Quantcast

» «
Photo

Your Favorite Thing About GTA V!

82 replies to this topic

Poll: Your Favorite Parts of GTA V? (96 member(s) have cast votes)

What Is Your Favorite Part of GTA V?

1. The Protagonists Switching Mechanics (26 votes [11.66%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.66%

2. The Improved Driving Physics (20 votes [8.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.97%

3. Special Abilities (11 votes [4.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.93%

4. Humor (17 votes [7.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.62%

5. Online (15 votes [6.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.73%

6. Animals - For the First Time In A GTA game (26 votes [11.66%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.66%

7. The Storyline and Writing (18 votes [8.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.07%

8. The Incredible Map (34 votes [15.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.25%

9. Incredibly Variety In Gameplay (20 votes [8.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.97%

10. Something Else Not Listed Here - Please Specify In Your Post (36 votes [16.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote
ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 March 2016 - 04:22 AM

Another AWESOME thing about V that didn't make the list is the beautifully detailed underwater environment. It is amazing to get to explore shipwrecks, fish, sharks, and a ton of undersea awesomeness.

• Al3x_XXI likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 March 2016 - 09:17 AM

- City life/peds - Absolutely love how much deeper the pedestrian lives are. So many little things going on the background from workmen doing their jobs, people hanging around taking photos (happens all over the map, as there's so many awesome things to take shots of), people running along the beach, hanging out at cafes or even just walking their dogs. This gives the world so much atmosphere and makes it feel so much more real. We still get the odd ped-clone here and there in busier areas but the groups of identikit pedestrians walking around is a thing of the past. 

- Denser trafiic - Again, the world feels more alive when the traffic is heavy. Playing Frogger on the highway at night is a hell of a gamble and just watching all the cars speeding by is really cool. The variety of cars in the traffic really helps too - once again, we see less cloning than in previous games, making the world feel more alive. 

- World is beautiful - Not only does the world feel more alive, but it looks absolutely stunning. Many complain that the world is unrealistic but to me it feels more like a real place than any other game world I've played in. The trees, the grass, the bugs, the wildlife. The world is big and filled with details, which leads me neatly to...

- Exploration - in all III era games, you could see most of the world within a day's play. San An aside, of course, as it's bloated out by the nonsensical SF chapter. But with III, VC, and even IV to some extent, exploration isn't as satisfying as it could be. There's not a lot to find in the previous games, really. You can walk around for hours and find nothing. Whereas in V, if you really take your time to look around there's little things everywhere. From the little symbols that have the secret hunters going crazy to all the more obvious easter eggs, it's just beautiful. I love to explore in games, love to just take in all the detail and effort the world creators have sunk into the world and in V, there's just so much of it. 

- "Random" stuff - Not just the random encounters but the larger easter eggs, like the Thelma and Louise canyon jump and the No Country for Old Men shootout aftermath. These little things make it feel like things are happening even when you're not around. Of course, they're not, but it gives the illusion of things happening. This isn't the case in any previous GTA game. It really feels like there are loads of pedestrians on paths in previous games, rather than it feeling like the world's actions are entirely dependent on your input. V breaks this mold and makes things happen in the world around you, and some of these things can easily be missed if you're not paying attention. That right there, makes the world feel amazing to play in. When you add to that all the S&Fs and the random encounters, you can quite easily get lost in the world in a metaphysical sense, just taken in by everything that happens around you. Other games have tried to mimic this but no one does it like Rockstar. 

• ChiroVette, CarlitoDorito, Al3x_XXI and 2 others like this

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:15 PM Edited by ChiroVette, 29 March 2016 - 12:37 PM.

Good points, Fuzz. Though I actually prefer the traffic to be a little lighter because congestion, while adding to the realism in a big city, is really annoying to have to try and drive through, particularly when you like driving fast. I think that this is one of the MANY things that V does better than IV, though, because what Rockstar did this time around is even with a lot of traffic, they vastly increased the size of the road AND improved the driving physics immeasurably, which makes navigating through the sometimes heavy traffic a lot more fun.

Man, I am blown away by how many improvements V brings to the table!

Edit: Another shoutout to the AWESOME mods for cleaning out all the disparaging, trolling posts in this thread and editing out the baiting comments from some particularly nasty posts!

