Forza Horizon 3

694 replies to this topic
Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Taking a break.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 11 March 2017 - 05:56 AM

I don't know if this feature was recently added, but I just noticed there's a shuffle option for the Groove station. If this is new, then I'm glad they added it; when the game came out, my Groove playlists would always play in the order the playlist is organized. Having the shuffle option makes using the station much more enjoyable.

• Scaglietti and Ivan1997GTA like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:08 AM Edited by Scaglietti, 11 March 2017 - 08:10 AM.

I like this game a lot. It's kind of frustrating because I've set a goal to buy every car I want which is about 95% of them so I can test them all out and compare and stuff. So many cars, at times the game looks like real life. Even on this 4K TV. It's uncanny.

The roads are also mind blowing.

My only qualm would be how the music muffles when you enter a speed zone which there is a lot of. Kind of annoying after a while but no way immersion breaking.

• TheOneLibertonian likes this

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:46 PM Edited by ΣΓ, 11 March 2017 - 01:46 PM.

I hope they work a bit more on the lighting for these games. I mean they look great already but if you look at Driveclub, the lighting in that game is very real looking and the graphics in general are top notch. With the upcoming release of the Scorpio I hope they focus a bit more on that.
  • Slasher likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 11 March 2017 - 02:20 PM

I hope they work a bit more on the lighting for these games. I mean they look great already but if you look at Driveclub, the lighting in that game is very real looking and the graphics in general are top notch. With the upcoming release of the Scorpio I hope they focus a bit more on that.

Well I'd say the lighting in FH3 is a huge improvement over FH2. Did you see the cars in that game? Literally every metallic paint job shined like chrome especially silver. It looked terrible. Lighting was very meh, daytime running lights looked out of place. When I played FH3 I was kind of blown away. Perfect? Nah, but close. There are lots of moment where I'm like "am I looking at the real thing?"

Probably one of the most beautiful moments was parking my yellow 488 in the town center of Byron Bay while the sun set. Dawns are gorgeous too, they really focused on the intensity of sunlight it's so vibrant.

The sky is the perfect part. Most times in games I kind of criticize the sky for either looking fake/bad or having poor transitioning animation. Well they actually took some 12K camera to record different skies around Australia. So it's all kinda real sort of. Really sets the atmosphere.

Just in love with this game. Feels like a proper successor to FH1. The roads are so damn fun and curvy, not just boring wide bends like South of France/Italy. It flows so naturally.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 11 March 2017 - 04:35 PM Edited by ΣΓ, 11 March 2017 - 04:36 PM.

I'm not that picky about graphics. I even completed the first Motorsport game (currently completing the third one) and enjoyed it. At the time it was pretty impressive. But I think they could improve in the graphics department significantly especially since these games are coming out on PC and the upcoming Scorpio. FH3's graphics are excellent but at the same time it is weird that a 2014 game outshines their latest stuff in some instances. I have no idea what they did with the lighting in Driveclub, the environments look so realistically lit. It's like one of those crazy GTA V graphics mods.

• Audi and Ivan1997GTA like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 11 March 2017 - 06:15 PM Edited by Scaglietti, 11 March 2017 - 10:15 PM.

Honestly couldn't give a damn about the surroundings and lighting compared to reflections though. Forza has always been behind in that regard. Reflections on cars so poor in previous games. They've made an improvement but why has NFS been getting it right for years? I mean they need to try harder when it comes to that.

I don't know what it is. Maybe the older I get the more nitpicky I become. :lol: Not really complaining just noticing stuff. Often times with racing games especially from Forza and Gran Turismo you just expect the cars to be modeled as accurately as possible because for the most part they are. But these cars are modeled by people who are human too and make mistakes just like the rest of us. Some weird things I noticed, especially considering I'm a huge car nerd and kind of like store accurate models of cars in my brain lol. Can't be Scag without nitpicking:

• AMG GT S has an AMG badge but no GT S badge, the AMG GTR does have all of its badges however.
  • 488 GTB has thin A pillars, too thin for windshield so where those parts of the interior should be is just plain blackness around the edges of the windshield.
  • California T is missing stitching on the passengers side of dashboard (I really can't believe I noticed this one ( :lol:)
  • A few cars just have some modelling errors such as imperfect tiny interior details or dash buttons that don't light up at night or they don't in interior view but do in exterior view, etc. Who cares, no big deal at all.
  • Range Rover SVR makes a supercharger noise and is too loud inside. It has the same engine as the Jaguar F-Type R which, weirdly, sounds completely different and makes no supercharger noise. Also disappointing the Hellcats make no supercharger noises even though they have the strongest ones in the game.

