34870430373_23eaaf92aa_h.jpg

• livejoker, Maxxi, Ivan1997GTA and 1 other like this

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:26 AM

Google seems to suggest that v-sync doesn't override G-sync but it kinda sucks that you are pretty much stuck at 60 FPS regardless of specs.

what do you mean stucked at 60fps? i play at 75-85 Fps

Dealux
  • Dealux

Goddess Of Light

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:42 PM

No stutter? I know it seems like a redundant question for a G-sync monitor owner, but some games do have problems above 60 FPS regardless.

livejoker
  • livejoker

Questionable Aunt

• Van Society
  • None
  • Funniest Member 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 04 July 2017 - 11:39 PM

Hey guys, some nice pics to spruce up the place. A new favorite ride as well as some 4th of July stupidity.

Look at at curvy body...it's mesmerizing:
4oKCIDD.png

vcNJaOO.png

This guy had a Donald Trump profile pic so we knew we were in the right session:
HR4k8uv.png

A friend and I got some USA-inspired vehicles and set to spread the message of freedom (and yes, it's a Bentley...):
xsjnRXP.png

5pwRr1D.png

Some drifters actually liked it!
E5fT9MT.png

• inbetweendays_, Maxxi, Coleco and 3 others like this

Maxxi
  • Maxxi

Guardian of the Light

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:37 AM

>USA-inspired

>Bentley

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
  • livejoker and Actlikeyouknow like this

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:10 AM Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83, 05 July 2017 - 11:21 AM.

No stutter? I know it seems like a redundant question for a G-sync monitor owner, but some games do have problems above 60 FPS regardless.

We are talking about stutter or screen tearing? I dont think anything can prevent stutters.
Well i dont go mutch higher in ultrawide with very high/ultra settings, around 80's but it seems smooth most of the times with vsync on or off (with gsync monitor) edit: 100hz monitor, so i might not be getting the same problem as you bcuz im not pushing more FPS then the refresh rate of the monitor

Vsync on wont prevent you from going above 60fps, it will just stop your GPU to push more FPS then your monitor can render.

I did try using vsync on Gta but i was getting screen tearing !! Even with gsync monitor so it was a bit confusing to me. Turned off everything runs smooth
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

Dealux
  • Dealux

Goddess Of Light

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:37 PM

Stutters don't really happen with G-sync on unless there's something really wrong with the game. I mean frame rate drops are smooth. I get stutters even in Forza Motorsport 6, which has no problems staying above 60. This is probably due to the way Fast Sync works. I used that and turn off v-sync in all games and typically when I am close to the refresh rate Fast Sync seems to introduce some light form of stutter but it is more noticeable in some games than others. Ideally, for Fast Sync to work smoothly you would have to be well above your refresh rate and not close to it.

Forza does seem to have some issues at high frame rates. Even Digital Foundry noticed this I think.

Mexicola9302
  • Mexicola9302

Trick

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:44 PM

The only area where i get some fps drops is the rainforrest. Mostly i have constant 60 fps. i play in 1440p Ultra with 4xAA with v-sync on. It`s great they fixed the CPU core limitations but it still sucks there is no SLI support. Really hope they do something about the SLI problem. If i turn SLI on i get stuttering because the 2nd card always is limited somehow. The 1st card is used normal but the 2nd only to around 70%. Really sucks GTA V is so pretty much the only game that uses both gpu`s to around 95-100%. I bought the game 1 week before the hot wheels dlc damn im glad i waited so long it was really unplayable before the hw dlc.

I thought we get the Porsche 911 Flying Lizard this week any of you know why it has been replaced with a Ferrari? Maybe they need to fix something or whatever?

