Quantcast

» «
Photo

When to expect GTA VI

179 replies to this topic

Poll: When will the next GTA be announced and released? (376 member(s) have cast votes)

When will the next GTA be announced?

1. 2016 (13 votes [3.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.46%

2. 2017 January-June (39 votes [10.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.37%

3. 2017 July-December (80 votes [21.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.28%

4. 2018 January-June (56 votes [14.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.89%

5. 2018 July-December (74 votes [19.68%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.68%

6. 2019 January-June (26 votes [6.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.91%

7. 2019 July-December (36 votes [9.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.57%

8. 2020 January-June (14 votes [3.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.72%

9. 2020 July-December (16 votes [4.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.26%

10. 2021 January-June (1 votes [0.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.27%

11. 2021 July-December (4 votes [1.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.06%

12. 2022+ (17 votes [4.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.52%

When will the next GTA be released?

1. 2017 January-June (4 votes [1.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.06%

2. 2017 July-December (5 votes [1.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.33%

3. 2018 January-June (13 votes [3.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.46%

4. 2018 July-December (63 votes [16.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.76%

5. 2019 January-June (23 votes [6.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.12%

6. 2019 July-December (59 votes [15.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.69%

7. 2020 January-June (31 votes [8.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.24%

8. 2020 July-December (83 votes [22.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.07%

9. 2021 January-June (28 votes [7.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.45%

10. 2021 July-December (24 votes [6.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.38%

11. 2022 January-June (6 votes [1.60%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.60%

12. 2022 July-December (9 votes [2.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.39%

13. 2023+ (28 votes [7.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.45%

Vote Guests cannot vote
EVOLUT7ON
  • EVOLUT7ON

#BeMyValentine & #BIKERS snapmatic contests winner

• The Connection
  • United-States
  • Best Funny [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Runner-Up

Posted 07 October 2017 - 03:24 AM

R* aren't going to lose their money from the current gen consoles. They will test all what they want and need with RDR2 as they did with gta5 and rdr1.
R* aren't going to stop making updates for GTAO. Though RDR and GTA are similar, they are still very different and a huge amount of people will not play their new game. 
Also, updating and expanding GTAO more and more, R* raise the bar to the point when they have to decide: stop their support of GTAO or continue to expand in a brand new way (which may delay GTA6 because of success - depends on people and GTAO content).

So, my thoughts:

GTA4    - 2008
  RDR1  - 2010
GTA5    - 2013
  RDR2 - 2018
  Bully2 - 2019
GTA6    - fall 2020 - spring 2021

PS2      - 2000
PS3      - 2006
PS4      - 2013
PS5      - 2019 (one year to polish the game)

• dschuTheDamaja likes this

MojoGamer
  • MojoGamer

Ultra Instinct

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2017 - 07:04 AM

I don't believe Bully 2 will release, since a majority of those developers left R* already. Dan Houser most likely won't care anymore about his, this one time I had a dream about Bully 2.

Earleys
  • Earleys

Snitch

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 15 October 2017 - 10:12 AM

At first I voted for an announcement in 2018, but since RDR2 is coming out in that year, I changed my vote to 2019 July-December. I'm expecting an initial release date of 2020, and an actual delayed release in Jan-June 2021. For consoles only (at first). 

.Emmi
  • .Emmi

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:48 PM

An announcement in the first half of 2020 seems likely ... a release Fall 2021, exclusively for the next-gen consoles.

MojoGamer
  • MojoGamer

Ultra Instinct

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2017 - 09:33 PM

Oh my votes were added before the RDR2 announcement, smh lol.

My newest votes is for the announcement in late 2018 and a release 7 months later in the 2Q 2019.

Because the PS5 is rumored to release late 2019 and R* mostly likely we be pushed by Take Two to release GTA 6.

I don't anticipate RDR2's very good like how Take Two is predicting and RDR2 is mostly like a for GTA 6.

Since GTA 5 was a let down and Take Two doesn't want people to stop playing once again.

MattBD
  • MattBD

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 October 2017 - 12:38 AM

Don't forget about the IV anniversary in 2018. That might cause a bit of delayment.

is that actually happening?

