GTA VC Special Vehicle Guide

900 replies to this topic
Rachel Amber
  • Rachel Amber

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:08 PM

Guys SAD news... SOO... Today GTA VICE CITY ON ORIGINAL XBOX Came to my house since i bought it and... one think UC CONVERSION NOT WORK ON XBOX VERSION OF VC everything in it work fine UNTIL you have to pick clothes 2nd time... when you have to kill Mercedes and go to the pink marker here is the problem... when you get into that pink marker game stuck on black screen on xbox... just some sad news :( i will try to find a workground for this that will work on ALL platforms You should add note to guide that this not work on xbox

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:16 PM Edited by MorsPrincipiumEst, 19 June 2017 - 02:17 PM.

It works...I had the same problem on PS2.  You just need the specific Ped to spawn.  Wearing the Black Jacket, Red Shirt.  If this Ped is NOT there when you go into the second Pink Marker at Rafael's game will crash/freeze and stay Black.  Nick explained this months back to me when I was doing my 2nd Save File.  I thought you'd been keeping up to date?  All of this stuff is written in previous pages lol...

A lot of wasted time with that EC Black Conversion.  I once waited 25 minutes until I saw that Ped spawn.  He's the Ped that you see getting off the Freeway in the cutscene.  He MUST be near the Pink Marker when you go into it for the second instance.

Idk why it works so easily on PC but never on Console.  OM0 blows ass...

Rachel Amber
  • Rachel Amber

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:17 PM

but i already done this on pc... looot of times however on xbox it waas the first time and i didnt had any problems with that before soo  i didnt knew sorry :/

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:20 PM Edited by MorsPrincipiumEst, 19 June 2017 - 02:20 PM.

That is why I hate PC Version.  Everyone does testing on it or an Emulator, which isn't the same as any Console Version.  Console Versions always were and will be the hardest for Special Vehicles.  So many "roadblocks" in your way on Console, so when you conquer and STILL SUCCEED, it's THAT MUCH BETTER than doing it on PC, which everything works out and is too easy there.  It's why I steer far away from PC Versions.  That, and I could careless about Mods.  Never needed them before, won't need them now, won't need them in the future.  I feel sorry for people who can't play GTA unless they have Mods installed.  They really like GTA, alright...NOT...They like the MODS MADE FOR GTA, not GTA itself...

Playing Vanilla since 2001...It's all I need and care about.

Rachel Amber
  • Rachel Amber

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:57 PM

ok i tried it next 3x times and NO it will not work on xbox no matter what i done everything correctly like in guide and nope still black screen dude isnt loaded

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:07 PM

Awesome! :)  Game Crashes when I enter Rafael's Second Pink Marker during EC Black Conversion.  Does NOT work on PS2 or at least V1.  Therefore 2nd Save = Irrelevant.  Can't be done.  Not that it matters anyways.  As I always say, I could careless to "have" Vehicles that are otherwise unobtainable without OM0 since it's a dirty and cheap Method to "get" something anyways.  I prefer obtaining all of the normal Special Vehicles, of which I have done and that's good enough for me.

The Police Car and Save Icon sucks ass on PS2, too.  You can't move camera on foot and Tommy the moron runs into the Save Icon a lot of the time.  When I finally get it right, the Frame Rate drops significantly.  Then I do all the work right up to the part of getting the Clothes the second instance and game just goes black during the fade and remains like that.  Nothing happens.

False Alarm!  It works! :D :p

ped model HMYST (red leather jacket thug) has to be nearby or the game will crash

Awesome! :)  Game Crashes when I enter Rafael's Second Pink Marker during EC Black Conversion.

You need to find ped with HMYST model before entering marker. Have a look here.

Yes, you guys are absolutely right.  Once I waited until AFTER 20:00 so that specific Red Shirt, Black Jacket Ped spawned, I went into Pink Marker and spammed X to skip cutscene (Don't know if that matters or not) and now it does NOT crash.  Making an EC Black Stretch now as all I gotta do is go back into the Pink Marker at the Docks and kill Mercedez again! :)

Thanks for the help!

