find tedious or difficult to get at this point.  I did III so many times now while getting all 13 so it's second nature to me these days while getting them all...

Plus, I doubt anything will be found.  The only way to pass Van Heist is delivering the Securicar to the Garage, but Claude is glued to the ground when the Garage is closing, thus no way of retrieving the BP/FP Securicar with passing.  The Unique Corpse Manana needs to be crushed to pass the Mission.  Claude can't retrieve that after it's inside the Crusher in Ghost Form when the Mission passes.  You can't retrieve the AP/EC Stretch and then pass the Mission.  If you remove the Stretch from Joey's Garage and then go back to it and into the blue marker, the game will freeze and the cutscene will be locked in place with Claude standing in Joey's Garage, thus can't continue the Mission.  BP/FP Trashmaster can't be blown up during Blow Fish and then expect to take it to SI, the only Garage in which can store it.  The 3 EC Sports Cars all need to be taken to a Garage, similar to that of the BP/FP Securicar.  Once you park the Sports Cars in the Garage, Claude is glued to the ground and can't retrieve the Sports Cars after putting them in that Garage, thus impossible to have them and pass the Mission.

Thus 5 Mission Failures and 78 Attempts in III at best, which I already achieved twice on PS2 and about to be my third time, but the Save will be on Mobile.  Just like in VC, it's impossible to pass Supply and Demand and obtain the BP/EP/FP Squalo just like it's impossible to pass The Driver while obtaining the BP/EP/FP Sabre Turbo, thus 2 Mission Failures and 90 Attempts in VC at best.  Again, which I have on PS2 already for my current Save.  I already have Saves with the absolute lowest Stats and all Special Vehicles, etc, etc...

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:04 PM

Nice!  You should be finishing up the III Save soon...All you need now is the AP Cheetah.  Too bad you're getting it with a Mission Failure at the end of the game instead of passing for it...

Fooking Rekt
  • Fooking Rekt

Special Vehicle Collector

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:11 PM Edited by Fooking Rekt, 16 May 2016 - 10:11 PM.

Yeah on my next playtrough i will get it without failing it. If i had known it adds attempts even after 100% i woukd've done it much earlier

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:16 PM

When I got it on Mobile last Summer, I actually used a Fire Truck to obtain it with Mission Failure, but I did it early on in the beginning right when the El Burro Pay Phone Missions become available.  I did that because at the time, I didn't know about the Car Thieves as a Method to make Vehicles DP.  Before, I only knew the Mission Scripted Passenger Method, which there isn't many Missions which allow this to work out and make DP Vehicles.  I got the Cheetah early, even with a Mission Failure, mainly cuz I HAD to make it DP and thought if I got it at the end of the game, I wouldn't be able to ever make it DP......Now of course that is easy to do using a Car Thief.  When I do my new Mobile Save, I surely will do it EXACTLY like PS2.  I'll have 78 Mission Attempts for sure and all 13 Special Vehicles full converted no doubt.  Knowing all the tricks now BEFORE I start will surely make this easier than last time...

thehambone
  • thehambone

----- The Idaho Mafia ----- Perennial Hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2016 - 04:43 AM Edited by thehambone, 17 May 2016 - 04:44 AM.

I'm starting a new GTA III playthough and these are the special vehicles I wish to collect this time around:
  • EC Teal Kuruma [Give Me Liberty]
  • BP/FP/EP Cheetah [Turismo]
  • EC Black Rumpo [Under Surveillance]
  • BP Barracks OL [Arms Shortage]
  • BP/FP/EP Bobcat [Evidence Dash]
  • BP Patriot [Marked Man]
  • EC Black Trim Securicar [Decoy]
  • EC Black Fbi Car
Since I have a strict "no wasted/busted/mission failures" policy, I'm only going for vehicles that don't require mission failure.
  • MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:41 AM

Since you're only going for 8 Special Vehicles despite having 13 spots to store them, I recommend also trying to obtain an NE Taxi, NE Cabbie, NE Borgnine, and NE Hoods Rumpo XL.  At least that will fill 12 total spots up and then you're not wasting the space.  Make sure to convert all of these to DP, as well, except the EC Black Trim Securicar since the Crusher won't allow that to be DP.

• thehambone likes this

thehambone
  • thehambone

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2016 - 04:38 PM

Good idea! You should list those in the OP as "Extras" or something, because I almost forgot about them! Also, how would I go about getting the NE Borgnine? It seems like I would need to keep driving past it at very high speeds and hope the game is too slow to load the light on top.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2016 - 05:17 PM

Yeah, I will add NE Vehicles to III, VC, LCS, and VCS Guides eventually as extras since they aren't Special Vehicles but Glitch Vehicles and can be obtained at any time...

