Quantcast

» «
Photo

[Archive] Red Dead Redemption 2 Rumour Mill: Leaks, Speculation...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2,619 replies to this topic
Baked English Beans
  • Baked English Beans

[Insert cheeky line here]

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 31 March 2016 - 08:15 PM

Since a new Red Dead is quite likely somewhere in Rockstar's pipeline, I thought I'd make a thread where we could speculate and share ideas and even map concepts. 

• TheMeatKing likes this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forgetti.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 31 March 2016 - 08:21 PM

I think it will be set somewhere in the old west and there might be a horse or two involved.

• FrikkenZz, R4gN0r0K, Iroquois and 12 others like this

Baked English Beans
  • Baked English Beans

[Insert cheeky line here]

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 31 March 2016 - 08:25 PM

Hmm, you might be on to something...

• theGTAking101 likes this

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 01 April 2016 - 07:04 AM Edited by Noclue_42, 01 April 2016 - 07:05 AM.

funny how this thread musta been overlooked by the happily-thread-closing mods....

next Red Dead will go FORWARD in time is what I think....but who knows really

also, http://gtaforums.com...ead-redemption/

Rich.
  • Rich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2016 - 11:38 AM Edited by Rich., 13 April 2016 - 11:39 AM.

A user on NeoGAF posted an alleged photo of the map for internal use. He eventually took it down at the request of his source. (Link)

aNuZxUn.jpg

Whether or not it is real, it feels good to get some actual speculation going.

• Angelless likes this

kBlaise
  • kBlaise

"We're two hombres in a strange town..."

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 13 April 2016 - 12:55 PM

99% not real. It's like drawing a sketch of the surroundings of Liberty City and labeling it "leaked GTA V map".

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2016 - 05:36 PM Edited by Nutsack McQueen, 20 April 2016 - 05:37 PM.

Train robbery should be like a proper side activity in the next Red Dead. You could come across a train with a cart holding a safe full of cash in it or something and it would actually be defended by guards in the train. Would be cool if we could also detach train carts from each other like they do in some movies.

Also would be nice if the Ford Model T was actually driveable this time around. Although the new game might be set during a time when it hadn't been built yet so we'll see.

• 018361, Wu-Tang Forever, UltraGizmo64 and 6 others like this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2016 - 05:39 PM

I wanna be a real Outlaw

• UltraGizmo64, feckyerlife and Pastry like this

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2016 - 05:49 PM Edited by feckyerlife, 20 April 2016 - 05:50 PM.

I wanna be a real Outlaw

Yeah i am hoping we get to be a character along the lines of Billy the Kid/Curly Bill/Johnny Ringo

• Zello likes this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:03 PM Edited by Zello, 21 April 2016 - 07:03 PM.

I hope we can actually buy clothes this time doing all those objectives for the outfits was annoying

• UltraGizmo64, confederatestatesgta, feckyerlife and 5 others like this

MyName'sJeff
  • MyName'sJeff

Schmidt f*cked the Captain's daughter!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:31 PM

There should be carriages that carry dead bodies, it would be so fun to steal one of them and throw it off a cliff lel. That actually should have been in RDR now that I think about it.

• feckyerlife likes this

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

negan is awsome.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2016 - 01:29 PM

i want to have a first person mode. now i know the one in gta 5 needs some work but if they revamped it i would love it. how cool would it be to ride a horse and have shootouts all in first person. i also want more focus on native americans. they had a minor part in red dead redemption but i want them to be a major part. like some speculated a native american protag could be cool. there could be friendly and enemy tribes. i also want some references or veterans from the civil war. also for the multiplayer i dont want them to implement shark cards.

• ClaudeSpeed1911, UltraGizmo64 and DEADLY-BREED like this

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2016 - 06:05 PM Edited by Nutduster, 22 April 2016 - 06:05 PM.

For a first effort, I think the first person mode in GTA V is really well done.  I was expecting borderline junk, but I've ended up using it exclusively when on foot (I still go third person in vehicles).  It's not perfect but it also wasn't just an afterthought, they clearly put a ton of work into it.

Strangely, I don't have as much interest in seeing it in Red Dead, though I wouldn't mind if it was an option of course.

