Photo

PSX/PC Version Differences

4 replies to this topic
SkyEye MCCIX
  • SkyEye MCCIX

Aviator, GTA Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2016 - 10:53 AM Edited by SkyEye MCCIX, 28 April 2016 - 12:24 AM.

I'm actually quite surprised nobody did this yet. I played the crap out of GTA 1 on PlayStation, and now I have it working on PC. Differences below;

The PS1 version has blurrier cars, and overall blurry textures,

-No parked vehicles in Liberty City (except for the vehicle side-missions)

-No trains (I sat there waiting for a WHOLE F#CKIN' HOUR waiting for a single train. None.)

-No Firetrucks, except for that one El Burro mission where you collect cars for him; there will be a rare chance of one spawning in traffic during the mission.

-All weapons/power-ups make the same sound when collected, the "Extra Life" collect sound.

-All sounds are lower-pitched and with reverberation, sounding a bit more realistic.    <<<(this was just because of how my PS2 speakers were set up, it ain't true)

-The LC Porka Turbo, SA Penetrator, and Classic have different horns in the PS version, which sound very "clicky", almost like a truck horn.

• Tomasak, PhillBellic, Jeansowaty and 2 others like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 09 March 2016 - 10:04 AM

-No trains (I sat there waiting for a WHOLE F#CKIN' HOUR waiting for a single train. None.)

I must admit I did this as well. :blush:

RogerWho
  • RogerWho

"Life is... weird."

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 22 April 2016 - 10:08 PM

What kind of controls do these games have on PSX? I grabbed GTA and GTA2 for PC on ebay to relive some early GTA memories but now I find them unplayable due to the control system where if you move down the screen and want to turn left, you have to press right etc. Christ, games before Quake sure sucked balls in terms of controls.

Do the PS1 versions handle the same or are the directions of movement absolute?

I checked the control scheme on gamefaqs etc. but I'm still confused.

SkyEye MCCIX
  • SkyEye MCCIX

Aviator, GTA Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2016 - 04:11 AM

What kind of controls do these games have on PSX? I grabbed GTA and GTA2 for PC on ebay to relive some early GTA memories but now I find them unplayable due to the control system where if you move down the screen and want to turn left, you have to press right etc. Christ, games before Quake sure sucked balls in terms of controls.

Do the PS1 versions handle the same or are the directions of movement absolute?

I checked the control scheme on gamefaqs etc. but I'm still confused.

It's the same as the PC version; X button to walk/accelerate, triangle to reverse/walk backwasrds, and the left and right buttons to rotate left and right.

I hated it, but you get used to it eventually. They finaly fixed the top-down view controls in GTA III with proper "Press left to go left" controls, but by then, top-down view was obsolete.

RogerWho
  • RogerWho

"Life is... weird."

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 24 April 2016 - 02:49 PM

Thanks. Might as well stick to the PC stuff I have then.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users