MojoGamer
  • MojoGamer

Ultra Instinct

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:11 AM

The Xbox One X is now the world's most powerful console and R* might start official development on Gta 6.

We know there is rumors about pre-development for Gta 6 and who knows if Xbox will try to steal PlayStation's partnership with Rockstar Games.

Rockstar's Gta 4 had a partnership with Xbox and we all know R* has been waiting for the moment to promote the Gta Series again.

The Gta Series is the best-selling series in the United States, so hopefully they release it next year.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:47 PM

2017/2018 no way. i don't even know if they started working on the game. they probably started the artistic part. but i'm sure they are no much more than that. hardware can barely run GTAO, VI is not before 3/4 years i think. there's no logic in rushing VI. i just hope they started working on a GTAO Vice city expansion. would be fantastic. i don't give a ... about VI. they need to create a GTAO for non pvp players too. so lot of work before a next gen

Markhosdangerous
  • Markhosdangerous

Markos Dangerous

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:00 PM Edited by Markhosdangerous, 15 November 2017 - 08:05 PM.

Only talking about mayor tittles, let's calculate when GTA VI is going to be released

------

GTA III to GTA Vice City: 1 year

GTA Vice City to GTA San Andreas: 2 years

GTA San Andreas to GTA IV: 4 years

GTA IV to GTA V: 5 years

GTA V to GTA VI: 7 years in best case - 10 years* in worse - (on year 6th RDR2 is going to be released)

* Why I picked up 10 years in the worse scenario? okay, between generations (GTA SA - GTAIV) R took about the double to create a new game, GTA V was not the case because GTA IV and V were in the same generation (PS3/X360), later GTA V had a little enhancement, which looks beautiful, but even though, like the name says, the textures were not developed from 0 to a new gen, which is going to be the case of GTA VI. 

Is very probable that GTA VI is going to arrive at the ending of current gen and like GTA V is going to have a little enhancement for PS5 / Xbox whatevernamewouldhave

Anyway, GTA is not going to be the same again without Leslie B.

• mombo2811 likes this

GTA Master 007
  • GTA Master 007

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by GTA Master 007, 4 weeks ago.

Well since The Benz isn't involved in the next GTA Game the franchise is dead, GTA VI is going to be sh*t.

Kimd41
  • Kimd41

SRS

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

2017/2018 no way. i don't even know if they started working on the game. they probably started the artistic part. but i'm sure they are no much more than that. hardware can barely run GTAO, VI is not before 3/4 years i think. there's no logic in rushing VI. i just hope they started working on a GTAO Vice city expansion. would be fantastic. i don't give a ... about VI. they need to create a GTAO for non pvp players too. so lot of work before a next gen

Development of the next game is started before the release of the current (V), so the game is way ahead in development by now.

Source: I'm a developer (not R*).

.Emmi
  • .Emmi

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 4 weeks ago

I'd say it releases sometime in 2020.

Bully 2 is hopefully out in 2019.

RDR 2 in 2018 as confirmed.

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Announcement should come in late 2019, and the release should happen within 1.5 to 2 years from the date of announcement. I wonder whether they have even started working on the next GTA, given the time and energy that went into keeping Online active all this while.

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Queen Elizabeth II, 4 weeks ago.

given the time and energy that went into keeping Online active all this while.

They put no effort to create all these new DLCs, so maybe it's not very time consuming?

mferrari24
  • mferrari24

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

A buddy of mine over at Rockstar has told me some information, but is obviously very limited on what he can say.

He said we can expect the first announcement of GTA VI in about 12 months, with multiple trailers and teasers to come. He states that their current set release date is 2020, but he personally thinks it will be delayed to Q1 of 2021. 

If this stays the case, that is still a few years until GTA VI, which hopefully means more updates to GTA Online. 

It also means we will probably know the location of the game within a year.

You have to remember, Rockstar are not the most organized when it comes to release dates.