Yeah, I think so.  It's gonna be a pain in the ass to get, but the others should be no problem...Getting an NE Borgnine and then making it DP would be pretty cool and something very rare since it'll probably be difficult to get one to spawn...

• thehambone likes this

thehambone
  • thehambone

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2016 - 05:44 PM

Yeah, it'd be pretty awesome if I can get it! :D

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2016 - 05:48 PM

It's just like getting an NE Bloodring Banger in VC.  It's all about luck and driving quickly to the Stadium while a lot of other sh*t is going on and hoping it spawns NE.  That is how the NE Borgnine in III probably is like.  Possible, but may take a while to get, that's for sure.  Good luck! :D :p

What part are you currently up to in your Playthrough?

Fooking Rekt
  • Fooking Rekt

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 17 May 2016 - 07:16 PM Edited by Fooking Rekt, 17 May 2016 - 07:17 PM.

Or if you are on PC you just use the replay feature to make the Borgnine NE.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2016 - 07:21 PM

Yeah, I forgot about that.  I think he's doing the Save on PC, despite owning it on PS2, so he could use that Method to get an NE Borgnine, but that Method is just as cheap as the Duplication Method to obtain the EP/EC Securicar on PC.  It's best to obtain it the challenging Method to feel like you accomplished something in the end.  The PC Method to make NE Vehicles and the PC Method to obtain the EP/EC Securicar are cheap tricks, imo...

thehambone
  • thehambone

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2016 - 07:53 PM

Nope, I'm doing it on PS2.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:05 PM

Ah, then yeah, the way I explained getting it with luck is the only way you'll be able to pull it off, then.  It's always better to play on PS2, anyways.  Better experience and always a greater challenge compared to PC.  For instance, on PS2, you can't use the rotating camera in a Vehicle or on foot but on PC, as well as Mobile, you can.  You're locked in place in III and VC for PS2 and the only way to look around in a Vehicle is using the L2 and R2 Buttons as drive-by to look left or right or holding both L2 and R2 to look behind you.  Or on foot, you need to be completely stopped and then use the right analog stick to bring Claude and Tommy to first person and turn him left, right, etc to see in that direction.  No such thing as the rotating camera, only on PC and Mobile is that feature there.  Maybe Xbox, too, but not the original PS2.  There is many things like this and that's why PS2 always will be the King of Platforms and the hardest way to play GTA and go for Special Vehicles...

thehambone
  • thehambone

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2016 - 03:04 AM

What part are you currently up to in your Playthrough?

I realized I never answered this! I'm currently about halfway through Portland story-wise and I've done most of the side-jobs on Portland, including Taxi Driver and Paramedic. So far the only special vehicle I have is the EC Teal Kuruma.

Yeah, I'm just gonna keep whizzing past the Borgnine and hope that an NE one spawns for now. :p

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:31 AM

Shouldn't you have unlocked the El Burro Pay Phone Missions already?  If you wait to long and the Triads hate Claude and/or the Mafia hates Claude, the Cheetah will be unobtainable.  It's only possible to obtain with passing the Mission RIGHT after the Phone Missions become unlocked.  The Triads hating Claude comes quick, so don't f*ck up.  If you have the Triads/Mafia hating Claude, then the Cheetah is equal to killing Kenji before completing the Missions and locking yourself out of 100%; in other words, f*cked.  You'll be f*cked and need to start over if you don't get the Cheetah asap...

thehambone
  • thehambone

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2016 - 03:30 PM

Thanks for the tip! I've unlocked them, but haven't completed them yet. I deliberately stopped doing story missions after The Getaway so I'd have all of the Portland side missions unlocked. Since then I've been making my way through the Portland side activities. I'll probably end with El Burro's missions. :^: Unfortunately, I won't get the chance to play again until tonight. :/

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2016 - 05:21 PM

Nice!  Don't forget to get it asap before the Triads and Mafia hate Claude.  It's simple to get, tbh.  Once you have it flipped over or the driver leaves it once the Race/Mission is passed, pushing it back is the easy part.  Just take your time.  You have nothing to worry about but slowly pushing it back to the Garage and it pushes like nothing...

• thehambone likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:33 PM

Nice!  You should be done soon.  Just the AP Cheetah and to finish to 100% I guess.  Shouldn't be too long now.  It's been a long time since you started...

Fooking Rekt
  • Fooking Rekt

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:36 PM

Yeah, the UC Securicar video will be uploaded in 1 hour

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:48 PM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 24 May 2016 - 08:57 PM.

