Quantcast

» «
Photo

[Archive] Red Dead Redemption 2 Rumour Mill: Leaks, Speculation...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2,619 replies to this topic
Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 April 2016 - 12:29 AM Edited by Noclue_42, 27 April 2016 - 12:29 AM.

No way that map is real. Even the "updated" version of it.

Idk, I'd say this map is 97% fake.

that map was "leaked" to cool down all the JUSTICE FOR THE BENZ talk....it worked. but I still sincerely hope the benz will win the case (yeah, READ this... R*)

Adrian J.
  • Adrian J.

Power To The People

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2016 - 08:44 AM

Since when are Rockstar maps remotely geographically realistic though?  And the more territory they cover, the less realistic they become.  Where is a place like Tall Trees anywhere near the Mexican border?  Or look at the San Andreas map.  That doesn't even kind of look like the proximity or relative positions of those three cities.  The more they want to incorporate into a map, the more reality gets tossed out the window.

Yea right, but they resemble the real thing more or less as R* moved along. Look at current LC or LS, they are somewhat really close to real cities.

What we are talking here is a complete f*ck up of the continent.

Besides, I've played RDR last night and took a look at the map. The Flat Iron Lake is surrounded by land, no rivers split off or anything. Same thing from a Caracano Rifle's scope, land and more land, no mountains in the distance (small hills, nothing like Nekoti Rock). So R* would have to disregard the world they've created.

I know I ramble a lot, but I don't want this to be the new map. It's not, but damn who knows.

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2016 - 08:59 AM Edited by Nutsack McQueen, 28 April 2016 - 08:59 AM.

I would also call the way the US is seemingly a group of islands in GTA a complete f*ck up of the continent.
  • Nutduster likes this

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2016 - 02:22 PM Edited by Nutduster, 28 April 2016 - 02:22 PM.

I would also call the way the US is seemingly a group of islands in GTA a complete f*ck up of the continent.

Agreed.  Map may not be real (I don't have a strong opinion either way though I am hopeful that it is, if only because it means that development is well underway).  But "realism" is certainly not the reason it would be fake.  They do whatever they feel like and whatever is good for the game, basically.

DustyRider
  • DustyRider

Dammit!

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2016 - 04:11 PM

i think what he meant was that rdr series is set in a more realistic world than gta. like rdr has nyc and la

in gta you have planes and stuff so it's a design choice, it would be a waste for example in gtav (ps3 especially) to have textures and stuff loading in areas no one would go to.

Rockstar Vienna
  • Rockstar Vienna

Sir Love-A-Lot

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 28 April 2016 - 07:58 PM Edited by Rockstar Vienna, 28 April 2016 - 08:01 PM.

Since when are Rockstar maps remotely geographically realistic though?  And the more territory they cover, the less realistic they become.  Where is a place like Tall Trees anywhere near the Mexican border?  Or look at the San Andreas map.  That doesn't even kind of look like the proximity or relative positions of those three cities.  The more they want to incorporate into a map, the more reality gets tossed out the window.

Besides, I've played RDR last night and took a look at the map. The Flat Iron Lake is surrounded by land, no rivers split off or anything. Same thing from a Caracano Rifle's scope, land and more land, no mountains in the distance (small hills, nothing like Nekoti Rock). So R* would have to disregard the world they've created

Haha, i did the same thing a few days ago. I think it doesn't really matter if the area north and east of Blackwater would be totally different in Red Dead 3. Believable or not. Anyway... I took a look at that area. There actually are bigger snowy mountains in the back (left and right). I just want a big snowy area in the new game. Rockstar is so great at creating believable environments. But they never tried something like AC3. North Yankton in GTA V looks amazing. I want that deep and great looking snow in the next Red Dead too. That's why i hope this map with "The Grizzlies" is the real deal.

Sry for the bad quality!

Spoiler

• Nutduster likes this

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2016 - 12:56 AM Edited by Nutsack McQueen, 29 April 2016 - 06:47 PM.

There's actually a lot of map area you can explore in Red Dead Redemption outside of the actual area where you're supposed to play. There are glitches for the game that allow you to get outside and you can pretty much walk anywhere until you reach a certain border where the texture quality gets really low and you'll fall through the ground. Actually you could pretty much go to the south-western parts of the supposed new map and make comparisons to the leak. It wouldn't necessarily prove anything though as it's an area we're not supposed to access so it's believable that they would change things for the new game.

Also the Outfitter in RDR's multiplayer is actually set in the outside area I was talking about. You can go to the place and find the boxes and torches and stuff.

Adrian J.
  • Adrian J.

Power To The People

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2016 - 05:36 PM

ekhm... Flat Iron Lake is over there

1trmKTa.jpg?1

That hill on the pic is barley outside the map. Besides dude your from Austria, you know what a mountain looks like.

Why am I posting this? Idk, anything RDR related is worth talking about?

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
  • Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2016
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted 29 April 2016 - 06:56 PM

Personally, I hope it takes place in the years before Red Dead Redemption, for no reason other than the timeline.  If takes place after, we'll be getting far too into the modern era, the west was already dying as evidenced by the existence of paved roads and automobiles in Blackwater and I think a lot of the charm will be lost.  