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

Rockstar Vienna
  • Rockstar Vienna

Sir Love-A-Lot

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 22 April 2016 - 07:34 PM

I thought about the leaked map again. The fact that there's no railroad in West Elizabeth makes this map even more believable. In 1911, during Redemption's story the railroad in West Elizabeth was pretty new. So a few years earlier there was no railroad across the whole map of RDR. With Red Dead 3 we'll most likely get a prequel to Redemption so the absence of the railroad in West Elizabeth on the leaked map makes sense. If the map turnes out to be fake, kudos to the guy behind it if he really thought about that detail. Cause I don't think he just forgot to add the railroad...

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2016 - 07:42 PM Edited by Nutsack McQueen, 22 April 2016 - 07:46 PM.

For a first effort, I think the first person mode in GTA V is really well done.  I was expecting borderline junk, but I've ended up using it exclusively when on foot (I still go third person in vehicles).  It's not perfect but it also wasn't just an afterthought, they clearly put a ton of work into it.

Strangely, I don't have as much interest in seeing it in Red Dead, though I wouldn't mind if it was an option of course.

I hardly ever use first-person mode. Mainly due to the low FOV which I don't understand why R* won't just let us increase further without modding and also because tapping X(Playstation controller) to sprint feels really weird and awkward in first-person. I should probably just learn to play with mouse and keyboard since I'm on PC, would make shooting easier as well.

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 22 April 2016 - 07:54 PM

GTA V was the first approach at FPM, I hope they re-use it for the next Red Dead, that they tweak things and have it polished. It would suit the western genre really well!

also, in terms of story, I said this before, but I would love a LAST MAN STANDING remake. Last Man Standing is a remake of Fistful of Dollars, which again is a remake of Yojimbo. it would be so awesome to have those vibes delivered in the next RD game.

With Red Dead 3 we'll most likely get a prequel to Redemption

still hopin it will be a sequel, that we'll move forward in time!

use the 30's, prohibition, rival gangs, alcohol and weapon trades, two sides, and a man caught inbetween....F*CKING LAST MAN STANDING!

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2016 - 01:34 AM

also for the multiplayer i dont want them to implement shark cards.

Red Dead online lol fighting people over horses!

Spoiler

That's not your horse

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2016 - 07:33 AM

I hope we can actually buy clothes this time doing all those objectives for the outfits was annoying

This. I hated having to do that stupid finger game just to get an outfit and 100%

• Zello likes this

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2016 - 05:49 PM Edited by Nutduster, 23 April 2016 - 05:50 PM.

With Red Dead 3 we'll most likely get a prequel to Redemption

still hopin it will be a sequel, that we'll move forward in time!

use the 30's, prohibition, rival gangs, alcohol and weapon trades, two sides, and a man caught inbetween....F*CKING LAST MAN STANDING!

None of that has anything to do with the western frontier though.  The West of the first two Red Dead games was extinct by the 30s, and Redemption was a game largely about its dying gasps.  I definitely think this next game will be a prequel (or a "spiritual sequel" that just happens to be set in a slightly earlier time period).

• confederatestatesgta and Carmencitas like this

otachi
  • otachi

Bring out the gimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2016 - 06:10 PM

I hope they release it on pc.

• 018361 likes this

henriquedematos
  • henriquedematos

Proud member of the SA Pfister Owners Club™

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 24 April 2016 - 10:24 PM

Assuming the game is set a few years after RDR, will there be drivable cars? Horses are f*cking obsolete, I want to drive a monoposto through the desert.

alfa-romeo-1923.jpg

Original Light
  • Original Light

You Float Like a Feather

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2016 - 10:39 PM Edited by Original Light, 26 April 2016 - 08:36 PM.

Assuming the game is set a few years after RDR, will there be drivable cars? Horses are f*cking obsolete, I want to drive a monoposto through the desert.

alfa-romeo-1923.jpg

I don't think the next game will be set after RDR, since RDR's time period was already at the end of the Wild West. Anything later and you're out of the Western period, and getting into a civilized, modern 20th century. Also, there were cars in RDR. One was a static vehicle parked in Blackwater, the other was an actual working car, but you could only ride in it as a passenger during a mission or two for Edgar Ross. R* didn't even make those driveable, so I doubt they would in the next game, since it removes the feeling of being in the Wild West.

• PhillBellic, UltraGizmo64, temi4328 and 5 others like this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2016 - 11:12 PM Edited by Zello, 24 April 2016 - 11:13 PM.

Why do people want cars in Red dead? one of the main things I like about Red dead is that it's Grand Theft Horse driving cars in the game would sort of take away that feeling.

