Movie/TV confessions *may contain spoilers*

74 replies to this topic
Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 01 May 2017 - 12:50 PM

- Breaking Bad is the worst TV series I've watched.

- Pulp Fiction is meh.

- Shawshank Redemption is great but not even in top 50 of best movies.

- Never watched GoT or Walking Dead and no intend to.

- Schindler's List is pure crap.

- Max Payne movie was alright.

- Assassin's Creed movie is good. So does Home Alone 3.

- Home Alone 4 looks like a masterpiece in comparison to Die Hard 5.

waat_o_2026465.jpg

Can understand not watching TWD or GOT; even not finding Shawshank the very best but god damn dude. Breaking Bad is the singular worst TV show you've ever seen? SL is garbage? 

• The Deadite likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 02 May 2017 - 01:44 AM

Just to bump this up..

It only just dawned on me that I've never seen Alien or Predator so I bought them both on blu-ray.

Wow, that's a nice few hours of cinema for you. 

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

UshaB
  • UshaB

Nacho Libre - "I wanna weeeeeen!"

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 May 2017 - 12:48 PM

I've never watched Shawshank Redemption......yet

I've never seen all of Forrest Gump, only minor parts of it due to a few reasons. But I shall watch it all at some point.

For Fast&Furious 6, it's been on tv like 6 times but I've only seen about 20mins or so each time it came around. I feel like I should see it all but I hate F&F, but it hurts internally that I haven't completed the whole movie because I need to complete a movie whole.

Iron Fist was a pretty bad tv show.

I have completed watching all Star Wars movies so far and I forced myself to watch the crappy prequel trilogy because I just had to understand what other people were talking about.

I don't like watching Alien 3 as it somehow reminds me of those dirty public toilets with green-ish crappy lighting. Also that everyone had a bald head which reminded me of a concentration camp for British soldiers with ear-aching accents.

I stopped watching any of the Harry Potter films after running a marathon twice within 2 years. Haven't watched any of them (excluding Fantastic Beasts) in the last 4 years.

Frasier is my fav 90's comedy sitcom.

capton_cutclass
  • capton_cutclass

Dub Sexual

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 May 2017 - 03:00 AM

- I have a theory that Gus Fring is a homosexual man whose entire existence in both the shows Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul is to seek revenge on the man (Hector) who killed his lover. He has a methodical madness that seems to drive him and it would explain the murderous outburst in the lab.

If you look at it in this sense it gives a new meaning to "Los Pollos Hermanos"

Now Im not saying this is his reason for becoming a drug lord because in the scene when his "lover" is murdered he is proposing a meth distribution business to the cartel which didnt go over well.

• Mister Pink likes this

That Guy There
  • That Guy There

I'm the king of the world

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 May 2017 - 01:45 AM Edited by That Guy There, 04 May 2017 - 01:46 AM.

I also liked Frasier a lot and watched the entire series multiple times. Then I watched the entire series of Cheers to watch Frasier and his crazy antics in Boston.

I never liked the movie Training Day. Denzel was great, of course, but I thought the movie itself was terrible.

I stopped watching Sons of Anarchy during season 3, got bored of it.

The Golden Girls is the funniest sitcom I have ever seen.
  • Mister Pink and Fallcreek like this

Cmajor
  • Cmajor

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 May 2017 - 09:11 PM

- Prefer alien to aliens

- Not a huge fan of T2

- I like reservoir dogs more than pulp fiction

- I have yet to sit through any of the lord of the rings movies

• Mattodon likes this

Sunrise Driver
  • Sunrise Driver

The Infidel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2017 - 10:04 AM

YES

Also Jackie Brown >>>>> Pulp Fiction

gtaoplayer
  • gtaoplayer

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2017 - 10:56 PM

I don't care for Star Wars at all. Never got into it.

Same for GOT and a few other popular shows/movies. Just not my thing.

Here's a little list of tv shows I watch on a regular basis
Spoiler

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2017 - 10:58 PM Edited by Zello, 06 May 2017 - 11:00 PM.

I find all of the Godfather movies overrated. I enjoy movies like Goodfellas a lot more over it.
  • Sunrise Driver likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 07 May 2017 - 01:58 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 08 May 2017 - 10:49 AM.

