Quantcast

» «
Photo

Which mission do you think is the best in GTA IV?

76 replies to this topic
Raj Brunner
  • Raj Brunner

"There is no knowledge that is not power"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:27 PM

I've recently made one for GTA V, and I decided to make one for GTA IV. My favorite would be the 3 Leaf Clover and Out of Commission.

• ESAgamer503 likes this

LittleWeasel
  • LittleWeasel

Ban this account, please.

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:36 PM

To me:

1) A Dish Severed Cold.

2) Three Leaf Clover.

3) Uncle Vlad. 

• Femme Fatale likes this

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:27 PM

I think Blow Your Cover is pretty awesome because you get a heap of NOOSE and you get a heap of SMG ammo, plus it opens up Algonquin. There's something cool about escaping from the police with a dude riding shotgun on a motorcycle across the bridge to the big apple.
It brings back memories for me this mission. I remember it being one of those 'oh sh**' moments and confusion of which way to get out of there, with scary looking swat dudes in their ninja gear around every corner! It scared the crap out of me first time I played this mission.
  • Gunnalingus, albanyave and Errbahdy like this

zuckmeslow
  • zuckmeslow

Writer/Director

• Members
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 04 April 2016 - 11:00 PM

A Long Way to Fall and Holland Nights. 

• Jeansowaty likes this

HoleInTheSky
  • HoleInTheSky

Killing some f*cking Deadbeats!

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 April 2016 - 11:11 PM

Initially I found Three Leaf Clover to be the best, for its pacing, build up and climactic feel. Escaping via the underground was also a nice touch, but in later playthroughs I always  found Roman's Sorrow to be the best. I know it's essentially a driving mission, but in terms of story it's a huge shift and takes Niko down unexpected paths that opened up a load of new story arcs. That end mission jingle never fails so send sombre shivers. 

• Gunnalingus, albanyave and Errbahdy like this

Xiled
  • Xiled

The Truth

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:34 AM

I wouldn't say best mission but I love doing the Jon Gravelli missions since they give you a lot of freedom during the missions.

Three Leaf Clover is one of the best as well.

• Gold-NBayse and Cmajor like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:37 AM

Museum Piece because it's the most important mission in the "impossible trinity" saga and because it's incredibly fun in its own regard. Also it's open ended and not as linear as some other missions.

• albanyave, vnus_dmlo, Wu-Tang Forever and 2 others like this

Gold-NBayse
  • Gold-NBayse

Busta till the end

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 April 2016 - 01:06 AM

I don't know why but I really like Snow Storm now. It used to give me trouble but I love the atmosphere and also because of my personal escape route.
  • Gunnalingus likes this

Misunderstood
  • Misunderstood

Keep up, motherf*cker!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 April 2016 - 01:28 AM

Gotta agree with SOL. Museum Piece is great. Also, another mission I really liked was the Truck Hustle one, I think. Where you hang on the truck and have to climb your way to the front. 

• Algonquin Assassin and albanyave like this

ThiagoBass
  • ThiagoBass

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 April 2016 - 02:17 AM

Wast Not Want Knots, Three Leaf Clover, Russian Revolution, Trespass, Hostile negotiation, Museum Piece, Holland Nights and many others.

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 05 April 2016 - 05:29 AM Edited by Osho, 05 April 2016 - 05:30 AM.

All the missions ( and phone calls ) that involve interesting conversations of Niko with his cousin Roman Bellic; the only bright spot of the storyline, cool, funny, optimistic character in what we see him sharing thoughts and repeatedly advising Niko, trying to put sense into his idiot cousin. While as a player, Roman keeps me invested into the story, but not able to shake off this feeling that Niko cared very little in the end to what Roman ( and many others ) advised him and keeps you slogging through the tedious, boring tasks in order to suffer his habitual pattern of making mistakes, one after another.
Roman really with his performance overshadows his cousin in all those moments, making Niko look like a mediocre supporting character.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 05 April 2016 - 07:01 AM

Gotta agree with SOL. Museum Piece is great. Also, another mission I really liked was the Truck Hustle one, I think. Where you hang on the truck and have to climb your way to the front. 

Truck Hustle is pretty cool. Also I'll Take Her. I think it's hilarious when Gracie's bitching and Niko punches her in the face just to get some peace and quiet lol.

• Wu-Tang Forever, Misunderstood and Videogames888 like this

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Scavenger

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 05 April 2016 - 08:04 AM

Picking just one is hard. Three Leaf Clover certainly stole the show, but there were other just as good missions. The Master and the Molotov, Hostile Negotiation, Deconstruction for Beginners, Snow Storm, Museum Piece, A Long Way To Fall, Tunnel of Death, Late Checkout, No Way on the Subway, Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend, To Live and Die in Alderney, Pegorino's Pride... that's just few from the top of my head.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I may make an unusual choice and pick To Live and Die in Alderney. Two intense car chases with multiple vehicles, a heavy shootout, lots of great dialogue and even some neat little character development for Niko and Phil.

