Photo

Prison Break (2016 Revival)

48 replies to this topic
TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2016 - 04:00 AM Edited by TheFoxRiverFugitive, 12 January 2017 - 05:03 PM.

15940374_10158402698015112_4404235853556

Synopsis

The show picks up seven years after the events of the TV special "Prison Break: The Final Break". One day T-Bag shows up on Lincoln's porch with a dossier on Michael, which includes a photo of him in a prison in the Middle East. Lincoln soon learns that Michael is in fact still alive, but he's in Yemen, where ISIS has caused a civil war among the populace. To save his brother, Lincoln enlists the help of C-Note and Sucre and they embark on a rescue mission to break Michael out of Ogygia Prison. The only problem is that breaking out of the prison is just the first step, they'll have to escape the wrath of ISIS and escape Yemen itself to survive.

Cast

Wentworth Miller - Michael Scofield

Dominic Purcell - Lincoln Burrows

Sarah Wayne Callies - Sara Tancredi

Amaury Nolasco - Fernando "Sucre"

Robert Knepper - Theodore "T-Bag" Bagwell

Rockmond Dunbar - Benjamin Miles "C-Note" Franklin

Paul Adelstein - Paul Kellerman

Mark Feuerstein - Sara's Husband

Augustus Prew - "Whip"

Rick Yune - "Ja"

Inbar Lavi - "Sheba"

Marina Benedict - "A&W"

Kunal Sharma - "Sid"

Amin El Gamal - "Cyclops"

Steve Mouzakis - "Van Gogh"

I'm honestly mixed on this revival they're doing. On the one hand, I loved the hell out of the first two seasons of the show, and am thrilled that Scheuring (the guy who was head of production on the first two seasons) is being given the reins. On the other hand, the last season of the show, along with the TV special, were definitely not up to par with what fans had come to expect after the first seasons. As a result, the ending to the series felt rushed and forced and didn't exactly leave any wiggle room for there to be any continuation of the story, so a lot of sh*t is probably going to be retconned. I have faith in Scheuring though, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

• Dangerous and sad and gtaoplayer like this

Coin
  • Coin

I'm the James Bardolph of GTAF smd

• The Yakuza
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:16 AM

It's kind of hard to be excited about this, even as a Prison Break fan, IMO.

The original run already suffered pretty bad for being dragged out.

• TheFoxRiverFugitive and Old Dinosaur like this

Girish
  • Girish

LFM

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:23 AM

Yeah, the original should strictly have been a two season series. The third was alright but you could sense that it was created only to milk the series further.

I don't know how I feel about this revival though. Michael freeing his brother and passing away gave the series a proper closure. I have no idea how they plan on bringing Michael back from the dead.

• TheFoxRiverFugitive, RandompedestrianfromLC and Old Dinosaur like this

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 March 2016 - 04:21 PM Edited by TheFoxRiverFugitive, 18 March 2016 - 04:24 PM.

Robert Knepper, Rockmond Dunbar, and Amaury Nolasco have all been confirmed as returning cast members! Can't wait to see T-Bag again!

http://www.fox.com/p...to-prison-break

Teddy-gifs-t-bag-30231171-200-200.gif

• Dangerous and sad and EvolvedWalker like this

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Big Homie

• The Lost MC
  • Unknown

Posted 18 March 2016 - 05:30 PM

I think this show could have been more popular if it was aired a little later than it originally was. Not to say that it wasnt popular back then, but still. I feel like TV shows back then werent so mainstream as they are now.

I dunno about a revival. Just have to see how it is. But I feel like the story is over. Its also been so long since I watched it that I barley remember the plot and the details anymore.

Blaze
  • Blaze

***SUICIDE ALPS FOREVER***

• The Yardies
  • South-Georgia-and-the-South-Sandwich-Islands
  • Super Special Gold Star 2006
    Draw Contest Booby Prize 2016
    Campaign Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 18 March 2016 - 05:48 PM

inb4 schofield faked his death

MyName'sJeff
  • MyName'sJeff

Schmidt f*cked the Captain's daughter!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 March 2016 - 05:49 PM

I've got a feeling that they are retconning the last season as if it didn't exist, or something happened when Michael was alone saving everyone else during the electrocution scene. They need to at least come up with something special.

