VC Released
290 replies to this topic
niltwill
  • niltwill

-

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 April 2016 - 06:11 PM

For starters, where is this code? I tried to find your custom changes but it's not trivial to find anything in a 5mb big .txt and I'm not sure if you're commenting the code properly and using high level syntax.

Around...the intro mission.

//-------------Mission 1---------------
// Originally: Intro

Take a look at the skipping code in :INTRO_14443, :INTRO_14444. Maybe that's where the fault lies. $8598 is for the scene jump, $13 is for the instant jump to the end of all cutscenes.

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [Modding] 2016
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 10 April 2016 - 06:27 PM

:INTRO_14443, :INTRO_14444.

Ugh, so it means newly added code is still in low level syntax and creates an ugly label hell :pp

BeingARK
  • BeingARK

Black

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 10 April 2016 - 06:50 PM

So this MAIN.SCM modification restores unused dialogues and unused props through MAIN.SCM as well as some fixes right? And if it does, then are you planning on restoring every unused phone calls and dialogues?

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

DualShock 3 Buttons EVERYWHERE

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 10 April 2016 - 06:53 PM Edited by Blackbird88, 10 April 2016 - 06:53 PM.

So this MAIN.SCM modification restores unused dialogues and unused props through MAIN.SCM as well as some fixes right? And if it does, then are you planning on restoring every unused phone calls and dialogues?

Did you even open the spoilers in OP? :D

BeingARK
  • BeingARK

Black

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 10 April 2016 - 07:09 PM Edited by ShadowRageEX, 10 April 2016 - 07:10 PM.

Did you even open the spoilers in OP? :D

Yeah I did but I didn't saw all of phone calls being restored or I am simply blind lol but still I was just confirming it! Asking will not hurt somebody, will it? :D

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 10 April 2016 - 07:15 PM Edited by Silent, 10 April 2016 - 07:23 PM.

No wonder it doesn't work, you broke the functionality...

gosub @INTRO_14443
if 
  $8598 == 1 // integer values 
jf @INTRO_436 
jump @INTRO_3191 
if 
  $13 == 2 // integer values 
jf @INTRO_436 
jump @INTRO_11542
EDIT:
Also, it broke skipping with gamepad.

EDIT2:
Any particular reason you're not naming your own new global variables? From what I can tell, Sanny handles custom names properly in the case of VC.

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 10 April 2016 - 08:58 PM

OK, existing hardcoded cutscene skip behaviour (checked by 056A) was kinda problematic but now it seems to work properly. Enter does a full skip and Shift/Space/LMB do partial skips. Also made the gamepad do a full skip with Cross/A and partial skip with Triangle/Y:

https://dl.dropboxus...scm_up/main.scm
https://dl.dropboxus...scm_up/main.txt

I also removed entire DEFINE OBJECT header definition since it's meant to be autogenerated by Sanny.
  • Blackbird88, Mr. Jago and niltwill like this

niltwill
  • niltwill

-

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 April 2016 - 08:58 PM Edited by niltwill, 10 April 2016 - 09:05 PM.

Yeah I did but I didn't saw all of phone calls being restored or I am simply blind lol but still I was just confirming it! Asking will not hurt somebody, will it? :D

Yeah, not all are included. Ex.: Mercedes' phone calls are not all included. BJ's auto debt call is also not included.

No wonder it doesn't work, you broke the functionality...

gosub @INTRO_14443
if 
  $8598 == 1 // integer values 
jf @INTRO_436 
jump @INTRO_3191 
if 
  $13 == 2 // integer values 
jf @INTRO_436 
jump @INTRO_11542
EDIT:
Also, it broke skipping with gamepad.

EDIT2:
Any particular reason you're not naming your own new global variables? From what I can tell, Sanny handles custom names properly in the case of VC.

Edit: Oh, in the meanwhile, you solved it..great. I ain't a programmer, as it shows. This newb appreciates it. :cookie:

Well, I could name those new global variables, but it's how BeckermannDewitt named them, so I try to keep it the same for his sake (or with slightly changed numbers).

Gravarty
  • Gravarty

FeelsAmazingMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 April 2016 - 09:07 PM Edited by countergame, 10 April 2016 - 09:08 PM.

The wasted and busted info texts now disable player control to make sure you pay attention and explain a little more (like in GTA III). However, it's less meaningful with the HUD disabled (or with custom HUD).

