VC Released
333 replies to this topic
Jinx.
  • Jinx.

👉 👌

• Facade
  • Romania
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 11 August 2017 - 12:32 PM Edited by Jinx., 11 August 2017 - 12:37 PM.

IMG Factory is ancient nowadays

No it isn't. Modloader is undoubtly the best way to install mods in VC/SA (note that I didn't include GTA 3 on purpose, there are still some bugs with txd files being unused at certain times - for more references, check aap's xbox and ps2 cars to pc thread), but that doesn't make IMG Factory ancient. Especially when it is still needed for extracting files or for map replacing mods. If anything, IMG Tool 2.0 is ancient.

If you all really like bashing IMG tools so much, then call IMG editing obsolete, as a tool is not a way to install mods.
  • Davve95, Blue and Crspy like this

Marsi4eg
  • Marsi4eg

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:24 PM

fastman's img console is the best editor as for me

RedPenguen
  • RedPenguen

RedPenguen

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:43 PM

So i tried modloader and i get a unhandled exception message. :(

ernestin1
  • ernestin1

Its like World War VIII!

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:46 PM

if any user willing to update this mod further, please advise if you are adding text (i did the spanish texts additions to the original mod) 

RegistaG
  • RegistaG

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2017 - 07:29 PM

if any user willing to update this mod further, please advise if you are adding text (i did the spanish texts additions to the original mod) 

I did some minor changes like changing the taxi to sentinel in "The Job" (it was so stupid to respray and have the car the same color) but I don't know coding that well. Such a shame the mod is dead though best VC mod there is imo.

RedPenguen
  • RedPenguen

RedPenguen

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 25 August 2017 - 04:09 PM

So i tried modloader and i get a unhandled exception message.

Guys i have unhandled exception message now can someone help?

Davve95
  • Davve95

CJ - You wanna get back down so?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:43 PM Edited by Davve95, 25 August 2017 - 11:43 PM.

So i tried modloader and i get a unhandled exception message.

Guys i have unhandled exception message now can someone help?
Post the whole log here (under a spoiler)

Edit: Nvm, my mistake. I thought I was in another topic xD.

Tommy Vercetti Is #1
  • Tommy Vercetti Is #1

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 September 2017 - 02:20 AM

Hey guys! I was wondering what this particular mod does. Since the mod author deleted all the info before I ever knew this mod existed. I saw that Rachel Amber updated this mod to 2.0b, thanks for supporting the mod!

But yeah if anyone could tell me what this mod does and if there are still any game breaking bugs or crashes that would be very helpful.

Also I am interested in downloading a HD graphics mod for this game. I heard of Vice Cry v1.8 which looks pretty good but I am not sure if something newer has been made. Since that project was finished in 2014. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

ernestin1
  • ernestin1

Its like World War VIII!

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 02 September 2017 - 03:49 AM

i dont u

Hey guys! I was wondering what this particular mod does. Since the mod author deleted all the info before I ever knew this mod existed. I saw that Rachel Amber updated this mod to 2.0b, thanks for supporting the mod!

But yeah if anyone could tell me what this mod does and if there are still any game breaking bugs or crashes that would be very helpful.

Also I am interested in downloading a HD graphics mod for this game. I heard of Vice Cry v1.8 which looks pretty good but I am not sure if something newer has been made. Since that project was finished in 2014. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

i dont use hd stuff anymore for older games, i prefer to keep the original style (specifically with gta having their own made brands, i prefer hd stuff with games like Stalker)

this mod basically makes more stuff in the game to have sense, download it and on the readme you can see all the changes

• Rachel Amber likes this

Tommy Vercetti Is #1
  • Tommy Vercetti Is #1

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 September 2017 - 06:59 PM

Ok, I get ya. So it fixes all the missions so that you know what you are doing. Because if I remember correctly the missions were very vague on what you were supposed to do, so hopefully this mod fixes that. I will check it out, thanks!