That EC Securicar is completely useless.  It's only nice that you can pass the Mission to get it unlike the EP/EC Securicar.  I'll have the EP/EC Securicar, EC FBI Car, and all NE Vehicles soon enough when I do my 2nd Save File for III on PS2 in the future when I feel like it...

Btw, good method with the EP/EC Securicar and using a Tank.  I've heard that being used before, but never saw a Video of it done like that.  It's probably the easiest method like you said, and the one I will surely use when I do the 2nd Save File.  I'll get the Tank from Arms Shortage.  Usually I don't get it then since it's not needed.  Even for the BP/EP/FP Bobcat I always just use the BP/DP Barracks OL instead of a Tank...

Fooking Rekt
  • Fooking Rekt

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 24 May 2016 - 09:35 PM Edited by Fooking Rekt, 24 May 2016 - 09:37 PM.

Yeah, that's much easier.

I will try using a Landstalker for the BP/FP/EP Bobcat instead of the BP/DP Barracks OL, 2 people already told me that it is MEGA easy with it.

Also, for some reason the wreck of the Bobcat likes to dissapear alot, whereas the Securicar never dissapeared for me (except 1x while i wasn't looking at it and one time while pushing it in the garage, that is why it took so long to push it inside at the end of the video)

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2016 - 09:40 PM

I don't think the wrecks actually disappear, they just go invisible.  Changing to Top Down View fixes it and makes the wreck come back to being visible.  The Bobcat usually goes invisible when I am pushing it back to the Garage but I just switch to Top Down View and it shows the Bobcat again...

How could a Landstalker work?  It tips over so easily and is one of the worst Vehicles to drive in III.  It would probably start smoking quickly as you're pushing the Bobcat back to the Garage anyways...

• thehambone likes this

Fooking Rekt
  • Fooking Rekt

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 24 May 2016 - 09:45 PM Edited by Fooking Rekt, 24 May 2016 - 09:51 PM.

Well, i'll give it a try. The Landstalker is actually one of the best vehicles when it comes to speed and being heavy.

If it is really easy, i'll definately make a new video lol.

If it were invisible i should be able to hear the wreck when i drive into it and the Rhink should slow down, but neither of that happened.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2016 - 09:48 PM

Huh?  Every time I have a 5 star wanted level driving around the AP Bobcat, the Cops ram the sh*t out of it and it's usually flipped upside down and blown up within 5 minutes on a Rampage.  It's light as a feather and far from heavy like the BP/DP Barracks OL.  The Cops can't push that around and YOU are the one in control when driving that around.  No Vehicles on the road stand a chance against it.  Bobcat itself sucks.  Doesn't matter of it's AP or not.  Even the AP Cheetah isn't so good.  I only ever drive the AP/EC Stretch and BP/DP Barracks OL since those are the biggest and heaviest Special Vehicles in III and the Cops don't push you all around and tip you over so easily...

Fooking Rekt
  • Fooking Rekt

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 24 May 2016 - 09:50 PM

Sorry i meant a Landstalker lol.

Anyways, i will get to 100% now and get the UC FBI Car and BP/FP/EP Cheetah tomorrow

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2016 - 09:58 PM

How is a Landstalker heavy?  My BP/DP Barracks OL can literally make it fly in a line drive like a baseball.  You can hit it head on and it goes flying in the air a long distance.  It's far from heavy and it's not fast at all.  And when you try and go fast and make a turn, it tips over and the E-Brake is the only way to turn basically as if you hit the normal brakes, you tip over.  Hence why there is a Landstalker Hate Topic in the GTA III Section.  Most people hate it and think it's horrible.  Meanwhile, you're claiming it's heavy and fast and a good Vehicle.  On drugs? :D :p

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2016 - 12:58 PM

Nice!  Looking forward to seeing the BP/EP/FP Cheetah being obtained and converted to AP Cheetah.  Should be finalizing GTA III today and be done with it since you said you are already 100%...

Fooking Rekt
  • Fooking Rekt

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 25 May 2016 - 01:02 PM Edited by Fooking Rekt, 25 May 2016 - 01:02 PM.

Yeah, afterwards i will try to get this bloody AP Infernus in SA, then the rest will be done quick again.

And then LCS :D

Edit: Wait no... f*ck...
AP Leviathan and DP Leviathan... -_-

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2016 - 01:06 PM

Well, it'll be interesting to see the Videos for LCS since you never played that one or know much about it and especially the Special Vehicles found within...

So I wait until SA is finished off and you start LCS :D :p

I am also looking forward to finishing my current secondary Save File for SA so I can move onto GTA III for Mobile and finish that up and then probably GTA III on PS2 again, but the secondary Save File for the EP/EC Securicar, EC FBI Car, and all NE Vehicles.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users