If you can recall, the announcement for GTA V was all the way in 2010! It was supposedly supposed to release in 2012 or so. This delay meant that it wouldn't be another year until we got more info, which said "Coming Spring 2013." The game was inevitably delayed, like most GTA games, to come out in the Autumn.

So, fingers crossed this information stays true, and they do not decide to push it WAY back to 2025 or something mad like that.

And yes, I can assure you they have started development of the Title. Rockstar and Take-Two are big-ass companies. They have all sorts of stuff in the pipelines.

• VolumeRX likes this

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Yinepi, 3 weeks ago.

It's already been 4 years and Rockstar have shown no sign of even developing the game. Usually after 4 years since the previous game we have leaks such like that rush casting call. We have nothing but the Sahara right now. And with RDR3 coming Rockstar will want to put much focus on promoting that further and stretching out RDR3 Online. I just can't realistically see a new game until around 2020.

But to me the date is less important than the final result. Will hypothetical 2020 GTA be an improvement over V and fix its many flaws, or will it be V 2.0. in a new setting? Time only knows.

Markhosdangerous
  • Markhosdangerous

Markos Dangerous

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 3 weeks ago

A buddy of mine over at Rockstar has told me...

I stopped reading there

enjoithepain
  • enjoithepain

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by enjoithepain, 3 weeks ago.

I know this is somewhat off-topic and the situation is kinda old news but for some reason I was thinking about it today.

Is anyone else worried about GTA VI now that The Benz is no longer part of the picture?  Of course, it's not like he has been the only developer and creative mind of the GTA series but obviously he had a substantial part in it.  It just kind of worries me a little bit; not only for the content of the game, but I'm sure his departure was a huge setback in the development of VI, so it could certainly be a reason we haven't heard anything about a new GTA.  

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Benz is actually the reason (as per online discussions) behind why Online started taking shape. I really don't trust that guy. I mean, I don't think he's really the kind of a developer who wants to make great games as much as a person who has business mindset of how to turn games profitable. He seems to be using his creative sense, and vision for cashing in on a concept, and his latest venture probably won't be much different than GTA, may be a couple of new things here and there, but I doubt he'll really care about enhancing single player experiences, at all. It's likely that Everywhere will be heavily multiplayer focused title in order to compete with GTA. I mean, the description itself gives away the hints, "A video game that simulates and fuses the real world with the virtual. Live your own stories as you live in ours".

Pretty much what I experience in GTA Online!

• enjoithepain likes this

Schwartzxz
  • Schwartzxz

Player Hater

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 3 weeks ago

I dont wanna open a new thread so Ill just ask here. are there any informations at all about GTA6? any news at all. Im dying for a new game. the whole online success of GTA5 was the worse thing that could have happen. for me atleast. it delayed new GTA game for who knows how long. 

Efreet
  • Efreet

Wake up and smell the coffee

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I dont wanna open a new thread so Ill just ask here. are there any informations at all about GTA6? any news at all. Im dying for a new game. the whole online success of GTA5 was the worse thing that could have happen. for me atleast. it delayed new GTA game for who knows how long. 

No, no news/rumors/leaks about Grand Theft Auto 6. If there will be news from Rockstar, don't expect it within the next 20 months. We (might) hear something by Fall 2019 if they intend to release it on the current generation of consoles. For now, you better be looking for Red Dead Redemption 2! 

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members
  • None
  • Comedian of the Year 2010

Posted 3 weeks ago

I still haven't played GTA V, but i'm already anxious about GTA VI!!! I HOPE ROCKSTAR DONT FORGET ABOUT PEOPLE WHO DOESNT PLAY ONLINE!! I'M TOO OLD TO PLAY ONLINE GAMES BOOOOO  :r*:  :miranda:  :monocle:

• erl12end likes this

Prasdana21
  • Prasdana21

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 3 weeks ago

I still haven't played GTA V, but i'm already anxious about GTA VI!!! I HOPE ROCKSTAR DONT FORGET ABOUT PEOPLE WHO DOESNT PLAY ONLINE!! I'M TOO OLD TO PLAY ONLINE GAMES BOOOOO  :r*:  :miranda:  :monocle:

I don't play online either to be honest. GTA V is good in my opinion.

off topic but I was a GTA forum member in 2010. Forgot my account and I made a new one. It's nice to hear from you again Cidamelo, your posts back then always made my days, so I thank you for that :D

On Topic: I'd say GTA VI would come out at 2021 or 2022 to be honest.

