523 replies to this topic
Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

Melodrama

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 09 March 2016 - 12:44 AM

Forza Horizon 3 was possibly leaked last month, and since we get Horizon game every two years, it seems we'll be getting one this year. Here's the article for the leak:

https://ar12gaming.c...-footage-leaked

If that video is real, it looks like FH3 will be set in Australia. The quality of the video is poor, but the whole thing to me screams "Australian outback". Should be an interesting setting for Horizon. What do you guys think? Discuss.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Fascist, Loofa-faced s**t-gibbon.

• Members
  • Norfolk-Island

Posted 09 March 2016 - 01:47 AM

If they include fully free roam Australia with at least 1-2-3 cities, I'm all in. If that just a desrt and small towns I'll pass.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

You Sir, Do Not Praise The Sun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 March 2016 - 12:44 PM

God I wish Turn 10 would man up and give us a good car pass. Not one that expires four to six months down the road and then try and charge us for more car packs they release after that. I love the series, my favorite car series, but that pass is a joke. Please........just let me give you $50 for a good season pass,(they could throw in the VIP as well with that) one time fee and I'll be happy. If not.....Forza is gonna cost you around $150 when its all said and done for all cars/tracks. Which I'm not even going that route and they will lose another player.

• Empress of Outworld and Ivan1997GTA like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 20 March 2016 - 02:16 PM

I'm going to be blunt. I don't want another overseas location, I want another America or Canada setting. Preferably in the Pacific Northwest and/or Northern California. Not England. Not Japan. Not Spain. No. Just my opinion.

And if they do that, they need to get their act together. Figure out a weather system that isn't repetitious and annoying. Fix the reflections because silver cars look absolutely horrible in Forza Horizon 2 and Motorsport 6, fix cars that were clearly screwed up on like the A45 AMG with it's abnormally slow gearbox and poor exhaust note, and give it a story. Forza Horizon 2 didn't feel like there was a purpose at all. Yes the story in Horizon 1 was chintzy and cheesy. But it was fun and it was better than having no story at all. Oh and, better tracks that can be put on shuffle this time. No boring EDM tracks, no set order that they have to play in either.

• JRC99, Ivan1997GTA and RollingTwinTurbo like this

Maxxi
  • Maxxi

Helmut's European Autos Official Photographer

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2016 - 10:51 PM

Leak is fake.
  • Scaglietti, Android and Devdevi45 like this

Empress of Outworld
  • Empress of Outworld

Hack the Planet

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 March 2016 - 11:49 PM Edited by Empress of Outworld, 20 March 2016 - 11:57 PM.

God I wish Turn 10 would man up and give us a good car pass. Not one that expires four to six months down the road and then try and charge us for more car packs they release after that. I love the series, my favorite car series, but that pass is a joke. Please........just let me give you $50 for a good season pass,(they could throw in the VIP as well with that) one time fee and I'll be happy. If not.....Forza is gonna cost you around $150 when its all said and done for all cars/tracks. Which I'm not even going that route and they will lose another player.

Completely agree with the season pass being rubbish.
I was pretty f*cking upset when they had the F&F car pack released and seen that they were charging for them, even with the season pass. Then the basically the same for every car pack after that.

It's also really annoying that there is an exclusive car pack for buying the 10th year anniversary edition. As much as I love the Horzion series. I'm definitely waiting for a GOTY edition.

Not saying I believe the leak is real but I'm sure we'll get a Horzion 3 someday.
  • Scaglietti, esmittystud101 and Ivan1997GTA like this

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

Melodrama

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2016 - 09:05 AM

I'm going to be blunt. I don't want another overseas location, I want another America or Canada setting. Preferably in the Pacific Northwest and/or Northern California. Not England. Not Japan. Not Spain. No. Just my opinion.

And if they do that, they need to get their act together. Figure out a weather system that isn't repetitious and annoying. Fix the reflections because silver cars look absolutely horrible in Forza Horizon 2 and Motorsport 6, fix cars that were clearly screwed up on like the A45 AMG with it's abnormally slow gearbox and poor exhaust note, and give it a story. Forza Horizon 2 didn't feel like there was a purpose at all. Yes the story in Horizon 1 was chintzy and cheesy. But it was fun and it was better than having no story at all. Oh and, better tracks that can be put on shuffle this time. No boring EDM tracks, no set order that they have to play in either.