Either earlier or concurrent, in a totally different place.  And please.... no more end of game lame protagonist replacement.

F*ck you, Jack.

F*ck you.

• Pastry, Payne Killer and monkb4skunk like this

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2016 - 08:21 PM

There should have been a cheat that lets us play as John after the game's over instead of the opposite.
  • AlienTwo, Payne Killer and The Deadite like this

Rockstar Vienna
  • Rockstar Vienna

Sir Love-A-Lot

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 29 April 2016 - 09:30 PM

That hill on the pic is barley outside the map. Besides dude your from Austria, you know what a mountain looks like.

And even if it's just a little hill or something totally different. Like i said, Rockstar will do whatever they want with the lake, rivers and mountains or hills around that area if they really connect the new map with the world of Redemption. I was just curious what R* placed east and north of blackwater, that's all dude! Never tried to prove that there's a connection between that spot in Redemption and the leaked map. But since you don't like this map... What do you expect from the world in Red Dead 3?

And yeah, as an Austrian i do know what a mountain looks like. :p

jrl51592
  • jrl51592

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2016 - 07:04 AM

Personally, I hope it takes place in the years before Red Dead Redemption, for no reason other than the timeline.  If takes place after, we'll be getting far too into the modern era, the west was already dying as evidenced by the existence of paved roads and automobiles in Blackwater and I think a lot of the charm will be lost.  

Either earlier or concurrent, in a totally different place.  And please.... no more end of game lame protagonist replacement.

F*ck you, Jack.

F*ck you.

Work you damn nag!

Also, I agree with you.

I'm hyped for a new Red Dead!
  • Pastry and AlienTwo like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 30 April 2016 - 08:03 AM

I hope to see a younger Bonnie MacFarlane featured in the Story. Additionally, it could also help explain some additional background story of why she ended up running the Farm.

All of this is pertinent if the Story is a Prequel of Sorts.

Mojave Courier
  • Mojave Courier

Let's Drop the Beat!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 April 2016 - 10:38 AM

I hope they introduce GTA's clothing system, with choosing different tops, bottoms and hats.

Adrian J.
  • Adrian J.

Power To The People

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2016 - 06:35 PM

And even if it's just a little hill or something totally different. Like i said, Rockstar will do whatever they want with the lake, rivers and mountains or hills around that area if they really connect the new map with the world of Redemption. I was just curious what R* placed east and north of blackwater, that's all dude! Never tried to prove that there's a connection between that spot in Redemption and the leaked map. But since you don't like this map... What do you expect from the world in Red Dead 3?

And yeah, as an Austrian i do know what a mountain looks like. :p

Well... for one I hope it's set back in the old west, like Red Dead Revolver. Maybe some Nevada/Arizona/Utah, perhaps playing as a lawmen this time. We already had two bad ass outlaws, why not a marshal for example who had to chase down one.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2016
    Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 30 April 2016 - 07:51 PM

It's a wonder with the newly uncovered "Judas" trademark, how come nothing has been found for Red Dead? They already own the "Red Dead" trademark obviously, but if a sequel was truly ready to be announced you would think there could be some recently registered domain names out there somewhere or something.

• AlienTwo likes this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 30 April 2016 - 07:55 PM

Assuming the game is set a few years after RDR, will there be drivable cars? Horses are f*cking obsolete, I want to drive a monoposto through the desert.

terrible idea.

if you want a game with cars play GTA or Mafia.... or like 99% of the games out there already.

Red Dead needs horses and stage coaches and steam trains. it doesn't need cars.

