Quantcast

» «
Photo

Which mission do you think is the best in GTA IV?

83 replies to this topic
Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:05 AM

Many people say Three Leaf Clover but Flatline was the best and the one that sticks out for me. The freedom the mission gave you was insane. You could approach it from many angles (stealth being the one I chose). It was really cool and a different type of mission. Three Leaf Clover was just a generic shootout tbh.  Am I the only one who thinks TLC is overrated? 

Uncle Vlad was also a really good one. Although nothing special in terms of gameplay, it was the point where the game's story really kicked off. 

Flatline was really cool in terms of different approaches although in saying that it's a bummer that no matter if you choice to go stealth or all guns blazing you still end up getting a wanted level either way.

My favourite method is dressing up in the scrubs and pulling Anthony's life support, but it sucks you can't sneak away Agent 47 style like the stealth approach in Final Interview.

It's the only part I dislike, but still a great mission.:)

*DERGaming
  • *DERGaming

I am back

• Members
  • United-States
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 03 May 2017 - 03:01 AM

Spoilers

The Holland play I thought was very good in terms of story and you really can feel the sad feeling in killing Dayne and the satisfying feeling of killing Playboy X. Some really good stuff in terms of story is really great here as well I got the chills the moment Playboy X asked me to kill Dwayne and then after Dwayne called and asked me to call playboy I could feel the pressure of the choice of who I should stay loyal to was like a punch in the gut however I made the right decision that greedy asshole deserved it.
  • Jeansowaty, Neon_Dreaming and EtherTakeover like this

Rocky0910
  • Rocky0910

SneakinSwag™

• Members
  • India

Posted 06 May 2017 - 05:30 AM

I'd go with 3 leaf clover. 

Gettin up
  • Gettin up

Thug

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 06 May 2017 - 05:35 AM Edited by Gettin up, 06 May 2017 - 05:37 AM.

Three leaf clover but besides that No 1. where you get the comet with Brucie and the one where you go to rob the Mafia with Packie and his buds, can't remember the name of that mission.

AlexGambino150
  • AlexGambino150

Humble Beast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2017 - 10:28 PM Edited by AlexGambino150, 06 May 2017 - 10:30 PM.

Three leaf clover but besides that No 1. where you get the comet with Brucie and the one where you go to rob the Mafia with Packie and his buds, can't remember the name of that mission.

Waste Not Want Knots

On-Topic: Three Leaf Clover, Blow Your Cover, Musuem Piece, That Special Someone, Late Checkout, and Pest Control.

Idkgoogleit
  • Idkgoogleit

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 May 2017 - 07:14 PM

ohhh three leaf clover but so close behind is museum piece

Davao
  • Davao

GTA 4 Rules!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 May 2017 - 08:19 AM

Snow Storm.

For me it was hugely exciting and trying to escape from the cops was a lot of fun, I really enjoyed it. 

A lot of missions I love, but Snow Storm is number 1 for me.

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

EtherTakeover
  • EtherTakeover

Player Hater

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 03 June 2017 - 06:30 AM

Three Leaf Clover,The Holland Play,Hostile Negotation,and A Revenger's Tradegy.I picked Three Leaf Clover,because of the sheer intensity.The Holland Play for introducing one of the most important choices in the game.Hostile Negotation,because it really is epic,and finally A Revenger's Tradegy for the outsanding atmosphere.

SanLiberty
  • SanLiberty

What are you looking at?

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 09 June 2017 - 02:19 PM Edited by SanLiberty, 21 June 2017 - 06:23 PM.

All of them are great.

SabreGT
  • SabreGT

And the winner by knockout is...!

• BUSTED!
  • England

Posted 11 July 2017 - 06:22 PM Edited by SabreGT7, 11 July 2017 - 06:28 PM.

Hostile Negotiation for its intensity & the fact it shows how much Nicky really cares about Roman. 

Also, I always liked Museum Piece mainly for the appearance of all three protags. I also adore the first scene, so either you give me your word or go f*ck yourself, I'm sick of this sh*t! it might just be my favourite scene in the game.

Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend is also pretty awesome, You selfish piece of cocksucking sh*t!  :lol:

• theGTAking101 likes this

Ertan Soner
  • Ertan Soner

Thunderstorm

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:26 PM

Three leaf clover, Museum piece and Truck Hustle

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:33 AM

After playing through I'll "Take Her" last night it's easily my favourite non-combat mission. The dialogue exchange between Niko and Gracie is hilarious (I'll scratch out your eyes. Scratch my f*cking balls) and it's cool trying to keep control of the car during the struggle.

It just goes to show how well a relatively simple mission can be executed.

• simonp92, eCola and Neon_Dreaming like this

KonradGM
  • KonradGM

GM of himself

• Members

Posted 11 August 2017 - 12:38 PM

Hostline negotation is probably my favorite "action/combat" oriented mission + storywise it is great.

Gameplay and design wise i liked the Blow your cover, it wasn't over the top but the way it worked with environment was great, and storywise it is criminal drug exchange, so i liked it.

• Algonquin Assassin and eCola like this

thynthetic
  • thynthetic

Player Hater

• New Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:14 PM

Harboring a Grudge is really underrated in my opinion 

• Algonquin Assassin and EtherTakeover like this

Alexlecj
  • Alexlecj

Player Hater

• Members
  • France

Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:59 AM

A Dish Served Cold was a pretty good one.

The location and the target of the mission are both incredibly meaningful, and the shootout is fine.

• AuSsIeThUnDeR36 likes this

Zolika1351
  • Zolika1351

Ladies, hide your titties!

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:32 PM Edited by Zolika1351, 19 August 2017 - 10:33 PM.

Crime and Punishment
I actually laughed the first time when Roman just hopped back into the dumpster.
Although the mission itself wasn't the best, the cutscene was just perfect
"Okay, your dad likes it up the ass"
  • Jacek_K likes this

Rockstargames32490
  • Rockstargames32490

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:59 PM

I like the mission for Elizabeta where her and little Jacob are like yelling and screaming at each other in the beginning of the mission--Pretty sure it was like "Snow Storm" or something where u have to get the coke at the hospital and where Michelle reveals she's a Cop or whatever

Gokuzbu
  • Gokuzbu

Luis and Niko will not be touched by Trevor.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

Lure left a big impression on me. I love how it ends up different for most people. I actually would like short creative missions like that to coincide with the big ones where you gun down waves of enemies. I think not every mission has to be an over the top Michael Bay fest. You need peaks and valleys so the big moments stand out more. I actually think that's what GTA V got wrong. TBOGT got away with it because it was a short DLC and you would feel ripped off if you weren't doing big events.

• Algonquin Assassin, theGTAking101, Jeansowaty and 1 other like this

simond1986
  • simond1986

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

friend request

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Long way to fall is a good mission. I like how the music gets louder and louder as you approach the apartment.

• theGTAking101 and Jeansowaty like this

Ertan Soner
  • Ertan Soner

Thunderstorm

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted A week ago

friend request

We are talking about 4 here not 5.........

JB1982
  • JB1982

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

I guess in terms of gameplay I have to agree with a lot of others and go with Three Leaf Clover. Just superb and one of the best missions in a GTA game IMO.

But sometimes I love the more simpler missions such as Roman's Sorrow where there's in depth conversation or a pithy one liner and character/story development. Same with all GTA's.

• Algonquin Assassin and simonp92 like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted A week ago

Missions like Roman's Sorrow are great for a pivotal moment in the story. Sometimes I just prefer to listen to the character's talk about what they're going through.

Not all missions have to have shootouts, chases, explosions etc. Roman's Sorrow is one of the best examples I can think of where you're really doing nothing more than driving from point A to point B.
  • simonp92 and JB1982 like this

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted A week ago Edited by simonp92, A week ago.

Besides "Three Leaf Clover" which everyone always mentions, I like "To live an die in Alderney" quite abit. Just like the afore mentioned mission, you can really feel the tension the whole way through. 

EDIT: @ Algonquinn Assassin. That's a good point. I don't wanna turn this into a GTA IV VS GTA V thread, but that was a really great example of a mission driving the plot forward in a well done manner, as opposed to "Hang Ten", which just had a very short drive with no dialogue, no urgency and really no point. 

• theGTAking101 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users