I've got to say though, this was the best show I've ever seen, and will probably ever see in the world. It was just sensational. Most of the characters were literally out of this world, especially T-Bag and Michael. On one hand, I'm f*cking ecstatic for this, on the other I am sceptical.

• TheFoxRiverFugitive likes this

EvolvedWalker
  • EvolvedWalker

sepi

• GTAF Crew
  • Ireland

Posted 19 March 2016 - 04:44 PM Edited by EvolvedWalker, 19 March 2016 - 04:45 PM.

i am watching the show again, got the blu-ray set a few weeks ago, i am excited to see the revival series, i hope they don't change the theme song!

• Girish and Old Dinosaur like this

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 March 2016 - 05:59 AM Edited by TheFoxRiverFugitive, 25 March 2016 - 06:32 AM.

They've just confirmed that Paul Adelstein is returning for the mini-series. Kellerman is back baby! All we need now is Mahone, so hopefully they can lasso-in William Fichtner.

http://tvline.com/20...paul-kellerman/

It would also seem that actual production begins in just two weeks.

https://twitter.com/...123994623287296

CeWGfPaUYAAhqiE.jpg

• EvolvedWalker likes this

Dangerous and sad
  • Dangerous and sad

"The crow no longer sings to me"

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 29 March 2016 - 01:40 AM

Nothing and I mean nothing beats the first season of this show. Ending of episode 20 had be in shock for ages.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 March 2016 - 03:49 AM Edited by TheFoxRiverFugitive, 29 March 2016 - 03:52 AM.

I dunno man, season 2 was also really good. I see Seasons 1 and 2 as one story arch. They go together so well. I know a lot of people don't like season 2, but I don't understand what exactly they were expecting. They could only take it one direction which was to have all eight of them on the run. I also really enjoyed the subplot about the money and how most of them were rushing to Utah to claim it for themselves. It was also really nice to see Michael having an internal conflict about whether or not he should have orchestrated the escape in the first place at various points throughout the season.

• Dangerous and sad likes this

EvolvedWalker
  • EvolvedWalker

sepi

• GTAF Crew
  • Ireland

Posted 19 April 2016 - 01:15 PM

:D

https://www.instagra.../p/BEWc2PICaqo/

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2016 - 09:38 PM

Yeah, there have been a lot of really cool behind the scenes shots by some of the actors already.

CgbzrCoUIAAcXLc.jpg

CgGX14-UAAACPmK.jpg

Cf9fjdgUkAAzsq7.jpg

From what they've been teasing thus far, they're making it sound like this revival is going to be more thematically similar to seasons 1 and 2, which is a very good thing. I'm getting more excited for this every day.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• The Connection
  • Canada

Posted 20 April 2016 - 12:04 AM

Oh man, it's weird to feel nostalgic for something so recent. Should be a bit of fun, I hope they don't milk it for too much.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2016 - 03:02 PM Edited by TheFoxRiverFugitive, 16 May 2016 - 03:07 PM.

Prison Break will be returning in 2017 on Fox! It will air Thursday nights at 9:00PM.

http://www.fox.com/a...016-2017-season

13237822_10157145661975112_8611659683749

EvolvedWalker
  • EvolvedWalker

sepi

• GTAF Crew
  • Ireland

Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:31 PM

Oh yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:51 PM

Yeah, the original should strictly have been a two season series. The third was alright but you could sense that it was created only to milk the series further.

I don't think there's ever been a TV show where milking was more obvious than in Prison Break. The premise was in the damn title. Once you're done with that part you don't have much to work with without resorting to making up excuses to stay on the air for another season or two. And sadly that's exactly what they did.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2016 - 11:14 PM Edited by TheFoxRiverFugitive, 17 May 2016 - 03:35 PM.

Holy sh*t, I didn't even realize a trailer was out. At least they're in a prison again, though I can't wait for them to try and explain how Michael is still breathing.

I guess it's at least a step in the right direction in the sense that they're back in prison again. Honestly, the best case scenario I can see for this revival is a repeat of season 3, which wasn't as good as the first two seasons, but still entertaining. I'd be happy with that.

