2,013 replies to this topic
Thundersmacker
  • Thundersmacker

Road Warrior

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2016

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:44 PM

Here are some in game pics of the Infernus.

kKrSdLB.jpg

And if you were curious about what the Infernus would look like with VT 6.0 style fixed lights, here is a quick little mock up I did in ZM.

TEaxpjD.jpg

Not too bad eh?

• B Dawg, JoeVK, Claude_Lib and 24 others like this

Nico
  • Nico

Amused to death

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:46 PM

I can see two things: colorable interior (I think so?) and some workaround with extras on the side intakes. Great!

Thundersmacker
  • Thundersmacker

Road Warrior

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2016

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:49 PM Edited by Thundersmacker, 18 April 2017 - 07:50 PM.

Unfortunately it will not have a colorable interior, instead I will include optional textures which will be different colors. (white, red, black, tan, and yellow)

Nico
  • Nico

Amused to death

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:51 PM

Ah, ok then. I guess it will be sorta like configuring your car before you buy it. Still good, though.
  • R3W1ND and Thundersmacker like this

Android
  • Android

• Facade
  • None
  • Snap Battle Season 3 Winner [X360]
    The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:52 PM

I think the Infernus Classic looks great and more unique with fixed style headlights.. might be an unpopular opinion but I will enjoy the model either way.

• Thundersmacker likes this

Jinx.
  • Jinx.

certified forklift driver

• Facade
  • Romania
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:03 PM

God's work.

unbid
  • unbid

Sgt. Pooper Lonely Farts Club

• Zaibatsu
  • Indonesia

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:55 AM

Love the Infernus Classic, but idk why I'd rather have a permanent pop-up headlight rather than using the VT 6.0 headlights.

Thundersmacker
  • Thundersmacker

Road Warrior

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2016

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:24 PM

Love the Infernus Classic, but idk why I'd rather have a permanent pop-up headlight rather than using the VT 6.0 headlights.

Don't worry, I'm doing three different variants of the non EPM version. There will be one with the pop-up lights down and with the bottom bumper lights as the lights. Then there will be the VT 6.0 variant with the fixed open lights. And finally one with the pop-up lights up permanently, like the Tropos.

I understand people have different tastes about this car so that's why I'm doing all of these options. ;)

• Claude_Lib, Jinx., unbid and 5 others like this

Nico
  • Nico

Amused to death

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:32 PM

Holy sh*t, that's like four different variants of one single car. Now that's dedication.

I'll surely pick the EPM'd one, but the VT styled variant also looks neat. Would like to see it ingame.
  • Android and Thundersmacker like this

Thundersmacker
  • Thundersmacker

Road Warrior

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2016

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:08 PM

Hey I got a question for the GTA V players who have the Infernus. How does the engine cover open with the louver extra on? Do the louvers go with the cover when it opens or does it clip through like in my picture? Or does having the louver disable the ability to open the engine cover?

VheTqPa.jpg

• someguyfromlc and Zultar like this

MGgames100
  • MGgames100

MG, not MC...

• Members
  • Poland
  • Best Concept 2016 [Tuner DLC]
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Photoshop Winner
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:21 PM Edited by APCgames100, 19 April 2017 - 06:24 PM.

The cover disappears​ when you put louvers on leaving engine bay exposed.

You can kinda see it here:
7p9k0Vd.jpg
  • R3W1ND and Thundersmacker like this

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

Talkative like never before

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:57 PM Edited by Claude_Lib, 19 April 2017 - 07:01 PM.

Yup, can confirm this. An excerpt from the carcols.meta:

Spoiler

Whenever any of the louver options are installed, the engine cover disappears. Actually, the first one does exactly that, it just removes the cover, nothing more.

Thundersmacker
  • Thundersmacker

Road Warrior

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2016

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:40 PM

Okay thanks guys, I think I got it figured out.