YES

Also Jackie Brown >>>>> Pulp Fiction

I used to think Pulp Fiction was just the best thing ever but I think Jackie Brown holds up as a film better over time. 

I think superhero films are like the Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber of music. Overproduced bubblegum music for the masses with little depth. There's one or two of them I like, just like way I enjoy the odd pop song or on the rare occasion something original is being done. Overall, I think they're just a pop-cinema cash cow. Mostly unoriginal, source material has all ready been made, they don't take a chance and are made to please all otherwise they couldn't justify their mega budgets. Just like pop-music except the demographic is less teenage girls and women and more teenage boys/men. Sorry that sounds super negative... not hating on anyone that likes them.. I really tried with them but am often left disappointed by them.

• Sunrise Driver, Femme Fatale and Payne Killer like this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:42 PM

Immediately after I finished watching Taxi Driver, I watched it again.
  • Mister Pink and Payne Killer like this

UshaB
  • UshaB

Nacho Libre - "I wanna weeeeeen!"

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 July 2017 - 09:07 AM

South Korean crime thrillers are mad.......that's all.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 02 July 2017 - 12:34 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 02 July 2017 - 01:05 PM.

Immediately after I finished watching Taxi Driver, I watched it again.

It's so good. Pity the videogame was scrapped.

If you liked that film so much, you'll no-doubt like this analysis. 

• Femme Fatale and Payne Killer like this

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

here is wondering how long a member title actually could be

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 02 July 2017 - 10:07 PM

I only like the movie "titanic" really at the part were the ship sinks since i am not really the one for drama, but even then, i honestly think that for its time, the overall movie is indeed a master piece well deserving the credit it got regardless....heck, it even got a plot twist...and the actors are great, the cgi holds up really well and though the overall love story is now quite outdated i felt like it was always presented "believable" and not to "overdramatic".

And yes, holly sh*t, the sountrack has been heard way to often, but still it is honestly not such a simplified song to be honest.

Rebel Yell
  • Rebel Yell

Roots Radicals

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:08 AM

• I have never watched all episodes of The Simpsons, but I'm trying my best... I mean 28 seasons and 618 episodes in total? That's a lot to do. Whatever, anyway, although many people think that Season 9-10 is the last good season of the show, I beg to differ that The Simpsons is actually on a pretty good run until the Season 15. Then, the show starts going downhill but there are still some enjoyable episodes (despite continuing errors, or similar plots to previous episodes etc.) such as That 90's Show, E Pluribus Wiggum, Girls Just Want to Have Sums, The President Wore Pearls, Bart-Mangled Banner... Still worth to watch The Simpsons as they're still able to make good episodes more or less.
  • Sin City has a good concept for comics, but the movies suck so hard. Haven't watched A Dame to Kill For yet, probably never will because I fear that it'll be a huge disappointment as well.
  • Throughout my whole life, there's always been someone that would shove How I Met Your Mother or Friends down my throat, saying that I should watch right away, but I never did. So, as another confession, I'm not a big fan of American sitcom except for adult animated shows.
  • I'm a big fan of Breaking Bad, and actually I was the one who prompted most of my friends to watch it in the first place. However, I'm sick of the people who act like BB is the best thing that has ever happened to TV. And oh yeah, I'm pissed off about hard-core fanatics who think that Walter White is holier-than-thou when the show suggests exactly the opposite. I mean, take another look at the show's title: "Breaking Bad"... c'mon!
  • Out of all the movie trilogies, I think my all-time favourite is Back to the Future, with the Dollar Trilogy coming second most probably. Yeah, I'm not much a Star Wars or a Lord of the Rings guy.
  • Just until two months ago, I tended to act like Butthead during my university classes. For example, when the teacher says "... come late", I'd go "Uhuhuhuh! She said 'cum late'."
  • I have a close friend who thinks that I resemble Bunk from The Wire in terms of characteristics and the way I conversate. 
  • And also, during my time as a student teacher, some of my students said that I look like "that kid" from The Simpsons... Interesting.
  • Although I can't say I dislike him, I still think that Seth MacFarlane is somewhat of a lazy and rehashing hack. Just look at all them Family Guy, American Dad and The Cleveland Show. Almost the same formula, different cultural backgrounds. That, besides the numbing cutaway jokes, makes Seth MacFarlane the overhyped king of the Adult Animated TV Comedy who is perceived as cool and edgy by many others, IMO... meanwhile Matt Groening, Mike Judge, Trey Parker & Matt Stone are far more talented at satire, making them much more brilliantly edgy.
  • Mister Pink likes this

Sunrise Driver
  • Sunrise Driver

The Infidel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:10 PM Edited by Street Mix, 13 July 2017 - 02:00 PM.

