Photo

Movie/TV confessions *may contain spoilers*

74 replies to this topic
Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:48 AM

I like Parks and Recreation but I hate how they treat Jerry, I get that's the joke, they all hate this likeable inoffensive man for no reason, but it's just not funny. Then again i've never liked that sitcom trope where there is one character who is the constant butt of the joke, it's lazy and mean spirited. Parks and Rec is still great but this just irks me.
  • That Guy There and The Deadite like this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 28 August 2017 - 05:29 AM Edited by Pedinhuh, 28 August 2017 - 05:40 AM.

I have never watched a full episode of Game of Thrones.

Only snippets of it here and there, mostly on YouTube though, I don't have the time, neither I have the patience to sit through 7 seasons of content, plus I already know all important points of the story, the main characters, the deaths, the most important scenes, etc....

When I want to know more about a character, I look into "The Fate of..." videos series provided by Daemon Blackfyre channel, he has great stuff in there.

Anyways, since I know the most important plot points and threads, I can keep up with the series just fine.

-I have only saw the first episode of The Walking Dead, thats it, neither I felt compelled to look up the rest in YT, is just meh IMO, zombies is an annoying fad just like vampires, we should move on from it already.

-Same applies to Breaking Bad, though I know it's a great series with great characters, I already spoiled myself the most important plot points, so I see no use in sitting through it.

-Star Wars, never saw one movie from it, not interested and I always found the light Saber to be incredible stupid to use in anything, considering that is too easy to lose your hand or legs.

-Star Trek, same thing.

-Alien and Predator movies, same thing.

-Fast and Furious, I saw until the 5th movie, then I lost interest in it entirely, I don't even rewatch it anymore: the first two movies, while being great on their right, reasonates from time of my life I didn't liked. Tokyo Challenge is cool but that's it, and 4th and 5th movies are just bland actions movies IMO.

-Transformers, utter non-sense, I could only bear to watch the first movie because my then girlfriend wanted to watch it.

-Same deal for the Hunger Games, she was a big fan of it, so I sat through HG 2 and 3 because of her.

ShadowPerson
  • ShadowPerson

Intergalatic Empress of Evil.

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 29 August 2017 - 12:31 AM

Queer Eye for the Straight Guy was my favorite (and very, very secret) TV show. I actually learned a couple of things about relationships and sex lol I was like 13-14 years old

lethalqueen
  • lethalqueen

Personne

• Members
  • France

Posted 29 August 2017 - 09:32 AM

• TWD, GOT and Breaking Bad are my favorite show. People, keep watching or you'll never understand.
  • My favorite quote in GOT is "The North remembers".
  • I read TWD (the comics). Andrea was so much better in the comic than the show.
  • 13RW was not bad at all but there's some scene hard to watch for a "teen drama".
  • TVD was garbage.
  • I love Sacha Baron Cohen.
  • I never watch Star Wars and Harry Potter (except the first movie).
  • I don't like the Avengers a lot but I love Captain America's story. The Winter Soldier is awesome.
  • I don't know what is my favorite movie but Nowhere Boy and Freedom Writers are great movies.
  • The last movie I've seen was "Don't Breath" and it was good.
  • ShadowPerson likes this

fashion
  • fashion

f*ck you microtransactions

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 01 September 2017 - 03:46 PM

- Never, not once have I watched a second of a James Bond movie. Nope. Besides commercials that is. Neither the old movies or those reboots.

- Same goes for Indiana Jones.

- I didn't like FF7 at all. The action scenes are ridiculously impossible and they even made me laugh. I couldn't take this movie seriously. I have a feeling Paul Walker's death was used as a hype train by the developers (don't want to start a controversy here! Maybe my thoughts on this are total bullsh*t, but to me, personally, something smelled incredibly fishy here)

- I couldn't care less if a movie is acted by George Clooney or the neighborhood's distant cousin. I don't watch movies because of popular actors. The content is what interests me.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 03 September 2017 - 03:33 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 03 September 2017 - 03:38 PM.

I have never watched a full episode of Game of Thrones.

Only snippets of it here and there, mostly on YouTube though, I don't have the time, neither I have the patience to sit through 7 seasons of content, plus I already know all important points of the story, the main characters, the deaths, the most important scenes, etc....

When I want to know more about a character, I look into "The Fate of..." videos series provided by Daemon Blackfyre channel, he has great stuff in there.

Anyways, since I know the most important plot points and threads, I can keep up with the series just fine.

-I have only saw the first episode of The Walking Dead, thats it, neither I felt compelled to look up the rest in YT, is just meh IMO, zombies is an annoying fad just like vampires, we should move on from it already.

-Same applies to Breaking Bad, though I know it's a great series with great characters, I already spoiled myself the most important plot points, so I see no use in sitting through it.

-Star Wars, never saw one movie from it, not interested and I always found the light Saber to be incredible stupid to use in anything, considering that is too easy to lose your hand or legs.

-Star Trek, same thing.

-Alien and Predator movies, same thing.

This was probably the most horrendous post I've ever seen, lol. :p I don't agree with anyone that says they don't have the time or patience to sit through something that's made for entertainment.  It's like saying I don't have the time and patience to be happy and enjoy something. It doesn't make sense. It's for the time you are not working or studying or doing chores. I relaxing time fun. Usually it takes an hour to watch one episode. Watching clips and keeping up with major plot points is whack. Why bother? It's like buying a news paper only to read the headlines. Or buying a book for the 15 images that might be inside, lol. Maybe you can get away with Game of Thrones. I am watching it myself but I think it's a little overrated. It's very entertaining nonetheless. 

