Quantcast

» «
Photo

Benefits available from accessing the second island early?

33 replies to this topic
Craig
  • Craig

‹bergrunde

• None
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted 14 March 2016 - 01:38 AM

I've just bought Vice City for the PS4 and thought I'd try my hand at some of the exploits I've learned, one of which being accessing the second island from the beginning of the game by backing an ambulance up to the gate of Pier 1, climbing on the roof and jumping through the gate. I did this after a few tries and took a boat to the boatyard available for purchase later on in the game.

My question is, what benefits are available to me from accessing the second early, aside from weapon pick ups? I did think I could get my hands on a tank from the army base, but after a visit there first it hadn't spawned and I was promptly shot to smithereens. This sent me back to the hospital on the first island, so before I tried again I wanted to see what else I could achieve that might give me an edge.

• DragonpokeZ likes this

FroudeyBrand
  • FroudeyBrand

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 March 2016 - 02:04 AM

weapon pickups and packages

Craig
  • Craig

‹bergrunde

• None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 14 March 2016 - 02:24 AM

Just had a look at package rewards and realised that the Rhino only spawns after collecting 90 packages. Technically, I could collect all 100 from the beginning of the game, which will give me the weapon pick-ups from the hotel room too.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 14 March 2016 - 11:57 AM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 14 March 2016 - 12:21 PM.

http://gtaforums.com...g-for-100-help/

Read my Post there...

The Benefits?  Achieving 44% before "An Old Friend."  When you save the game, it will say "In the Beginning."  It's also the easiest Starter Save to do, along with GTA III, as well...

Btw, the Tank won't do you any good.  ANY R3 Mission activated on the West Island BEFORE it's LEGIT unlocked, will spawn all the blips on the EAST Island, even though you are on the West Island.  Vigilante Level 12?  Only can be done with the Hunter, and that is for getting 100 Hidden Packages...

Just do the whole thing, it honestly can't get any easier...

Also, I don't like the Ambulance Method and getting a Boat early on.  I prefer, like I said in the Topic I linked you, using a PCJ-600 and jumping into the Film Studio.  Which spawns a Packer there always.  You just line up the Packer in a way that you can jump with the PCJ-600 over the wall and past the barriers on Prawn Island, landing you beyond the barriers.  Furthermore, jumping into the Film Studio is a Stunt Jump.  Also, a couple Hidden Packages in there.  Also, you need TWO Packers to do the Stunt Jumps at the Docks early on.  You can ramp a Packer over another Packer and get it OUT of the Film Studio.  Then you need to take the Packer to the Docks and line it up, so you can jump a PCJ-600 over there and then do the Stunt Jumps.  I feel like I know everything about the 3D Era.  I can go all day, any GTA...

Getting to the West Island Early with the Method I Use

G Spotlight Stunt Jumps early (Except the Elevator Stunt Jump where you jump out of a building through a window, can't be done until the Mission G Spotlight):

xNCx
  • xNCx

VCMP beta tester

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2016 - 02:07 PM

I analyzed some of the game code and you will respawn on the first Island and most sidemissions won't work on the second Island unless you complete a mission for Diaz (don't remember the name now, when the second Island gets accessible).

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2016 - 02:13 PM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 14 March 2016 - 02:16 PM.

Huh?  Of course there is Side Missions which CAN'T be done early, like the Chopper Checkpoints, Shooting Range, etc, but 44% can be achieved.  Done it on PS2.  Done it on iOS.  No idea what you mean by you can't do sh*t until after a Diaz Mission.  Starter Saves, Special Vehicles, and 100% Completion are my specialty and I been doing it for years.  I know what I am talking about.

Respawned on the East Island?  Yeah, if and only if you DIE.  I always have 0 Deaths, Busted, Cheats, Missions Failed in the Stats.  When I die, I reload.  No need to add Deaths into the Stats and waste time respawning on the East Island and going back to the West.  Furthermore, buy Hyman Condo (required for the 44% Starter Save).  Maverick always spawns on the roof, also can SAVE THE GAME on the West Island, so when you reload, you're already there, lol...

xNCx
  • xNCx

VCMP beta tester

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2016 - 04:25 PM

Paramedic, Vigilante, Taxi perhaps :evilgrin: can't be done.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2016 - 05:08 PM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 14 March 2016 - 05:09 PM.