• Gunnalingus, Wu-Tang Forever, Journey_95 and 1 other like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 05 April 2016 - 08:15 AM

The opening Mission, The Cousins Bellic.

• albanyave and Misunderstood like this

Wu-Tang Forever
  • Wu-Tang Forever

Since I'm not popular, I'll post on a video game forum

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 April 2016 - 11:29 AM

Now that I'm thinking about it, I may make an unusual choice and pick To Live and Die in Alderney. Two intense car chases with multiple vehicles, a heavy shootout, lots of great dialogue and even some neat little character development for Niko and Phil.

I gotta second the love for this one. During my third playthough last year (which is when the game REALLY clicked for me), I was amazed at how I'd forgotten this mission. I was thinking "This is like another "Three Leaf Clover"!"

Really, so many great missions have already been mentioned, so I'll bring up one that I may not consider THE best, but a great example of how a mission that looks simple on paper can escalate: "Payback". On paper, it is very much one of the "Go here and kill these people" missions that so many complain about, but these missions can actually be the most open-ended and unpredictable. So this is what happened on my last playthrough: I get to the dealership, pick a vantage point, and open fire... but a couple cops happen to be nearby (having cops frequently patrol this area was a great idea on R*'s part) and weren't too thrilled about a shootout breaking out on the street. What unfolded was a crazy three-way shootout between me, the cops, and the Pavano goons, with me trying to pick off the Pavanos as the cops shoot at both of us. I distinctly remember being very low on health and hunkering down in that office, defending myself and looking for a window to escape. The mission ended with me limping away with just a sliver of health and barely managing to grab a getaway car as the cops and Pavanos killed each other.

It was insane, it was challenging, and it was a million times more exciting than some of the mega-scripted setpieces in V.

Anyway, I'll bring up and second a few more I love. "Three Leaf Clover" goes without saying. "The Snow Storm" is similarly difficult and insane, on my last playthrough I got cornered and for a second didn't think I'd get out of that d*mn hospital alive. I really love "Deconstruction for Beginners" too, especially that initial sniping portion. But for my very favorite, I think it'd have to be "Museum Piece". It was so much fun blasting goons away in that museum. On every playthrough, I try my hardest not to hit the dinosaur skeletons and keep them intact, haha. :p

• Gunnalingus and HaythamKenway like this

Alisha Nicole
  • Alisha Nicole

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:01 PM Edited by Alisha Nicole, 05 April 2016 - 12:02 PM.

Three Leaf Clover, Musuem Piece, To Live & Die in Alderney and I'll Take Her.

I loved the last one because of the realism. When Gracie was fighting you while driving on the freeway and the car would swerve bc of the fighting. +1.

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 April 2016 - 02:34 PM

Three Leaf Clover, Museum Piece, and A Long Way To Fall.

Donatello
  • Donatello

Anyone for stickball? I've got a stick. You be the ball.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 April 2016 - 03:32 PM

A Revenger's Tragedy. That mission felt way too good to be an optional ending.
  • Gunnalingus, AuSsIeThUnDeR36, Dr. Robotnik and 1 other like this

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 05 April 2016 - 11:00 PM

I also like Trespass. It's a good test of character going into that old Sprunk building and being able to use what cover you have and using free aim. What a great shootout location.
Very similar to 'Derelict Target' because you are fighting up floors of a building although I don't really like Derelict Target because sometimes the police become a pain near the end of that mission.

CreepShow
  • CreepShow

My brothers, let's roll!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 06 April 2016 - 12:20 AM

Any mission involving YEEEEEEELLOW CAAARS is good enough.

• theGTAking101, Payne Killer and Scotty420 like this

Uncle Vlad
  • Uncle Vlad

annoying dick

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 April 2016 - 05:19 PM Edited by Doctor Ray, 06 April 2016 - 05:20 PM.

Very hard to pick just one...well, one of my all time favourites is "Hostile Negotiation". The atmosphere is so great. Gunshots, explosions, the Russian´s mocking shouts, Niko screaming and when there are a few seconds of silence you can hear the wind howling through this scary building.

Very similar to 'Derelict Target' because you are fighting up floors of a building although I don't really like Derelict Target because sometimes the police become a pain near the end of that mission.

I used to hate this mission, everytime I killed the second target a two-star wanted level kicked in. Come on, I ordered my shootout WITHOUT bacon...