• Fuzzknuckles and Al3x_XXI like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 29 March 2016 - 02:16 PM

Another AWESOME thing about V that didn't make the list is the beautifully detailed underwater environment. It is amazing to get to explore shipwrecks, fish, sharks, and a ton of undersea awesomeness.

Not a huge fan of the detailed underwater environment, but it does have a creepy kind of "deep into the abyss" feel if you take the sub deep below or dive.
  • ChiroVette and Sonny3787 like this

CarlitoDorito
  • CarlitoDorito

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 March 2016 - 02:35 PM Edited by CarlitoDorito, 29 March 2016 - 02:46 PM.

The map. Not so much the layout, some bits of LS seem a bit small but it's full of eater eggs and things to see, some stunning views. I like chiliad, how big it looks from sandy shores. The country roads are good I think. It's the most dangerous GTA map, with the Cougars and sharks, mountains to fall down, drowning and being crushed by water pressure. You can go really high and really low. That ocean!

Also the editor. Animals too, V's countryside without them and sky without birds would take away some of the charm for me. People walking dogs is good, rats in alleys and the ocean without all the life wouldn't be as good at all.
  • ChiroVette and Al3x_XXI like this

BobFromReboot
  • BobFromReboot

Hustler

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 March 2016 - 02:36 PM

I can't think of any one feature that I like the most. A lot of features are done well, but could be improved.

But one thing that sort of does stand out, as it is a first to the series and can't really be improved upon, is the amount of ladders Rockstar placed around the world. Finally we are given easy access to rooftops.

I just think it goes well with exploring alleys in first person. That and running into stray cats and rats makes urban exploration really cool.

• ChiroVette, Fuzzknuckles, Sonny3787 and 1 other like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 March 2016 - 02:40 PM

I can't think of any one feature that I like the most. A lot of features are done well, but could be improved.

But one thing that sort of does stand out, as it is a first to the series and can't really be improved upon, is the amount of ladders Rockstar placed around the world. Finally we are given easy access to rooftops.

I just think it goes well with exploring alleys in first person. That and running into stray cats and rats makes urban exploration really cool.

Absolutely. There's very few buildings you can't access from either their own street-level fire exits and such, which is great for exploration, and can often provide interesting advantages in Online if you know where to go. 

In IV, where we're supposed to believe we're in a sort-of New York, this is nearly unknown. There's very few roofs you can access without a helicopter, yet one of the defining features of New York architecture is the external fire exits. It's great that they addressed something that I assume was an oversight in IV, as it's shocking that they made them either inaccessible or, even worse, gave them no collision.  I think even SA had more accessible roof tops than IV. 

• ChiroVette likes this

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 29 March 2016 - 02:41 PM

Besides the options I voted, the PC port gives me really a lot of joy that I didn't expect from Rockstar; one of the best PC Ports in a long time.
I've spend countless hours in enjoying modded GTA SA and it's a pleasant surprise that V returning to SA also provided a great modding support ( though the greedy Take Two wishes nothing but bad for mods ) thanks to the great modding community.
All in all, the PC version alone made me look at V with a new perspective and give it a fresh start. The great PC port alone; single handedly outweigh a number of the disappointing aspects with the game for me.
  • ChiroVette likes this

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 March 2016 - 02:53 PM

Not a huge fan of the detailed underwater environment, but it does have a creepy kind of "deep into the abyss" feel if you take the sub deep below or dive.
I love the underwater environment. Playing as a shark reminded me of Jaws Unleashed, I really loved that game. Some people say it was a waste of disc space, I say the next game should devote even more resources to it.
  • ChiroVette, Fuzzknuckles and Al3x_XXI like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 March 2016 - 03:14 PM

The underwater world is very impressive. I've not spent much time down there, but I when I do, it always feels amazing and immersive. That horrible knot in the stomach as your sub goes further and further down, and you can't see anything on any side, but you know there could be something there. That sort of feeling seems like it should be impossible in a video game, but they've managed it. It's the little things like the near-silence, the muffled effect on anything that does make a sound, and the general feeling of unease that sinks in. Just amazing, completely unparalleled in pretty much all games - and there are games that are specifically about the ocean and the world under the sea that don't even come close to creating the same feeling. Another triumph, that sadly many will never see or give more than a few minutes in missions or collections. 

• ChiroVette, Sonny3787, Piggsy pls and 2 others like this

Lester-The-Molester
  • Lester-The-Molester

When there's no cops, anything's legal!

