Quantcast

» «
Photo

When to expect GTA VI

135 replies to this topic

Poll: When will the next GTA be announced and released? (289 member(s) have cast votes)

When will the next GTA be announced?

1. 2016 (13 votes [4.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.50%

2. 2017 January-June (39 votes [13.49%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.49%

3. 2017 July-December (78 votes [26.99%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.99%

4. 2018 January-June (46 votes [15.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.92%

5. 2018 July-December (46 votes [15.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.92%

6. 2019 January-June (15 votes [5.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.19%

7. 2019 July-December (18 votes [6.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.23%

8. 2020 January-June (8 votes [2.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.77%

9. 2020 July-December (9 votes [3.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.11%

10. 2021 January-June (1 votes [0.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.35%

11. 2021 July-December (3 votes [1.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.04%

12. 2022+ (13 votes [4.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.50%

When will the next GTA be released?

1. 2017 January-June (4 votes [1.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.38%

2. 2017 July-December (5 votes [1.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.73%

3. 2018 January-June (11 votes [3.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.81%

4. 2018 July-December (62 votes [21.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.45%

5. 2019 January-June (15 votes [5.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.19%

6. 2019 July-December (48 votes [16.61%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.61%

7. 2020 January-June (24 votes [8.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.30%

8. 2020 July-December (64 votes [22.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.15%

9. 2021 January-June (17 votes [5.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

10. 2021 July-December (11 votes [3.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.81%

11. 2022 January-June (2 votes [0.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.69%

12. 2022 July-December (7 votes [2.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.42%

13. 2023+ (19 votes [6.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote
AgentGTAVI
  • AgentGTAVI

Awaiting the affirmation of Grand Theft Auto: VI.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 April 2016 - 07:48 AM

First and foremost, thank you to the moderation team for having established this sector of GTA Forums to facilitate initial impressions / presumptions about the prospect and evolution of Grand Theft Auto: VI. :)

Given that we are actually approaching the third year of commemoration for Last-Gen Grand Theft Auto: V in September, I would humbly postulate that this warrants some excitement and anticipation, for a definitive Newswire post authored by Rockstar in forthcoming months. :) My postulation is such, in that Grand Theft Auto: V had been officially affirmed on November 2, 2011, 3 years after the launch of Grand Theft Auto: IV.

If Rockstar elects to sustain that pattern of consistency, where the next installment is announced 3 years after the launch of the former, we could very well be acquainted with the official announcement somewhere between the vicinity of October, November or even December of this month. :) That will be of course providing that Rockstar has established the setting for Grand Theft Auto: VI and other pertinent details (i.e. the main protagonist) within the framework.

That would be awesome and maybe we would see a trailer accompany the announcement as we did when Grand Theft Auto: V was announced. If that does not come to fruition and Rockstar takes a different course of direction, I think that we would be informed of Grand Theft Auto: VI's official development no later than the end of 2017, and an official launch around the 2018-2019 range. The sooner the announcement, the better, as we then we can start delving into the intricate and epic detsils, of which I am sure there will be many. 

To that end, I simply cannot express the degree to which I am excited about what exactly Grand Theft Auto: VI will entail and the scope, depth and verticality of the open-world, the storyline, the premise, the R.A.G.E. engine, availability of weapons / vehicles. My expectation of Grand Theft Auto: VI is to be tremendously blown away. :) Rockstar harbors the capacity to transcend and amaze; both Last-Gen and Current-Gen Grand Theft Auto: V have payed strong testament to that notion.

When that announcement is disclosed and ripples across the globe, it will be a great day. It will surely emulate the day on which Grand Theft Auto: V was announced. Set your cross hairs on either the end of this year or the end of 2017, ladies and gentlemen, for epic to strike. :)

I cannot wait for it all to start, by the chief determinant of time. Bring it on Rockstar, and bring it strong.

• MrWuggy, Pastry and The7thOne like this

PaddsterG2k3
  • PaddsterG2k3

The Bee's Knees

• Members

Posted 03 April 2016 - 09:35 AM

@ Agent

Good post mate. Rockstar usually releases about 18 months after announcement, notwithstanding that they ALWAYS delay the game.

Again those arguing for a 2020 release I just can't see it - that would be 7 years without a GTA, for some kids (let's be honest) that's their formative years without a GTA release.