4-10 July
#Forzathon 
Freedom Of The Road
Complete 3 Races in Classic Muscle to win the ’70 Chevelle Super Sport HE AND 50,000 CR

#Forzathon 
Get Together
Complete an Online Adventure to win 3 Wheelspins

#Forzathon 
Bursting In Air
Perform 20 Ultimate Air Skills to win the 2010 Ferrari 599XX

#Forzathon 
Rallying Cry
Complete a Race in a Classic Rally car to receive 55,000 XP and 120,000 CR

14-17 July
#Forzathon Running Wild
Complete 3 Races in a Jaguar to earn the Jaguar XJ220 HE AND 95,000 XP

#Forzathon Flora And Fauna 
Complete a Bucket List challenge that ends in the Rainforest to win 3 Wheelspins

#Forzathon Party Animals
Complete 3 Playground Games to win the Viper SRT10 HE AND 120,000 CR

#Forzathon Roaring Through
Perform 20 Speed Skills to earn 25,000 XP AND 50,000 CR

21-24 July
#Forzathon Prowling
Complete a race in the Plymouth Prowler to earn 75,000 XP AND 50,000 CR

#Forzathon Lunacy 
Complete 3 Danger Signs to earn 55,000 XP AND 200,000 CR

#Forzathon Howling 
Get 3 Stars on a Speed Zone to win the Lykan Hypersport

#Forzathon Moonglow 
Complete a Street Race to win 3 Wheelspins

28-31 July
#Forzathon Seashore Series
Win a Championship to receive the Porsche 959

#Forzathon Walk In The Park 
Get 3 Stars on the Surfers Park Danger Sign to receive 150,000 CR

#Forzathon Sand Pail 
Complete a Bucket List Challenge that ends in Surfers Paradise to win 3 Wheelspins

#Forzathon Beach Bum
Perform 10 Ultimate Air Skills to earn 95,000 XP

• Audi likes this

livejoker
  • livejoker

Questionable Aunt

• Van Society
  • None
  • Funniest Member 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:24 AM

More shots cause bored. Anyone here wanna meet up in-game in the near future? Would be cool to take shots with a few people.

o6p5ueZ.gif

3laYVOx.png

Not my paint (also the spinning Hello Kitty one):
SY2Jzua.png

• Coleco likes this

Mexicola9302
  • Mexicola9302

Trick

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:36 PM

My ingame name is JohnDoe9302 in Forza you guys can add me if you want.

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 July 2017 - 04:49 AM

And if you plopped me down somewhere in Forza Horizon 3, I'd know exactly where I was. That's why it's so boring. You can go anywhere, and it'll feel exactly the same. 

I know this is a week old, but I absolutely have no idea how this is could be considered true. If being in a city feels exactly the same as being in a jungle/beach/desert then I don't know what to say. If you said FH2 then you might have a point since I've played that game thoroughly enough to know that much of the map is pretty similar in most areas. I cannot agree for FH3 however. 

Unless of course you mean TDU having a map feeling the same everywhere you go is somehow a good thing, in which case I have no idea how that could be considered good.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Noale
  • Noale

I DID NOT HIT HER I DID NOT OH HI MARK

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:08 PM

I know this is a week old, but I absolutely have no idea how this is could be considered true. If being in a city feels exactly the same as being in a jungle/beach/desert then I don't know what to say. If you said FH2 then you might have a point since I've played that game thoroughly enough to know that much of the map is pretty similar in most areas. I cannot agree for FH3 however. 

Unless of course you mean TDU having a map feeling the same everywhere you go is somehow a good thing, in which case I have no idea how that could be considered good.

You're right. It probably is a week old. I'm not going to bother picking up that discussion again, because unfortunately something happened in that one week timeframe.

I stopped giving a shiit.

• Audi likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:19 AM Edited by Scaglietti, 14 July 2017 - 05:21 AM.

Damn, very edgy.

Anyways had a nice very Italian themed cruise with Pininfarina. Not many complaints just that the map does feel kinda small at times, wish it was a bit bigger.

livejoker
  • livejoker

Questionable Aunt

• Van Society
  • None
  • Funniest Member 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:41 AM

So this is going to be a bit weird...I'm gonna post this here for anyone interested. Sure, it's not the Find A Lobby section (which is only for GTA) so this feels somewhat appropriate to post this in the only Forza thread on the forum. We're having a meet and I'm inviting everyone in. This promo is just a test. If people join and it's a success I'll post future meet info (if allowed) here as well as Feedback & Pics. Is that something that interests anyone?

