- - - - -

mafia 1 map

19 replies to this topic
Alber2gt
  • Alber2gt

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2016 - 05:41 PM Edited by Alber2gt, 08 March 2016 - 09:49 AM.

Hi.I wanted to share with us mafia the city lost heaven map.These is the default map from Mafia game ripped from the PC version of the game.There is in 3ds max format.

The maps are in low poly quality due but nevermind in game looking not so bad.....as I test.

Textures are original small 256X.....  but at the request of workers I can ripp it with 1024 textures.......one question remains..will do your computer process it,????

Screenshots

Link Updated (08/03/16):https://www.dropbox....Ae7hkaR5Qa?dl=0- 92.4 MB Compressed, 290 MB Uncompressed (some problems are fixed)

Mafia Hidr map:https://www.dropbox....a_hidr.rar?dl=0- 489 mb compressed ,1.46 GB Uncompressed

Make shure textures are not maked by me,before use it read the "texture readme"- The main rule If u want use this texture mod in other mods include in the description the authors

• Frank.s, R4gN0r0K, Tomasak and 10 others like this

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Rockin' this place since 2009

• Feroci
  • Croatia
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]
    Modding Milestone [IVSA/Ped Paths]

Posted 06 March 2016 - 06:37 PM

Very nice, i like it

TheVladonPro
  • TheVladonPro

GTA ViSA Developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 06 March 2016 - 06:51 PM

Here still map from Mafia 2... But whether really to make it?

DamnedDev
  • DamnedDev

Gaming That Damned

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2016 - 07:06 PM

I will convert it and put in IV should be too bad. But what you mean about 1024 textures? I can handle it. I won't have time to fix roofs and other stuff but this is a map that I've been wanting in GTA for a while.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY Contribution]
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition][Contribution]

Posted 06 March 2016 - 07:22 PM

Does a game from 2001 even have 1024 textures?

• ArthurLopes likes this

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

R.I.P.ingPang

• Feroci
  • None
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice] [Contribution]

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:12 PM

I think he means he has/can make/can find someone to make 1024 remasters of the original 256 versions.

Great that you uploaded this Alber2gt :)

Alber2gt
  • Alber2gt

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:13 PM Edited by Alber2gt, 06 March 2016 - 08:20 PM.

If u want u can find programs by Tosik ,research how to use....but making this map its a long monotone work ,u need to compone all models of area how pazles ,looking at this moment at lod model,than u need to texture every model,but to surprise every area town has no more 8 textures...

Does a game from 2001 even have 1024 tex

this textures are maked by fans in high level(best textures),the permission is asked.but some restrictions stay for it will be held accountable, those who will download this map :pp

EDIT:I need to say that isnt all map:it has big country with airport and 16 mission builds full detailed with interiors=16 interiors including interior of airport

• Jestic likes this

DamnedDev
  • DamnedDev

Gaming That Damned

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:31 PM

If u want u can find programs by Tosik ,research how to use....but making this map its a long monotone work ,u need to compone all models of area how pazles ,looking at this moment at lod model,than u need to texture every model,but to surprise every area town has no more 8 textures...

Does a game from 2001 even have 1024 tex

this textures are maked by fans in high level(best textures),the permission is asked.but some restrictions stay for it will be held accountable, those who will download this map :pp
EDIT:I need to say that isnt all map:it has big country with airport and 16 mission builds full detailed with interiors=16 interiors including interior of airport
Upload all of it fastman92's limit adjuster will fit entire map.

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
    Contribution Award [Concepts]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 06 March 2016 - 09:47 PM Edited by ClaudX, 06 March 2016 - 10:19 PM.

It will be great to explore this map without the movement restrictions of Mafia.

Edit: I have most of the weapons converted, but I wish I were able to convert Tommy and the rest of the gang to GTA. The character models don't like to work with Zmodeler, and I haven't found an alternative modeling program that can open Mafia 1 files.

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

• Feroci
  • Croatia
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]

Posted 07 March 2016 - 12:45 AM Edited by GTARandom, 07 March 2016 - 12:56 AM.