Expect RDR3 out late 2017 but any other IPs (Bully, Manhunt etc will not interfere with GTA).

GTAVI will most likely be aimed for release in late 2018 but with the traditional GTA delay will be delayed until early 2019 :-).

Karls
  • Karls

w00p

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 03 April 2016 - 09:59 AM

Fkn casuals. Between IV and V's original set release (Spring -13)  it was about 4.5 years. About the same time as SA and IV. IF we take the PC release date, Spring -15 and add 4.5 years, we get fall 2019. But if we instead take the timeframe between GTA IV and PC release, we get 7 years-ish. That gives us 2022. 

GTA VI could potentially be released in the timeframe of Q3 2019 and Q2 2022. 

PaddsterG2k3
  • PaddsterG2k3

The Bee's Knees

• Members

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:28 PM

PC releases don't really count. 2019 is a possibility but it's the extreme. I believe 2022 is out of the question as that would mean almost a decade in between major GTA entries!

As for the "fkin casuals" I assume it was that a joke...

Karls
  • Karls

w00p

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:44 PM

PC releases don't really count. 2019 is a possibility but it's the extreme. I believe 2022 is out of the question as that would mean almost a decade in between major GTA entries!

I wouldn't say that.

Seeming how R* was porting the LG version to CG and PC, and developing online, 2014 and 2015 was problably a hectic year for them, and thus after the PC release, they could start working more on VI. They have the engine, but the graphical engine needs a total overhaul by now, seeming how outdated the game already looks imho, so what they need to do is 

>New Map

>New Graphics Engine

>New Vehicles

>New Charachters

>Storywriting

>Textures

All that slowly adds up to many months, and because a lot of their Dev Team is problably still focusing on V, it could take even longer. 

XenoxX
  • XenoxX

*stubborn minded*

• BUSTED!
  • Germany

Posted 03 April 2016 - 04:14 PM

I wouldn't say that.

Seeming how R* was porting the LG version to CG and PC, and developing online, 2014 and 2015 was problably a hectic year for them, and thus after the PC release, they could start working more on VI. They have the engine, but the graphical engine needs a total overhaul by now, seeming how outdated the game already looks imho, so what they need to do is 

>New Map

>New Graphics Engine

>New Vehicles

>New Charachters

>Storywriting

>Textures

All that slowly adds up to many months, and because a lot of their Dev Team is problably still focusing on V, it could take even longer. 

As Sam Houser said work on the next GTA is started very soon after the release of the current one, you might argue R* had a lot to do with Online and next gen releases however those were seperate teams.

Judging by the update schedule R* has deployed two teams for GTA Online, one "big" team that focuses on the big Updates, and another small Content creation team that creates Adversary Modes.

I believe major work on GTA VI began soon after Vs release for Last Gen, they probably started with Story and character writing and of course with polishing up their engine.

After Vs Next Gen release R* could almost entirely focus on VI as their animation department was not busy with first person animations for V anymore.

As of now art and animation departments are probably working on GTA VIs map layout and design.

R* has been known for leaving a lot of freedom to their artists, opposed to other companies, the artists get a "plot" that they then are allowed to craft their own buildings and scenery fitting to the game.

After that the main script team, which is currently working on Character movement and other in-game mechanics will be directed to script the Story Line for GTA VI.

That proccess probably starts 2.5 years before Release.

AgentGTAVI
  • AgentGTAVI

Awaiting the affirmation of Grand Theft Auto: VI.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:37 AM

@ Agent
Good post mate. Rockstar usually releases about 18 months after announcement, notwithstanding that they ALWAYS delay the game.
Again those arguing for a 2020 release I just can't see it - that would be 7 years without a GTA, for some kids (let's be honest) that's their formative years without a GTA release.
Expect RDR3 out late 2017 but any other IPs (Bully, Manhunt etc will not interfere with GTA).
GTAVI will most likely be aimed for release in late 2018 but with the traditional GTA delay will be delayed until early 2019 :-).

Thank you, I really appreciate it, and for taking the time to peruse over it. :)

Ever since the rumour pertaining to Grand Theft Auto: VI's potential development had sparked, I have been rather consumed by it, with so much inquisition.:) As such, my previous post has been predicated by the discretion of excitement and anticipation.

With this Grand Theft Auto: VI department of the forums in its infancy, I currently feel like I am in limbo, awaiting an official lead from Rockstar. Be that as it is, I have reconfigured my signature and alias as a preliminary action for the forthcoming action and presentation of Grand Theft Auto: VI.