How-About-No-01.jpg

Sorry.. but really? :p

• Blackbird88 and Tomasak like this

niltwill
  • niltwill

-

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 April 2016 - 09:11 PM Edited by niltwill, 10 April 2016 - 09:15 PM.

How-About-No-01.jpg

Sorry.. but really? :p

I knew a response like this would happen eventually regarding that change. So should the player remain in control or should the original be fitting to your needs, I wonder?

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 10 April 2016 - 09:17 PM

niltwill, corrected skipping behaviour with the gamepad again - now Start does a full skip like on PS2. Old links now point to the new files.

Though I just checked on PCSX2 and both Cross and Start just perform a full cutscene skip, so it seems more like a custom feature - unless it was changed in later PS2 releases.
  • niltwill likes this

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 10 April 2016 - 09:38 PM

About perfect insane stunt bonuses which don't work in VC - III considers the USJ perfect when the car lands on wheels and stays stable for several frames - however, VC doesn't have the SCM command to determine that, plus VC USJ messages (unlike III's) are displayed instantly after you land. However, VCS solves this by changing the "perfect" condition to be based on health instead - it considers the jump perfect when car's health after landing hasn't dropped by more than 35 points.

It could do a good addition, maybe?
  • uncaged likes this

niltwill
  • niltwill

-

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 April 2016 - 09:51 PM

About perfect insane stunt bonuses which don't work in VC - III considers the USJ perfect when the car lands on wheels and stays stable for several frames - however, VC doesn't have the SCM command to determine that, plus VC USJ messages (unlike III's) are displayed instantly after you land. However, VCS solves this by changing the "perfect" condition to be based on health instead - it considers the jump perfect when car's health after landing hasn't dropped by more than 35 points.

It could do a good addition, maybe?

Yes. How can that be achieved though?

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 10 April 2016 - 09:56 PM

Though actually VCS waits a good bit before displaying the results too... so there is no way to add it and keep it VC style :/

Gravarty
  • Gravarty

FeelsAmazingMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 April 2016 - 11:39 PM

I knew a response like this would happen eventually regarding that change. So should the player remain in control or should the original be fitting to your needs, I wonder?

Yes, i think it's kinda useless to force the player to read it.. Also if you start a new game and die for the first time, you always have to stand there for no reason and wait until the text box is gone.

niltwill
  • niltwill

-

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2016 - 05:51 AM

Yes, i think it's kinda useless to force the player to read it.. Also if you start a new game and die for the first time, you always have to stand there for no reason and wait until the text box is gone.

I know. I did not intend to keep this in, I was wondering if it did annoy too much anyone else other than me (I also prefer the original) - so thanks for saying it's bothersome. Will be removed in next version soon as I get home with Silent's fixed intro skip. Okay? By the way, any other things left that you wouldn't like to be there? What do you say about the armor info message?

• FMMZ and NoaJM like this

niltwill
  • niltwill

-

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2016 - 06:15 PM

Updated. It's best to restart the game with V1.4, yet again. The save-friendly SCM was not altered.

B_Smiles
  • B_Smiles

Callous Prick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 April 2016 - 06:51 PM

niltwill, hope you don't mind, but here's your updated SCM, with Silent's fixed intro skip and my limo with driver / fake avery. Also reverted being locked in place during the wanted level / health information.

EDIT

Ninja'd

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 11 April 2016 - 06:54 PM Edited by Silent, 11 April 2016 - 07:09 PM.

Also reverted being locked in place during the wanted level / health information.

You just like to watch the forums burn, don't you? :D

EDIT:
Where'd you hide the source though? You're losing lots of metadata by decompiling the SCM back...
  • B_Smiles likes this

B_Smiles
  • B_Smiles

Callous Prick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 April 2016 - 07:09 PM Edited by BeckermannDewitt, 11 April 2016 - 07:51 PM.

Also reverted being locked in place during the wanted level / health information.

You just like to watch the forums burn, don't you? :D

EDIT:
Where'd you hide the source though? You're losing lots of metadata by decompiling the SCM back...

Oh yes.

Damn source, I must have deleted it by mistake.