If this isn't allowed just edit my post and put a picture of a sloth.

l8gsmtz.png

Touge Racing - Hosted by Deskyx 98

Saturday, 15th @ 3PM PDT//4PM MDT//5PM CDT//6PM EDT//11PM BST//1AM EEST (Sun.)//8AM AEST (Sun.)//10AM NZDT (Sun.)

Class: S1. Preferably JDM cars but anything except for trucks and excessively large vehicles are allowed as they make passing incredibly difficult without excessive contact.

Rules:

Races will start in a rolling start from 60 mph so AWD cars do not have too much of an advantage on launch.

Deliberate ramming of the opponent off the road or accidental take outs and not waiting will result in a disqualification.

Usual racing etiquette applies.

To sign up, simply send Deskyx 98 a message on Xbox LIVE at the meet time for an invite.

• Audi likes this

Audi
  • Audi

Don't Pray For Me, Homie Pray For The Weak

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Slovenia
  • Best Turbo Quattro 2017

Posted 15 July 2017 - 01:47 AM

:breadfish: 34870431043_2d03b432d3_h.jpg35549236661_01b5702870_h.jpg35549235921_f5411fb4c5_h.jpg

• LevelDockSix, Coleco, Ivan1997GTA and 1 other like this

livejoker
  • livejoker

Questionable Aunt

• Van Society
  • None
  • Funniest Member 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:38 PM

So the meet post got no real reaction so the idea to post meet info and Feedback & Pics here is a no-go. Still, if anyone is interested in car meets just PM me. :)

Here's some pics from last night's meet, a Touge Racing styled event.

Spoiler cause I've got a few pics.

Pics:

Spoiler

• Coleco and Ivan1997GTA like this

Coleco
  • Coleco

Shut up and dance you FOOLS

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 16 July 2017 - 11:02 PM

Hey Livejoker, sorry I missed the invites - I didn't come checking this thread and I've only been hopping on FH3 for Forzathon cheevs recently.

I need to get me a Touge car :)

LevelDockSix
  • LevelDockSix

Sure Shot

• India

Posted 21 July 2017 - 12:08 PM

I should visit this thread open, almost level 300 right now (I play on and off). I can't say it's my favorite Horizon to date (the first is my pick tbh, portrayed the atmosphere of a real festival better imo) but it's lots of fun to play H3!

I'd love to join your Touge meet but I can't drift for the life of me, it's going to take a lot of practice I presume.
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

Professional Amateur
  • Professional Amateur

Pyro Maniac

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:00 AM

I've been playing FH3 a LOT recently and absolutely love cruising at night. The night sky looks fantastic and stormy sunsets somehow look even better.

ic8pZLj.jpg

• V4S, LevelDockSix, Scaglietti and 3 others like this

Dealux
  • Dealux

Goddess Of Light

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:08 PM

I should visit this thread open, almost level 300 right now (I play on and off). I can't say it's my favorite Horizon to date (the first is my pick tbh, portrayed the atmosphere of a real festival better imo) but it's lots of fun to play H3!

Yeah, I was kinda blown away when I first booted up the first game. I immediately realized that that was the perfect racing game essentially. Good physics, minimal story, open world environment. It sh*ts all over NFS and it is what NFS should have been.

I just bought the special edition (steel case) of the first game brand new. I think I'll play this game on the One X when it ships. I'm currently still playing Forza Motorsport 4 (recently finished FM3 100%).
  • LevelDockSix likes this

Coleco
  • Coleco

Shut up and dance you FOOLS

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:33 PM

I'm conflicted about the Danger Signs in this game.

It should feel awesome making ridiculous stunt jumps in fast cars but to get three stars in some of them is just an exercise in sheer frustration. Too many indestructible trees and other obstacles littering the way with random cars pootling along most of the time for it to be fun. It gets boring having to turn around, drive back, line up and give it another attempt just to have DrivatardPr0scopez852135 appear out of nowhere and kill your run or trees that seem to magnetically attract vehicles when passing them.