The worst one however. Those little quirks above I'll admit do trigger my OCD just a wee bit but the cars and other details are so good I can overlook the quirks. This one however, I just can't I mean lmao it's bad:

• I like the RCF, a lot of people find it ugly or an underpeformer but I've always liked it. Amazingly Turn10/Playground has found a way to make me not want to drive it. Surprisingly it drives perfect, sounds perfect. Looks nice on the outside and on the inside. However it's an OCD nightmare. Only the right backup light works, every time you hit the brakes and I mean every time the headlights do light up which is very weird, and then there's the interior. For some reason the main seats are white. Only the seats. Everything else is black. And then a tiny nitpick, the door inlays are carbon while the dash's are aluminum. And from the exterior only the backs of the main seats are white. From the front they're black with white bits. Quirky much? This is one car that I do not want to drive simply because of these minor details. The LFA is a good alternative though. :happy: Hopefully we'll get a GSF soon, modeling accurately, and maybe I'll just auction off my RCF.

I'm too detail oriented and I don't mean that in a good way. Just some little things I noticed. But this game so far has been amazing. I really

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

Passion, Adrenaline, and Speed!

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:52 AM

The worst one however. Those little quirks above I'll admit do trigger my OCD just a wee bit but the cars and other details are so good I can overlook the quirks. This one however, I just can't I mean lmao it's bad:

• I like the RCF, a lot of people find it ugly or an underpeformer but I've always liked it. Amazingly Turn10/Playground has found a way to make me not want to drive it. Surprisingly it drives perfect, sounds perfect. Looks nice on the outside and on the inside. However it's an OCD nightmare. Only the right backup light works, every time you hit the brakes and I mean every time the headlights do light up which is very weird, and then there's the interior. For some reason the main seats are white. Only the seats. Everything else is black. And then a tiny nitpick, the door inlays are carbon while the dash's are aluminum. And from the exterior only the backs of the main seats are white. From the front they're black with white bits. Quirky much? This is one car that I do not want to drive simply because of these minor details. The LFA is a good alternative though. :happy: Hopefully we'll get a GSF soon, modeling accurately, and maybe I'll just auction off my RCF.

I'm too detail oriented and I don't mean that in a good way. Just some little things I noticed. But this game so far has been amazing. I really

I'm very OCD oriented too. Sometimes I shake my head with some of the cars having the wrong offset, or little exterior, and interior lacking, or having the wrong details. I know most people wouldn't mind about it, but it sometimes goes through my head. I think that Turn 10, and Playground should stop outsourcing materials for the game post launch. Especially the DLC cars in which some of them lack a lot of detail compared to the ones released at launch. The Lancia Delta S4 Group B released for Blizzard Mountain really suffers the problem by copy-pasting the interior from the Stradale version, and the whole body itself looks more of a well made replica than the actual Rally car. The Aston Martin DB11's suspension is too low, and lunged to the ground. Also the most recent Civic Type R has a mouse cursor stuck on it's windshield that the devs forgot to remove until the most recent patch. The Lola T70's right wing is absent, and only present on the left, while the 24 Hours of Daytona winning car has both sides having wings.

Also there are performance issues too. Mostly the race cars from the All-Stars car pack, and the FXX K have their top speed to be nerfed compared to their real life counterparts, even with tuning adjustments. But I think it's due to balancing them to the other cars in the game, despite it being quite unbalanced already. The open wheeled cars like the Ariel Atom, and KTM X-Bow has the player avatar not wearing a helmet or at least eye protectors is also a small detail missed by the devs. Last, but not least some of the sounds are not as great, or as good as previous Horizon games. The R34 GT-R, Supra MKIV, and the BMW M4 having the same soundbite, while in Horizon 2 these cars sound a lot better, and more like their real life counterparts. The Mercedes AMG GTR sound does not have the raspy growl of the IRL car, but the GTS has it though.

Nitpicking aside, the game is a big improvement over FH2. Horizon 2 was rather dull, and uninspired compared to the first one, and Horizon 3. Australia is more varied, and fun than Southern Europe in FH2, more car variety with more obscure, and forgotten cult classics appearing in the game. Most importantly, the physics are improved over Horizon 2, especially how the cars respond off-road. I might be taking the game too serious, but there are little details that quite bother me. 

• Scaglietti and Ivan1997GTA like this

Noale
  • Noale

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:16 PM

The Miata rear bumper has a modeling mistake. The artist forget to use smoothing modifiers on the faces.  :lol:

sSXNxdo.jpg

• ΣΓ and Ivan1997GTA like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:19 PM Edited by Scaglietti, 14 March 2017 - 05:21 PM.

Quirks and RCF aside, this game has been truly amazing. I'm slowly but surely acquiring all of the cars I want. For the first time I've had a proper drive though.

I like to cruise with ABS and traction control on but stability control off for a little bit of fun. Manual of course. Turned the skills HUD off and DJ voices off for radio stations. And I always cruise in a private session because there is less traffic and no awful drivatars. Set to cruise.

