GTA LCS Special Vehicle Guide

1,937 replies to this topic
MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:03 PM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 06 May 2016 - 10:05 PM.

You'll get it! ;)  Keep trying!  Yeah, if you think this one is tough, try getting the H/EP Speeder, which also is a PSP Exclusive.  If you think pushing the Sindacco Argento carcass is brutal, try the Speeder.  That's the KING of difficult Special Vehicles in LCS, but I wouldn't recommend getting it since it's so useless and more of just a Trophy.  It blows up SO easily...

But yeah, good luck!  Pushing the Heavy Vehicles are an absolute nightmare.  At least you can push it using a Vehicle and not worry about how hard you hit it or if it blows up, like PS2 Users face.  The H/TP/EC Banshee is a hell of an ordeal since it can't be blown up on PS2, but on PSP, it can, and since it can, it's a hell of a lot easier to obtain.

However, if you're getting the H/DP/PP/EC Kuruma and H/DP/FP/PP Sindacco Argento, how will you get the H/DP/PP/TP/EC Banshee?  Not only is the Banshee the best Vehicle in the game, it also LOOKS the best, too.  I love the Banshee painted Black with the White Stripe.  Looks beautiful! :D :)  Having it in Heavy/DP form is unbelievably amazing, too!

Technically, like in jam8tone's Video to get the Banshee, you can have a full Garage but have to remove them while the Banshee wreck is sitting at the Garage, but once you renew the Banshee, you will have to put your other Vehicles back in the Garage and then use the Banshee to complete the final couple Portland Story Missions and drive it across the Callahan Bridge to the SI Garage after you pass "Driving Mr. Leone," the final Portland Story Mission...

Misunderstood
  • Misunderstood

Keep up, motherf*cker!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:15 PM Edited by Misunderstood, 06 May 2016 - 10:19 PM.

Yeah, that's what I was planning. Gonna get the Banshee then use that car to pass the last few Portland missions. No way am I missing out on the banshee. Not only is it my favorite car in both III and LCS, but now I can obtain with a unique color and some proofs. If for some reason that doesn't work out, I'll get rid of the Kuruma. I prefer the Sindacco to it anyways. I won't be getting the Speeder (Don't really care for special boats thought obviously on repeated playthroughs, I'll get them eventually) but I will get that PSP exclusive Maverick. And next time I do LCS, I'm doing it on PS2. f*ck these controls lol. I'll just have starter saves on both PS2 and PSP but PS2 will be my main one. 

EDIT: f*ck, was so close to the safehouse then Ma's stupid hitmen came after me lol. Well, here we go again. Hopefully I can flip it this time.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2016 - 12:16 AM

I actually don't like the Banshee at all in III and LCS.  I prefer a Cheetah or Stinger, however, the H/DP/PP/TP/EC Banshee is much better than just a regular Banshee since it handles much better since it has a much greater weight to it from the Heavy Property.  I usually fish tail in the Banshee unlike the Cheetah and Stinger, but since it's Heavy, that never happens.  It just stays so planted to the ground and plows everything out of the way like nothing...

The only cool Boat in LCS imo is the BP/EP/FP Speeder.  Perhaps, it's actually AP, but the DP Property doesn't "work" on Boats.  This is like in VC, there is the BP/EP/FP PCJ-600, but it's technically AP, but DP doesn't "work" on Bikes in VC.  Even the EP/FP Squalo in VC, the one I never obtain since I obtain the BP/EP/FP Squalo, is actually DP/EP/FP, but DP also doesn't "work" on Boats in VC.  Some of the properties are strange.  I am surprised you can obtain a DP Sanchez in LCS and I am surprised you can obtain an AP Yola in VCS...

Yeah, no matter what PS2 is the best way to play the 3D Era, imo...

When obtaining the Banshee on PS2, you have to also be careful of Ma's Hitmen.  I could of got really f*cked over when I obtained it on PS2 a couple months back, but I got lucky.  A Hitman came on two separate occasions, but luckily nothing serious happened.  Since you can push it back quickly, you should not run into any problems whatsoever...

You'll get it.  Progress is what counts...As long as you're making progress, you'll get it...

• /_/_Xrtist_/_/ likes this

Misunderstood
  • Misunderstood

Keep up, motherf*cker!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2016 - 07:41 PM Edited by Misunderstood, 07 May 2016 - 08:04 PM.

sh*t, is it possible to fit the Kuruma and Sindacco in the Portland garage? Seems impossible. Not sure of sh*t seeing how I barely play LCS.