• Dangerous and sad likes this

Dangerous and sad
  • Dangerous and sad

"The crow no longer sings to me"

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 21 May 2016 - 08:15 PM

Holy sh*t, I didn't even realize a trailer was out. At least they're in a prison again, though I can't wait for them to try and explain how Michael is still breathing.

I guess it's at least a step in the right direction in the sense that they're back in prison again. Honestly, the best case scenario I can see for this revival is a repeat of season 3, which wasn't as good as the first two seasons, but still entertaining. I'd be happy with that.

Season 1 is GOAT

Old Dinosaur
  • Old Dinosaur

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!
  • Australia

Posted 31 May 2016 - 02:45 AM

wow that's garbage, that's somehow even worse than turning them into the A- team like they did in season 4 

season 4 A-team > >>>>> putting them all back in prison.. and it's not even close..

i mean this is clearly a cash grab, it's clearly a wanna be fast 5... lets make it offical and make it like that.. make it generic action.. 

simply put it's impossible for this show to have any logic in it now.. those days are gone if they are all back in prison.. .. so i'm interested too see where this goes (nowhere good in guessing) 

in all truth and honesty despite being a sexist.. i'd MUCH rather them reboot the womens prison break idea.. if that's an option... why kill a great show like prison break.. just leave it alone... hire some hot women and sell the show based on that... it works for supergirl.... why can't it work for prison break !? 

hell i heard they are making a female spiderman FOR f*ck SAKE ..... so yeah... why not do that to prison break too.. it can't be anymore harmful than this current cash grab.......

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2016 - 11:29 PM

Fox just put out this short clip for comic-con.

RandompedestrianfromLC
  • RandompedestrianfromLC

Liberty City

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2016 - 12:55 PM

To be honest, its f*cking silly. Season 1, 2 and 3 were good, but after that when it turned in to that "covernment agent" crap, it turned in to sh*t.  :v:

The returning show should have new characters, new story and just normal prison break.

It was really good show, before the last season. 

I will still watch it tough. 

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2016 - 06:12 PM Edited by TheFoxRiverFugitive, 15 August 2016 - 06:14 PM.

New trailer.

It's looking a lot better than I thought it was going to be. I like the idea of it being not just a prison break, but also an escape from a country that ISIS has taken hold of.

• Kippers likes this

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2017 - 07:34 PM Edited by TheFoxRiverFugitive, 07 January 2017 - 07:35 PM.

Some new photos and behind-the-scenes stuff.

C0ZG4TEUAAA9gtp.jpg

C1GZqA8UcAA0mBM.jpg

C1R7OYCUQAA5bT1.jpg

C0s2ObvUsAAiSPF.jpg

The release date for the revival is set to be after the final season of Bones finishes airing. Prison Break will be taking over that time slot.

Executive Producer and series creator Paul Scheuring compares Michael's new story to "The Odyssey" : "The deepest, darkest part of the Middle Eastern struggle might be that. It raises the question: How the hell of all places did he end up there? Doing honor to the Odyssey, one of the big components of the season was Odysseus went through hell, he went across half the globe to get home. That’s what I wanted to do with Michael."

gtaoplayer
  • gtaoplayer

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:56 PM

Can't wait to see it. I was hooked on that show.

They're also perfect as Captain Cold and Heatwave

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:32 PM

Another official update: the series will be premiering on April 4th!

15940374_10158402698015112_4404235853556

https://www.facebook...?type=3

• gtaoplayer likes this

Campo.
  • Campo.

Uber Aussie

• Members

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:52 PM

Keen! Got so hooked on the original about 6 months ago and watched it flat out

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:09 AM Edited by TheFoxRiverFugitive, 12 January 2017 - 12:19 AM.

What's this? Two updates in one day? You bet!

I REALLY want to know what the hell is up with T-Bag. Mainly, why the hell he's out of prison. Not only that, but now he's got a robotic prosthetic.

• gtaoplayer likes this

Campo.
  • Campo.

Uber Aussie

• Members

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:52 AM

So keen!!

gtaoplayer
  • gtaoplayer

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States