Quantcast

» «
Photo

[Archive] Red Dead Redemption 2 Rumour Mill: Leaks, Speculation...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2,619 replies to this topic
azonicrider
  • azonicrider

oregano lover

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 August 2016 - 07:53 PM

By that time we had no idea a Playstation Meeting was coming in September. I'd say I was almost 100% certain for a reveal at E3 ... but now I'm 1000% sure.

I like the sounds of that

It's gonna happen. It just has to. It's not like there's been rumors about the next Red Dead every few months for the past 6 years, rumors have only been popping in
the past 8 or so months. Everyone knows it's got to happen sometime soon. Coupled with all the employee resumes, Take Twos empty lineup for next year, and rumors (even if they're bullsh*t) we're going to be seeing it soon. 

And like you say Simo, Colin and Greg betting on the PS Meeting is something to take note of. They aren't random morons throwing sh*it at the wall to see what sticks, they're veterans of the games industry and they know their stuff.

I remember searching for Red Dead 3 rumours in January 2015, and there was absolute jack sh*t.

DGSimo
  • DGSimo

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2016 - 07:55 PM Edited by DGSimo, 28 August 2016 - 08:05 PM.

Yeah. I know I brought up Colin's quote about E3 a few pages back but I hadn't watched the episode at the time so I watched it last night.

Could give me a link to that episode!? Must have missed that.

I'm thinking of a Spring 2017 release on all platforms.

Would be awesome but i highly doubt it. Fall 2017 with a possible delay to Spring 2018 is my guess

Sure. Just jump to around the 17:20 mark for Red Dead talk:

I don't know about the legitimacy of Ash735 (Didn't hear about him before), but yeah, the Benz and other veterans left Rockstar studios and in particular North. There have been many job ads, many of which are for senior positions, but there's no sure way to know that if they're in a number that's out of the ordinary for a relatively large firm like Rockstar. Basically, the secrecy that R* has been known for doesn't allow us to know what's really going on. They also like to dismiss any reports and leaks about their internal situation. Also, you mentioned 'Project(s) to be announced' which is truly interesting in this context. Maybe that's what we should expect from business people and financial reports to say. Using the plural word is more effective when speaking to investors and gives more confidence than using a singular form. We, players, know that we won't get more than one project announced at a time.

Ash is legit. He's a NeoGAF member that got verified by the mods and I believe was part of an outsourcing firm Rockstar hired so he had communications and emails with various members of the team in all branches but left in 2015.

EDIT: I don't think the team reshuffles, hires and leaves would result in huge changes for Rockstar and how they operate, I mean it happens with every developer, the Housers are still in charge and Rockstar has so many employees and studios including the new Rockstar India that I doubt any development hiccups occurred save for maybe some GTAV SP DLC because of the major shake up at Rockstar North when The Benz left.

• Spider-Vice, Rockstar Vienna and BlackScout like this

Rockstar Vienna
  • Rockstar Vienna

Sir Love-A-Lot

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:02 PM

Sure. Just jump to around the 17:20 mark for Red Dead talk:

Much appreciated!

• DGSimo likes this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:04 PM

Ash is legit. He's a NeoGAF member that got verified by the mods and I believe was part of an outsourcing firm Rockstar hired so he had communications and emails with various members of the team in all branches but left in 2015.

Indeed. Things got complicated for him here at GTAForums though.

• DGSimo likes this

DGSimo
  • DGSimo

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:07 PM

Indeed. Things got complicated for him here at GTAForums though.

Oh really? Was he a "inside" source here too or did something else happen? I assume he got vetted by the mods on GAF because he asked them to do so due to the pre-E3 stuff going on and he was open about the differences in RAGE engines and went in detail about why RDR was never on PC.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:16 PM

Check your PM's.

Jabalous
  • Jabalous

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:17 PM

If he's legit, was at Rockstar until 2015 and exposed the situation at the studios, then I expect someone already asked him if he knows what Rockstar has been working on after V. Did that happen?

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:19 PM Edited by Spider-Vice, 28 August 2016 - 08:19 PM.

I think this no longer happens. Also he wasn't directly at R* iirc.

azonicrider
  • azonicrider

oregano lover

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:21 PM

People gotta be remember that Adam Boyes could be just doing a cover-up, "the E3 schedule was unchanged for months". Like they really decided months ago, that its a good idea to show that dumb zombie game at the end, which was gonna be revealed 30 minutes earlier anyways?

And I assume there was a lot of competition between developers to get spots at Sony's E3 event, why would they allow the same game to be shown twice?

Jabalous
  • Jabalous

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:28 PM

Sorry, azonicrider, but I think that we should've already got over this 'it was supposed to be at E3' thing. Whether it was or not, it doesn't matter now. Nothing will come out of it even if we knew for sure that it was. I just hope that we all ditch this way of thinking and move on.

azonicrider
  • azonicrider

oregano lover

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:32 PM

Sorry, azonicrider, but I think that we should've already got over this 'it was supposed to be at E3' thing. Whether it was or not, it doesn't matter now. Nothing will come out of it even if we knew for sure that it was. I just hope that we all ditch this way of thinking and move on.