• Zello likes this

Aqua
  • Aqua

~~~~

• BUSTED!
  • United-Nations

Posted 30 April 2016 - 08:04 PM Edited by ~SophisticatedAviator~, 30 April 2016 - 08:05 PM.

Well, I'm also hoping that they have some sort of a large mine or cave system as part of the map.

jrl51592
  • jrl51592

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2016 - 12:21 AM Edited by jrl51592, 01 May 2016 - 12:22 AM.

I hope to see a younger Bonnie MacFarlane featured in the Story. Additionally, it could also help explain some additional background story of why she ended up running the Farm.

All of this is pertinent if the Story is a Prequel of Sorts.

All but one of her siblings have died with each of them dying from various causes. Her only surviving sibling became a banker in New York if I remember correctly. So it was up to her to be the one to help her father run the Ranch. She does give more back story about herself when you first start doing missions for her. I don't think there's any information about her mother though.

RandompedestrianfromLC
  • RandompedestrianfromLC

Liberty City

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2016 - 04:24 PM

What if they do old times version of GTA V's North Yankton and other places around it. I think it could work well and fit to the game.

Ludendorf wasnt there yet in old west times since the city started in 1945, but theres of course other towns.

http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Ludendorff

"Bad characteristics covered in Christs blood"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2016 - 08:44 AM

I don't know what to say regarding the next Red Dead besides "I like Trains". It was a cool feature to be able to ride the train and "Vehicle Surf" it but I wouldn't mind being able to drive it although even for an old locomotive that would be very unrealistic. 

Other than that I really have nothing to add. Although I often doubt Rockstar's ability as a company at the moment, I personally think that R* San Diego (The studio that I believe makes Red Dead) is the most competent of all the R* studios. They made an absolute Gem with Red Dead Redemption and I have faith that they'll make another great game. Although I too was upset about John Dying in Redemption I soon came to realize that was why this game was such a masterpiece. I believe R*'s goal was to toy with our emotions and that's exactly what they did. At first I felt like crying because I was frustrated that I played so long with a likable character just for all that progress with him to be wiped away at a moments notice. It frustrated me until I realized that it was R* goal to make a story so compelling that you can't help but to have had "feels" for the main character. They did their job and they did it well IMO. 

Blaziken
  • Blaziken

Player Hater

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:24 PM Edited by Blaziken, 11 May 2016 - 06:25 PM.

Didn't TakeTwo said they were coming with big news at the E3?
So what if Rockstar announced a new Red Dead on their website during the E3 and the big news of TakeTwo soon after that would be some kind of shared universe between Red Dead 3 and Mafia 3? I'm just brainstorming here judging from that supposedly leaked map also having a city called New Bordeaux just like the one from Mafia III.

Jabalous
  • Jabalous

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:46 PM

Mafia 3 and Red Dead 3 in a shared world? that would be silly and can never happen. In different occasions, Take2 clearly stated that Rockstar and 2K work in very separate ways and there are no shared resources between them. As for the map, I don't know why the good faker, who I believe made the map for fun, did a moderately good job at doing the art, but thought that New Bordeaux is a suitable name for a town. I think that he deliberately did so in order to force some kind of a connection between Mafia and Red Dead, which is a complete joke at best. His/Her map could've been more believable without including New Bordeaux, or even Redemption's Blackwater town.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:20 PM Edited by Zello, 11 May 2016 - 07:21 PM.

I never bought that map leak first it's way too big and in Red Dead New York exists in the Mafia series New York is replaced by Empire Bay I think

Nem_Wan
  • Nem_Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 May 2016 - 06:59 PM

I never bought that map leak first it's way too big and in Red Dead New York exists in the Mafia series New York is replaced by Empire Bay I think

It's not unbelievably big. Including West Elizabeth reappearing, it's 60% more land area than Redemption but still not as big as GTAV. If you saw a version that had the entire Redemption map returning, that was just for comparison.

Original Light
  • Original Light

You Float Like a Feather

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 15 May 2016 - 10:56 PM

It's a wonder with the newly uncovered "Judas" trademark, how come nothing has been found for Red Dead? They already own the "Red Dead" trademark obviously, but if a sequel was truly ready to be announced you would think there could be some recently registered domain names out there somewhere or something.

Well, weeks before GTA V was announced, did they register a trademark for it? Looking back at past games would give us an idea, but I'm not sure myself. They probably wouldn't want people to see the full name, "Red Dead (insert name here)" would give it away.  

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 16 May 2016 - 01:09 AM

GTA V, along with other weird ass GTA trademarks are registered since like 2003. Probably for safety. "Grand Theft Auto V", however, was filed on November 3 2011, as soon as they announced it, oddly.

http://tmsearch.uspt...4803:tkgkm2.3.1

• Original Light likes this

Jabalous
  • Jabalous

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:58 PM

RED DEAD trademark is reserved by Take2. According to link below, it was filed in December 2011 and registered in August 2012.

https://trademarks.j...d-85502192.html

For the record, RED DEAD REDEMPTION was filed in June 2009 and registered in July 2012. See link below.

https://trademarks.j...n-77754076.html

• Spider-Vice likes this

Jabalous
  • Jabalous

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2016 - 07:55 PM Edited by FiS!!HeR, 16 May 2016 - 09:36 PM.

Hunting in Linkedin reveals good hints.

Lee Imes (Website): Joined San Diego studio in August 2013. Has Clint Eastwood on his profile picture. His website shows his attempts at modeling Clint. 

Derek Payne: Worked in Rockstar since DMA design. Left recently (March). He says: 'In addition to GTA, I worked on UI aspects of as yet unreleased/unannounced titles' (nothing new, but still interesting) .

I can go on and on, but it's easy nowadays to do a Google search (rockstar games unannounced site:linkedin.com) and you will find interesting stuff. This guy for example (LINK) says that he worked on GTA V, Max Payne 3 and an unannounced title during his time in Toronto studio between 2011-2013.

I just hope we somehow stumble upon a profile that precisely lists the title of an unannounced game (Red Dead 3 for example). As far as I remember, There were times in the past when some developers mentioned GTA5 on their profiles prior to its announcements.

image.png

image.png

Nothing earth-shattering, but interesting nonetheless given the current saturated atmosphere that is caused by GTA Online. A glimpse of hope? light in the darkness? this kind of thing :)

• Spider-Vice and Mega like this

Yan2295
  • Yan2295

Admin GTANF

• Members
  • Canada
  • Most Respected 2016

Posted 16 May 2016 - 11:50 PM

At this point it's pretty damn obvious that Rockstar's next title is a new Red Dead, and that it's surely going to be announced this year, most likely at E3.

• Mega likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users