I can only reiterate that I am excited and anticipatory of something absolutely mind blowing. :)

MakeAmericaGreatAgain
  • MakeAmericaGreatAgain

British and Proud

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 April 2016 - 08:34 PM

I say August 2018 release, March 2017 announcement.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2016 - 08:37 PM

I think it could come out in 2017 as sort of a 20th anniversary thing since the first one came out in 1997

Nick Testbranch
  • Nick Testbranch

Offending Mimes Everywhere.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 April 2016 - 08:49 PM

GTA VI is coming out on April 10, 2018

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 08 April 2016 - 09:53 PM

Added a poll for people to vote in to their heart's content
i.e. once
  • Kirsty and Raavi like this

scalliano
  • scalliano

Ice Cold Killa

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 09 April 2016 - 01:43 AM

June 2018 announcement, October 2020 release.

Then delayed to May 2021 :p

Jabalous
  • Jabalous

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2016 - 09:43 AM

I expect an announcement no earlier than Spring 2018 with a release in 2019, and that's me being an optimist. This might happen if whatever Rockstar is working on currently is set for a Spring 2017 release. If it's not, and it happened to be a late 2017 release, then I don't expect a GTA VI announcement until late 2018 with a release in late 2019, or early 2020.

If they keep following their philosophy of designing games with minute details, then their development cycles are going to get longer, which will eventually consume the whole life cycle of a single console generation. We might end up only with two big games from Rockstar on PS4. Actually, as far as Rockstar is concerned, they consider that the upscaled version of GTA V as their first attempt at PS4&X1 and they continue to do so by providing continuous Online content in contrary to the dropped support for PS3&360. They could've dropped this whole Online thing and provided episodic content similar to TLAD&TBOGT and then call it a day.

Rockstar Games is crazy alright.

• Spider-Vice, GTKING1st and KENNYOUT3 like this

Earleys
  • Earleys

Snitch

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 09 April 2016 - 10:45 AM Edited by Earleys, 09 April 2016 - 10:51 AM.

I'm hoping for an announcement in 2018 (July-December) at the latest, and potentially a release in spring 2021. I hope they'll surprise me and release it even earlier, but we all know Rockstar often delays their GTAs, so this seems realistic to me. :p (And I hope this will include PC version this time)

MakeAmericaGreatAgain
  • MakeAmericaGreatAgain

British and Proud

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 April 2016 - 06:08 PM

If anyone of you are right, I'll give you $1,000,000 - just let me know in 2... or... 3 years... or 4... or more.

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

Boy You Make Me Make Bad Decisions

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 10 April 2016 - 10:35 PM

2019-2020(Delays included)...The announcement will probably happen 1-4 weeks before...

TheRockfordGuy
  • TheRockfordGuy

Player Hater

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 11 April 2016 - 01:22 PM

2018 should be the year of releasing the game . So many workers at studios , so much money to invest in new workers , more workers less time , easier developing of a game ... As technology goes on and on , more powerful computers and software for making games , it would be normal thing to next GTA need the same , or even the less time to develop . I just wonder how many cut-scenes , missions , audios , characters and innovations  had the expansions for GTA IV , specially TBoGT ! Year and a half after the release of GTAIV , the both of expansions ( Single player DLC's ) have came out. So , after delaying the GTAIV and after so many missions and sidemissions they managed to write and direct the Liberty City Stories DLC's in a year ! Wow ! My favorite is TBoGT , it's so good , like a standalone game ... and its 50% and more bigger and cooler that TLAD DLC. So , as the SP DLC isn't announced , maby they are working on GTA Next . Yes , online has many DLC's , but it's just a few cars and other things ... No new missions , no new heists ... They must be doing something ? It's hundreds and hundreds of people involved ... They aren't payed for just sitting in a chair and drinking coffee and eating hamburgers ... Rockstar North is a house of GTA , Rockstar San Diego is a house of Red Dead Franchise ... So ... Rockstar North isn't wasting time with anything ( i presume ) but with GTA franchise .

