169 replies to this topic
uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Official Gang 2014 [Feroci]

Posted 12 March 2016 - 02:51 PM

We're looking into improve this section of the forums. So let me know what you'd like to see added/removed.
  • shadowoperative likes this

Anna Deadly
  • Anna Deadly

Bipolar Bitch.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2016 - 03:05 PM

Pls pin the "Rate the [] above you" topics.

• livejoker, eyman, Rammer2k and 4 others like this

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Tails returns...

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 March 2016 - 03:40 PM

I assume this applies to the whole of the GTA Online section of the forum?

If so I would like to suggest if possible that Gameplay or Guides & Strategies section perhaps have a more detailed subsection to cover the many different guide topics that exist

especially given the huge surge in mission/heist discussion topics that have been posted of late as it would be very good if we good see a specific section to discuss those particular

subjects that we have an interest in.

Also given the recent development of the car topics perhaps you might give some consideration to a pin of the NPC vehicles topic and Vehicle Wishlist threads which appear to be

generating regular discussion.

• uNi, saintsrow, livejoker and 1 other like this

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Coolest GTA Member 2017
    Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 12 March 2016 - 04:04 PM Edited by Mach1bud, 12 March 2016 - 04:13 PM.

Hmm. I like this, I have many suggestions.

A few that are on top of my head.

I think the Next DLC Discussion thread should be pinned, but completely cleaned out and reborn after ever update. Lets face it, we always have that thread in some form or another, and it is probably one of if not the most popular topic here. Needs to be pinned.

I think that the Online Video Gallery should be put somewhere else, maybe pinned in the Gameplay section? I don't feel that it is fitting in the main Online forum.

Also, I hate to say this, but The Vehicle Wishlist and Speculation Topic should probably be pinned. I'm not trying to be pulling for my own topic, but it is clear by the amount of vehicle wish threads popping up lately that people dont see the proper thread to post in.

More to come later when I am not on mobile.

Also, I'd like to say I really like that FEATURED THREAD thing, so long as you guys choose a new one every once in a while. It encourages people to actually put effort into their topics.
  • livejoker, ten-a-penny, eyman and 6 others like this

Audi
  • Audi

gamebot lul

• The Yakuza
  • Mexico
  • Most Improved Member 2017
    Best Turbo Quattro 2017

Posted 12 March 2016 - 04:13 PM

I second the above posts. It would really help clean up the redundant threads as of late.

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Official Gang 2014 [Feroci]

Posted 12 March 2016 - 04:32 PM

I assume this applies to the whole of the GTA Online section of the forum?

Yes. :^:

Dottie
  • Dottie

the hell am I still doin here

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 12 March 2016 - 06:55 PM

Pls pin the "Rate the [] above you" topics.

Just to add on. You could add them to this thread

http://gtaforums.com...her-hot-topics/

• saintsrow likes this

skyfamster
  • skyfamster

Homie

• Members

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:07 PM

Remove the Google ad on the right bottom corner,it always block my ipad

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Coolest GTA Member 2017
    Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:12 PM

Also, I think the Weekly Snapmatic Competition needs to be in a better place. I bet way more people would participate if they just saw the thread. The video competition too.

Idk where exactly, as we can't just have all the best threads pinned, but just saying threads that require weekly forum participation would probably get more clicks if they were easy to view.
  • Android, AlienTwo, HKM87 and 1 other like this

HKM87
  • HKM87

HotRod

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:35 PM

- Can we see a dedicated guide for the R* editor?

- How about a voting competition for our profile pictures? in different categories, just for fun.

- I really want the Next DLC topic to be informative & helpful. How about if a moderator took some time to clean all offtopic posts? I know it's hard to keep up. Or at least highlight the legit infos somehow.

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 March 2016 - 01:09 AM

Please pin the bitch and moan topic

• livejoker, StangOne50, B7R and 10 others like this

Cavot
  • Cavot

Formerly Viper-Venom

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 13 March 2016 - 01:31 AM

I think "Next DLC Discussion" threads should be started by a moderator or Admin from now on. That way some rules could be stated and applied within that thread. A lot of those who argue and/or harass others within those threads don't seem to understand that there are some guidelines. Perhaps this will assist with the issue of people wanting to derail that thread constantly?
  • ten-a-penny, bloatedsack and SkynetOnlineID like this

shadowoperative
  • shadowoperative

GTAO IS GOAT

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2016 - 01:33 AM

Please delete negative posts that are not in the bitch and moan thread.
  • HKM87, SkynetOnlineID and Absolut like this

Kronichh
  • Kronichh

Westie c*nt

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 March 2016 - 01:34 AM

Please pin the B*tch and moan topic. The smaller children or slightly lackluster in english do not always see it immediately and post their B&Ms alot.