• CRAZY AL WARD and Zultar like this

JoeVK
  • JoeVK

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:45 PM

You know, making the interior colorable isn't very difficult. I did it on my Voodoo SS. If you look at my Voodoo's textures, you'll see what I did for the textures. Basically the interior was de-saturated and the details removed and put in their own texture with an alpha channel. The details were then put in a badges material, which was assigned to copies of the original interior and door meshes with all unnecessary faces deleted. I didn't have to UV map anything. I actually spent more time in PS modifying the textures than I did in Zmod making it all work.

Gamerjman19
  • Gamerjman19

YOU F*CKED WITH THE WRONG VCR REPAIRMAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:59 AM Edited by Gamerjman19, 20 April 2017 - 02:00 AM.

I can't get into the Infernus Classic. It takes the shape of a Diablo and replaces the good aspects of it with a Ferrari. I'd probably like the Turismo Classic, but your version of it looks so much better.

Thundersmacker
  • Thundersmacker

Road Warrior

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2016

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:08 PM Edited by Thundersmacker, 20 April 2017 - 08:11 PM.

Well everyone, I have some great news regarding the Infernus.

ht79tsK.jpg

Colorable interior!

After doing some thinking I figured out the best way to get a color-able interior. The process is a bit like what JoeVK did with his Voodoo. Except instead of cutting out the areas I didn't want colored, I did the opposite and removed the parts I wanted colored. I'm using the livery paint type, with the parts I don't want colored as the "livery" and the default texture with the white parts as the actual paint texture. I didn't have to add anything or modify the mesh, so the file size hasn't changed at all. Pretty nice eh?

• JoeVK, Claude_Lib, Silent and 17 others like this

someguyfromlc
  • someguyfromlc

I like peanut butter.

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:53 PM

Well everyone, I have some great news regarding the Infernus.

ht79tsK.jpg

Colorable interior!

After doing some thinking I figured out the best way to get a color-able interior. The process is a bit like what JoeVK did with his Voodoo. Except instead of cutting out the areas I didn't want colored, I did the opposite and removed the parts I wanted colored. I'm using the livery paint type, with the parts I don't want colored as the "livery" and the default texture with the white parts as the actual paint texture. I didn't have to add anything or modify the mesh, so the file size hasn't changed at all. Pretty nice eh?

Very nice indeed.

JoeVK
  • JoeVK

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:42 AM

Livery on the interior...never thought of that, it's brilliant!

Thundersmacker
  • Thundersmacker

Road Warrior

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2016

Posted 22 April 2017 - 11:06 PM

Infernus is up!

Wl4mLpl.jpg

DOWNLOAD

• B Dawg, JoeVK, Claude_Lib and 26 others like this

Spartan_112
  • Spartan_112

Angry Ruski

• Members
  • Russia
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground]

Posted 23 April 2017 - 04:55 PM

Great job, comrade! Looks damn pretty!

unbid
  • unbid

Sgt. Pooper Lonely Farts Club

• Zaibatsu
  • Indonesia

Posted 23 April 2017 - 06:21 PM

Infernus is up!

Wl4mLpl.jpg

DOWNLOAD

Man, if my IV copy isn't acting out again, I'd be drooling at the beauty in-game and taking screenshots right now.

Still, good job on the Infernus Classic.

Zultar
  • Zultar

i miss my PS3 </3

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:28 PM Edited by Zultar, 23 April 2017 - 07:29 PM.

So Hyped to test drive the  infernus in GTA 4 

G.C.T.
  • G.C.T.

-------

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:50 PM

I tested the Infernus Classic and the upgraded Cheetah, they are amazing sports cars from the 90s. I liked the idea of the interior paintable, I did a similar thing on Willard using the interior texture of Virgo Custom but it did not look good. Good job!

• CRAZY AL WARD, Thundersmacker and Zultar like this

Thundersmacker
  • Thundersmacker

Road Warrior

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2016

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:20 PM Edited by Thundersmacker, 27 April 2017 - 10:21 PM.