• R4gN0r0K, Original Light, PhillBellic and 4 others like this

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2016 - 11:35 PM Edited by Nutsack McQueen, 24 April 2016 - 11:36 PM.

Yeah the main focus should be on riding horses, but I wouldn't mind if they added one driveable car into the game as well as an end game vehicle. They could make it super sh*tty off-road.

• Original Light, UltraGizmo64 and henriquedematos like this

RandompedestrianfromLC
  • RandompedestrianfromLC

Liberty City

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2016 - 11:45 PM

The leaked map is fake. Probably fan made.

I think it should set in other place, and not in the same map.

• Original Light and UltraGizmo64 like this

henriquedematos
  • henriquedematos

Proud member of the SA Pfister Owners Club™

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 25 April 2016 - 05:58 PM

Yeah the main focus should be on riding horses, but I wouldn't mind if they added one driveable car into the game as well as an end game vehicle. They could make it super sh*tty off-road.

That's pretty much what I meant. I do remember the Model T in Blackwater and the rideable armored car on that one mission, but we sure could use a small dozen of cars driving around roads and small towns even if they were not to replace horses in all-around use. Storytelling-wise, it could even be an interesting contrast, the natural old west versus the new synthetic industrial America.

kBlaise
  • kBlaise

"We're two hombres in a strange town..."

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 25 April 2016 - 07:32 PM

That's pretty much what I meant. I do remember the Model T in Blackwater and the rideable armored car on that one mission, but we sure could use a small dozen of cars driving around roads and small towns even if they were not to replace horses in all-around use. Storytelling-wise, it could even be an interesting contrast, the natural old west versus the new synthetic industrial America.

We already had that contrast in Redemption. Sure it was "only" one car, but still, there were brick roads in Blackwater while Armadillo and it's surroundings were still rural as hell. I'd like to see the "golden age" of the old West, with train tracks just being built. Classic "cowboys and indians".

• UltraGizmo64, confederatestatesgta, Zello and 2 others like this

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:28 PM

I just want the freedom to dual wield revolvers...and to be able to shootdodge! YES, basically I want the Max Payne 3 combat movement in the next Red Dead title. Who wouldn't want that tbh?! After all Max Payne 3 was the best approach and the closest R* came to perfection in terms of gunplay!

• UltraGizmo64, confederatestatesgta and BurnettVice like this

Adrian J.
  • Adrian J.

RIP Chris

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2016 - 06:53 AM Edited by Adrian J., 26 April 2016 - 07:11 AM.

No way that map is real. Even the "updated" version of it.

There are few things that bug me.

New Bordeaux, is that suppose to be New Orleans? If so it's all geographically messed up as it seems to be facing a landmass that would be the continuation of Mexico if it were to connect to old Red Dead map. Mexico is nowhere near there, but a huge ass body of water.

There doesn't seem to be any bridges to the "new" areas from the old ones.

An area (of the supposed new map) called Dewberry Creek, it looks like there is no water there.

Idk, I'd say this map is 97% fake.

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2016 - 09:19 PM Edited by Nutduster, 26 April 2016 - 09:21 PM.

New Bordeaux, is that suppose to be New Orleans? If so it's all geographically messed up as it seems to be facing a landmass that would be the continuation of Mexico if it were to connect to old Red Dead map. Mexico is nowhere near there, but a huge ass body of water.

Since when are Rockstar maps remotely geographically realistic though?  And the more territory they cover, the less realistic they become.  Where is a place like Tall Trees anywhere near the Mexican border?  Or look at the San Andreas map.  That doesn't even kind of look like the proximity or relative positions of those three cities.  The more they want to incorporate into a map, the more reality gets tossed out the window.

There doesn't seem to be any bridges to the "new" areas from the old ones.

That's a definite puzzle.  Maybe they're trying to maintain continuity with Redemption though.  Maybe only boat travel will be possible between the two areas.  (This is all total speculation.)  Another possibility - maybe you'll only play part of the game in the old map area, then move to the new area via cutscene and never go back.  Though that would be a bummer.

An area (of the supposed new map) called Dewberry Creek, it looks like there is no water there.

That doesn't mean a lot.  Could be a dried-up creek, or one too small for the map, or it could just be a name with no meaning behind it except sounding colorfully Westernish.

• The Deadite likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users