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 March 2016 - 05:27 PM

@Fuzz
Sadly, it will most likely be removed in GTA 6 because of all the people complaining it's a waste of space and whatnot.
  • ChiroVette likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 March 2016 - 05:50 PM

@Fuzz
Sadly, it will most likely be removed in GTA 6 because of all the people complaining it's a waste of space and whatnot.

That'd be a real shame. I guess if they can make it more vital to story it could survive, but I fear you're right.
  • ChiroVette likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 29 March 2016 - 05:53 PM

It's not listed on here, but I really like the Snapmatic. I've taken some incredible shots just walking/driving around (See the "Southern San Andreas Appreciation" thread).:)

This is a big feature to me as well. It definitely adds to the replay value to be able to take pictures in sandbox games like this. I always wanted such a feature in IV and it was very much possible but they chose not to do it. But now, I can do photoshoots or capture the moment. Love it.
  • Fuzzknuckles likes this

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 March 2016 - 05:56 PM

@Fuzz

That'd be a real shame. I guess if they can make it more vital to story it could survive, but I fear you're right.

I doubt that will happen. Thankfully Rockstar doesn't make future GTA decisions based on the minority of dissenters and naysayers in this forum. They are paying attention to the fans overall, though, which is why surely GTA VI will be a vast improvement on the awesome ideas implemented in V.

• Al3x_XXI likes this

DANIEL3GS
  • DANIEL3GS

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 March 2016 - 06:07 PM

Voted for something else. The seamless switching of night and day. And the weather effects.
  • Fuzzknuckles, theGTAking101, Scaglietti and 1 other like this

cryptorelic
  • cryptorelic

odĕrint dum metŭant

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 29 March 2016 - 06:24 PM

For some reason i had believe in a very different story line after watching the first trailer.

I expected a lot more calmness and less action driven missions. The whole thing turned out to be way different of what i have expected.

I know it sounds stupid but the first trailer gave me so much chills, enjoyment of starting this very game up and just "be there".

The word "retirement" came up once in that trailer, and that was it. I was almost glad it was going to be that way of a story/game.

I expected a finished journey from mainly one character, Michael of course. Living in his mansion performing daily tasks / hobbies to improve / enjoy his "best shape situation".

I mainly expected "the game" to happen during his retirement, with little throwbacks to his past (stories, people, trouble) that got him this far.

However, I like the overall experience of the game, i like the switching mechanics, online is pretty cool and the driving system was nice.

Can't always have what you want, i'm overall happy with the game and look back to a good time / memories during hype and release.

• theGTAking101 likes this

Cheatz_N_Trickz
  • Cheatz_N_Trickz

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 March 2016 - 06:35 PM Edited by Cheatz_N_Trickz, 29 March 2016 - 06:35 PM.

Not surprised "something else" is winning, of course it's the excellent graphics, weather effects etc.
  • josephene123 likes this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 29 March 2016 - 06:39 PM Edited by Journey_95, 29 March 2016 - 06:43 PM.

The map is great as always in Rockstar games. Its very detailed and awesome to explore. Wish LS was bigger though.

And I really liked Michael, he was a great protagonist and the whole game should have been about him imho. 

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 29 March 2016 - 07:16 PM

I really had to choose the graphics, as the thing that keeps me impressed to this day, because the game looks really beautiful, even on previous generation.

• Scaglietti and DANIEL3GS like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 29 March 2016 - 07:51 PM

I really had to choose the graphics, as the thing that keeps me impressed to this day, because the game looks really beautiful, even on previous generation.

Indeed. So detailed, that blew my mind day one.
  • CarlitoDorito likes this

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

FN

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 29 March 2016 - 08:30 PM Edited by Sir Michael, 29 March 2016 - 08:34 PM.

Although there are games with better graphics, I always felt that GTA V was one of the best looking games this generation. The character models, both NPC and Online alike, leave much to be desired when up close, but the lighting and the foliage on the CG and PC versions are very impressive.

Snapmatic and the Editor made me really appreciate San Andreas a lot more. Where IV had interiors and more immersive city, V makes up for it by having a really beautiful countryside. In the eyes of an average player, everything outside the city is boring, but for people who have that photography itch or a knack for flying and cruising around, it's quite a trip, especially in Director Mode. I find myself drifting into sunsets sometimes.