EDIT: I managed to cram it in but I won't be able to enter either of them the way I did and might not be able to get behind them and push them out. Guess I'll get rid of the Kuruma then. Not a car I'll miss, I shall say.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2016 - 08:33 PM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 07 May 2016 - 08:56 PM.

On PSP, sometimes the game allows you to teleport into a Vehicle if the doors are blocked.  This works for LCS on PSP, but on PS2, it doesn't work.  Strangely enough, in VCS on PS2, I can teleport into Vehicles when the doors are blocked off, but not in LCS on PS2...

So even if the Kuruma and Sindacco Argento are crammed in there, you might be able to drive them out and teleport inside of them.  However, it's dodgy and sometimes doesn't work, even on PSP.  I've seen it in jam8tone's Videos with him teleporting into a Vehicle inside the Portland Garage.  It's why I obtained SPECIFIC Cars that I KNEW would fit side by side.  Some people don't even want to do that and get ONE Car inside there, plus THREE Bikes...I prefer TWO Cars and TWO Bikes, depending on the Vehicle Combination...

Even with my Vehicle Combination, it still takes about 5, sometimes even 10 minutes to push the Vehicle out of the Portland Garage.  That Garage sucks so bad.  It reminds me of the size of Dillimore in SA...

EDIT: Looking back at my Photos, when I got the H/DP/PP Sindacco Argento for my 5th Save File on PS2, I had JUST that in the Garage in Portland before unlocking SI, actually.  However, the Kuruma and the Banshee easily sit side by side in Portland as I have both of them on Mobile in my Photos...

SuperSisley
  • SuperSisley

Crackhead

• Members
  • China

Posted 24 May 2016 - 06:33 PM

Is there any way to duping in LCS ?

(I just found that we can duping in VCS, so I'm full of curiosity)

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2016 - 06:39 PM Edited by Bender.ㅤ, 24 May 2016 - 08:28 PM.

Yes you can, there are few vehicles already that were found that you can obtain, for example Maverick from Calm Before the Storm is obtainable now, but you have to store it in Portland garage...
Perhaps i should dig intro the carcolors.dat and main.scm here for some UC vehicles, since here its very easy to define Immunited/Special Colored Vehicles when you use Mobile version carcolors/main.scm 

(Duping not possible on Mobile*** - i tried with touch controls/joystick already)
Works great on PSP/PS2
Also i found that you can get RC Bandit with duping, requires 2 deaths and can be only obtained on PSP (So far)

---
Little mistake in Guide:

Spoiler

Actually Bumper is White but game shows it as grey proof:
Code when Bobcat spawns on mission

00A5: $3978 = create_car 153 at 289.3992 -333.8134 -6.8967 
022E: set_car $3978 color_to 1 1 
017A: set_car $3978 z_angle_to 287.8705 

Code for White from carcols.dat

202,202,202			# 1 white				white
  • MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:32 PM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 24 May 2016 - 08:59 PM.

I need more Special Vehicles in LCS!

...Actually, I don't :D :p  I have 74 on PS2 and 12 on iOS.  All Saves are 100% with Minimum Stats.  LCS is done for me, unless some major stuff is found...Same with VCS.  I will only look into LCS and VCS if more is found since I already have 7 Saves for LCS and 3 Saves for VCS.  74 Special Vehicles in LCS, and all the good ones and 36 Special Vehicles in VCS and all the good ones...

About those Bumpers, yeah, even the Patriots who have "Chrome Plated Bumpers," they actually aren't Chrome.  They are Black, which makes them look shinier than normal, thus Chrome.

SuperSisley
  • SuperSisley

Crackhead

• Members
  • China

Posted 25 May 2016 - 05:32 AM

It looks like that VCS can duping by the same way.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2016 - 11:07 AM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 25 May 2016 - 11:08 AM.

Yeah, this stuff works in LCS/VCS, but it hardly "works" to obtain Special Vehicles.  It's not as technical as doing it in SA to trick the game into thinking you're doing something else.  Things don't go as planned usually when you try something in LCS/VCS.

Only a Unique RC Bandit has been discovered using this Trick in LCS and it's a PSP Exclusive and requires 2 Deaths.  Doesn't sound promising.  Then in VCS, the EC Maverick has been discovered and can be obtained, but it's not the AP/EC Maverick from the same Mission, which would of been better if THAT one could be obtained.  But all in all, nothing ground breaking has been founded in LCS/VCS using such Tricks like how tons has been found in SA.  But even SA, it's too dirty for my liking.  Tons of Mission Failures + Deaths in the Stats just for a handful more Special Vehicles, which, at this point, are useless since you can convert anything to AP at the end of the day, anyways...And without Mission Failures or Deaths in the Stats...

thehambone
  • thehambone

Don't remind me of home Or I might notice where I am

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 May 2016 - 09:25 PM

Quad-Damage (QD) Vehicles
QD vehicles are vehicles that can take 4 times the collision damage as normal vehicles. This property is usually referred to as Double-Damage (DD) in other guides, but this name is incorrect. You can read more about the QD property here.