Btw, the Tank won't do you any good.  ANY R3 Mission activated on the West Island BEFORE it's LEGIT unlocked, will spawn all the blips on the EAST Island, even though you are on the West Island.  Vigilante Level 12?  Only can be done with the Hunter, and that is for getting 100 Hidden Packages...

Paramedic, Vigilante, Taxi perhaps :evilgrin: can't be done.

As you can see, I already said that in my post above.  All the blips for the R3 Missions spawn on the East Island when the West Island isn't unlocked.  But that doesn't mean these can't be done.  All of them can.  Simply on the East Island.  Hunter can be used for Vigilante on the East Island, too.  Just use a Maverick to fly into Fort Baxter, take the Hunter, and fly back to the East Island and activate it...

Also, sorry if I rubbed off as a dickhead.  I just hate reading FALSE information...I also hate reading information I just said, too.

Craig
  • Craig

‹bergrunde

• None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 14 March 2016 - 06:14 PM

I'm not saying this is practical, but if the blips all spawn on the east island, I could in theory take the tank back to the east island after nabbing it to do the missions there? Thanks for your input, too, lots of helpful tips.

• Dream-_-Traveler likes this

xNCx
  • xNCx

VCMP beta tester

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2016 - 07:30 PM

MetalMilitia89 I know what you wrote, I only posted an explanation to that.

No need to write in bold font. Easy.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2016 - 08:17 PM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 14 March 2016 - 08:29 PM.

I'm not saying this is practical, but if the blips all spawn on the east island, I could in theory take the tank back to the east island after nabbing it to do the missions there? Thanks for your input, too, lots of helpful tips.

How will you get the Tank back?  The only theoretical way would be to jump the Tank over the barriers on Prawn Island using a Packer, but we all know that anything the Tank touches, explodes it.  Plus the Tank is too wide to drive on top of the Packer, anyway.  Only way to do it in a Starter Save is simply using a Police Car on the East Island wasting TONS of ammo and time, or using a Hunter and wasting NO ammo and only taking 10 minutes of your time cuz that is how quick it takes.  Furthermore, the Hunter's Miniguns (Not Rockets) lock onto the Targets.  It's the easiest and least time consuming method...

Luckily you don't have this problem, which exists on Mobile...As you can see in the Video posted in that Topic, you need to take the Fire Truck back to the East Island, since when making fires, no Fire Trucks spawn on the East Island.  I've done that recently for my 44% Starter Save for iOS but it's bloody hard and I got lucky...

• Craig likes this

Acid Burn
  • Acid Burn

pool on the roof

• The Yardies
  • Unknown
  • Super Special Gold Star 2006
    Draw Contest Booby Prize 2016
    Campaign Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 14 March 2016 - 09:50 PM

Why would you need to ramp a Packer over when there's a Packer spawn at Viceport? Also you can launch a Rhino up a Packer, seen it done in some Vice City stunt videos a couple of times just flip the cannon around and fire to pick up speed then launch off the Packer.

Craig
  • Craig

‹bergrunde

• None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:22 PM

The Packer used in stunt videos may be modded so it doesn't automatically blow up when in contact with a Rhino.

How will you get the Tank back?  The only theoretical way would be to jump the Tank over the barriers on Prawn Island using a Packer, but we all know that anything the Tank touches, explodes it.  Plus the Tank is too wide to drive on top of the Packer, anyway.  Only way to do it in a Starter Save is simply using a Police Car on the East Island wasting TONS of ammo and time, or using a Hunter and wasting NO ammo and only taking 10 minutes of your time cuz that is how quick it takes.  Furthermore, the Hunter's Miniguns (Not Rockets) lock onto the Targets.  It's the easiest and least time consuming method...

I... didn't think of that. I was hoping to take advantage of the Rhino's speed boost by pointing the turret behind me, but I'm not sure there'd even be a way to leap the gates.  :blush:

Acid Burn
  • Acid Burn

pool on the roof

• The Yardies
  • Unknown
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:30 PM Edited by Blaze, 14 March 2016 - 10:33 PM.

Nope, it blows up and as someone involved in that community for nearly 10 years I can assure you it's not modded lol I'll try and dig up an example of it :p

edit: 3 minutes in

Craig
  • Craig

‹bergrunde

• None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:37 PM

Ohh, I assumed you meant it didn't blow up. :) Cool video.

• Acid Burn likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:50 PM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 14 March 2016 - 10:54 PM.