It sucks that every time you make an EC Black Vehicle, you get +2 Mission Attempts AND +1 Safehouse Visits.  Touching the Save Icon generates +1.  It's so stupid.  But see?  This is EXACTLY WHY I wanted to do this in a SEPARATE Save.  If I combined the usual 27 Special Vehicles with some EC Black Vehicles, I'd have way more Attempts and way more Safehouse Visits.  So it's nice that I got all my "Stats" stuff done in the 1st Save.  This 2nd Save File is just a basic 100% run with 24 EC Black Vehicles.  Don't care about keeping the other Stats low in this Save.

EDIT: Cool!  I got an EC Black Stretch now.  Now, I just need to figure out how to store these 24 EC Black Vehicles and where I will put them and then I am good.  It's nice that these will be converted quickly and once I finish, I just blow through to 100%, and don't need to worry about Stats (Other than Deaths, Busted, Cheats, and Mission Attempts) or the Special Vehicles from the Story Missions since those are all obtained in my 1st Save! :)

I hope framerate won't drop too much on PC cause I only have 2 GB of RAM to work with :/

Frame Rate is only an issue on PS2.  Any GTA on PS2 runs at like 20 FPS or something like that.  The PC Gamers get a hard on over 60 FPS and I could careless about that since I've been playing PS1, PS2, PS3...Consoles in general since the beginning of time in the late 90's.  I don't care about ultra PC master race nonsense.  So many options on PC to change like Frame Limiter and this and that, Replay, etc, etc, that makes most things easy on PC in the end compared to a Console running at 20 FPS.  It's only been 20 years that I'm used to this low FPS on Console.  When I open up my Hanger in SA with the Andromada inside, Frame Rate probably drops to 1 or 2 FPS, it's that bad.  Again, I don't care since I am used to this more difficult Platform and having issues that just DON'T EXIST on PC...

• Rachel Amber likes this

Rachel Amber
  • Rachel Amber

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:56 PM Edited by NOskillx, 19 June 2017 - 04:07 PM.

Nice! :D it worked i found this guy same as you after 20:00 he was driving a car so i jacked him and quickly got into marker! Worked :) you should add note about it in guide haha anyway what do you reccomand to do EC black excluding stretch? (my guess is that Sentinel XS is worth of having it in EC form :D but i want to hear your opinion on this. 

Also can you tell me what is a max amount of vehicles that can be in one garage before they dissapear? because idk in vc

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:37 PM Edited by MorsPrincipiumEst, 19 June 2017 - 04:37 PM.

Well, we told you.  It's not that it doesn't work.  You weren't doing it right.  I said this, though.  Find that Ped?  Works.  No Ped?  Freezes.  It's that simple.

After 20:00 has nothing to do with it, actually.  I saw this Ped at 11:00, anytime, really, and it works.  It doesn't need to be night time.  It's just that Ped spawns MORE FREQUENTLY at night.  It doesn't mean it's the ONLY time it works, though...

Yeah, I know.  You know, time and all.  I am too busy blasting through Saves of my own to care about updating Guides right now.  I never do updates WHILE I am doing my own Saves.  It can continue to wait.  When I AM READY, I will fix the Guide(s).

Idk.  I finished my Save in February.  Photos posted somewhere in here and to me, those were the best ones.  It's personal preference.  When I do my 3rd Save for more EC Black Vehicles and the 2 RC Vehicles, there is hardly anything left that I actually WANT.  It's more just to do it so I am not wasting space and doing VC for only the 2 RC Vehicles...

4.  It's always been 4 except III.  III has different Garage TYPES.  1 in Portland, 6 in SI, and 6 in SSV, thus 13 in total for a III Save.  With VC, SA, LCS, and VCS, it has always been 4 and if anyone says different, they are a moron...

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2017 - 02:59 PM

Spoiler

^ PC Only

• Rachel Amber and SpriteFan274 like this

Nick007J
  • Nick007J

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 21 June 2017 - 03:46 PM Edited by Nick007J, 21 June 2017 - 03:50 PM.

^ PC Only

Technically the glitch has to be present on consoles (*), the problem is that nobody analyzed memory structure of these versions. But yes, you can use it for doing missions before The Party. In fact, you can unlock Back Alley Brawl, complete the game and then do An Old Friend and The Party, converting vehicles as required.