But then again I have always hated trees and AI drivers in this series. It probably wouldn't be as annoying if I got to see a spectacular wreck after hitting something at 200mph+ instead of stopping dead with an impotent thud but sadly we're denied that too, presumably thanks to stipulations handed down from the RL vehicle manufacturers. 

Maybe that's a good thing because I'd rear-end every Pinto I saw on the roads of Horizon otherwise

• Ivan1997GTA and Professional Amateur like this

Maxxi
  • Maxxi

Guardian of the Light

• United-States

Posted 02 August 2017 - 03:35 AM

Hot damn that Regalia is f*cking B-E-A-U-TIFUL!

Audi
  • Audi

Don't Pray For Me, Homie Pray For The Weak

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Slovenia
  • Best Turbo Quattro 2017

Posted 11 August 2017 - 04:52 AM

36355308801_efe46e8be3_h.jpg36095748660_4b32a37f78_h.jpg

Spoiler

• LevelDockSix, Ivan1997GTA and Thugazi like this

LevelDockSix
  • LevelDockSix

Sure Shot

• India

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:44 AM

>mfw I missed the GT-R Forzathon and was about to put down a stack for one from the Auction House when I remembered I had one from a few months ago

My two-tone polished HE GT-R:

cMV0Cwe.jpg

UVPHCZA.jpg

lhDKfjh.jpg

Hit level 300 the day before :) I've only apparently put in 50+ hours of gameplay though, so I doubt the validity of that statistic (even if I do only play the game every now and then).

• livejoker, Coleco, Audi and 2 others like this

update_lsc
  • update_lsc

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:20 PM

i regret buying this game. wanted to play a bit earlier, crashed thrice within 30 mins. first and last forza i've ever bought. if you wanna release a game for pc, f*cking spend some time optimizing it. the fact that playground is a microsoft studio only makes it worse. 

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:53 AM Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83, 16 August 2017 - 12:54 AM.

i regret buying this game. wanted to play a bit earlier, crashed thrice within 30 mins. first and last forza i've ever bought. if you wanna release a game for pc, f*cking spend some time optimizing it. the fact that playground is a microsoft studio only makes it worse. 

you are quick to point the finger and blame the game, microsoft and all others except yourself.

perhaps the only thing unstable is your own system, bought the expansion pack today and spent all day playing it, and didnt had any crash whatsoever

• Maxxi likes this

Slasher
  • Slasher

bad motherf*cker

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:22 AM

you are quick to point the finger and blame the game, microsoft and all others except yourself.

perhaps the only thing unstable is your own system, bought the expansion pack today and spent all day playing it, and didnt had any crash whatsoever

the game has been a f*cking mess since day 1, the whole windows store sh*t is a mess. I gotta admit, it was a clever choice of Microsoft to release it on their own platform so they could avoid refunds.

• Ivan1997GTA and update_lsc like this

update_lsc
  • update_lsc

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:19 AM Edited by update_lsc, 16 August 2017 - 06:19 AM.

right, i forgot. the game is perfectly optimized and i'm the only person who's experiencing such an unacceptable performance, absolutely. just because a program runs well on YOUR system, doesn't mean it runs well on the MAJORITY of systems. 

the game has been a f*cking mess since day 1, the whole windows store sh*t is a mess. I gotta admit, it was a clever choice of Microsoft to release it on their own platform so they could avoid refunds.

thanks for not being braindead.

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:23 PM

I'd be quick to point the finger if I was having problems with a game that's had known issues like that since Day 1...

aDigitalPhantom
  • aDigitalPhantom

4E69636F6C65

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:48 PM Edited by aDigitalPhantom, 16 August 2017 - 02:51 PM.

The game has ran fine for me since I started playing it early thanks to my pre-order of the Ultimate edition. I know some have had problems with it. When the game was new the menus were sluggish for me, but that was fixed quickly.

It would be nice to have people to play the game with, but I don't really want to put my Xbox ID in a post.

PS
I also have Forza 7 Ultimate Pre-Ordered because it will be for both PC/XB1 like FH3.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users