Here is a list of the QD vehicles in LCS, found by looking through main.scm. Not all vehicles in this list are obtainable.
  • Avenger from Avenging Angels reward
  • Landstalker from See the Sight Before Your Flight reward
  • RC cars in RC races
  • Kuruma in Smash and Grab
  • Yankee in A Volatile Situation
  • Maverick in Calm Before the Storm
  • Leone Sentinel in The Made Man
  • Sentinel in A Walk in the Park
  • Sindacco Argento in Taking the Peace
  • Bobcat in Love & Bullets
  • Firetruck in Karmageddon (both the mission and side mission)
  • Speeder in Dead Reckoning
  • Maverick in The Sicilian Gambit
  • Rumpo in Bringing Down the House
  • Securicar in Cash Clash
  • Maverick in Cash in Kazuki's Chips
There are a few vehicles I could not quite identify from main.scm, they are:
  • Something in Grease Sucho
  • Something in The Sicilian Gambit (Speeder?)
  • Opponents' vehicles in races?
  • MorsPrincipiumEst and RationalPsycho like this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 28 May 2016 - 10:51 PM

This is very interesting stuff!  Thanks for posting!!! ;)

In Grease Sucho, the FP/PP/TP/EC Cars have WAY more Health than normal, or perhaps QD, and maybe this is what you are thinking.

The only Special Vehicle in The Sicilian Gambit is the Speeder you and Salvatore are riding on.  It's H/EP, but it's a PSP Exclusive.  I didn't know it was also QD...

And yeah, not only Grease Sucho, but ALL of the Races have FP/PP/TP/EC Cars and FP/PP/EC Bikes.  All of them have a lot more Health or they are QD...

• thehambone likes this

Fooking Rekt
  • Fooking Rekt

Special Vehicle Collector

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 29 May 2016 - 06:53 AM

Can you add these into the Guide? I don't want to find myself accidentally skipping a vehicle :D

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2016 - 09:43 AM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 29 May 2016 - 10:49 AM.

Uh...Most of them are already in the Guide and the ones that aren't are unobtainable anyways, like the RC Vehicles, Mavericks, and Yankee.  Everything else is already in the Guide.  A lot of these are Special Vehicles even without QD applied to them.  QD is just an added bonus property I didn't know.  Besides, with the Crusher in LCS existing and the ability to make DP Vehicles, QD is kind of obsolete and not really needed.  Now, with the Karmageddon Fire Trucks or the Avenger from Avenging Angels, etc, etc, THESE are really cool since Bikes or the Fire Truck can't be made into DP...

But yeah, 97% of what he listed is already in the Guide since they have been Special Vehicles already with other properties other than QD...

@thehambone, what is the difference between QD and Increased Health?  Like, the FP/EC Maverick in Calm Before the Storm, it has 99,999 Health.  But you also say it's QD.  Or the H/EC Kuruma in Smash and Grab.  It has 9,999 Health, but how would one know it's QD unless they looked in the Scripts?  What is the actual difference between QD and Increased Health?

thehambone
  • thehambone

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2016 - 05:15 PM Edited by thehambone, 29 May 2016 - 05:17 PM.

Increased health means the vehicle has increased protection from all forms of damage (minus tire pops): collision damage, explosion damage, fire damage, bullet damage, and melee damage. While the vehicle has increased protection from these events, the vehicle's health is not infinite and will deplete over time, which means repeated damage to the vehicle will eventually cause it to explode. (This is not the same as a proof because a proofed vehicle will never lose health when attacked by whatever it's proofed against.) QD, on the other hand, simply means the vehicle can take four times the collision damage as a normal vehicle. So, for example, a QD vehicle will still take the same number of MP5 bullets, grenades, molotovs, etc. to blow it up, but it'll take four times as many wall impacts to make it catch fire as a non-QD vehicle.

Another important thing to note on the difference between increased health and QD is QD is storable in garages, whereas increased health is not. When a vehicle with increased health is stored in a garage, it's health is reverted back to the default value of 1000. But QD is stored as a special property, just like BP, DP, EP, FP, PP, H, etc.

