Quantcast

» «
Photo

Playing Without An Internet Connection...

15 replies to this topic
ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 March 2016 - 11:41 PM

Hi, I am going to have my laptop with me tomorrow, heading to my Aunt's for Easter. But she is old school, no Internet. Is there any way to play the SP game for short periods of time without Internet?

Thanks!

SiN-13x
  • SiN-13x

Lunachick Extraordinaire

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 March 2016 - 12:02 AM Edited by SiN-13x, 27 March 2016 - 12:02 AM.

Ummm doesn't SC have an offline mode? <_<

When I went to vegas this year I was able to play GTA V on my laptop without internet. So I think as long as the game has been verified, you should be able to play offline.

I would just unplug internet and test it out first. :p

Spadge
  • Spadge

Low Rider

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 27 March 2016 - 09:01 AM Edited by Spadge, 27 March 2016 - 09:07 AM.

Yes, it will  say to you "Couldn't connect and you will get the option to play offline". Just pull the plug in your own home and you will see.

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 March 2016 - 11:52 AM

Thanks guys!! :)

MrMonopoly
  • MrMonopoly

***GTA V PC***

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 31 March 2016 - 02:30 AM

1. You can play GTA 5 without the Internet connection

– You should be able to play offline once you’ve activated and signed in with Social Club. After signing in social club at the first time, you can play Story Mode without accessing the Internet to sign it anymore.

– GTA 5 Offline Mode can be played few weeks unless you “REACTIVATE” the game via going online.
“I unplugged my ethernet cable (so no more internet on my computer), started GTA5, and the social club just told me that he is not online. But I still have an option to play offline.”

2. How to start GTA 5 offline mode?

Steam Version
Connecting Steam Network is an important thing to you test each of the games if you wanna use in Offline Mode and at least once you must set up your account and configure Offline Mode on your machine.

– Steam → general tab → set launch options → a launch options window open with → type -scOfflineOnly into → Ok to it’s entry.
– Or Adding “-scOfflineOnly” (without quotes) into your commandline.txt file inside game main game folder.
– Shut down the game and return to Steam once you have confirmed that the game can be played and there are no further updates to download. Make sure the Remember my password box on the login window ischecked. To verify that all game files are completely updated – you can see the update status for a game under the Library section.

Rockstar version
– Add “-scOfflineOnly” (without quotes) into commandline.txt (placed in the GTA V root directory) if you have the retail version.

2. Offline without the Internet not always work!

Why?
Social runs checks to verify your own game frequently and you need to connect the Internet again to be able to go on with your playing offline. Extremely Dumb setup! You can have several social club offline problem such as:

Errors 1: I get an error message, asking me to go online to activate my game.
Errors 2: “We were unable to fallback to offline sign in because you have not previously signed in on this machine. Offline play is only available for accounts that have previously signed in on this machine while connected to the internet and while Social Club Services are available. It also states: Sign in is currently limited to saved accounts. Please connect to the internet to access all services.”
Therefore, Rockstar decided to launch a program called “periodic entitlement verification”. In fact, it means you’ll be randomly asked to “verify” your game rightly by connecting to a rockstar server. It also means if launch the game without the Internet connection, it will not always ask you.

Hope that helps   :lol: 

Weirdoutworld
  • Weirdoutworld

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2016 - 10:38 PM

Thanks to this I needed to purchase a mobile hotspot for my cell phone. $10 a month well spent IMO. I absolutely HATE this "periodic entitlement verification" crap. Ugh.

Dmayne
  • Dmayne

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 April 2016 - 04:14 PM

PC version does has a offline mode, but as I'm sure you may already know... After 5 days of no internet connection the game will ask to connect again and activate, and if you don't you can't play even single player anymore until you activate. This is how it was some months ago, I haven't tried it recently, but try this... Unplug internet from your pc, open your calendar and move the date up by 6 days, hit ok. Now launch social club and now gta v won't launch anymore, you need to activate first...

ngazi
  • ngazi

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2016 - 03:31 AM

In my opinion it is not worth it to try and play DRM locked games when there are so many good games to play.

