Quantcast

» «
Photo

Everybody leaves the session all of a sudden!

Best Answer FilipCRO, 11 May 2016 - 09:57 PM

I have this weird issue when playing GTAO on PC. I get in a session full of players, and after 10-15 minutes everybody leaves in the same moment.

I know, the only person that "leaves" the session is me, but still, its a connection problem because damn R* doesn`t want to put dedicated servers for this game. Instead, the damn game behaves like a torrent (literally) and everybody is connecting to everybody. Holy sh*t rockstar !

There is NOTHING that I haven`t already tried.
1. Playing wired all the time
2. Made a static IP address for my PC and correctly forwarded all of those uselles GTAO ports, also enabled uPnP.
3. I even put my damn IP address into DMZ, so that I can get NAT Type : Open in the Network information when you open social club (Home button)
4. Tried putting GTA network processes into high priority in the Killer Network Manager program.
5. Changed the MTU size in router settings to 1473.
6. Opened UDP 3074 port.

Nothing helps -.-

I have a good internet connection (this issue was almost never happening when I was playing Online on PS3) and I`m using a wired connection. I play Battlefield 4 regularly, and its smooth as butter (no lag, no connection lost, no rubberbanding)

I have the Technicolor TC7200.20 cable modem gateway.

Has someone managed to fix this issue ? Please share your experiences on this matter 

-

It seems like the only problem was my Technicolor TC7200.20 gateway. I asked my ISP to put it into bridge mode, they did. After that, I connected a regular TP link router to the technicolor and voila!, problems solved.

I played GTA Online on PC for 2 weeks now and there are no more "everybody left" and "connection lost due to an unknown error" issues.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Any router should work btw, the point is that the Technicolor modem/gateway is in some way interfering with GTA Online.

This guy here had the same problem and the same gateway modem : https://www.reddit.c..._network_error/

If you have cable internet (Comcact or similar) and a cable modem gateway (that is also a router, therefore a 2 in 1) and experience this issue, you can try the aforementioned fix, it will probably help.

Go to the full post

40 replies to this topic

Poll: Everybody leaves the session all of a sudden! (109 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you experience the issue described below ?

1. Yes (91 votes [83.49%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 83.49%

2. Yes, but rarely. (17 votes [15.60%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.60%

3. No (1 votes [0.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.92%

Vote Guests cannot vote
FilipCRO
  • FilipCRO

I ❤ Vice City

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 25 March 2016 - 07:34 PM

iddqdvie, I had the same problem, everybody would leave, I would try to find a new session or join my friend`s session and then the game would crash out of nowhere.

Try this :

1. Disable uPnP

2. Put a static IP address for your PC with this program : Port Forward Network Utilities

3. Put that static Ip address into DMZ in your router settings (Advanced --> DMZ Host)

^^ These things helped me, but I still occasionally get the "connection lost due to an unknown error" issue.

It think it maybe has something to do with the game, because my connection is stable, and if I really lose the connection, then I would be signed off from Social Club, but I don`t. The game just throws me into singleplayer when it happens.

Just to make people aware, disabling uPnP will most likely have a detrimental effect on other devices using the network, and since you're suggesting putting the PC into a DMZ (which is a bad idea, btw) then it's irrelevant.  uPnP only affects devices that have to go through the router firewall.  In effect, by putting your PC in a DMZ, you are bypassing the firewall so uPnP has literally no effect on it.  You should just leave it enabled - it will make no difference whatsoever if you have put your PC in a DMZ.

Your right about the DMZ thing, but if I enable back uPnp, the "everybody left" issue returns ! So I need it to be disabled.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 March 2016 - 08:00 PM

iddqdvie, I had the same problem, everybody would leave, I would try to find a new session or join my friend`s session and then the game would crash out of nowhere.

Try this :

1. Disable uPnP

2. Put a static IP address for your PC with this program : Port Forward Network Utilities

3. Put that static Ip address into DMZ in your router settings (Advanced --> DMZ Host)

^^ These things helped me, but I still occasionally get the "connection lost due to an unknown error" issue.

It think it maybe has something to do with the game, because my connection is stable, and if I really lose the connection, then I would be signed off from Social Club, but I don`t. The game just throws me into singleplayer when it happens.

Just to make people aware, disabling uPnP will most likely have a detrimental effect on other devices using the network, and since you're suggesting putting the PC into a DMZ (which is a bad idea, btw) then it's irrelevant.  uPnP only affects devices that have to go through the router firewall.  In effect, by putting your PC in a DMZ, you are bypassing the firewall so uPnP has literally no effect on it.  You should just leave it enabled - it will make no difference whatsoever if you have put your PC in a DMZ.

Your right about the DMZ thing, but if I enable back uPnp, the "everybody left" issue returns ! So I need it to be disabled.

I'm not saying you're wrong, obviously, but that literally makes no sense.  uPnP enables software to open ports as and when they are needed, so putting your PC in a DMZ completely negates that as it makes all ports completely open as if there is no firewall.