I tried to open the scene in 3ds max 2015, on that version textures appear fine in material editor despite duplicate id's, the problem is that the map is not visible, i tried to unhide, unfreeze and nothing popped up in the viewport, then later i tried to open it in 2012 version, there the models appear but not textured, and the assignments in material editor are all not linking any texture and are all transparent spheres...

Do you know why that is? (map renders fine when i render it)

Ps. i'm also wondering how was the map ripped, using 3d ripper or ninja ripper or some other method? Please explain!

Alber2gt
  • Alber2gt

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 March 2016 - 01:37 PM Edited by Alber2gt, 07 March 2016 - 01:39 PM.

I tried to open the scene in 3ds max 2015, on that version textures appear fine in material editor despite duplicate id's, the problem is that the map is not visible, i tried to unhide, unfreeze and nothing popped up in the viewport, then later i tried to open it in 2012 version, there the models appear but not textured, and the assignments in material editor are all not linking any texture and are all transparent spheres...

Ps. i'm also wondering how was the map ripped, using 3d ripper or ninja ripper or some other method? Please explain!

default mafia materials,will open gims>convert materials

Edit:mafia with hidr text. posted:https://www.dropbox....a_hidr.rar?dl=0

anybody can make screens from max?

• Jestic likes this

TheVladonPro
  • TheVladonPro

GTA ViSA Developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 07 March 2016 - 03:10 PM

I have tried to convert partially to GTA SA, and it has turned out here...

d1136928659a0b9196d0e2ea2c6a3bd4.png9540d4b5a5f7ad1460179f885f4f0738.png

5f51ce05f5f83c87906f8b797847c4c0.png

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

• Feroci
  • Croatia
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]

Posted 07 March 2016 - 08:15 PM Edited by GTARandom, 07 March 2016 - 08:16 PM.

default mafia materials,will open gims>convert materials

I tried that and there was an error in 2015 version, in 2012 there were no textures so no point in converting it to fail

Anyways, i asked how did you rip the map?  That's what i'm interested in

• Frank.s likes this

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

R.I.P.ingPang

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 13 March 2016 - 09:36 PM Edited by Frank.s, 13 March 2016 - 09:42 PM.

Seeing as Alber2 didn't explain his method: here is my method that i created to import the map my self, it seems to work perfect with the exception of the fact that instanced objects like trashcans, streetlights, fire hydrants, etc are all unique but that can be fixed manually. I don't know if it's %100 same as albers but i guess it's pretty close because it looks like he used 3DRipper as the texture names are all memory addresses which is something 3DRipper does.

1) Install Mafia (duh :) )
2) Download and run Mafia World Editor, i used the current latest version 0.4 Download it here
3) Download and run 3DRipperDX, i used v1.8 because that was the one on my pc, dunno how new it is.
4) Use 3DRipperDX to run the Mafia World Editors 'Editor.exe' and load a mission from the dropdown menu, 'missions\freeride' is the whole city (with the exception of specific interiors and a couple places like the tutorial location as Alber mentioned i think)
5) Once the map has loaded 3dripper will start dumping some of the textures straight away so may slow down the program a bit, to load all objects in the scene so the ripper can rip them properly set the Camera Far distance in the Settings tab on the right side to 99999 and its important do not move the camera to pan around the scene if you want to rip the map with the rotations correct and not f*cked
6) There are XYZ coordinates boxes in the center of the main window, just below the 3d view, set them to 0, 0, -9000, as Mafia seems to use a Y-up axis then this will move the camera all the way to the side so every object renders (the tool seems to do some culling so the whole map wont rip unless it's visible/rendered in the 3d view so putting the camera all the way away solves this because nothing gets culled. Setting the camera to this coordinate will freeze the program for a little while because 3DRipper is now ripping every texture, for example freeroam uses 1133 textures.
7) Wait for it to rip all the textures, you'll know it's done when the textures folder you defined in 3DRipper before running the world tool will be full and won't start adding more textures.
8) Rip! (f12 i think), this will rip the 3d mesh
9) Import the .3dr file using 3drippers 3dsmax plugin, use the "recommended values" dropdown menu so the map isn't streched.