You can tell if a vehicle is QD without looking at the scripts by ramming it into walls or other cars and seeing how long it takes to start smoking and catch fire. It should be pretty clear that if the vehicle doesn't start smoking until after 8 hits (or somewhere around there), then it's probably QD. You can rule out the possibility of it having increased health by first storing the vehicle in a garage, if possible. As mentioned above, storing a vehicle in a garage will revert it back to its default health.

I'm not sure why Rockstar opted to put 9999+ health on some vehicles and also make them QD. It seems like overkill to me. Regardless, there are a few vehicles on your list that are also QD (and one that's not on your list) and I feel like you should note them as such:
  • Leone Sentinel in The Made Man
  • Sentinel in A Walk in the Park
  • Bobcat in Love & Bullets
  • Firetruck in Karmageddon (also PP)

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2016 - 05:21 PM

Very interesting indeed!  Thanks for the information.

I will update this Guide, as well as something in my VC Guide in the coming week or so.  I like to get a handful of things I need to update and then do one big mass updating through all the Guides than one thing at a time, etc.

• thehambone likes this

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 May 2016 - 05:50 PM

so does "QD" save in garage then?

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2016 - 06:15 PM

Another important thing to note on the difference between increased health and QD is QD is storable in garages

Yes.  It stores in the Garage.  I'd imagine it does in VCS, too.  It's just not storable in III, VC or SA.

thehambone
  • thehambone

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2016 - 06:52 PM Edited by thehambone, 29 May 2016 - 06:52 PM.

It's just not storable in III, VC or SA.

I'm not even sure QD exists in III/VC/SA.

Fooking Rekt
  • Fooking Rekt

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 29 May 2016 - 06:55 PM

It does. UC Vincent from the Mafia

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:09 PM

But it doesn't save in the Garage.  Like LCS/VCS, which save Heavy Properties, UH, PP, WP, TP, PC, etc, etc, it also saves QD.  Whereas III, VC, and SA do NOT.

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 May 2016 - 09:20 PM

Who said you can store Maverick in Portland, since i can't store it by any means.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2016 - 09:25 PM

Gabriel said that and I questioned it ever since.  You absolutely CAN NOT by any means obtain the FP/EC Black Maverick from Calm Before the Storm and store it in Portland.  Absolutely not.  Only way to obtain that would be to leave it in memory while completing the final Portland Story Missions and hope it doesn't despawn.  Then you can fly it to SI and store it there...It's not gonna be easy and nobody has done it ever.

People have left the BP Triad Fish Van in memory while finishing Portland, though, and that is even more Story Missions to go through compared to Calm Before the Storm...

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 May 2016 - 09:31 PM Edited by Bender.ㅤ, 29 May 2016 - 09:36 PM.

Even when you park the Maverick at the end of Garage + wing little bit to side or Opposite (Wing in garage and the front bit to side) it will vanish.

Perhaps there is Mission Tree:

YuFZDDv.png

BTW, i found the way to keep it outside of mission, just storing it is a problem.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2016 - 09:41 PM

So it's obtainable for sure?  I never even saw it being obtained and heard that it doesn't work since there is no way to pass/fail the Mission whilst keeping that Maverick...

For just being FP/EC, it's not worth the trouble as I always just get the Unique Maverick from False Idols and pass the Mission while doing so.  You can get a FP Maverick without EC from The Passion of the Heist, but only on PSP and that, too, can pass the Mission...

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 May 2016 - 09:47 PM

It is obtainable as long as you can save it, otherwise it will vanish, well you can race with it...

Fooking Rekt
  • Fooking Rekt

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 29 May 2016 - 09:47 PM

If it's obtainable, i will surely get it in FP/UC form.

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 May 2016 - 09:49 PM

If it's obtainable, i will surely get it in FP/UC form.

Sorry PSP/PS2 "Exclusive"

Fooking Rekt
  • Fooking Rekt

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 29 May 2016 - 09:56 PM

Ugh does it require duping? **

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 May 2016 - 09:58 PM Edited by Bender.ㅤ, 29 May 2016 - 10:37 PM.

Ofcourse! Otherwise Maverick vanish no matter what you do like, you must know how you steal maverick fly away and you die, yeah there is no way without duping.

//

I Obtained it lol, fully, loaded game even after restart of game. Its very easy to get it.

I will make a whole video tomorrow i promise it will be like 40min video...

Only for TRUE COLLECTORS.

Here is screenshot:

zd6XoC2.jpg

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users