• SkynetOnlineID, shadowoperative and UNRULYWOE like this

Cavot
  • Cavot

Formerly Viper-Venom

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 13 March 2016 - 01:36 AM

Sadly, I think that would be quite a bit of work as there's a lot of posts every day that pertain to bitching and negative comments. It would be nice though.
  • shadowoperative and wurm45 like this

shadowoperative
  • shadowoperative

GTAO IS GOAT

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2016 - 01:43 AM

Sadly, I think that would be quite a bit of work as there's a lot of posts every day that pertain to bitching and negative comments. It would be nice though.

True. Maybe they will let me do that one day.

Anda7x
  • Anda7x

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 13 March 2016 - 01:52 AM

Delete all threads in this section and start from scratch.
  • ten-a-penny, Android, SonofLosSantos and 1 other like this

imdabeast2114
  • imdabeast2114

They say choose wisely, that's why I was chosen

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 March 2016 - 02:17 AM

I would like to suggest adding a subtopic to GTA Online so there is a place for the car people. I hate seeing the "(INSERT CAR MAKE AND MODEL HERE) Appreciation Thread" posts. I'm a car guy, but it is annoying to see these randomly pop up.

- Ballistics -
  • - Ballistics -

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 March 2016 - 02:42 AM

I too want the "Rate the (- Insert Name Of Thread here -) above you" threads to be pinned.

E•MO•TION
  • E•MO•TION

I'll be your sinner in secret.

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 13 March 2016 - 03:12 AM

I'm under the impression that the numerous screenshot and video oriented threads could use own subsection instead of being scattered across multiple areas. Perhaps the 'Rate the [] above you' threads could be included as well?

• livejoker, ten-a-penny, AlienTwo and 5 others like this

livejoker
  • livejoker

Memories of a Ghost

• Members
  • None
  • Best Event 2017
    Funniest GTA Member 2017
    Funniest Member 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 13 March 2016 - 04:15 AM Edited by livejoker, 13 March 2016 - 04:17 AM.

I'm gonna take advantage of the "discussion" aspect of this thread and say the GtaF staff is doing an amazing job at keeping this place pretty chill. Keep up the good work. :cookie: :cookie:

I gave some "likes" out to stuff that agree but pinning worthy threads is definitely the biggest one for me (for obvious past reasons). It gives people to invest more in their thread and gives them a sense of accomplishment. Maybe add an archive of past pinned threads? Okay, that's tooting my own horn...but we definitely need some sort of archive. Any thread that has a collection of links are the best like the Appreciation Index.

Maybe a sub-section about forum games? Elimination games and Edit Character thread...but I can see it being quite empty and not garner as much views as the main section. I feel people only check the main online section out and ignore the sub-sections.

• ten-a-penny and imdabeast2114 like this

Melancholy Angel
  • Melancholy Angel

The Angel of Kanjyo

• Members
  • Singapore

Posted 13 March 2016 - 05:42 AM

Please pin the PC Content Creator thread.

imdabeast2114
  • imdabeast2114

They say choose wisely, that's why I was chosen

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 March 2016 - 06:17 AM

I'm gonna take advantage of the "discussion" aspect of this thread and say the GtaF staff is doing an amazing job at keeping this place pretty chill. Keep up the good work. :cookie: :cookie:

I gave some "likes" out to stuff that agree but pinning worthy threads is definitely the biggest one for me (for obvious past reasons). It gives people to invest more in their thread and gives them a sense of accomplishment. Maybe add an archive of past pinned threads? Okay, that's tooting my own horn...but we definitely need some sort of archive. Any thread that has a collection of links are the best like the Appreciation Index.

Maybe a sub-section about forum games? Elimination games and Edit Character thread...but I can see it being quite empty and not garner as much views as the main section. I feel people only check the main online section out and ignore the sub-sections.