Ivan1997GTA
  • Ivan1997GTA

Proud to Be Loud

• Facade Corporation
  • Russia

Posted 11 April 2016 - 07:20 PM

Nice SCM mod! Anyway, are you gonna bring in back the old dialogue for "The Job", where if you get a 1-star wanted level or higher while driving to the bank: "Crap, now the cops are onto us! And we're not even there yet! We have to lose the cops first."
  • niltwill likes this

Jitterdoomer
  • Jitterdoomer

The Paleto Heist robber.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2016 - 05:02 AM

I'm also updating my GXT to match Love Fist's Scottish lines that were edited for American English texts. Since I don't know Scottish slang, Beckermann, do you know any Scottish slangs?

niltwill
  • niltwill

-

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2016 - 06:58 PM Edited by niltwill, 15 April 2016 - 09:32 AM.

niltwill, hope you don't mind, but here's your updated SCM, with Silent's fixed intro skip and my limo with driver / fake avery. Also reverted being locked in place during the wanted level / health information.

EDIT

Ninja'd

I don't mind. Yet if you're so nitpicking...then you are aware that a fake Avery isn't gonna cut it + the limo always steers right in my game for some reason (I tested it more times).

IMHO the problem with those info messages is that they occupy the game for too long, and it's easy to figure most of that out for yourself. Your proposed idea was to include a scene similarly as to how it goes in GTA III...It would require 4 new missions for each info pickup. That didn't happen (not from me, being a newb and all), still that extension on the info pickup messages was a sorta leftover, but it feels out of place to have such a lengthy introduction. In addition, it looks weird to suddenly lose all traffic around you while this is happening, then when it's over, boom, life reappears - that's why the player control was locked. But whatever floats your boat, man...

Nice SCM mod! Anyway, are you gonna bring in back the old dialogue for "The Job", where if you get a 1-star wanted level or higher while driving to the bank: "Crap, now the cops are onto us! And we're not even there yet! We have to lose the cops first."

Updated, thanks for the hint. Unfortunately those two new changes are not save-game compatible, so I'll keep the link to the V1.4 (and some older versions while at it).

It will only be said when you get a 2-star wanted level, because a 1-star one can disappear (quickly).

• uncaged likes this

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 12 April 2016 - 07:08 PM

Unfortunately those two new changes are not save-game compatible, so I'll keep the link to the V1.4 (and some older versions while at it).

How so? You're only tampering with the mission script so unless you're adding new global variables or referencing new object models then it's gonna work with old saves just fine.

Also, you didn't merge the source completely correctly - some car generators are still referenring #DTN_STADDOORA whereas it's meant to be just -1. Sanny cannot differentiate -1 from a reference to the first object from DEFINE OBJECT section, which happens to be just that object.

Fixed source:

https://dl.dropboxus...scm_up/main.zip
  • niltwill likes this

niltwill
  • niltwill

-

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2016 - 07:46 PM

How so? You're only tampering with the mission script so unless you're adding new global variables or referencing new object models then it's gonna work with old saves just fine.

It's because of some new global variables. Maybe local ones could do the trick if unused? It's just a bad habit that I got used to global ones. I tested it with local vars, and the game loads fine, but the two added audio lines in Job won't occur.

Reuploaded. Also don't know why, but game crashes when you leave the car in the first mission with that change, so I reverted it to original.

EiF0hn
  • EiF0hn

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 12 April 2016 - 07:57 PM

Oh man I didn't even notice this thread until now... :D

Here is a new german.gxt

https://mega.nz/#!O8...KxbXoQoKEIIvnY0

• niltwill likes this

Jitterdoomer
  • Jitterdoomer

The Paleto Heist robber.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2016 - 05:52 AM Edited by Jitterdoomer, 13 April 2016 - 06:33 AM.

Here are my latest text fixes (Correct me if you know what the Love Fist band members are saying since they're Scottish and used their slangs):

Spoiler
  • niltwill likes this

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 13 April 2016 - 01:32 PM

One more thing the source would benefit from is splitting it into separate .txt files, with each mission and a group of scripts being separate. It could make merging contributions easier, I guess.
  • Blackbird88 and niltwill like this

niltwill
  • niltwill

-

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2016 - 06:14 PM

Updated with Jitterdoomer's text fixes (although I'm not sure if I got ROK3_8 right, this part especially: Whae struck to get?), Silent's idea of source code separation and also fixed the Mercedes line crash (when leaving the car after the dialogue) in the first mission.

Jitterdoomer
  • Jitterdoomer

The Paleto Heist robber.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2016 - 05:48 AM

At the end of Jury Fury's cutscene, Tommy's line "Dumb. Florida. Moron." didn't appear in the subtitles despite being hidden inside the GXT file.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users