I started with my Caliornia T, I wish I took pictures, it's a metallic red on wheels I tried hard to make look like regular alloys because the stock diamond cut ones are atrocious. Hooned the car all around the southern portion of the map. Felt like all was right with the world. :lol: In short it was amazing. The driving is so complex in this game and each car is so different I could break down how much I enjoyed the car from its steering and suspension to how much I love its turbo but I don't want to write a book. It was great. I haven't played FH2 in ages, since like 2015. And I never bought FM6. So everything is just new to me. I've been playing GTA Online, The Crew and IV in that order. No proper car game. Stopped playing FH1 when my 360 got slow but of course it's now BC but still haven't touched it plus the physics and car list are dated. So playing this game? It's like heaven!

I drove an AMG GT S to compare afterwards and then a new GTR. Each car I just want to drive aroumd in for an hour. They're that good. You would think this game would be quality over quantity but the car list is huge. Of course, as stated earlier, it does come with quirks. No big quirks since my last post thank god! :happy: Only thing I noticed was no 458 Italia badge on the passenger side of the 458 Italia's dashboard but who gives a damn!

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 15 March 2017 - 12:46 PM Edited by ΣΓ, 15 March 2017 - 07:28 PM.

Yeah. Forza is the GTA of racing games.

Spoiler

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:30 PM

That feel when you have a hard time deciding what car you want to cruise with because there's so many and then you realize you barely have half of the cars that you really want in the game. I love that feeling. :happy: Forza Motorsport 4 is still my favorite selection of cars but this is a close second. Much better than FH2, definitely better than the first Horizon outside of the lack of convertible variants which I admittedly did love (R8 Spyder, 458 Spider, etc).

• ΣΓ likes this

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★☆★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:43 PM

The Miata rear bumper has a modeling mistake. The artist forget to use smoothing modifiers on the faces.  :lol:

sSXNxdo.jpg

ive seen something like that on the F50, i loved the car but couldnt stand looking at it

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:23 PM

ZsP4nwW.jpg

onnWHrA.jpg

I don't think I've driven a smoother car in a game. I made over a million dollars today and spent it on a Wraith and Dawn. I love the Wraith but I ended up liking the Dawn more. Makes me wonder why there aren't more convertibles in this game.

After hooning up and down winding back roads in loud Ferraris it was nice to chill out and waft around in a quiet stylish Rolls with my custom playlist of Washed Out and other chillwave groups playing in the background. The stars on the headliner of the Wraith (yes it does have that, I was amazed) do not compare to looking up at the night sky while cruising around in this yacht.

I was skeptical when they added Rolls to the game. I thought they'd butcher them, make them somehow too loud in the cabin and racey. Nope. They're perfect. I'm not lying when I say these two cars are my favorite in the game. The Bentley doesn't even compare. Not even the Supersports.

• Mattoropael, LokDog and Audi like this

Noale
  • Noale

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:51 AM

ki2jgcv.jpg

F6PRFh3.jpg

• TG_Stig, LokDog, Audi and 1 other like this

Audi
  • Audi

GASTHEFURRIES

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 27 March 2017 - 03:37 AM

Finally got it. Just need a new monitor now to fully enjoy it lol.

32859824873_bbf785d988_c.jpg

• Scaglietti, RussianCommie, Ivan1997GTA and 2 others like this

Noale
  • Noale

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:28 AM

Most of my custom decals and designs have been uploaded if anyone wants to use them. They should come up in search tags for Death Spray Custom, The Great Frog London, Black Skulls, Betsafe, etc. Three versions of the DSC logo are there. As well as some Illuminati and misc stuff if you search my storefront.  :lol:

DSC cube pattern up as well which I used on my S15.

0CTax93.jpg

And my favorite creation, the middle finger emoji.

f53PTav.jpg

• RussianCommie, Audi, Ivan1997GTA and 1 other like this

RussianCommie
  • RussianCommie

Trying to think of a member title but my mind keeps Stalin.

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 28 March 2017 - 12:40 AM

The Blizzard Mountain Expansion is $10 right now, instead of the normal $20, as part of the Deals With Gold.

Mattoropael
  • Mattoropael

Proud Killer of Rate The Car Above You

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 30 March 2017 - 12:52 PM

5siMl37.jpg

Yli7kpI.jpg

5xtUuSa.jpg

VaudCfD.jpg

• ΣΓ, HaRdSTyLe_83, TG_Stig and 3 others like this

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★☆★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:39 PM

hyped... only 1 more day

CkDCrGM.jpg

• ΣΓ, Scaglietti and Audi like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:17 PM

hyped... only 1 more day

CkDCrGM.jpg

Til the Forzathon for it starts? Good, I'm free to play tomorrow.