(*) Alternative version of activating this glitch without OM0, replays and other stuff (therefore can be executed on consoles): throw a grenade [I tested blowing up vehicle, but grenade should work too] in front of marker of An Old Friend, enter the marker so Tommy dies while walking. After cutscene mission warps into where it was 'pointed' by preparations. Problem 1: can only be done once (An Old Friend is completed with this method) and requires death. problem 2: even if the warp itself is possible on consoles, preparations might be completely different than on PC. Problem 3: it works only for unlocking missions, not warping (otherwise it would have been used in speedrun).

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2017 - 05:20 PM

Yeah, i noticed when you Completed mission you cannot warp to it Again, but with Pizzaboy warp you can just save in Hotel, do warp thing to warp either to Psycho Killer (for Limo) -Since this one can be warped and you don't need gang missions to be done (and this one has limo) or Riot/Jury Fury (for Spand Express) 

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2017 - 05:31 PM

My head hurts. :blink:

Rachel Amber
  • Rachel Amber

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:16 PM

xD mine too... you know

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:22 PM

That Replay Feature.  Remove it?  There goes 3 Vehicles removed from the Guide.  No need to even acknowledge the EP/FP Hotring Racer A and B or the BP/EP/FP Sanchez if not on PC.  You think I hate OM0, Replay Feature is even more of an enemy to me :D :p  OM0 and Replay = Snapping the Disc in Half ;)  That's how broken these games...

Rachel Amber
  • Rachel Amber

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:25 PM

OM0 and Replay are cool but hard to use (sometimes) and they might broke save game for example if you duplicate jury fury its gonna instapass right after the cutscene and both attampts (2) gonna pass however when you save the game and try load it game gonna crash and savegame is broken forever...

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 June 2017 - 06:47 AM

It doesn't really instapass, it just works like that the becouse you duplicate mission twice (so two Admirals and two Sentinels will spawn) - therefore one over other - and they will damage eachother.
Instapass is more like executing code in correct time with use of OM0, For example: Start "Mike Lips Last Lunch" when you are on Vigilante with om0.
This will INSTANLY pass the mission, in cutscene, seems to work on all platforms even my PS4 (But you cannot Start vigilante ever again).
And i never heard of game crashing when you dupe the Jury Fury, like never, lol i have done it myself so many times and it never crashed my game when i saved right after.

Now about the New method to WARP to missions, First of all, i call new Warping method "Pizzaboy Warp", and old one "The Party Warp"

So, before Pizzaboy Warp, we were not allowed to get UC Black "Late game" Vehicles, such as Love Fist Limo, Zebra Cab(?*) and Spand Express, You may ask why, Here is anwser, The Party Warp did not allowed us to start unlock The Party marker - simply becouse we already completed it and you cannot unlock mission markers that you already finished, and now with Pizzaboy Warp we can, since we never touched Either storyline or The Old Friend (Mission before The Party), thus allowing us to get said vehicles.

I have tested for sure that you can warp to Psycho Killer (only possible mission to get Limo from early, other missions either don't have Limo or you have to complete "Gang missions" to unlock - that what game says) and Riot/Jury Fury (Spand Express).

Also, If you have for example already completed "The Party" then unlocked "Back Alley Brawl" and you Warped/Unlocked "Riot" - Riot Mission marker goes OVER the "Back Alley Brawl" marker, then when you complete Riot you still have "Back Alley Brawl" marker untouched.

*Needs more testing and stuff.

I Hope this clear things up, I've tried my best to explain it as clean as possible.

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Glitchtor Vance

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:29 AM Edited by RationalPsycho, 22 June 2017 - 09:43 AM.

So, the RC Bandit and Baron are fully obtainable on all platforms, the Goblin and Raider seem to be pretty damn close, and now you can unlock everything before "The Party". I know very few technical details about the last one; exact methods, teleportation, OM0 with buying properties, memory structure and such, but am eager to learn more, and eventually will.