Why would you need to ramp a Packer over when there's a Packer spawn at Viceport? Also you can launch a Rhino up a Packer, seen it done in some Vice City stunt videos a couple of times just flip the cannon around and fire to pick up speed then launch off the Packer.

Sometimes I can barely drive the Packer on top of a Packer, as shown how to get it out of the Film Studio since you need to drive RIGHT on the Packer's Tracks.  Too far left?  Too far right?  Usually falls off the side...

Who says anything about ramping a Packer over to the East Island?  I am talking about a Tank and a Fire Truck, and before "An Old Friend."  No Packers spawn on the East Island (Only Prawn Island in the Film Studio) and no Tanks spawn on the East Island and you can't get a 6 star wanted level that early on, either.  Fire Trucks spawn on the East Island ONLY when making a fire, but this does NOT happen on Mobile, thus you NEED to bring a Fire Truck back like shown in the other Topic I linked.

Also, I watched the Video, but that was GTA III''s Map.  Also looks modded...

Anyways, use all the tricks you want to.  Bottom line is.  Starter Save?  44%?  Requires 100 Hidden Packages?  Nice...Hunter?  Vigilante Level 12 done in 10 minutes?  = Everything needed for the Starter Save.  End of story lol

Acid Burn
  • Acid Burn

pool on the roof

• The Yardies
  • Unknown
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:57 PM Edited by Blaze, 14 March 2016 - 11:00 PM.

I misunderstood the post containing "You can ramp a Packer over another Packer and get it OUT of the Film Studio.  Then you need to take the Packer to the Docks and line it up, so you can jump a PCJ-600 over there and then do the Stunt Jumps." I thought you meant the dock area with the boatyard, my apologies. Looking at it I feel I could get to the docks and do the jumps with no packer/ambulance though.

LC map, not modded and the same physics would apply in VC.

• MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

Acid Burn
  • Acid Burn

pool on the roof

• The Yardies
  • Unknown
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 14 March 2016 - 11:31 PM

Also, I don't like the Ambulance Method and getting a Boat early on.  I prefer, like I said in the Topic I linked you, using a PCJ-600 and jumping into the Film Studio.  Which spawns a Packer there always.  You just line up the Packer in a way that you can jump with the PCJ-600 over the wall and past the barriers on Prawn Island, landing you beyond the barriers.  Furthermore, jumping into the Film Studio is a Stunt Jump.  Also, a couple Hidden Packages in there.  Also, you need TWO Packers to do the Stunt Jumps at the Docks early on.  You can ramp a Packer over another Packer and get it OUT of the Film Studio.  Then you need to take the Packer to the Docks and line it up, so you can jump a PCJ-600 over there and then do the Stunt Jumps.  I feel like I know everything about the 3D Era.  I can go all day, any GTA...

Update: I was correct, can be done with no packer or ambulance, any differences between my video and your game are purely visual :p

• Johnny Playert likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2016 - 12:12 AM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 15 March 2016 - 12:32 AM.

Craig is referencing an Ambulance simply to get a Boat to cross to the West Island, but it's not needed.  You can also wait on a bridge, and jump off and land on a Boat to get to the West Island.  There is probably like 6 ways to get to the West Island, but when I do my Starter Save, I do a strategy with doing EVERYTHING from East to West.  No sense in going back and forth, back and forth, back and forth...Thus increasing Total Playing Time.  When I did my PS2 Starter Save, I went to the West Island ONCE, and AFTER everything on the East Island was done, but a few Hidden Packages on roof tops and the one in the Ocean, as well as the Rampage in the Ocean.  Other than these few things, I did everything from East to West.  But yeah, you don't get under 20 Hours Total Playing Time, with Minimum Stats, and all Special Vehicles by going back and forth wasting time.  I always follow a strategy for all GTA's...

In that Video, it probably works, but it's still modded gameplay.  You should know by now that I don't care for Mods and never will.  I'm a Purist and do everything legit with no outside sources touching my Saves and when I give advice to people and try and help them, I wouldn't show modded Videos.  I've seen people with jacked up Health/Armor and sh*t in modded Videos but I don't see a reason for it.  Game's easy enough with 100 Health and 0 Armor, even lol

Black PCJ-600...Doesn't exist, either.  Also, there is no Stunt Jump Camera in that Video.  That's one of the reasons that make some of these Stunt Jumps with a bit of difficulty.  That damn Camera in slow-motion.  A lot of times I hit these Marina Stunt Jumps and hit the brakes only to turn sideways and fall into the water...

