[WIP|LCS] GTA Liberty City Stories Save Editor

39 replies to this topic
thehambone
  • thehambone

Don't remind me of home Or I might notice where I am

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2017 - 04:46 AM

Oh you can do that? That'd be great, thanks.

Here's the link.

https://mega.nz/#!FJ...489AhpBaFK0cOaE

Yeah, I'll give it a shot! Give me a few days though.

The Lone Spirit
  • The Lone Spirit

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2017 - 06:12 AM Edited by The Lone Spirit, 24 January 2017 - 06:16 AM.

Thank you, it's very kind of you trying help a fellow player in need while you're already too busy yourself trying to make save file editors for 3 games at the same time.

I don't like being impatient but, can you try to do it as soon as possible? I'm still going through the game to complete the next missions.

_pseudoimage
  • _pseudoimage

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 January 2017 - 01:47 PM

Hey hambone! do you think it's possible to bring the Cheatdevice codes from the psp days, working on android? I mean all the tool really does is change an addresses value right? or maybe it's possible to use something like GameGuardian to change the addresses? I really hope it's possible cuz there are tons of awesome codes from the cheatdevice in the forums like flying  cars and never falling off bike that i really miss.

a little bit off topic but you're the only one on this forum that i know of currently working on something related to LCS so i thought i'd ask.

gts.
  • gts.

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:23 AM

I'm very interested on this. How progress goes?

Solidcal
  • Solidcal

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground]

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:08 PM

Sorry to bump this. But was any progress ever made and did it ever get to having support for editing the Mobile saves?

thehambone
  • thehambone

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:33 PM Edited by thehambone, 19 May 2017 - 11:36 PM.

Hey everyone, sorry for the lack of replies and stagnation on this project.

I do still have plans to complete this project. Unfortunately, development has pretty much stopped since about September/October due to my workload at university. However, now that I'm on summer vacation, I am going to resume work on the GTA LCS Save Editor. I'm hoping to begin within the next two weeks!

Hey hambone! do you think it's possible to bring the Cheatdevice codes from the psp days, working on android? I mean all the tool really does is change an addresses value right? or maybe it's possible to use something like GameGuardian to change the addresses? I really hope it's possible cuz there are tons of awesome codes from the cheatdevice in the forums like flying  cars and never falling off bike that i really miss.
a little bit off topic but you're the only one on this forum that i know of currently working on something related to LCS so i thought i'd ask.

Good question. To be honest, I'm not too familiar with the internals of the Android OS (other than that it runs a Linux kernel), so I'm not sure how easy it is to hack another process's memory like you can with CheatDevice. I'd love to see something like that working on Android though! The addresses might be a litte different, but the overall layout of the game's memory might be similar to how it is on the PSP.

Sorry to bump this. But was any progress ever made and did it ever get to having support for editing the Mobile saves?

Mobile saves are fully supported. PSP saves are not supported at all, however. PSP saves are very different from Console/Mobile saves because their data is encrypted by the PSP's OS. Once I figure out how this encryption works, I'll add PSP support.

Chindose
  • Chindose

Player Hater

• Members
  • Nigeria

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:48 PM

Is the tool still in development?

_pseudoimage
  • _pseudoimage

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Hi wes, any updates? Can you maybe release a beta?

thehambone
  • thehambone

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Hey guys, development is currently on hold again. School is talking up too much of my free time at the moment so it's difficult to find time to work on the Editor. That being said, I do still plan to work on it when the semester's over and during breaks (one of which starts at the end of this week).

Sorry for taking so long to complete this project, everyone. It's something I REALLY want to get out there, but I'm not comfortable with how the Editor is in it's current state so I'm not going to release a beta at this time. I will keep you all updated though!

Chindose
  • Chindose

Player Hater

• Members
  • Nigeria

Posted A week ago

Keep it up mate

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users