If it's possible to unlock later missions before starting "The Party", then unlocking "Shakedown" before "Phnom Penh '86" should be possible, so we can buy the Film Studio early, save a Replay on its Save Icon, trigger it the moment the Maverick becomes AP, and HOPEFULLY obtain the helicopter. Although I don't know to what degree this will mess the game up later on. Too much glitched percentage, but it's still a method worth trying. It's our last hope.

Also, I doubt the Love Fist Limo and Zebra Cab can be made EC Black, because their colour seems like a livery. I once used cheats to test the Sabre Turbo (since it can change colours in VCS), and I think the Love Fist Limo as well, but they weren't black. The Spand Express, since it spawns in different colours, should be possible. What's strange, if you convert a Taxi and Cabbie, they are not made black, but their bumpers are. The Kaufman Cab doesn't change at all.

Furthermore, a while ago, something ultra-crazy was found. It involves Arbitrary Code Execution or something. If certain conditions are met, the game executes the file(s) in the mp3 folder (for Custom Radio Station), so if you make a proper list of commands and change the file extension to ".mp3", you can do almost ANYTHING; have 100% with 0:00 Total Playing Time, any vehicle you want with the colour and properties of preference etc. Why, it might even be possible to delete your PC files! With this, we should be able to force the game to make every vehicle you enter H/AP/PP/TP/UH, much like how it makes them "Strong" after 100% completion. However, it appears to require some coding knowledge, which, if I'm not mistaken, pretty much makes no difference from directly tweaking the game's code with modding tools, commandline.txt and .bat files or something, or manually rewriting the code yourself in the end. Nick007J can provide much more detailed information than I can on this matter.

Nick007J
  • Nick007J

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:48 AM

For those who doesn't like replays or OM0, video of SSU glitch leading to unlocking Keep Your Friends Close without any of those.
https://youtu.be/AMwl3uLO9SU

Furthermore, a while ago, something ultra-crazy was found. It involves Arbitrary Code Execution or something. If certain conditions are met, the game executes the file(s) in the mp3 folder (for Custom Radio Station), so if you make a proper list of commands and change the file extension to ".mp3", you can do almost ANYTHING; have 100% with 0:00 Total Playing Time, any vehicle you want with the colour and properties of preference etc. Why, it might even be possible to delete your PC files! With this, we should be able to force the game to make every vehicle you enter H/AP/PP/TP/UH, much like how it makes them "Strong" after 100% completion. However, it appears to require some coding knowledge, which, if I'm not mistaken, pretty much makes no difference from directly tweaking the game's code with modding tools, commandline.txt and .bat files or something, or manually rewriting the code yourself in the end. Nick007J can provide much more detailed information than I can on this matter.

True. In fact, its existence was acknowledged even since glitch in question (SSU) was found (almost year ago), a savegame suitable for it was made only recently (because it required 150 hours of gameplay). It's not a flaw in MP3 system or anything like that, just MP3 file as a source happens to be the most convenient source that doesn't involve modding the game. If you look up definition of ACE, you can find out that there are no boundaries at all in what you can do about it, whole game can be reprogrammed.

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:09 AM Edited by Bender ุ, 22 June 2017 - 04:11 PM.

Also, I doubt the Love Fist Limo and Zebra Cab

They can i tested it;

Cbn40OL.png

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:04 PM

How to get the Unique/EC RC Bandit on the ACTUAL PS2.  I know the "Method" but who cares if you know the Method when the Videos are always being done on PC, which does NOT have the issue of needing to put ANOTHER Top Fun Van in the location of the one spawning on the Beach.  Is there enough time?  How to drive it into the "spot" to start the RC Bandit Race and NOT getting Blips left on the Radar?  Has anyone done it?

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Glitchtor Vance

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:15 AM

Woah, black Love Fist Limo and Zebra Cab? They should look cool. Still though, looks like only the bumpers of the latter can be painted, much like a Taxi and Cabbie (not Kaufman Cab for some reason), but I think it's better this way, because it gets to keep the unique zebra livery.

I wonder; can we use the SSU trick with "Pizzaboy" to redo missions later on in the game? If so, what are the requirements?