Flying was also one of the biggest selling points for me. I flipped when I saw planes in the announcement trailer, and got sold when I saw the Lazer in the launch trailer. There's really something special about being in the air, especially when I can see the other side of San Andreas when I'm flying near Chiliad. Also, there are some pretty cool places and tight spaces for people who like to pull some dangerous stunts. :p
  • CarlitoDorito likes this

Wu-Tang Forever
  • Wu-Tang Forever

Since I'm not popular, I'll post on a video game forum

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2016 - 12:08 AM

The map for me. It has its kinks (somewhat odd layout, too much ocean (as beautiful as it is) that should have been dedicated to more landmass, lack of much real forest, lack of interiors and restaurants), but the sense of scope and detail this monster has is staggering, especially on the current gen version. Los Santos feels much more lived-in and real, and Blaine County benefits the most - the vastly improved flora helps mask the lackluster almost PS2-looking ground textures that were so blatantly noticeable in the last-gen versions. It's still not as amazing as that very first teaser looked, but it's still pretty impressive and a joy to explore.

And while it may not technically cover as much ground as '04 San Andreas (being only SoCal, whereas '04 SA was a mashup of SoCal, NorCal and Nevada), it still has quite a bit of variety, with the city, a couple podunk towns, beaches, mountains, some forest, desert, a military base, a few little caves scattered around, and even the ocean floor (even if I do think there's too much ocean). And even then, they still threw in a little NorCal, with Raton Canyon looking a lot like a miniature Yosemite National Park with those amazing cliffs.

• HaythamKenway and Al3x_XXI like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 30 March 2016 - 01:22 AM

The Inclusion of Female LEO's for the first time.

ExTerminator
  • ExTerminator

Heil Houser!

• Members
  • Iraq

Posted 30 March 2016 - 04:05 AM

The voice acting and mo. cap of the protagonists.

dyspoid
  • dyspoid

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 30 March 2016 - 05:26 AM

Almost everything, except for the vibe.

I think V did a great job of it, but it doesn't feel as strong as that which IV gave me. It's a hard concept to adequately describe in words. Otherwise, everything is undoubtedly better.

I also have to admit that often I felt a little disappointed with the game. Some things, as with most GTA games, could have been better executed.

However, after trying new games and dabbling in other franchises, nothing can actually top V. Nothing. I have a lot of fun and consider myself a massive fan of fallout 4, but still, it doesn't give you that magic feeling that V does. I have especially noticed this after purchasing The Division. Great game, cool concept, a lot of fun - but nowhere near V.

If you don't like V you probably just don't play enough other games to properly appreciate it.

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

garou the badass hero hunter from one punch man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2016 - 01:57 PM

i love that they brought back planes . i love flying in gta 5. the story was great especially trevor. the map is amazing. i love the different environments. i also liked the interiors. now i know they locked alot of them but the interiors that we have are awsome and are fun to have shootouts in. i also really liked north yankton. even though it is only in two missions its so unique and different to the series. im still hoping they use it in a sp dlc. but thats probably just wishful thinking.

Shakermaker
  • Shakermaker

Black Hole Sun

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 31 March 2016 - 03:52 PM Edited by Lamarz, 31 March 2016 - 03:53 PM.

I love how the game looks like a movie and not a TV Show like the previous GTA games.

The ending cutscene (Option C) is just as cool as any Hollywood-action movie.

• Al3x_XXI likes this

JosephStalin
  • JosephStalin

Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem.

• BUSTED!
  • Russia

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:35 PM Edited by FuckingYokel, 21 June 2016 - 02:05 PM.

Dialogue.

First Person Free Roam & Gun Combat.

Weaponry, Gun Customization. 

The Score.

luke1991
  • luke1991

Player Hater

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 June 2016 - 08:07 PM

The map got my vote, but I'd also like to add the music as one of my favourite things too. I just love cruising around the desert and mountain areas whilst blasting out Rebel Radio! 

CaptainRos
  • CaptainRos

Player Hater

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 21 June 2016 - 09:51 PM

Overall... the details. Every single detail in the game! That's why I've started making videos of exploring it. I know it will take me a while, but it's worth it, bro. I absolutely love this game! Rockstar Games definitely know how to deliver a product and when I'm playing GTA V, I can't really tell what can we expect in the new one! Peace \ /

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users