Acid Burn
  • Acid Burn

pool on the roof

• The Yardies
  • Unknown
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 15 March 2016 - 12:23 AM

Modded gameplay in the form of textures which have no effect on the physics or how the game works but nonetheless same concept, 100% clean Steam copy of Vice City :p Excuse the terrible driving at the start.

• MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2016 - 12:31 AM

Gets in Admiral, smashes into Vehicle :D

Nice!  If I ever do VC again (probably not since 44% is already done on both PS2 and iOS), I'll probably do this for the Marina Stunt Jumps.  Even for 100% Completion, I am done.  Did it also on PS2 and iOS and have everything, but the EP/FP Hotring Racer for iOS Save, but thankfully it's on PS2.

Craig
  • Craig

‹bergrunde

• None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 16 March 2016 - 01:07 PM

Finally got all the packages after about 40 minutes of pootling around the city in a news chopper, but now the Hunter hasn't spawned since. :angry: I've driven up and down Ocean View passing the helipad eight or nine times now and it's a no-show.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2016 - 01:09 PM

Lol, the Hunter doesn't spawn there until much later in the game, after a certain Mission.  It only spawns in Fort Baxter upon getting 100 Hidden Packages early in the game.  They wouldn't make it THAT easy by placing a Hunter on the Helipad at the beginning of the game...

• Craig likes this

Craig
  • Craig

‹bergrunde

• None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 16 March 2016 - 01:14 PM

:blush:

Nuts. I thought it was a little easy.

Back to Fort Baxter I go!

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2016 - 01:15 PM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 16 March 2016 - 01:15 PM.

It won't be at Fort Baxter either, unless you get 60 more Hidden Packages :D  Just like the Tank.  It's not there until you reach 90.  Seasparrow at Vercetti Estate upon reaching 80.  10-70 is Weapons at 3 Safehouses (Ocean Beach, Vercetti Estate, and Hyman Condo).

Craig
  • Craig

‹bergrunde

• None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 16 March 2016 - 01:16 PM

I got them all, I was saying it took me 40 minutes. :)

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2016 - 01:17 PM

Didn't read that properly, apparently :p

Yeah, just get the Maverick on top of Hyman Condo and fly into Fort Baxter and just take it.  Fly it to East Island and activate Vigilante and once Level 12 is passed, just fly back to Hyman Condo and save the game.  Hyman Condo is the go-to Safehouse during the Starter Save since the Maverick on the roof is always there and it's the best transportation early on.

• Acid Burn likes this

Acid Burn
  • Acid Burn

pool on the roof

• The Yardies
  • Unknown
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 16 March 2016 - 09:03 PM

Found quicker ways to access USJs 22/23 aka the two from G-Spotlight. Might take a few tries but for me it was quicker than traipsing to the docks, bringing a Packer back up to the top of the island and having to run the whole course again; just using basic stunting methods to do things a little faster :)

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2016 - 09:10 PM

The Packer was only for getting to the West Island and also (old method) doing the Marina Stunt Jumps.

No need for a Packer with these G-Spotlight Stunt Jumps:

This is the SAME Video I posted at the Top, from fnxrak.  The only difference that you did was jumped from where the VCN Maverick usually spawns and landed on the roof and fell off, but this is where the final G-Spotlight Jump is, but fnxrak still does all of them in the Video...

Now...If you found a way to get the UNOBTAINABLE Stunt Jump in the Starter Save, that would be awesome, but you can't get access to getting in the Elevator and getting up to the part like in the Mission to jump out of the Window to the other Building...This is the only Stunt Jump that can't be done early...
  • Acid Burn likes this

Acid Burn
  • Acid Burn

pool on the roof

• The Yardies
  • Unknown
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 17 March 2016 - 01:15 AM Edited by Blaze, 17 March 2016 - 01:18 AM.

Ah my bad, had not seen the video from fnxrak, just shared the ones I did since I had both stunts done in two minutes lol. Just depends on your skill level really I've been stunting in the VC engine for nearly 10 years so this is all easy to me. The only method I could think of to get up there early would be using taxi boosting to boost up the wall but that'd be 95% luck and 5% skill to make it through the tiny glass window.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users