Good ideas. Also, we should definetely have the like system do something besides just show the number of likes a thread got. If it has a certain amount of likes is should go to the "pinned threads" Sub topic or whatever the new subtopic should be called.

• livejoker likes this

Rocket Skates
  • Rocket Skates

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 March 2016 - 07:16 AM Edited by Passive Mode, 13 March 2016 - 07:18 AM.

What this guy said.

And the B&M thread definitely needs a pin (instead of a draw some character thread).

I think "Next DLC Discussion" threads should be started by a moderator or Admin from now on. That way some rules could be stated and applied within that thread. A lot of those who argue and/or harass others within those threads don't seem to understand that there are some guidelines. Perhaps this will assist with the issue of people wanting to derail that thread constantly?

I'll probably cop flak for this but I don't care, I reckon do away with them completely. (Nothing against leaks).

livejoker
  • livejoker

Memories of a Ghost

• Members
  • None
  • Best Event 2017
    Funniest GTA Member 2017
    Funniest Member 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 13 March 2016 - 07:21 AM Edited by livejoker, 13 March 2016 - 07:24 AM.

-snip-

Good ideas. Also, we should definetely have the like system do something besides just show the number of likes a thread got. If it has a certain amount of likes is should go to the "pinned threads" Sub topic or whatever the new subtopic should be called.

That's an interesting take on the "like" system...although there is a small detail that bugs me about it. What stops multiple threads popping up and having an overflow of pinned threads? Maybe put a, for example, 40 like requirement so any first post with 40 likes it becomes a pinned thread. Other threads that are quite useful such as the Wishlist thread only has like 15 likes so there's cases where a useful or interesting thread is severely underrated in terms of likes. Not denying that there's something that needs to be done to encourage good threads. A sub-section seems like quite a big jump, like a private club, while a pinned thread is more of a showcase. Still...I feel something is missing here, I'm just not sure what.

Also, this is more of a personal preference/complaint as I doubt anything can be done about it but I absolutely hate OP's that do a thread and leave it to the community to feed it. Like I want the OP to come back in the thread and take part in the discussion, bring up other points or give us a status update (like when OP's send a letter to R* about an issue, I always tell the OP to let us know how it goes and I seem to be the only one doing so). So rare to see hosts that care about their threads.

westsxde
  • westsxde

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2016 - 08:07 AM

Maybe this already exists in the GTAO section but an "Ask a Question" thread would be kinda nice.. Can't tell you how many times I've had a question that wasn't thread worthy.
I'd start the thread myself but idk if anyone else would be about it :(
  • E•MO•TION, Audi and Absolut like this

FroudeyBrand
  • FroudeyBrand

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 March 2016 - 08:14 AM

need to disable the quote button in that thread also, or limit quotes to 1

• Absolut likes this

E•MO•TION
  • E•MO•TION

I'll be your sinner in secret.

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 13 March 2016 - 09:08 AM Edited by 2281, 13 March 2016 - 09:09 AM.

Maybe this already exists in the GTAO section but an "Ask a Question" thread would be kinda nice.. Can't tell you how many times I've had a question that wasn't thread worthy.

We have a dedicated 'Questions & Answers' thread which over time has made its way from being pinned in the GTA Online section to unpinned (read: lost and forgotten) in the Help & Support subsection.

westsxde
  • westsxde

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2016 - 10:18 AM

We have a dedicated 'Questions & Answers' thread which over time has made its way from being pinned in the GTA Online section to unpinned (read: lost and forgotten) in the Help & Support subsection.

Yeah see I would've never know that haha. Only sections I look at are the GTAO one mainly and sometimes the find players and meet ups (I think that's what it's called idfk too lazy to check)

eyman
  • eyman

Nothing Special

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 13 March 2016 - 10:26 AM Edited by eyman, 13 March 2016 - 03:36 PM.

You guys have done a good job I must say.

However, If there was something which I think that may improve the GTA Online section, and that is making the Forum Rules a bit more visible and stand out. I don't know if this will help people stick to them a bit more, but it is worth a try. also, another small note, be a bit more strict on people that spam the threads by giving them warning via PM (which should prevent them) and then temp banning them if they continue.

E: would be good if you can make the forum rules tab appear on every thread automatically at the top. 

• UNRULYWOE likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users