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:59 AM

If You completed the mission You cannot warp to it again, and I'm not sure if You can use Pizzaboy Warp later in the game.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:50 AM Edited by MorsPrincipiumEst, 23 June 2017 - 11:57 AM.

How to get the Unique/EC RC Bandit on the ACTUAL PS2.  I know the "Method" but who cares if you know the Method when the Videos are always being done on PC, which does NOT have the issue of needing to put ANOTHER Top Fun Van in the location of the one spawning on the Beach.  Is there enough time?  How to drive it into the "spot" to start the RC Bandit Race and NOT getting Blips left on the Radar?  Has anyone done it?

Nevermind.  Figured it out.  Gonna have to save the Top Fun inside the Ocean Heights Garage with a Police Car and have a little luck driving the Top Fun into the designated spot within the time limit and hope you find that spot.  During normal gameplay, I usually just do the RC Baron Race followed by the RC Bandit Race and I drive THAT Top Fun to the Beach and put it in the same spot, only it takes a couple minutes to find it, hence why as usual, this is a lot harder on PS2 compared to any other Platform.  But meh, I am used to always doing the harder Methods or at least the Methods that involve more Steps in the process...

Nick007J
  • Nick007J

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:31 PM

If You completed the mission You cannot warp to it again, and I'm not sure if You can use Pizzaboy Warp later in the game.

Pizza Boy mission is not related to warp whatsoever - it just happens to be fastest setup for speedrun (in fact, functionally equivalent preparations can be done without duping at all). Besides, you can warp to already completed missions, but you can't unlock them again.

The glitch itself happens when a mission executes a 'return' statement when its stack is empty. In speedrunning videos this glitch occurs when you cancel Vigilante after it was started during property buy. I linked a video yesterday of how this particular glitch can be executed without property buy or any duping at all (although the only mission convenient for it is An Old Friend). Pizza boy trick (alongside clerk timer setup) is only a setup for the glitch to warp to Keep Your Friends Close. Previously The Party was duped for same outcome.

Rachel Amber
  • Rachel Amber

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 25 June 2017 - 09:27 AM

Guys i "obtained" AP Maverick from the cutscene where it fly away at start but the thing is... it WASN'T AP :/

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Glitchtor Vance

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2017 - 11:17 AM

Guys i "obtained" AP Maverick from the cutscene where it fly away at start but the thing is... it WASN'T AP :/

Nice. Looks like you're pretty damn close :^: Try obtaining it after the shootout, during the few seconds where it's about to land for you to continue on foot.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2017 - 11:29 AM

You're so close NOskillx!  If you figure this out, it's surely something I will be obtaining in my 3rd Save File when I get back to VC in September or so...

Rachel Amber
  • Rachel Amber

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 25 June 2017 - 11:34 AM Edited by NOskillx, 25 June 2017 - 11:40 AM.

also if you destroy this maverick Tommy instantly die... 

EDIT I DIDNT TOLD YOU HOW TO DO THE SETUP... You need GET VCN Maverick park it outside Diaz mansion Then Get A POLICE car set up OM0 and here is tricky part you need to DESTROY doors and drive with vigilante vehicle into marker when you start mission and you need to some sort of "get out of it in marker and quickly get back into it ON CUTSCENE and when there is a cutscene when its AP and taking off you gotta active vigilante (you still should be in car) and it will spawn you back to ground now you gonna have to VERY VERY CAREFULLY get into that VCN maverick and go to Diaz's Roof however you need to watch on diaz roof all time because this maverick like to dissapear in seconds... and take it and idk what next...

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2017 - 11:40 AM

I have watched it a little bit ago and see that you killed Lance BEFORE it's AP.  It's only AP for a second or two as he's lowering you to leave the Maverick on Prawn Island.  This is AFTER the shootout on the Roof.  You're SO close, though.  Keep trying as this is the closest I have seen anyone get so far! :)

Rachel Amber
  • Rachel Amber

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 25 June 2017 - 11:41 AM Edited by NOskillx, 25 June 2017 - 11:44 AM.

yea im gonna try try try and do my best anyway i edited command ;)

AAA??? so its ap when Lance leave you? hmm... i might try to get it there

i just found a way to have om0 and be OUTSIDE the helicopter on mission

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users