The fact that that makes a difference says to me that there is something wrong with your router, and it's not really putting your PC in a DMZ.

• FilipCRO likes this

FilipCRO
  • FilipCRO

I ❤ Vice City

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 11 May 2016 - 09:57 PM   Best Answer Edited by FilipCRO, 26 May 2016 - 05:49 PM.

I have this weird issue when playing GTAO on PC. I get in a session full of players, and after 10-15 minutes everybody leaves in the same moment.

I know, the only person that "leaves" the session is me, but still, its a connection problem because damn R* doesn`t want to put dedicated servers for this game. Instead, the damn game behaves like a torrent (literally) and everybody is connecting to everybody. Holy sh*t rockstar !

There is NOTHING that I haven`t already tried.
1. Playing wired all the time
2. Made a static IP address for my PC and correctly forwarded all of those uselles GTAO ports, also enabled uPnP.
3. I even put my damn IP address into DMZ, so that I can get NAT Type : Open in the Network information when you open social club (Home button)
4. Tried putting GTA network processes into high priority in the Killer Network Manager program.
5. Changed the MTU size in router settings to 1473.
6. Opened UDP 3074 port.

Nothing helps -.-

I have a good internet connection (this issue was almost never happening when I was playing Online on PS3) and I`m using a wired connection. I play Battlefield 4 regularly, and its smooth as butter (no lag, no connection lost, no rubberbanding)

I have the Technicolor TC7200.20 cable modem gateway.

Has someone managed to fix this issue ? Please share your experiences on this matter 

-

It seems like the only problem was my Technicolor TC7200.20 gateway. I asked my ISP to put it into bridge mode, they did. After that, I connected a regular TP link router to the technicolor and voila!, problems solved.

I played GTA Online on PC for 2 weeks now and there are no more "everybody left" and "connection lost due to an unknown error" issues.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Any router should work btw, the point is that the Technicolor modem/gateway is in some way interfering with GTA Online.

This guy here had the same problem and the same gateway modem : https://www.reddit.c..._network_error/

If you have cable internet (Comcact or similar) and a cable modem gateway (that is also a router, therefore a 2 in 1) and experience this issue, you can try the aforementioned fix, it will probably help.

reventer
  • reventer

Car Aficionado

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 June 2016 - 07:12 AM

I know it happens.
But some it isn't too bad..
You end up in a completely empty public lobby and can take advantage of the majority of events happening when you're alone or VIP work, just invite a few friends.
Back in last gen during 2014, where special crate drops were extra special everyone was lucky if they experienced this because it meant they could easily get crates without anyone stopping them.

Pi▀wasser Time
  • Pi▀wasser Time

"Better than Miller Time"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2016 - 10:52 AM

Yes, this has been happening a lot lately.

H52VERGR52VER
  • H52VERGR52VER

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 July 2016 - 09:22 PM

Guys I have comcast xfinity and called and complained about the fact that I'm paying for 100mpbs and was only seeing about 30 to 40. So today a guy came over and told me the technicolor modem I have is an old one and istalled a new dual band, and now I get 120mbps and I'm in a lobby with 28 people right now and I've been in here for at least 25 min no lag outs. So if you have comcast call those bums up and tell them you want a new dual band router it's like a day/night difference for gta.
  • Pi▀wasser Time likes this

derek0514
  • derek0514

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2016 - 01:30 PM Edited by derek0514, 08 September 2016 - 01:32 PM.

This happened to me last nite. I simply used the opportunity to do some Crate Biz sales as this is only time I do crate biz otherwise play spoiler role via my LSPD crew - illegal activity not tolerated. There is also a law against loitering as LS trying open up to tourism. Hence idle players pursued aggressively.

mod__orange
  • mod__orange

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2016 - 07:53 AM Edited by mod__orange, 26 October 2016 - 10:00 AM.

My typical GTA experience lately:

- Find a session with enough players in it to look for prospects: 5 mins

- Hire prospects, fighting with the "no players available" issue: 20 mins

- Get them to my business in order to have them ready to sell: 10 mins

- When starting the sale: Everybody 'leaves', alone in session

- LJT calls: "business is getting busted"

- Save the business alone / lose business: 10 mins

-- 45 minutes wasted

--> Try again from start

HiEnd hardware and internet, followed all proposals.

I'm sick and tired of it, R*. Good bye.

Edit:

BTW: Bridge mode is not available anymore with most cable ISPs.

JakeHorgrove
  • JakeHorgrove

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2016 - 05:04 AM

Had this exact same problem. Contact your ISP only they can fix it.

SeberHusky
  • SeberHusky

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2016 - 07:40 PM

I used to get this issue way back when on GTA 4 on the PS3. You gotta port forward your modem or get an internet speed greater than 1mbps.

Cobhthaigh
  • Cobhthaigh

Jive Turkey

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2017 - 05:07 AM

Just recently got a ps4. Didn't have this issue at all on my ps3. Now It's an all-the-time thing. I'll keep trying the different solutions posted here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users