But there´s an easy way to solve this problem. Take a chopper, fly it to the roof of the opposite bulding. Take out your sniper rifle and shoot the target at the ground level, then the second target. Now it´s time to fly your chopper to the roof of the building where the third and last target hides at the upper floor. There´s a hole in the roof. You can either try to shoot him (you need to get a good angle) or just toss a grenade in his direction.

• Gunnalingus and AuSsIeThUnDeR36 like this

eCola
  • eCola

Homie

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 06 April 2016 - 11:04 PM

-Out of Commission

-The Holland Play (if you kill Playboy X, of course)

-Museum Piece

-Hostile Negotiation

-Uncle Vlad

-I'll Take Her

-To Live and Die in Alderney

And of course, Three Leaf Clover.

• theGTAking101 likes this

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 April 2016 - 10:30 AM

Very hard to pick just one...well, one of my all time favourites is "Hostile Negotiation". The atmosphere is so great. Gunshots, explosions, the Russian´s mocking shouts, Niko screaming and when there are a few seconds of silence you can hear the wind howling through this scary building.

I used to hate this mission, everytime I killed the second target a two-star wanted level kicked in. Come on, I ordered my shootout WITHOUT bacon...

But there´s an easy way to solve this problem. Take a chopper, fly it to the roof of the opposite bulding. Take out your sniper rifle and shoot the target at the ground level, then the second target. Now it´s time to fly your chopper to the roof of the building where the third and last target hides at the upper floor. There´s a hole in the roof. You can either try to shoot him (you need to get a good angle) or just toss a grenade in his direction.

Or try this - Do the same thing, fly heli to the building opposite, snipe the guy at ground level, then call 911 police, throw some grenades to get them excited and get the stars up to two but not three. Then fly up to the roof of the derelict building so the police will start heading in Niko's direction. This 'funnels' the police into the gang's area and the police will start having a shoot out while you can just kick back and listen to the action. Call the police a couple more times to spawn more police. After about 2-3 minutes the police will finish off the last target then you can just fly off.
  • Uncle Vlad likes this

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 07 April 2016 - 11:44 AM

So many good ones its hard to choose, but I'll go with Three Leaf Clover (tough it was a complete amateur hour), To Live & Die In Alderney, and missions you kill Francis, Dimitri & Jimmy the Pig in.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Big Homie

• The Lost MC
  • Unknown

Posted 10 April 2016 - 11:24 AM

Three Leaf Clover. How the f*ck can you not like that mission? Rolling with packie in fancy suits, blowing up a bank and having a gun war in the streets with the NOOSE.

Michael
  • Michael

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 April 2016 - 07:57 PM

Museum Piece, Three Leaf Clover and Blow Your Cover.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 18 April 2016 - 11:26 PM

Weekend at Florians was pretty good too, some of you may think it was pretty boring because it's just driving but it's the first time in a gta game where a character actually gave directions to where you needed to turn. It was fascinating the first time I did this mission and is still always fun.

Gunnalingus
  • Gunnalingus

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2016 - 10:55 PM

I've said it before: Hostile Negotiation, Russian Revolution, To Live and Die in Alderney - in no particular order. These missions are just so damn gangster, no GTAV heist can hold up to them.

Weekend at Florians was pretty good too, some of you may think it was pretty boring because it's just driving but it's the first time in a gta game where a character actually gave directions to where you needed to turn. It was fascinating the first time I did this mission and is still always fun.

No, Weekend @ Florian's wasn't the first time where you were given directions. In  San Andreas there was a mission where you had to locate Mike Toreno at the airport. I don't wanna be a smartass, but yeah...

• Official General and Cmajor like this

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:43 AM Edited by Jimbatron, 20 April 2016 - 10:51 AM.

Although bigger isn't always better, I have to say I think Three Leaf Clover is an absolute classic. It has to be one of the most memorable moments of IV.

I have always really liked Late Checkout. The venue is brilliant, but also the different ways of doing it - going in the front, the window cleaning lift at the back or landing a helicopter on the roof. Plus Niko kicking off with Ray at the phone call at then end, and great cutscene dialogue "he's blaming me for everything - even the 5h1t we didn't do!".

I suppose I'd put the Revengers Tragedy up there, which I think is a more impactful ending (regardless of whether you prefer the revenge or deal choice). It used to really annoy me sometimes you'd get RPG'd while climbing into the boat, seemingly at the mercy of the NPC's accuracy - and I only realised quite recently it's possible to shoot the incoming rocket with smg bullets to divert / destroy it.

• Official General likes this

Scotty420
  • Scotty420

The Lost One

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 02 May 2016 - 11:25 AM

Diamonds are a girls best friend <3

(Also in TBoGT - Ladies half price)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users