Weirdoutworld
  • Weirdoutworld

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 April 2016 - 07:50 PM

I need to connect EVERY time now. Before the last update I could sign in and be golden for a couple days. Even if I click "offline mode" it tells me to put my router into bridge mode and that I'm NOT a returning user. Even tho I connect/sign in every day... Weird.
Seriously the ONLY thing that prevents this game from being absolutely perfect (best overall game ever). Imo

Deminu
  • Deminu

Drifter In Training

• Members

Posted 10 April 2016 - 08:43 PM

If GTA prompts you to connect to the internet after a few days, switch your computer's date backwards. Worked for me for a month while I had no internet.

rsquattro
  • rsquattro

Snitch

• Members
  • France

Posted 10 April 2016 - 11:49 PM

Hi, I am going to have my laptop with me tomorrow, heading to my Aunt's for Easter. But she is old school, no Internet. Is there any way to play the SP game for short periods of time without Internet?

Thanks!

I posted this solution long time ago , with that you can avoid the periodic online check and play SP when you want .
> http://gtaforums.com...player-offline/
  • steve clark likes this

steve clark
  • steve clark

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2017 - 12:40 AM Edited by steve clark, 24 January 2017 - 04:53 AM.

@rsquattro
Thank you so very much for this! *first post ever*

Finally this worked for me on my payed for retail disc version after looking for a fix for over a year and even contacting rockstar which was as you guessed it absolutely no help at whatsoever.
At first SC would ask me to connect about once a month but as time passed it was progressively making me go online more and more to the point it was every single day lately and me without internet was a problem I'd have to take my tower to a friends that lived miles away.
Before your help I would push the clock and date back and that seemed to work for a short while.
I was just about to give up and get a version thats not so much on the up and up and sail into the murky waters of becoming a captain on a pirate ship just to play a game I payed $60 for and was told by R* I'd only have to connect online ONCE for activation what a scam by my calculations I've reactivated my legal gta5 game over
50 times! the worse part was if I used my phones limited 1gb a month Internet to let R* just do a quick check I'd suddenly see half or more of my Internet get sucked up in the blink of an eye and 1gb isn't much to begin with this was my first impression of what pc gaming is after abandoning consoles and opting to join the pc master race just to play the superior version of gta5 instead of upgrading my ps3 to ps4 when it came out and I've been a console gamer since colecovision. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love pc gaming even with this little bump in the road and have no plans of ever looking back
my only regret is I wish I would have joined Team pc sooner.
Thanks again so much for your help
  • rsquattro likes this

rsquattro
  • rsquattro

Snitch

• Members
  • France

Posted 25 January 2017 - 02:54 PM

@rsquattro
Thank you so very much for this! *first post ever*

Finally this worked for me on my payed for retail disc version after looking for a fix for over a year and even contacting rockstar which was as you guessed it absolutely no help at whatsoever.
At first SC would ask me to connect about once a month but as time passed it was progressively making me go online more and more to the point it was every single day lately and me without internet was a problem I'd have to take my tower to a friends that lived miles away.
Before your help I would push the clock and date back and that seemed to work for a short while.
I was just about to give up and get a version thats not so much on the up and up and sail into the murky waters of becoming a captain on a pirate ship just to play a game I payed $60 for and was told by R* I'd only have to connect online ONCE for activation what a scam by my calculations I've reactivated my legal gta5 game over
50 times! the worse part was if I used my phones limited 1gb a month Internet to let R* just do a quick check I'd suddenly see half or more of my Internet get sucked up in the blink of an eye and 1gb isn't much to begin with this was my first impression of what pc gaming is after abandoning consoles and opting to join the pc master race just to play the superior version of gta5 instead of upgrading my ps3 to ps4 when it came out and I've been a console gamer since colecovision. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love pc gaming even with this little bump in the road and have no plans of ever looking back
my only regret is I wish I would have joined Team pc sooner.
Thanks again so much for your help

Im glad this trick still help people ^^ .

steve clark
  • steve clark

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

As it turns out I still have to turn my pc's clock back to the last date it worked at and also use the rockstar social club file fix rsquattro posted but hey it still works so I'm totally fine with this small inconvenience compared to not being able to go online to allow my pc to handshake with rockstar and not being able to play at all
I'm still happy.

DC9Faster
  • DC9Faster

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Thanks to this I needed to purchase a mobile hotspot for my cell phone. $10 a month well spent IMO. I absolutely HATE this "periodic entitlement verification" crap. Ugh.

Hey man.Me too!! I also needed to purchase the internet data just to play this game 

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by ACM-Jan, 3 weeks ago.

there is an alternative to get a xbox one or ps4, they cost 200 dollars by now as new and even less as used, they have some sort of "play disc" so they should let you disconnect!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users