Breaking Bad is the singular worst TV show you've ever seen? SL is garbage? 

Yeah, cause I don't watch every damn TV show. To clarify the statement - the worst among the shows I watched properly, like from first to last episode. I didn't count shows with only a couple of episodes seen with my family when I was a kid.

SL is not even a movie. It looks like a documentray. A long booring documentary.

That Guy There
  • That Guy There

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2017 - 07:44 AM

I love the show Friends and think it's hilarious and fun
I have watched the entire series quite a few times on netflix

straightupmenace
  • straightupmenace

Homeboy

• Members
  • Aruba

Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:33 AM

i thought that 28 Weeks Later was a very disappointing sequel and nowhere near as good as 28 Days Later. It's a shame too, the movie had lots of potential in the beginning with the opening farmhouse chase sequence. My biggest problem with it that there isn't much character development or interaction, it's just constant action, which I personally think hurts more then it helps.

Also, I think Don should've been the main character.

Also, I thought Hot Fuzz was great but not as great as Shaun of The Dead. I just personally didn't find it as funny as Shaun. 

Mattodon
  • Mattodon

The Damascan Tusk

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:57 PM

I like a lot of movies, by themselves, but I don't care for a majority of them. And I hate watching movies as a regular activity. I don't see why it's a "thing" to do. To me it's more like "I went for a walk on Monday, jerked off on Tuesday, watched a movie one Wednesday, and napped on Thursday". I think it's partly because I don't like committing to something knowing that I have to actually give it my undivided attention for the next two hours. I don't feel that way with books or games or other activities because I feel comfortable actually walking away from those whenever I choose. But with movies, it's like you have to stay seated. They have an actual momentum, and pausing them for a couple of hours completely ruins that momentum.

• Payne Killer and Wingate167 like this

Mattodon
  • Mattodon

The Damascan Tusk

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:04 PM Edited by Majesty Dreamworth, 27 July 2017 - 06:05 PM.

- Prefer alien to aliens

- Not a huge fan of T2

- I have yet to sit through any of the lord of the rings movies

As a fan of the LotR books, I can assure you that you will never get anything out of watching those movies. Usually, people are a fan of the book first and then hate the movie because it doesn't live up to the book. I was a little kid who loved the movies first (largely because I had no taste—I was dumb enough to enjoy SW Epi. I). I decided to read the books as an adult and I was scandalized at how impoverished the movies were compared to the source material. I felt as though I had been sold fool's gold.

If you do sit down to the LotR movies, do NOT watch the extended cuts. P.J. said he did it for the fans, but all the extra content manages to actually kill whatever little momentum the theatrical versions had.

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:41 AM

You all motherf*ckers out of your mind if you're going to tell me The Lord of the Rings trilogy isn't one of the best in cinematic history. Let's ignore the source material for a bit here, although I personally think Peter Jackson did it justice and actually improved a few aspects [and there were some regressions, but that's not the point] it's cinematic gold. It's an incredibly engrossing story with such a massive scale but it still retains its quintessential humanity. It's sheer existence is an achievement.

Again I know Tolkien purists are the hardest group of people to please on the planet and nothing I say will change your mind but telling someone not to watch them is doing them a massive disservice.

• HaythamKenway and Mattodon like this

Mattodon
  • Mattodon

The Damascan Tusk

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:05 AM

You all motherf*ckers out of your mind if you're going to tell me The Lord of the Rings trilogy isn't one of the best in cinematic history. Let's ignore the source material for a bit here, although I personally think Peter Jackson did it justice and actually improved a few aspects [and there were some regressions, but that's not the point] it's cinematic gold. It's an incredibly engrossing story with such a massive scale but it still retains its quintessential humanity. It's sheer existence is an achievement.