But I like using HD mods on older games, makes them feel new! So does anyone else know of any other good HD mods like Vice Cry v1.8 or is vice cry the best one out there?

LaDiDa
  • LaDiDa

I'm only human

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 September 2017 - 08:04 PM

Ok, I get ya. So it fixes all the missions so that you know what you are doing. Because if I remember correctly the missions were very vague on what you were supposed to do, so hopefully this mod fixes that. I will check it out, thanks!

But I like using HD mods on older games, makes them feel new! So does anyone else know of any other good HD mods like Vice Cry v1.8 or is vice cry the best one out there?

There's nothing great, really. Using the ps2 feels pack is probably about the best you're going to get (low res textures, but not compressed), since vice cry has some crashing potential here and there.

Rachel Amber
  • Rachel Amber

Hell Is Empty!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 02 September 2017 - 08:06 PM

i would say its the best one + some other little HD texture mods

Tommy Vercetti Is #1
  • Tommy Vercetti Is #1

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 September 2017 - 08:16 PM

All right, thanks guys! Going to try it then. Looks great to me too, especially the winter edition. Always wanted to play GTA Vice City in the snow.

ernestin1
  • ernestin1

Its like World War VIII!

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:14 AM

i only use hd mods for this kind of games when it comes to things such as an original style hq interface, weapon icons, fonts, radar, etc..

niltwill
  • niltwill

-

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:05 PM

After long bouts of inner conflicts, this crazy one is willing to update this now. Had a bit of a mental improvement (very hard to think and concentrate otherwise), some free time and some willingness. So I read the posts here and thus...

This is it.

As for the changes:

Spoiler

A few remarks:

Spoiler

(I know about how irrational and childish I can be. But willing to try some more again after cooling down period & rejuvenation.)

Now you might ask: "Why? How come? Won't you leave again?" After months of inactivity...and after claiming "no more"...just remember, people can say all sorta things when they are irrational (and not in their right mind). Well, some sort of a force can bring you back sometimes..I'll try to keep this thing updated until there's nothing left to do. May be pauses (but the dog definitely helps guiding me back to life).

• Kurropt Antagonist, -Anti-, Blackbird88 and 11 others like this

Rachel Amber
  • Rachel Amber

Hell Is Empty!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:07 PM Edited by Rachel Amber, 12 October 2017 - 11:03 PM.

OMG ITS SOO COOL YOU BACK MAN WELCOME BACK!

Anyway about the "proper get back in the" vehicle timer maybe Silent could do it? huh Silent? when you get some free time/motiation

EDIT: Sometimes game crash when you get out of a car and immediatly get a phone call with UE at number 005ace89 and also the issue that make "press tab to anwser phone call" isnt like what you said it like appeared for 1 second and then dissapeared while some other phone calls are normal and text is shown until phone stops ring

LaDiDa
  • LaDiDa

I'm only human

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:16 AM

Welcome back niltwill!
  • Terrc87 likes this

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [Modding] 2016
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:52 AM

Cool stuff! Do you know how to fork & issue pull requests on GitHub or should I just update it?

Rachel Amber
  • Rachel Amber

Hell Is Empty!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:20 PM Edited by Rachel Amber, 13 October 2017 - 01:03 PM.

BTW Niltwill can you restore missplaced pedestrian in Messing with the man? and fix it instead? or leave it glitched and dont remove it... there is a fix for this on GTA Forums and this guy is in proper position with proper skin and also fix that no appearing anwser the phone text and crash shown above ALSO new look... game crash whenever the phone ring randomly... not even when your exiting from car just random...?

EDIT: Also in a mission "Treachous a swine" you should be able to Pass the mission after Loosing the cops no matter where you are On foot or in Car.... you cant pass the mission when you'r in car  also what about incereasing health for Vercetti paid goons after 100%? now they can be killed with 5 shots from an uzi

gts.
  • gts.

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:32 PM

After a rage quit... is back? :O

zmudziak32
  • zmudziak32

Homie

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:39 AM

What? Treachous Swine only chceck wanted level no matter if you are on foot or in vehicles.