I was only talking about it, because the guy in that "PlayStation Meeting 2016 Predictions" video was talking about it.

DGSimo
  • DGSimo

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:48 PM Edited by DGSimo, 28 August 2016 - 08:51 PM.

If he's legit, was at Rockstar until 2015 and exposed the situation at the studios, then I expect someone already asked him if he knows what Rockstar has been working on after V. Did that happen?

Well I think he's extended some professional courtesy. He obviously knows and/or knew people that worked at Rockstar and wouldn't blab on a former employer himself. I did try asking once and he did comment that Rockstar San Diego were working on a project and told me the codename...I just forgot it. Let me see if I can find it again. lol

EDIT: Found it. It was Project: Remorse.

People gotta be remember that Adam Boyes could be just doing a cover-up, "the E3 schedule was unchanged for months". Like they really decided months ago, that its a good idea to show that dumb zombie game at the end, which was gonna be revealed 30 minutes earlier anyways?

And I assume there was a lot of competition between developers to get spots at Sony's E3 event, why would they allow the same game to be shown twice?

The E3 thing is relevant to the discussion though when we're talking about Playstation Meeting being a likely event for Red Dead's reveal, especially if some journalists or insiders heard from reliable sources that Red Dead was the stinger at Sony's conference. It could mean this event will make up for it and also offers Sony a bit of an edge: They could technically be there on stage showing off and announcing Red Dead for Neo meaning it could be hitting these new hardware upgrades first on a Sony machine if Scorpio isn't going to be released until the end of 2017. Another possible reason for it being at the event next week?

• Spider-Vice and Jabalous like this

Father Girth
  • Father Girth

So what am I, the button pusher?

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:00 PM Edited by Father Girth, 28 August 2016 - 09:00 PM.

Red Dead Remorse? Is it because they want to make up for shoving GTA Online down our throats for 3 years?
  • Spider-Vice, Jabalous, PhillBellic and 4 others like this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:00 PM Edited by Spider-Vice, 28 August 2016 - 09:04 PM.

In before it's Red Dead Remorse and it gives everyone the pleasure to call it RDR3.

Edit: The existence of Project Remorse and other projects does line up with how the developers mention their unannounced projects on LinkedIn. Suspect there's more than one thing in development right now.

• Jabalous likes this

Anarckhy
  • Anarckhy

Title delayed due to more polishing.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:07 PM Edited by Anarckhy, 28 August 2016 - 09:10 PM.

In before it's Red Dead Remorse and it gives everyone the pleasure to call it RDR3.

Edit: The existence of Project Remorse and other projects does line up with how the developers mention their unannounced projects on LinkedIn. Suspect there's more than one thing in development right now.

Yeah I do remember him saying that San Diego IS working on two projects. One of them MOST LIKELY a new Red Dead, and the other one nicknamed Project Remorse.

EDIT: There's a high chance of a new Red Dead game being shown though, that project has been cooking for years, I'm pretty sure it might actually be "Project Remorse" over at San Diego, unless they were working on another game too.

My mistake

Jabalous
  • Jabalous

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:16 PM Edited by Jabalous, 28 August 2016 - 09:17 PM.

Well I think he's extended some professional courtesy. He obviously knows and/or knew people that worked at Rockstar and wouldn't blab on a former employer himself. I did try asking once and he did comment that Rockstar San Diego were working on a project and told me the codename...I just forgot it. Let me see if I can find it again. lol

Firs time I hear about this. Where did this guy release all these information? I don't know if it's legit anyway because I'm always suspicious of people who claim that they are in the know of secrets. 'Remorse' sounds like a directly fitting title for the game even if it's just a codename. Red Dead Remorse.

'deep and painful regret for wrongdoing; compunction.' is what Remorse is defined in the dictionary. It sounds like a fitting theme for a Red Dead game much like Redemption of John Marston. 

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:18 PM

Yeah I do remember him saying that San Diego IS working on two projects. One of them MOST LIKELY a new Red Dead, and the other one nicknamed Project Remorse.

EDIT: There's a high chance of a new Red Dead game being shown though, that project has been cooking for years, I'm pretty sure it might actually be "Project Remorse" over at San Diego, unless they were working on another game too.

My mistake

To me it's not San Diego or anything anymore. Rockstar has been branding themselves as Rockstar Studios since Max Payne 3. GTA was also mostly a North thing and V was developed by everyone now.

• Anarckhy and DGSimo like this

Indi
  • Indi

Don't cross the streams.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:19 PM Edited by Indi, 28 August 2016 - 09:19 PM.

Someone who used to work for Rockstar, aka Ash735.

He never worked for Rockstar. He had insider info but he didn't work there.

DGSimo
  • DGSimo

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2016 - 10:21 PM Edited by DGSimo, 28 August 2016 - 10:21 PM.

Firs time I hear about this. Where did this guy release all these information? I don't know if it's legit anyway because I'm always suspicious of people who claim that they are in the know of secrets. 'Remorse' sounds like a directly fitting title for the game even if it's just a codename. Red Dead Remorse.

'deep and painful regret for wrongdoing; compunction.' is what Remorse is defined in the dictionary. It sounds like a fitting theme for a Red Dead game much like Redemption of John Marston. 