Again I know Tolkien purists are the hardest group of people to please on the planet and nothing I say will change your mind but telling someone not to watch them is doing them a massive disservice.

It's not that we're purists first, and therefore hard to please. It's that there are specific nuances and details in the storytelling that take hold of us, and those are the aspects that really anchor our love for the books. If we don't see those aspects in the movies, or we see a noticeably diminished representation of those aspects, we're not liable to like the movies.

Let's say you have a huge crush on someone. If I asked you to list your five most favorite features of their combined looks and personality, and then introduced you to another person who was identical to your crush in every aspect except the aspects you listed as your favorite, would you be interested? It's kinda vaguely like that.

Personally, I'm an artist. When reading the books, my imagination was set on fire, but there are a handful of particular scenes that remain emblazoned in my mind's eye that I would love to paint. None of those scenes made it into the movies. To me, that means immediately that Pete simply does not appreciate the books in the same way that I do. But his movies show some aspect of what he does appreciate the most, and that seems largely to be the action. And while there's plenty of action in LotR, that's not really what it's about at all.

And from a purely cinematic perspective, I would also say that Pete fails here, too. LotR is an exercise in bad cinematography and uneven pacing. And why the f*ck go for three hours if you're cutting sh*t any way. Make it 2hr15min. That's the sweet spot. If I were to make this as a Hollywood director with a good sense of pace, but without caring about the book, I would've significantly cut the time it takes to get to Rivendell. Seriously! It's called "The Fellowship of the Ring", but as a moviegoer, I'm having to wait until literally halfway through a three-hour movie for the journey of the  Fellowship to kick off.

LotR is also an exercise in middling casting (the good: Sean Aston, Sean Bean, Ian McKellan, Christopher Lee; the bad: everyone else). The costumes, props, and sets were great, but although Pete would have to approve them, those are largely brought to life by actual artists and designers, people who get paid to be good at that stuff, no matter what the source material is, sooo...

• HaythamKenway likes this

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Scavenger

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:26 AM Edited by HaythamKenway, 28 July 2017 - 03:33 PM.

I adore Tolkien's work, but I also love Jackson's take on it. Because that's what it is, it's his interpretation, his vision of the epic. And, through that lens, I think he did an admirably impressive job. He managed to retell the story, while preserving its thematic core, and used the power of the different medium and modern storytelling techniques to elevate his version above being a mere slavish, backwards adaptation, going through the motions without the soul of the original.

You can't say that he didn't care about the source material. The love and care radiates from every frame of these movies. Did he care about certain aspects of the work more than about the others - well, of course, that is undeniable. Did he make concessions to make the story easier to digest as a Hollywood blockbuster? For sure. There are moments the films slide awfully close to being a farce because of the nature of this version also having to double as a straightforward commercial entertainment product. Certain decisions rub me the wrong way and they are only getting worse and worse with years. But just as often, Jackson changed and adjusted things for the better, using the modern resources. It's a give-and-take kind of deal. Tolkien's creation is so rich, so multifaceted that you can't really capture it in all its magnitude and obviously, different elements that speak to different people can't all make the transition. We're never going to get a correct adaptation of these books. It's impossible, not just commercially, but above all creatively. As an alternative, as a fair compromise, I would consider Jackson's trilogy an against-all-odds success.

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:23 PM Edited by Leftist Bastard, 28 July 2017 - 12:26 PM.

And from a purely cinematic perspective, I would also say that Pete fails here, too. LotR is an exercise in bad cinematography and uneven pacing. And why the f*ck go for three hours if you're cutting sh*t any way. Make it 2hr15min. That's the sweet spot. If I were to make this as a Hollywood director with a good sense of pace, but without caring about the book, I would've significantly cut the time it takes to get to Rivendell. Seriously! It's called "The Fellowship of the Ring", but as a moviegoer, I'm having to wait until literally halfway through a three-hour movie for the journey of the  Fellowship to kick off.

LotR is also an exercise in middling casting (the good: Sean Aston, Sean Bean, Ian McKellan, Christopher Lee; the bad: everyone else). The costumes, props, and sets were great, but although Pete would have to approve them, those are largely brought to life by actual artists and designers, people who get paid to be good at that stuff, no matter what the source material is, sooo...