Boom. Done. :)

I may use this method to help John (GamingDamned) with his GTAIV version of Mafia map, he doesn't know how to rip the map himself (and i doubt he would get the hang of this tutorial) so i might just rip the special interiors and send him the .max and textures of them.
  • lpgunit, turbocharger and Jacobic_☢ like this

DamnedDev
  • DamnedDev

Gaming That Damned

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2016 - 11:06 PM

Seeing as Alber2 didn't explain his method: here is my method that i created to import the map my self, it seems to work perfect with the exception of the fact that instanced objects like trashcans, streetlights, fire hydrants, etc are all unique but that can be fixed manually. I don't know if it's %100 same as albers but i guess it's pretty close because it looks like he used 3DRipper as the texture names are all memory addresses which is something 3DRipper does.

1) Install Mafia (duh :) )
2) Download and run Mafia World Editor, i used the current latest version 0.4 Download it here
3) Download and run 3DRipperDX, i used v1.8 because that was the one on my pc, dunno how new it is.
4) Use 3DRipperDX to run the Mafia World Editors 'Editor.exe' and load a mission from the dropdown menu, 'missions\freeride' is the whole city (with the exception of specific interiors and a couple places like the tutorial location as Alber mentioned i think)
5) Once the map has loaded 3dripper will start dumping some of the textures straight away so may slow down the program a bit, to load all objects in the scene so the ripper can rip them properly set the Camera Far distance in the Settings tab on the right side to 99999 and its important do not move the camera to pan around the scene if you want to rip the map with the rotations correct and not f*cked
6) There are XYZ coordinates boxes in the center of the main window, just below the 3d view, set them to 0, 0, -9000, as Mafia seems to use a Y-up axis then this will move the camera all the way to the side so every object renders (the tool seems to do some culling so the whole map wont rip unless it's visible/rendered in the 3d view so putting the camera all the way away solves this because nothing gets culled. Setting the camera to this coordinate will freeze the program for a little while because 3DRipper is now ripping every texture, for example freeroam uses 1133 textures.
7) Wait for it to rip all the textures, you'll know it's done when the textures folder you defined in 3DRipper before running the world tool will be full and won't start adding more textures.
8) Rip! (f12 i think), this will rip the 3d mesh
9) Import the .3dr file using 3drippers 3dsmax plugin, use the "recommended values" dropdown menu so the map isn't streched.

Boom. Done. :)

I may use this method to help John (GamingDamned) with his GTAIV version of Mafia map, he doesn't know how to rip the map himself (and i doubt he would get the hang of this tutorial) so i might just rip the special interiors and send him the .max and textures of them.

Well if this way is the cleanest none f*cked up rip then sure send me it. Me and Fillip working on the port.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY Contribution]
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition][Contribution]

Posted 13 March 2016 - 11:19 PM

He did use 3d ripper dx, the lexture paths reference that folder.

• ArthurLopes likes this

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 14 March 2016 - 08:27 AM

Though regardless of the method used you all have to deal with the missing rooftops and other such gaps. The rooftop scene used in The Whore and The Priest chapters might help to an extent though.

Jacobic_☢
  • Jacobic_☢

Still an Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Jacobic_☢, 3 weeks ago.

Greetings, users who still follow this topic! Im actually not here to bump this topic but I need your attention for the future of this mod.

I also started to port Empire Bay from Mafia 2 to IV. For now I need some details about the development here since I want to clean the dust out this topic.

Join the discord server to discuss about the plans: Click here

Thanks for landing here again!

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Facade
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 3 weeks ago

Make your own topic you buttery boy.

Jacobic_☢
  • Jacobic_☢

Still an Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 3 weeks ago

Make your own topic you buttery boy.

nah, that would be locked and smeared like butter.

There is also a problem by the rules that I cant show or release any assets from games except R*, released after 2005.

But there is a concluson by seeing the advantage from the publisher of the game or assets...

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users