Photo

GTA LCS Special Vehicle Guide

1,156 replies to this topic
RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago Edited by RationalPsycho, A day ago.

Just wow. Obtaining it is one thing, but making a video of it AND keeping a straight attitude the entire time?! You are one step above me. If I were you, I would lose my f*cking mind.

I did it pretty much the same way, with only two differences:

1. It's best to rush to the pier as fast as you can, so you have time to steal a Speeder, and position it so that it faces the direction of the Maverick, to minimize the risk of vanishing. Personally, I used a Bickle '76, which I highly recommend.

2. It's not necessary to push this thing completely out of the water. As long as its rotors are constantly spinning AND you can enter it WITHOUT drowning, you're good to go.

NOTE FOR PSP USERS: I told Lennart - via PM, now I'm saying it in public. As mentioned a few times before, I'm noticing that vehicles I take out of the garage don't vanish, unless I destroy them, or save and reload. If this is the case for you, you can leave a Heavy/WP/DP bike (preferably the Freeway or Angel, since they are the heaviest, and can be obtained ANYTIME, in case something goes wrong) in Harwood, to GREATLY aid you with the final Trial. Personally, I didn't think of this at the time I obtained the helicopter, so I did it the hard way, just like zazaza691. If your precious bike stays there, then the difficulty will be cut down by a third, and it should be possible to make it in one go, assuming "Taxi Driver" doesn't crash.

Yerdna555
  • Yerdna555

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted A day ago Edited by Yerdna555, A day ago.

I don't understand - what should I do to prevent the game from crashing when a taxi station is launched? What am I doing wrong? About 30 times I started this mission at different times of the cutscene. Zazaza this moment made absolutely no problem.

Something tells me that this can only be done on the European version on PSP, and on the USA version it is impossible :(

Lennart -
  • Lennart -

Special Vehicles Collector

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A day ago

I have the same problem. I never made it on one ppsspp (pc version) because the game crashed. But when I started using ppsspp (on my phone), it worked. I don't know why this happens. I guess you could try changing your settings... as far as I know, taxi driver is the only thing that works so there is nothing else we can do.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted A day ago Edited by MetalMilitia89, A day ago.

PPSSPP, Emulators.  NONE of it is the real deal.  We've been over this in now THREE GUIDES and almost dating back a FULL YEAR at this point.  People testing something on Emulator.  It works.  Go to try it on a REAL PSP or REAL PS2, game crashes, problems occur.  It's also why I am in no hurry to add anything into the Guide.  Most times I will be explaining and saying...."If you're lucky, hopefully "this" will happen."

One rule of thumb.  If something is not tested and confirmed on PSP, PS2, or Mobile.  It's still unobtainable.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention when I took the Photos of the 5th Save, that, despite the DP/FP/PP/TP/EC Cheetah is kinda "stuck" on top of the DP/FP/PP/TP/EC Deimos SP, I CAN get it out of the Garage.  When it comes to the Portland Garage, BEFORE I make my final backup of the Save, I reload and take the 4 Vehicles out of the Portland Garage just to see if I can.  If I can, then it's all done.  If not, I'd have to reload an older Save and make a new plan of how to store them.  Not ALL Vehicles can be stored in that horrible Garage.  Only certain Vehicles fit and can get them out afterwards.

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago Edited by RationalPsycho, A day ago.

I don't understand - what should I do to prevent the game from crashing when a taxi station is launched? What am I doing wrong?

Currently nothing. Seems completely hit-or-miss at this point. If you're playing on emulator, make a Save State on the pier where you park the Taxi, BEFORE starting the mission, with the "Bumps And Grinds" setup. If it fails, reload from there. The game seems to somehow determine whether it crashes or not from THE START of the mission, rather than the moment you trigger "Taxi Driver". I had the same problem; it always crashed, but that one time, it always worked.

I'm experiencing the same issue with "Bringing the House Down". Converting to AP/TP AND failing the mission is impossible for me, even if I'm using Police vehicles. It's one-time only, so I get to choose wisely.

zazaza691
  • zazaza691

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 22 hours ago

I don't know guys. I don't have any problems with Maverick. It works EVERY time, so I can't help you. I tried on different saves and on different game versions.

Lennart -
  • Lennart -

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 22 hours ago

What are your emulator settings?

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 20 hours ago

Am I seriously going to be the ONLY ONE who's going to be obtaining ALL of these OM0 Vehicles...................With Bumps and Grinds passed already?  Every Video I see, it's never passed, lol...

Has anyone even tried it with it passed yet and succeeded?

zazaza691
  • zazaza691

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 20 hours ago

Am I seriously going to be the ONLY ONE who's going to be obtaining ALL of these OM0 Vehicles...................With Bumps and Grinds passed already?  Every Video I see, it's never passed, lol...

For what reason? It's COMPLETELY the same, just more time consuming, because you can't press X. And I have a video where B&G passed.

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 hours ago

Although I know little-to-nothing about technical stuff, to me, emulator settings don't make sense. Unless it has something to do with FPS or something. Maybe this affects where the game decides to spawn the closest fare when starting "Taxi Driver", and subsequently whether it crashes or not. Who knows, though.