. But his movies show some aspect of what he does appreciate the most, and that seems largely to be the action. And while there's plenty of action in LotR, that's not really what it's about at all.

I disagree. The action and set pieces are truly something to behold; Helm's Deep remains the best battle put to film in my opinion but the best bits aren't the clashing of swords. Going back to Helm's Deep, for instance, the reason that was battle so good is because of the way it's build up to. We get to feel the stakes, the brotherhood and tension between our main cast, the impossible odds and the sheer panic.

Scenes like this:

Stand out and enhance what's to come. Other scenes like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9skYkQfAwus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbsJnCwuJa0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbLKjO2ImGo

There is just a great blend of everything in those movies. They feel less like films and more like engrossing journeys, portals to another world. Tension and action and comedy and drama and happiness and sadness, it's all there. The way Tolkien portrayed? perhaps not, I think that's an arduous and impossible task and if PJ had tried to be as faithful as possible the product would have turned out to be sub par. But the essence is there.

They're long but I don't think the viewer is ever left bored or uninterested. The slow, deliberate pace gives you time to immerse yourself in the world and the cinematography is a thing of beauty. Those massive overhead trekking shots might seem like nothing now a days but back then that sort of scale was unimaginable. It really captures just how big of an undertaking our characters are going on and it sucks you into the world. 

Viggo Mortensen personified Aragorn incredibly well and gave the character more nuance than I would have expected. I don't think you're giving Bernard Hill the credit he deserves either; or Faramir. Really the only performance i'm iffy on is Orlando Bloom.

• HaythamKenway likes this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 30 July 2017 - 02:03 AM

Timothy Dalton will always be my favorite James Bond, he was a dark and gritty 007 before it was cool.
  • Neon_Dreaming likes this

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:38 PM

Not sure if already said here, but i really hate E.T. and i really love the Charie & The Chocolate Factory movie from Tim Burton :p

Wingate167
  • Wingate167

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:45 AM

I like both the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the DC Extended Universe for someone who likes both Marvel and DC. I don't have the issues people have had with DC's films, but the bashing is killing a Golden Age of Comic Book films and is getting f*cking annoying. For every time I see someone bash Marvel's films, I see DC's films get bashed 10X more in clickbait and fanboys who think they know the characters but only know one version. Can't I like both?

I wish the fanboys on both sides calling for the universe they want to die as well as the media would see what an age we live in to have TV shows, movies, books about our heroes and there will never be another time like this. The superhero films will go the way of the slasher and Western films.

I don't really care for Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead mainly because royalty fights don't interest with Game of Thrones and I got bored with the Walking Dead by season 5.

A8ul99
  • A8ul99

This is my car, Suzuki Wagon R

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:44 AM

Here's some of my movie/tv confession:
- I actually feeling sad when jack was drowning in Titanic. I mean, after all he done to save rose's life. He choosed to let cold waters around him to take his life away. It's just. Why?
- For me, Rambo: First Blood is the best movie I ever watched (I can watch it over and over and over again). The action, dramas, etc. Almost all kinds of stuff (except horror) were there. It's almost perfect (for me).

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 10 August 2017 - 04:51 PM

Honestly the ending of the docu serie"walking with dinosaurs".

I admit, though the visuals are stunning and the storytelling is great, the visuals are outdated and it is filled with inaccurate stuff, but man, even at this very day, the ending of "death of a dynasty", were the comet crashes into the planet, the moment were the music starts going sad and it is raining rocks while the narrator tells it is the end of the age of the dinosaurs still kinda makes me sad whenever i watch it.

Same for the moment when the ornithocheirus dies in the episode"giants of the skies".

That Guy There
  • That Guy There

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:35 AM

I liked the first Captain America movie a lot. Like a lot a lot. I have watched every MCU movie made and I have watched that movie many more times then I've seen any of the others.

I liked the Fellowship of the Ring movie more than I liked the book. Haven't read that other two books yet.

Andy Dwyer and April Ludgate from Parks and Recreation was the greatest tv couple of all time

I been paying for a Hulu subscription just so that I can watch the simpsons whenever I want

These pretzels ARE making me thirsty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users