And it doesn't really matter if you know major plot points in Breaking Bad or any TV show. It's not the same as seeing them play out, watching all the intricacies, the details in the shot, the acting, the tension, the subtext, the soundtrack and just the whole mise en scene. It's the journey, not the destination and all that.

I could tell you the plot points of the film Taxi Driver but you might think you know it but then I'll show you a 40-80minute documentary describing all the subtext, cinematography choices and the layers of storytelling in it. A very thorough analysis of of that film makes you appreciate the art of cinema and how glossing over plot points completely renders the whole project practically null and void. 

I wouldn't tell anyone you were keeping up with series' unless the person you were talking to was a complete idiot and/or a super casual fan. Because if you told me you were familiar with Taxi Drive using your "keeping up with" sense of connection the TV shows you mentioned I may be inclined to think I was speaking to a fool! :p

While I was never attracted to Star Wars, it kind of bugged me, I made an effort to try appreciate it. I seen parts of older films and may have even seen most of Ewan McGregor one but what I did was watched the newest ones. That got me hooked and now I'm watching the original ones because it's easier now that I'm a fan. So I would highly recommend watching a high-quality The Force Awakens. Even if you don't watch the originals you'll take something enjoyable from these news ones because they're great. Trust me.

I couldn't really get in to Star Trek, series of films although I enjoyed the film that came out a few years ago. 

Also Predator and Alien are two great films. I would highly recommend both :) BTW, please take my rant in jest and with a light heart, I'm just poking fun at you, I'm not trying to be antagonistic or disrespectful or hateful towards you. 

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:51 PM

When I first watched an episode of Fresh Prince where Dr. Dre was a guest star, I thought to myself "Holy sh*t, he was fat?!" But then I found out it wasn't the Dr. Dre, but rather Doctor Dré, lmao.

Acid Burn
  • Acid Burn

pool on the roof

• The Yardies
  • Unknown
  • Super Special Gold Star 2006
    Draw Contest Booby Prize 2016
    Campaign Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:46 AM

I find GoT and Walking Dead to be extremely boring, I dunno why but it seems on both shows I got to around season 5 and it just seemed like such a f*cking drag watching them. I enjoy shows that tend to have a fair amount of rewatchability - for me it's Prison Break, I couldn't imagine rewatching GoT/TWD or even Breaking Bad (seriously I tried it and those breakfast scenes were too awkward).

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:22 PM

I find GoT and Walking Dead to be extremely boring, I dunno why but it seems on both shows I got to around season 5 and it just seemed like such a f*cking drag watching them. I enjoy shows that tend to have a fair amount of rewatchability - for me it's Prison Break, I couldn't imagine rewatching GoT/TWD or even Breaking Bad (seriously I tried it and those breakfast scenes were too awkward).

Can't comment on GOT, but the Walking Dead yeah. I gave up on season 7 after a relatively strong start however the boredom started setting in around the Governor storyline.

I only watched it after that hoping things would pick up again and it did in drips and drabs, but nothing as interesting as the first three seasons IMO.

Season two's still my favourite as they were still in search of a cure/explanation for the outbreak. Whilst I get the show's not just about zombies I miss the tension and unknowing of those early seasons.

I guess Fear The Walking Dead kinda fills that void, but even it lacks that special something,

Acid Burn
  • Acid Burn

pool on the roof

• The Yardies
  • Unknown
  • Super Special Gold Star 2006
    Draw Contest Booby Prize 2016
    Campaign Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:52 PM

I wouldn't say either are inherently bad shows as I can see the attraction but for me atleast they seemed to draw out the storyline buildups way too much; no doubt I enjoy a good plot progression and a few cliffhangers but when shows are taking forever for some mediocre predictable climax it becomes a drag to watch.

I also like how theres no shortage of toothpaste or detergent in a zombie apocalypse.

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:38 PM

I kinda regret not watching the animes that were aired on Adult Swim all those years ago.

That Guy There
  • That Guy There

I'm the king of the world

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:40 AM Edited by That Guy There, 14 September 2017 - 05:08 AM.

I f*cking love zombie movies. Even the low budget crap you can find on Netflix and other streaming services, infact sometimes even more than the mainstream stuff lol

Just finished watching ReZort on Netflix. Movie takes place on an island where people can go to vacation and there are tours where they arm you and you can shoot zombies for fun. But of course, sometimes goes horribly horribly wrong. It's terrible and I love it

I even don't mind the resident evil movies. I watched them all and never felt dissapointed by them

Of course I love the classics like Night of the living dead, land of the dead, dawn of the dead, return of the living dead, etc. Also the not so classics (yet) like Zombieland and A Scouts guide to the zombie apocalypse which I've watched about 20 times each.

If anyone's ever in the mood to watch a good bloody and somewhat scary zombie movie there's a French film titled La Horde that is a pretty damn entertaining one.

The irony of this is that I'm not too big on the walking dead right now. Well, really I just gave up on it during the first half of the 7th season. I watched every episode before that but from what I watched this last season it was just boring. Maybe due to not enough zombies
  • The Deadite likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:55 AM

I've only just started getting into Rick & Morty and it's so much better than mainstream animations like Futurama, Family Guy, American Dad etc.

Rick's f*cking amazing. My favourite episode so far was the A Nightmare On Elm Street/Inception parody lol.
  • Mister Pink and gtaoplayer like this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 16 September 2017 - 07:35 PM

I still watch Tom & Jerry, dope af childhood cartoon.
  • Mister Pink and Leftist Bastard like this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 04 October 2017 - 03:40 AM

I really like the Joker's voice in Suicide Squad, kinda sexy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users