What's wrong with Bass Arena? It fits the game perfectly and is more-or-less the main station of Horizon. If you don't like it, listen to a different station.

Leak is fake.

How do you know?

Maxxi
  • Maxxi

• United-States

Posted 21 March 2016 - 05:14 PM

What's wrong with Bass Arena? It fits the game perfectly and is more-or-less the main station of Horizon. If you don't like it, listen to a different station.

Leak is fake.

How do you know?
read the article. They updated it saying it's fake.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 21 March 2016 - 07:05 PM

Leak is fake.

How do you know?
I liked it better in Horizon 1. I don't hate that type of music, just what they selected and that they should pick better choices next time. And what's with people saying "don't like it don't play it" as if that sh*t makes any kind of sense? You don't think I already listen to a different station?
  • RollingTwinTurbo likes this

Android
  • Android

Oreo

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 21 March 2016 - 08:54 PM

Yeah, I thought it was fake from the beginning. It looked odd and fishy when I first saw the video in that article. We can't really expect to see anything until June, but hopefully they officially tease something in April or May, like how they've done it before.

• Scaglietti and Ivan1997GTA like this

Maxxi
  • Maxxi

• United-States

Posted 21 March 2016 - 10:27 PM

Yeah, I thought it was fake from the beginning. It looked odd and fishy when I first saw the video in that article. We can't really expect to see anything until June, but hopefully they officially tease something in April or May, like how they've done it before.

I wouldn't expect it until fall. Considering FM6 Apex just dropped for PC as a small project, the next official release probably won't be until the holidays.

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

Melodrama

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2016 - 10:37 PM

I expect a reveal at E3 and for the game to release in September/October, just like the other games.

• Scaglietti and Android like this

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Meep.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2016 - 11:12 PM Edited by Sir Michael, 21 March 2016 - 11:12 PM.

I'm going to be blunt. I don't want another overseas location, I want another America or Canada setting. Preferably in the Pacific Northwest and/or Northern California.

I can say from living in Washington State, the PNW seems like great location for a game like this. This place is pretty diverse geographically; two mountain ranges (in Western Washington anyway), Western Washington/Oregon's coast, forests, and mountains plus Eastern Washington's plains, gorges and canyons, then there's Seattle and Portland. I haven't played a Forza Horizon before, but this looks like something I can really get into; I spend most of my time in GTA driving a car around San Andreas, so this seems like it fits right up my alley. I always wanted to see the PNW in GTA, but the region would work much better with Horizon instead.

• Scaglietti likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 22 March 2016 - 12:17 AM

I'm going to be blunt. I don't want another overseas location, I want another America or Canada setting. Preferably in the Pacific Northwest and/or Northern California.

I can say from living in Washington State, the PNW seems like great location for a game like this. This place is pretty diverse geographically; two mountain ranges (in Western Washington anyway), Western Washington/Oregon's coast, forests, and mountains plus Eastern Washington's plains, gorges and canyons, then there's Seattle and Portland. I haven't played a Forza Horizon before, but this looks like something I can really get into; I spend most of my time in GTA driving a car around San Andreas, so this seems like it fits right up my alley. I always wanted to see the PNW in GTA, but the region would work much better with Horizon instead.
The Pacific Northwest would work like Colorado in Forza Horizon 1. They're both heavily underused locations in games and they're both incredibly diverse and rugged - great for winding roads. The South of France is too but clearly they goofed in Horizon 2. Like they couldn't have f*cked up any more. But I digress. The PNW is beautiful I know that place like the back of my hand and absolutely love it.

They should do it. And if they did do it, they should combine Oregon with Washington, divided by that beautiful Columbia River and it's magnificent scenic freeway spanning from east to west.

One thing though. Better rain textures, way better reflections and more diverse weather systems are much needed.
  • Sir Michael likes this

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

Melodrama

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2016 - 02:43 AM

That's funny because I've lived in Washington my whole life and I want see an overseas location for FH3. I was thinking Japan, because that would be so cool to have an open world game set there. 

• Mister Pink likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 22 March 2016 - 03:14 AM

That's funny because I've lived in Washington my whole life and I want see an overseas location for FH3.

What's funny about that? If that's what you want then okay.