Unfortunately, there won't be any new mods for awhile. But there is something mod related I will be doing over the next month.

lcmw51W.jpg

UPDATES!

That's right, a ton of updates for existing mods will be coming soon. Most of the early GTA V converts have been re-done with the better methods I've learned. This means that most normal bugs and texturing errors have been corrected. There are also changes to some modifications I did to the converts. Like new wheels for the Progen, front indicators for the Virgo (Esperanto Classic edit), and Crusader soft-top for the Mesa.

And it's not just the conversions that are getting attention. The Ensenada, Turismo Classic, Coyote, Premier Classic, and Yosemite are also getting much needed updates.

I will post some more details next week as to exactly what vehicles will updated and what the changes will be.

• B Dawg, Claude_Lib, Bondergomme and 19 others like this

Nico
  • Nico

Amused to death

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:42 PM Edited by Nico, 27 April 2017 - 10:44 PM.

Monroe with two colors? EPM'd Progen? New Tropos? Maybe a Cheetah with a gearstick and updated logos?

SHUT UT AND TAKE MY MONEY!
  • Thundersmacker and Zultar like this

JoeVK
  • JoeVK

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2017 - 12:06 AM

Boy those dually flares look familiar. :p

Speaking of the Yosemite (and the Rancher too, for that matter), the taillights have always annoyed me. They're more on the sides of the body than the rear. The tailgate should go all the way to the inner edges of the bed sides, and the taillights all the way around to the same point. They should be shorter vertically than they are as well, but that might make it look too much like an old Squarebody Chevy.

Anyways, looking forward to the updates! Are those new wheels I see on the Mesa?

Nico
  • Nico

Amused to death

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 28 April 2017 - 12:14 AM

Maybe you could also remake your old, non-dually Yosemite. If there's a dually version, there should be a regular one as well. I think you gave the files to somebody to convert them for V.

Thundersmacker
  • Thundersmacker

Road Warrior

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2016

Posted 28 April 2017 - 12:18 PM

Monroe with two colors? EPM'd Progen? New Tropos? Maybe a Cheetah with a gearstick and updated logos?

Yes to only the Monroe, The Progen still does not have EPM and the Tropos pic is just to show that it now has proper mirror reflections. But seriously, did I forget that stupid gear stick again in the updated Cheetah? Oh well, I won't forget it when I do the final update for it.

Maybe you could also remake your old, non-dually Yosemite. If there's a dually version, there should be a regular one as well. I think you gave the files to somebody to convert them for V.

Actually the models I sent to eljamon88 was just the Dually and the Ranger Police SUV. I believe he merged the two together to make the non-dually. But doing a actual proper update for the Yosemite non-dually was something I never considered, due to the fact that I just use the Dually version. But I'll keep it in mind, I may also bring the SUV version back as well seeing how I have the Ranger.

• Zultar likes this

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful Modding 2016 [Runner-up]
    Best Vehicle 2016 [IVPack]
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 28 April 2017 - 12:23 PM

When I was browsing in GTA Online subforum (yes, it's crappy), I've found a topic with GTA vehicles concepts and I saw this beauty:

hUBWKCUh.jpg

What do you think about mixing a race car with Schafter's front as you did with Testarossa heavily modified to Cheetah? 

• Matt_STS, Silent, Nico and 10 others like this

Thundersmacker
  • Thundersmacker

Road Warrior

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2016

Posted 28 April 2017 - 12:31 PM Edited by Thundersmacker, 28 April 2017 - 12:32 PM.

Oh yeah, I did see that drawing a little while back. It definitely would be cool to have, but it would be a lot of work to make it. I suppose I could take an actual CLK GTR model and put Schafter parts on it. I'll consider it for something later on down the road.

• Matt_STS, Silent, Voit Turyv and 4 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users