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★☆★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:21 PM

11h 38 minutes :)

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:02 PM Edited by ΣΓ, 30 March 2017 - 09:03 PM.

What assists do you use (if any) when playing Forza in general?

I play on medium difficulty (hard seems less consistent in FM3) with braking only racing line, traction and stability control on, ABS on, full damage and tire wear, and with automatic transmission. I tried manual with clutch and no traction\stability control but it is a whole other level as you really have to pay attention to what you do in a race. It feels nice to have that level of control but I play games more casually in general.

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Taking a break.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:34 PM Edited by Sir Michael, 30 March 2017 - 09:36 PM.

Manual w/ clutch is really tough at first, it took me a while to get used to it in Horizon 2. As for what assists I use, I'll usually turn most of them off. I only do that so I have a bit more control over my car:

• Difficulty: I'll mostly run Highly Skilled & Expert but I'll go up to Pro and Unbeatable depending on the race.
  • ABS Off
  • Normal Steering
  • Traction Control Off
  • Stability Control Off
  • Manual w/ Clutch
  • Driving Lane Off
  • Damage & Wire Tear: I'll normally be on None and Cosmetic since I freeroam a lot, but I'll activate it every now and then for certain races.
  • Rewind Off

Having the assists off makes driving fully-upgraded RWD cars a pain in the ass. I had to get used to lightly pressing down the right trigger just so my car doesn't spend several seconds burning out.

• ΣΓ and Ivan1997GTA like this

JRC99
  • JRC99

Jackanape

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2017 - 07:11 AM

Gripping the wheel his knuckles went white with desire
The wheels of his Mustang exploding on the highway like a slug from a .45
True Death: 400 Horsepower of maximum performance piercing the night (okay, day, fine, whatever)
This is Black Sunshine

sX5Bxy0.jpg

Gotta love psychedelic 1970s paint schemes. 

CdxvjUy.jpg

• Sir Michael, Audi and Ivan1997GTA like this

TG_Stig
  • TG_Stig

Hustler

• Facade Corporation
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 31 March 2017 - 11:09 AM

33596789562_e45f4b79c4_h.jpg

• Scaglietti, Sir Michael, Audi and 2 others like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:36 PM Edited by Scaglietti, 31 March 2017 - 01:38 PM.

What assists do you use (if any) when playing Forza in general?

I play on medium difficulty (hard seems less consistent in FM3) with braking only racing line, traction and stability control on, ABS on, full damage and tire wear, and with automatic transmission. I tried manual with clutch and no traction\stability control but it is a whole other level as you really have to pay attention to what you do in a race. It feels nice to have that level of control but I play games more casually in general.

It's all custom. For cruising, I always use manual mode, feels like flicking paddle shifters. No damage, traction always on, stability on or off depending on how I feel, and ABS on. Everything else is as "hard" as possible with no line or assisted braking or anything.

When I race it's a different story. Of course I like racing in Forza but I like cruising more. So I just set the drivatars to "above average" and go into auto mode with all assists off to earn back the difficulty bonuses I lost switching into auto mode. And I always have rewind on.

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★☆★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 31 March 2017 - 02:00 PM

unfortunately i never got myself a decent steering wheel and this is the only game (racing) i keep coming back to, so i only play with my keyboard, playing without traction control etc just seems impossible to me. also play in "above average" not affraid to admit it but im not a competitive type of guy :p i get stressed when someone is in my rear view mirror

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 31 March 2017 - 02:02 PM Edited by ΣΓ, 31 March 2017 - 02:04 PM.

I never use rewind. I always restart when I f*ck up hard. It's sort of for the same reason I complete GTA games without dying or getting busted: to get good at the game. Rewinding feels like cheating.

BTW, why would you turn off ABS? Does having it on present any disadvantages or is it a professional racing thing (not sure if they have that on real life racing cars)?

unfortunately i never got myself a decent steering wheel and this is the only game (racing) i keep coming back to, so i only play with my keyboard, playing without traction control etc just seems impossible to me. also play in "above average" not affraid to admit it but im not a competitive type of guy :p i get stressed when someone is in my rear view mirror

Get an Xbox One controller (get the Elite if you can afford it). You won't regret it. It's the best gamepad ever made (probably) and it works excellently in the absence of a steering wheel.
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

Audi
  • Audi

GASTHEFURRIES

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2017 - 06:24 PM

I just use my ps4 controller. Works fine.
  • ΣΓ likes this

Brown Sugar
  • Brown Sugar

Gangsta

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 31 March 2017 - 07:41 PM

I've wanted to get a wheel for quite a while now, not just for forza, but for other driving games like project cars, F1, etc. I play with all assists off except for automatic gears on an xbox controller but it would be much more fun to drive manual with a wheel. Does anybody know any good, cheap wheels that would work on most modern driving games?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users