Landotel
  • Landotel

RED DEAD 3 HYPE TRAIN

• Members
  • Uganda

Posted 22 March 2016 - 05:27 AM

The Pacific Northwest would work like Colorado in Forza Horizon 1. They're both heavily underused locations in games and they're both incredibly diverse and rugged - great for winding roads. The South of France is too but clearly they goofed in Horizon 2. Like they couldn't have f*cked up any more. But I digress. The PNW is beautiful I know that place like the back of my hand and absolutely love it.

They should do it. And if they did do it, they should combine Oregon with Washington, divided by that beautiful Columbia River and it's magnificent scenic freeway spanning from east to west.

One thing though. Better rain textures, way better reflections and more diverse weather systems are much needed.

The Pacific Northwest like Northern California-Oregon and Washington were loosely based in Need For Speed Hot Pursuit in 2010, though I want to see Oregon-Washington coast in the game.

Here's some cool locations

Oregon-Washington Coast (The picture below is Oregon, but you'll get the idea)

NR_OregonCoast_Overview_12855646_ZachSch

Monterey County , CA - A NorCal County, north of San Luis Obispo. I think NFS Hot Pursuit (2010) used this bridge as a location in it. Also Monterey was used in NFS Hot Pursuit 2 (Just a fun fact). It is sorta similar to Oregon-Washington Coast, only that Monterey County has a pretty interesting car scene like in Pebble Beach where golfers also play and Mazda Laguna Seca. This county also has a few nice small cities, yet one big city, maybe bigger than Nice in Forza Horizon 2 (The city I am referring to is Monterey, not the largest, but pretty big, also has 4 other surrounding cities like Del Rey Oaks and it's airport, Seaside, Pacific Grove, & Carmel-by-the-Sea. They can also add in the famous 17 Mile Drive.  

Monterey.jpg

- Japan - The idea is quite possible for next installment, but I'm not a big fan of Japan, I just don't find it interesting

- Thailand - Don't hate me on this, but Thailand has a pretty big car scene

- Hawaii - Actually, this makes sense because Hawaii has an actual car festival like Wekfest Hawaii. It would also be cool to travel from one island to another, also the Hawaii Belt!

- Palm Springs-Palm Desert Region - You might be like "Ugh another desert location? That's pretty stupid." However, places like Coachella Music Festival in Coachella, CA fits in well with Forza Horizon series. Also, Palm Springs was in Top Gear (useless, but I've actually stayed in the same hotel they stayed in when they crossed the Salton Sea area). Palm Springs of fictitious version could held a car festival there and Coachella can too, cities around it have their own kind of Horizon festival

- Skyline Drive Region - This place is really beautiful, just full of meadows in the East Coast. Skyline Drive is located somewhere around Virginia.

Ivan1997GTA
  • Ivan1997GTA

Proud to Be Loud

• Facade Corporation
  • Russia

Posted 22 March 2016 - 05:30 AM

They better make sure FH3 is also released for PC, with the ports of the first 2 games included as a bonus. I think it could make the PC version more expensive than the Xbox One version.

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

Melodrama

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2016 - 05:43 AM

That's funny because I've lived in Washington my whole life and I want see an overseas location for FH3.

What's funny about that? If that's what you want then okay.

It mainly stems from the fact that I haven't been further from home than exotic South Dakota and I desperately want to travel the world, but I can't afford it (yet). I just see people talking about wanting FH3 in the Pacific Northwest, my home, and I'm like "nah" because I've been here the whole time.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 22 March 2016 - 11:34 AM

Well to me, it's like a wetter and slightly more interesting Colorado so I'd like it.

About Hawaii. I'd love that but TDU kind of already did it, although rather poorly. But I would kill for a Hawaii setting.

nath22
  • nath22

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 March 2016 - 10:08 PM

give it a story. Forza Horizon 2 didn't feel like there was a purpose at all. Yes the story in Horizon 1 was chintzy and cheesy. But it was fun and it was better than having no story at all.

I didn't mind the story for Horizon, I liked that it barely had one because it suited this game if anything, t's a tour around their creation of Europe and not to be taken too seriously.  I don't want any racing game to resemble anything like the cheese NFS gave us last year.

I trust wherever they decide to take the game they'll make it work, I'd rather they avoid America but I'll still be on it if it is.