Me. Not yet completing it makes it easier to move forward. But there is a method on PSP, where you can look to the left or right, in a drive-by position, and accelerate forward. Can't look what's going on in front of you, but still possible. Don't know how-and-if this works on the PS2, though.

Lennart -
  • Lennart -

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 18 hours ago Edited by Lennart -, 18 hours ago.

https://youtu.be/zO2tw6FM394
Its possible but its 5-20 times harder. Because you have to use the time with watching out or you waste a lot if playing time driving backwards. Thats the reason, I'ven't touched B&G on my starter save

For what reason? It's COMPLETELY the same, just more time consuming, because you can't press X. And I have a video where B&G passed.

Exactly, just a waste of time because you cant drive in a straight line since the drive-by function on ps2 doesnt work like the one on psp.

Although I know little-to-nothing about technical stuff, to me, emulator settings don't make sense. Unless it has something to do with FPS or something. Maybe this affects where the game decides to spawn the closest fare when starting "Taxi Driver", and subsequently whether it crashes or not. Who knows, though.
I think, the settings "hardware transform" have somthing to do with crash and pass. Maybe language settings but I doubt it.

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 hours ago

So, you can't move forward on PS2 after completing every course during the OM0 setup. Another boon for PSP! :lol:

Well, MAYBE language settings, German in particular (remember the censored versions?), do make a difference. Have you tried to change it to English, to see what happens?

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 18 hours ago

Nice!  An extra challenge.  Will be the first to obtain ALL, not just one or a couple, Vehicles using Bumps and Grinds with all 10 passed...

At the end of the day, I don't even care that much.  My main 7 100% Saves are always going to the alpha male and the dominant Saves over any OM0 sh*t so as long as those are done with and I get all 83 Special Vehicles I intended to get in the 7 Saves since I started in February, I am happy.

Lennart -
  • Lennart -

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 18 hours ago

You can still drive forward but you look a drunk fool. Not being able to drive is only then a problem if you are chased.
May your main saves be alpha but om0 vehicles are f*cking impressive.

I always play on english and the pc ppsspp lcs version I use is exactly the same as the mobile ppsspp lcs version i use.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 17 hours ago

Considering I just hold L2 and R2 when driving in LCS so NO TRAFFIC SPAWNS in front of me, I've practically mastered driving in this game using the Radar alone, without even looking forward.  Know where all the curves in the roads are so I know where to turn, even without looking.  Just like the Method in SA PC to flick camera up and down to get rid of traffic in front of you.  Well, in LCS for PS2, I know how to do it where NO traffic whatsoever spawns and gets in my way when driving by just holding L2 and R2 and looking behind me, while I drive forward.  I've BEEN driving without even looking for so long now in this game.  I keep saying LCS PS2 Traffic sucks ass, so I found a way to get rid of it.  The moment I let go of L2 and R2?  Tons of traffic appears in front of me.  Keep holding L2 and R2?  Not a single Vehicle exists in traffic, basically...

So when I finish my OM0 Saves and come to the conclusion they are useless and NOT impressive, I will just let them wither away and move onto VCS, lol...

I find it more impressive to do the game to 100% x7.  Minimum Stats x7.  12 Special Vehicles in each Save x7.  Has anyone even finished ONE Save like this or am I going to finish 7 of them before someone finishes 1?  If you haven't noticed, every single week I finish a Save.  Each Save is in the 18 Hours for the Total Playing Time except the 1st Save.  It doesn't take very long, so why not do a bunch of Saves and get everything that exists?

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 hours ago

I obtained most, if not all vehicles that require "Bumps And Grinds", with all 10 courses passed, even before I learned about the drive-by method. It's nothing to be proud of, though.

How do you define an "alpha male" Save, anyway? What does this even mean?

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 17 hours ago Edited by MetalMilitia89, 17 hours ago.

Alpha Male just means dominant.  Same way I look at Platforms.  Mobile is my "side" secondary, just for fun, not taken serious Platform, with PS2/3 being my dominant where all my work is way better than anything I have done and will do on Mobile Platforms.  Just like Slot 1?  The most prized Save, followed by weaker and weaker Saves as I progress.  By Save File 7?  Hardly anything worthy of obtaining, but still 11 Vehicles left (EC Speeder and 10 DP/TP Vehicles), however, still getting them and that Save also will be 113 Attempts, which is my lowest and actually the absolute lowest you can get in LCS, anyways.  If you have 100% and passed everything required for 100% without failing, you get 113.

But yeah, I am not into playing casually.  I go big or I don't go at all.  I also never said it was easier, or harder.  That's what "others" are saying.  Regardless if something is easier or harder is irrelevant.  Just like getting those H/DP/PP Vehicles with OM0 or the Race Vehicles.  Something easier, right?  But Idc what is easier or harder.  Bumps and Grinds 10 Courses are passed in my Starter Save.  So the way I am going to obtain all of these is like that, with them passed.

There is a reason why I do OM0 Saves LAST, and AFTER all my "main" Saves are taken care of.  It's just for fun, and I don't take those Vehicles and Methods very seriously.  Just like I don't take Mobile very seriously.  How come I only have ONE Save for LCS on Mobile and NINE for PS2?  Oh yeah, cuz I don't care about Mobile.  One Save is good enough for a Platform I could careless about.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users