• Homemade Dynamite likes this

Michael
  • Michael

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2016 - 01:32 PM

I'm guessing that it will be probably around late 2020 or 2019 with the new Grand Theft Auto.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 16 April 2016 - 06:54 PM

I'm sort of in two minds about this; on one hand, they might see the success of V and Online and try to get it out the door once the profits from Online decline somewhat, with a moderate amount of time between announcement and release so that they can generate hype like with V - but not kill off interest in V (which a VI announcement would likely do to an extent) for too long. On the other hand, they could try to reap Online profits for as long as possible, and put a similar system into a different popular IP (basically GTA:Online-ise RDR) that only has a mildly insane budget instead of the insane budgets GTA has, and using the combines profits to invest a total of several hundred million dollars into VI (and squeeze out as much money as they possibly can) which would inevitably have a very long development time, meaning it'd release a lot later.

So of course with that kind of thinking I'd realistically say somewhere in between, because as fun as the second one would be, I'm guessing the folks over at TT actually care about their money and pointless things like "profit" 'n that.

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2016 - 10:54 PM

It'll be out by 2020, just a guess as if you count the NG release that's roughly how long V took to get released after IV. I'm eager to see what it'll be like since 360 and PS3 won't get it obviously. 

Just hope they don't have the silly CE/SE DLC again, the blimp was fine but the other stuff was dumb good thing NG/PC V fixed it. $200 for a DLC? That's ridiculous 

• GTKING1st likes this

heycorcverseneborc
  • heycorcverseneborc

Rat

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 18 April 2016 - 08:50 AM

Even the story mode dlc is gonna come out in 2018 or 2019 , how could you expect the gta 6 to release in 2018 ??? The key factor is when the next gen consols - ps 5 and xbox two - gonna come out . They'll wait the next gen consols to able to sell the game to multiple eras .. We should'nt expect gta 6 to come out sooner than 2023 .. 

ps : There should be an another question , which is : ' How many times will the release of gta 6 be delayed ? ' 

wyanwn
  • wyanwn

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2016 - 06:08 PM Edited by wyanwn, 23 June 2016 - 06:24 PM.

In September 2011, the first GTA V trailer popped out of nowhere. It was about 3-4 years after GTA IV came out in '08. It then proceeded to be two years until GTA V officially released.
We all know Rockstar has a tradition to release a new GTA every so 3-5 years. (GTA V being delayed). So 2016 would mark a good spot to reveal GTA VI.

We are now nearing 3 years since GTA V came out. (Where did the time go?)

*Edit: Deleted questions due to deriving off of brand spanking new OP.

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Alter Ego

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2016 - 06:14 PM

I think that Rockstar is buying time with GTA Online updates, such as with the lowriders several months ago. I doubt we'll see any official information on GTAN until 2017, especially if Rockstar is working on SP DLC for V.

LevelDockSix
  • LevelDockSix

Sure Shot

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • India

Posted 22 June 2016 - 06:22 PM

I doubt we'll see a trailer this year. Maybe towards the end of next, but most likely the year after that. Yes, that's a pretty vague assumption but so is Rockstar's Newswire heheh

If anything though, like The7thOne said, the updates for Online are going to buy them some time.

chilleverest
  • chilleverest

Ironborn

• Members
  • Nepal

Posted 22 June 2016 - 06:25 PM Edited by chilleverest, 22 June 2016 - 06:27 PM.

RS will consider a new gta only when those shark card sales start to tank. 

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2016 - 06:45 PM

Whenever they announce it they announce it if you're going by whatever schedule they've done in the past you're gonna be disappointed

Jabalous
  • Jabalous

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2016 - 12:54 PM

I am certain that there will not be a GTA VI game available for the remaining of the current decade. It is most likely a 2020+ game.

• GTKING1st likes this

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Daily Globe
  • Serbia
  • Contribution Award [DYOM]

Posted 25 June 2016 - 12:38 AM Edited by AnDReJ98, 25 June 2016 - 12:38 AM.

Announcing it in 2017 and releasing it sometime in 2019 (since 2018 is too early). It's R* after all.

Arran B
  • Arran B

The '80s enthusiast.

• Members

Posted 25 June 2016 - 02:40 AM

Announced in fall of '17.

Delayed in fall of '18.

Released in fall of 2025.

Lol jk 2019...

Serbian_Wolf194
  • Serbian_Wolf194

Head Hunter

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 26 June 2016 - 02:03 AM

I think it's still early for GTA VI. Personally i don't see it being released before 2019/2020.
  • GTKING1st and Sweet Bellic like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users