Rachel Amber
  • Rachel Amber

Hell Is Empty!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:46 AM Edited by Rachel Amber, 16 October 2017 - 05:44 PM.

What? Treachous Swine only chceck wanted level no matter if you are on foot or in vehicles.

Yes it does.... it check if your in vehicle or on foot... im not stupid i know what im saying

HERE IS THE PROOF

Spoiler

Btw Niltwill do this can be fixed? they shouldnt leave a car really...

Spoiler

And this.... Tommy doesn't stand up when you croach on the marker and this looks weird.

EDIT: One more critical issue about "Bank Job" 

When you get out of a taxi marker should disappear and appear back when you'r in taxi...

And Also Marker should dissapear when you FAIL the mission...

Look 

Also Niltwill you fixed easy kill in mission where you have to kill the courier but you dont want to fix RC plane mission hmm

TheShadowX17
  • TheShadowX17

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:42 PM Edited by TheShadowX17, 17 October 2017 - 12:46 PM.

I get an unhandled exception error after the mission stunt boat challenge, When i am close to leaf links, when the next phone call appears it crashes?. I didn't have any issues until i came across this part. Maybe it's the phone call because i noticed it happened every time when that phone call pops up, but when i am in a car it kinda stays away until i step out of the car then it pops up.

Rachel Amber
  • Rachel Amber

Hell Is Empty!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:45 PM Edited by Rachel Amber, 17 October 2017 - 01:45 PM.

yeah thats the phone calls cause the crashes... you simply gotta wait for Niltwill to fix this

TheShadowX17
  • TheShadowX17

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:17 PM

yeah thats the phone calls cause the crashes... you simply gotta wait for Niltwill to fix this

Alright thnx atleast i got to see that cut cutscene and a couple of extra audio files when entering diaz his mansion the butler or something talks, pretty awesome. I might just play without it now until there is a fix. Or maybe just bypass it by playing without the updatedSCM for that mission and phone call since i have not got any phone call issues at the beginning.

TheShadowX17
  • TheShadowX17

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:29 PM

Actually there is no way to bypass it since if you played it with the UpdatedSCM and then load your save again without it it crashes so you have to start over, So i might just start over without it since it isn't fully finished yet.

zmudziak32
  • zmudziak32

Homie

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:01 PM

Rachel you have broken game:

Rachel Amber
  • Rachel Amber

Hell Is Empty!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:38 AM Edited by Rachel Amber, 18 October 2017 - 04:38 AM.

no in original game this check is also present but this time you gotta be IN car to pass the mission while in Updated scm you have to be on foot to finish the mission while how it should be is no matter where you are mission should pass when stars are gone

Rachel Amber
  • Rachel Amber

Hell Is Empty!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 23 October 2017 - 02:03 PM

Anyway its been like.... 5 days so i think the new post would be better than editing the old one...

Niltwill could you remove those changes they kinda harm special vehicle collectors.. because UC Black Washington /: and black colours...

[*] In 'All Hands On Deck!' mission, the GiGN now arrive in the FBI Washington (instead of the regular Washington)

[*] Solid black palette used for UC vehicles changed to a lighter shade (still black).

Also can you look into this change... this is some old one but i think it doesnt work???:

[*] You can now buy food if you have 100+ HP

Also if you can please reverse this to original (we now have a fix for that instead removing this and i want to use the fix):

[*] Removed a misplaced pedestrian in the cutscene of the mission 'Messing With the Man' (only his head was visible).

Also do this is fixable?

When you kill the lady in UC Black Sentinel it still drives abit without a drive can you fix this?

look at the 2:10 of this video

Spoiler

B_Smiles
  • B_Smiles

now outta therapy and ready to date your sister!!!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 October 2017 - 02:07 PM

Why not try doing them yourself for a change instead of just demanding? The guy has only just returned and you're bombarding him..
Just saying.
  • Blackbird88, Jinx., Mega and 5 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users