• cidamelo likes this

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members
  • None
  • Comedian of the Year 2010

Posted 3 weeks ago

thank you, prasdana21!!

Jack Lupino
  • Jack Lupino

Snitch

• Members
  • India

Posted 2 weeks ago

I haven't played gta 5 yet :(
So I am excited to play that when I get my gaming laptop next year than gta VI.
As for topic, I don't think we will hear about gta 6 for another 2-3 years.
GTA online has still so much success and rdr2 along with online becomes hit there would be more delay to release the game.
But I don't mind it.I am more interested in other future rockstar titles than gta tbh.

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 2 weeks ago

Because GTA V has been turned into a futuristic POS hellhole that flatout sucks unless you are a Saints Row fan, i would say late 2018 first trailer, release late 2019.

• anthony and MojoGamer like this

Thefames
  • Thefames

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Thefames, A week ago.

Predictions for Rockstar Games 2018

*R will release Read Dead Redemption 2 in late May or early June 2018

In coming weeks or so  Rockstar Games will announced Grand Theft Auto 4 10 year anniversary remaster version for PS4 and Xbox One

the remaster version will include updated graphics with 1080p resolution, sharper textures etc,   few new features, Possible  Liberty City in GTA Online with Heist mission and Midnight Club remaster on PS4 and Xbox One. 

I expect sometime in Summer-Fall 2019 *R will bring out mother of all games  the new Grand Theft Auto announcement for Fall 2020 release. 2021 is next generation PlayStation 5 and Xbox One X.  

2018 is all about Read Dead Redemption 2, GTA4 Resmaster and Midnight Club Remaster, GTA Online

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Boss

• Members
  • Mauritius

Posted 5 days ago Edited by Giantsgiants, 5 days ago.

A buddy of mine over at Rockstar has told me some information, but is obviously very limited on what he can say.

He said we can expect the first announcement of GTA VI in about 12 months, with multiple trailers and teasers to come. He states that their current set release date is 2020, but he personally thinks it will be delayed to Q1 of 2021. 

If this stays the case, that is still a few years until GTA VI, which hopefully means more updates to GTA Online. 

It also means we will probably know the location of the game within a year.

You have to remember, Rockstar are not the most organized when it comes to release dates.

If you can recall, the announcement for GTA V was all the way in 2010! It was supposedly supposed to release in 2012 or so. This delay meant that it wouldn't be another year until we got more info, which said "Coming Spring 2013." The game was inevitably delayed, like most GTA games, to come out in the Autumn.

So, fingers crossed this information stays true, and they do not decide to push it WAY back to 2025 or something mad like that.

And yes, I can assure you they have started development of the Title. Rockstar and Take-Two are big-ass companies. They have all sorts of stuff in the pipelines.

Eh, I'm pretty skeptical about this. Next (now it's this) December seems like too early an announcement on a new GTA game. GTA V isn't just your average AAA game, it's smashing sales records and bringing in money like no other game in the franchise. It's Rockstar's biggest money maker to date.

I'm sure GTA Online will still be going strong by December. Even with Rockstar's notoriety for delaying new games, an announcement this year seems unlikely. 

yessir
  • yessir

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 days ago

GTA VI will be announced a year after RDR 2 comes out.

RDR 2010 release -> GTA V announced 2011

GTA V was being worked on while RDR was being made.

Rockstar is a multi billion dollar company, they can afford the manpower to work on multiple titles at once.

They need to leave time in between release and announcement from RDR 2 to GTA VI to give people time to buy RDR 2.

RDR 2 PC version will be made a year after GTA VI is announced.

GTA VI will release 3 years after announcement.

pablodc
  • pablodc

[vG] Very Gatos

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago

I think this year we will get some info.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users