JZFB
  • JZFB

I'm the James Bardolph of GTAF smd

• Feroci
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:33 AM

Agreed. Story-lite as Horizon 2 was is perfectly fine. I think the format could stand to be improved a bit though as opposed to the complete 3 lots of 4 race "championships" before returning to the hub, then rinse repeat.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 25 March 2016 - 02:13 PM

Well I'd honestly like for there to feel like there's more of a point. Just something a tad bit different because rinsing and repeating the same formula is going to get old after a while.

Landotel
  • Landotel

RED DEAD 3 HYPE TRAIN

• Members
  • Uganda

Posted 25 March 2016 - 10:47 PM

Forza Horizon 2 was honestly repetitive compared to the first one. What they need to do is add more different kind of events, such as drag racing, pink slip, drifting, etc. This makes the game last longer and not so repetitive. 

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Maxxi
  • Maxxi

• United-States

Posted 26 March 2016 - 04:42 PM

Forza Horizon 2 was honestly repetitive compared to the first one. What they need to do is add more different kind of events, such as drag racing, pink slip, drifting, etc. This makes the game last longer and not so repetitive. 

as much as I would love pink slips their new system of DLC cars being free on first buy would conflict with that because you could essentially give someone a free car fully tuned, or a car they don't have the license to even use that sits there collecting dust.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 27 March 2016 - 11:38 PM Edited by Scaglietti, 27 March 2016 - 11:39 PM.

It was very repetitive. I did enjoy all of the racing and events in the first game more. All I ever want to do in FH2 is just drive around. Wish they'd focus on variety in FH3. Bring back convertible variants, more weather and don't shove rain down our throats, allow the music to be shuffled.

Don't get me wrong, FH2 was a nice game with great visuals and all of that. But it was also one of those games that sucked me in, got me addicted and then slowly drew me away. Everything got repetitive over time and I can barely play the game without feeling like I've been there and done that already.

as much as I would love pink slips their new system of DLC cars being free on first buy would conflict with that because...

And there's a simple solution for that. Get rid of the system. I never liked it to begin with. I understand that you're paying real money for these cars but the novelty tends to wear off much quicker - at least to me - when you can pick them up for free. I'd rather work for them the same way I do any other car. Overall, I'd like it to be harder to earn cash or to be given/obtain free cars. It's way too easy and that too contributes to the repetitious feel. Just my opinion.

• Landotel and Ivan1997GTA like this

Landotel
  • Landotel

RED DEAD 3 HYPE TRAIN

• Members
  • Uganda

Posted 28 March 2016 - 12:09 AM

It was very repetitive. I did enjoy all of the racing and events in the first game more. All I ever want to do in FH2 is just drive around. Wish they'd focus on variety in FH3. Bring back convertible variants, more weather and don't shove rain down our throats, allow the music to be shuffled.

Don't get me wrong, FH2 was a nice game with great visuals and all of that. But it was also one of those games that sucked me in, got me addicted and then slowly drew me away. Everything got repetitive over time and I can barely play the game without feeling like I've been there and done that already.

Agreed, variety of game modes and variety of maps with variety of cars. Those are the main 3 things FH3 should be focused on. I wish it was 3 different maps, Japan, California-Oregon, & maybe somewhere in Scandivania. Personally diversity in racing games is important. Also a small story like in FH1 would be nice to give more content to the players.
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

Melodrama

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2016 - 11:03 AM

I would like to see some sort of story in FH3. The story of the first game was rather flimsy but it got you motivated to complete it. It felt great climbing up the latter in the first game. FH2 has no story and got repetitive as a result. Plus, it would give the DJs something to comment on rather than just the weather. God knows how sick I am of them telling me the obvious.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Ivan1997GTA
  • Ivan1997GTA

Proud to Be Loud

• Facade Corporation
  • Russia

Posted 31 March 2016 - 06:30 PM

Something a bit off-topic, but Microsoft announced that all future Forza installments will be made for both Xbox One & PC. All I can say is "Thank you!" and "It's about time!".

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Fascist, Loofa-faced s**t-gibbon.

• Members
  • Norfolk-Island

Posted 31 March 2016 - 07:30 PM

Well they were talking about Forza Motorsport from Turn 10. Hope Horizon comes as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users