He's a member at NeoGAF and was a member here apparently privy to some insider knowledge. He started to mostly pop up and start posting about Red Dead closer to E3 so a bit of information came out about Bully 2, Rockstar and San Diego. This is what he said in July:

The original Bully II was put on the shelf between 2009 - 2011. I never heard anything about it since then, though I do know most of the music score was done for it, and it's been locked up in the vaults since!

Red Dead 3 is coming guys, San Diego were working away on two things for years back when I last worked with Rockstars web team, so no doubt one of them is a Red Dead title due to be announced at some point.

The real curious case is poor old aGENT, that game has been put on the shelf so many times, it started as a PS2/Xbox title, shelved, revived as a PS3 title, shelved, attempt to restart the project, shelved, last heard around 2012.

There's also a few projects from the other studios which were put on hold to distribute the task of Grand Theft Auto V, not sure if any of those were re-picked up after the release though, things went a bit quiet on our side after V's release and Online started.

My mistake

To me it's not San Diego or anything anymore. Rockstar has been branding themselves as Rockstar Studios since Max Payne 3. GTA was also mostly a North thing and V was developed by everyone now.

While true it always seems like one of the studios starts off as the lead. Red Dead=San Diego, GTA=North, Max Payne 3=Vancouver. I mean yeah since Red Dead, well as we found out anyway with North having to jump in and help, the projects since have been a major collaborative efforts between all studios. It seems Rockstar only got bigger too with all that outsourcing who now I guess have become part of Rockstar themselves.

Someone who used to work for Rockstar, aka Ash735.

He never worked for Rockstar. He had insider info but he didn't work there.

Yeah he said on GAF he was working with a web development team that was hired by Rockstar Games, another outsourcing they did,  and thus had a lot of communication with the various studios.

• Spider-Vice and jedijosh920 like this

azonicrider
  • azonicrider

oregano lover

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 August 2016 - 08:28 AM

8 more days. 

Are we setting ourselves up for disappointment? at the end of the day, that doesn't even matter, because some Rockstar employee could be reading this thread and seeing how anxious we are for a new Red Dead. 

DGSimo
  • DGSimo

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:11 AM

It'll be another event and if it doesn't show then we sadly just have to keep waiting. :(

I'm trying not to set my self up for disappointment and get excited for the event but we'll see how it goes this week....lol

• Spider-Vice and Father Girth like this

Jabalous
  • Jabalous

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2016 - 12:23 PM Edited by Jabalous, 30 August 2016 - 12:23 PM.

Personally, just like I how stated my opinion before E3, I believe that there will be no Rockstar presence.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 30 August 2016 - 03:31 PM Edited by Spider-Vice, 30 August 2016 - 03:31 PM.

They've got a contest running until the 12th. I don't think they usually have contests running in announcement times so... There was only a Crew Cut and Fan Art Highlights before the V NG announcement. Maybe in October it is.

.Emmi
  • .Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 30 August 2016 - 04:04 PM Edited by .Emmi, 30 August 2016 - 04:05 PM.

They've got a contest running until the 12th. I don't think they usually have contests running in announcement times so... There was only a Crew Cut and Fan Art Highlights before the V NG announcement. Maybe in October it is.

aaarrrrgh ... let's stop this bullsh*t with ... "Hey, they've got a contest running, they can't announce anything, blah blah blah"

It has NOTHING to do with it, it's a f*cking contest noone cares about!

Let's all be optimistic that it will be announced September 7th at the PlayStation Meeting ...

if it's not I'm losing my mind and go crazy

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 30 August 2016 - 04:07 PM Edited by Spider-Vice, 30 August 2016 - 04:13 PM.

Don't be disappointed if it doesn't happen then. And yes I'm starting to be in denial. :p

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

A Ninja

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2016 - 04:20 PM

I don't think a mere contest would prevent them from announcing anything. (Especially when R* is messy as we know)

Perhaps, it could reduce the chances... Who knows? I'll wait.

Pastry
  • Pastry

im fed up with this worl

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 30 August 2016 - 04:29 PM

I'm hoping they announce something. You gotta keep your expectations low though.

• BlackScout and Father Girth like this

.Emmi
  • .Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 30 August 2016 - 04:32 PM

I don't think a mere contest would prevent them from announcing anything. (Especially when R* is messy as we know)

Perhaps, it could reduce the chances... Who knows? I'll wait.

I just had a look what this contest is all about ... I can confirm that this isn't the sort of stuff that lowers our chance of seeing a Red Dead 3 reveal next Wednesday :lol:

azonicrider
  • azonicrider

oregano lover

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 August 2016 - 08:03 PM

Well I at least hope a different good game is announced, to help soften the blow if Red Dead isn't shown.

Kinda like at E3. Dammit, no Red Dead, but oh look Skyrim remaster!!!

Father Girth
  • Father Girth

So what am I, the button pusher?

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 August 2016 - 08:31 PM Edited by Father Girth, 31 August 2016 - 10:01 PM.

Well worst case scenario is after the conference next week, we won't be getting hard everytime a conference comes up. To the Newswire, boys!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users