Posted 22 October 2016 - 06:41 AM

it would be cool if we had too up & down speeds. for example

Q --> UP_DOWN_MOVEMENT=0.1

Shift + Q --> UP_DOWN_MOVEMENT=0.01

iriedreadlock23
  • iriedreadlock23

Dr. Frankenstein

• Members

Posted 28 December 2016 - 12:12 AM Edited by iriedreadlock23, 28 December 2016 - 12:40 AM.

Thanks for suggestions. I will make sure to have bunch of stuff in upcoming updates, specially to allow more precision while moving objects. I'm currently updating interior placement code. In next update it will be possible to place/remove interior models in-game, and export object placements to custom interior IDE files, with all the correct rooms, quaternion rotation and other stuff.

jpm1, for moving objects slowly up/down or other directions, try this

MOUSE_SPEED=0.05
UP_DOWN_MOVEMENT=0.01
  • jpm1 and Mega like this

iriedreadlock23
  • iriedreadlock23

Dr. Frankenstein

• Members

Posted 18 January 2017 - 05:31 PM

In case anyone missed the previous In-game WPL editor update 0.45, check it out. It's now possible to edit game interiors as well, and export anything you edited back to IDE. New update 0.50 is coming soon, with many new features, new GUI, menus (load/save, list objects, rooms, portals, etc), easier placement tools, and stability of scripts improved significantly.

What can you do in current version?

* Load interior data on the fly from any IDE file

* Move, add, or completely remove objects

* Change timecycle for each room

* Assign objects to portals

* Export everything back to IDE

thumb_67387.jpg

Download link for IWE v 0.45

http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=27802

Make sure to follow included instructions for more details

• jpm1, fastman92 and Mega like this

walern31
  • walern31

Square Civilian

• Members
  • France

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:52 PM

Hello
Good job
Tutorial installation possible ?
Thank you

t40p1k
  • t40p1k

Player Hater

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 31 March 2017 - 06:17 AM

Great tool but the video tutorial are hard to follow.
I hope the Gui, and everything will be much simpler to use in the future release.

iriedreadlock23
  • iriedreadlock23

Dr. Frankenstein

• Members

Posted 07 April 2017 - 09:43 PM

Sorry for not replying earlier. I've been busy with work, and some other mods. Feel free to write any suggestions for potential improvements of the script. I will will do my best to implement all good suggestions regarding GUI, installation, commands, camera, and any other features.

New version is almost ready for some time, so i might add some of your suggestions to next release.

An automated installation is also a possibility.

• jpm1 and Mega like this

T-ru
  • T-ru

kamikadze

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 16 April 2017 - 07:04 PM

Great Job!!!

I have a question, can i edit the draw distance of the objects, especially of the trees? 

iriedreadlock23
  • iriedreadlock23

Dr. Frankenstein

• Members

Posted 17 April 2017 - 12:26 PM Edited by iriedreadlock23, 17 April 2017 - 12:27 PM.

Thanks

Great Job!!!

I have a question, can i edit the draw distance of the objects, especially of the trees? 

Thank you. Draw distance for objects is set in IDE files. If you want to change settings for trees for example, open and edit \pc\data\maps\props\vegetation\ext_veg.ide. At the moment, it's not possible to change individual draw distances for objects within the game.

T-ru
  • T-ru

kamikadze

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:18 AM

Thank you. Draw distance for objects is set in IDE files. If you want to change settings for trees for example, open and edit \pc\data\maps\props\vegetation\ext_veg.ide. At the moment, it's not possible to change individual draw distances for objects within the game.

Great, Thanks!

Can you tell me which of these numbers can do that, for example, AG_TREE02:

AG_TREE02, agnew_tree_aut, 299, 12582944, 31, -6.40676, -6.85401, -1.06067e-008, 6.50832, 6.64141, 12.714, 0.0507803, -0.106299, 6.35699, 11.2979, null

I guess it's 299 or 31!?

iriedreadlock23
  • iriedreadlock23

Dr. Frankenstein

• Members

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:40 PM

ModelName, TextureName, DrawDistance, Flag1, Flag2, (Bounds min)X,Y,Z, (Bounds max)X,Y,Z, (Bounds Sphere)X, Y, Z, Radius, WDD

Yes, draw distance is third parameter in IDE files.

MihailJunkovich
  • MihailJunkovich

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

BUMP! haha

I really hope that you will continue developing this tool. Here are some ideas/suggestions/critiques that I thought off while using the tool

Currently using version 0.3.6 as it is latest stable one. The things I will list down are relevant to the version 0.4.5 as well as I think there were no differences for it.

--------------------------

1. Sometimes, the position of an object is reset after you export the .ipl and update gta.dat over the console. While you are just loading the placement files, there are no any problems and everything works perfectly. But the moment you update the gta.dat some of the objects get their Z rotation reset while the x,y position remains the same. The was a specific problem I have encountered while building ramps for jumping. Each time several ramps would get reset and render the whole construction useless.

From the looking of it, it seems that the reason behind this is some sort of bugged decimal number which tool itself generates. Like, I would rotate the object as I would usually and the tool would all of sudden generate an odd number. For example, if the rotation is set to 5 degrees, instead of 10 switching to 15 degrees it would be 10 to 15.07 and then you can forget about it.

2. I think that it would be really good if you could set up shortcuts in wpledit.ini to a combination of two buttons like it is for rotation [The Y+L Alt or R Alt]. Also, to add to this, the gun and "teleport player to camera position" can't be changed nor disabled. Would be nice if it was possible to personalize that too.

3. Is there any possibility that this tool could generate .ini files? Something like Simple Native Trainer can but with all of the goodies that WPL Tool is offering :p

I have a problem where the guy I am working with needs different layout of coordinates in order to load them, so the .ipl file as it is can`t be used. But that .ini file that Simple Native Trainer exports can, although setting up objects with it is a major pain in the neck.

4. The line in the wpledit.ini -  "VECTOR_DIGITS=" seems to refer to both, number of digits before and after the decimal instead of the total number? As in, instead of being 123.456 or 1.23456, it is 123456.123456 if the value is set to "VECTOR_DIGITS=6", then later the tool itself automatically starts converting, rounding up those numbers once it exports to .ipl and that might generate some bugs that I stated first note :p

5. I see that the tool can't do anything with files that have an exclamation mark in front of them "!". Is it possible to just hide them from the loading menu [The F1]

6. I still didn't figure it out, but sometimes the preview of available files in the F1 menu can bug out where if you have more objects in the .ide file than the screen it shows.. it just shows the list going to the edge of the screen but does not let you scroll down. No any panning, you can only blind pick objects because you see only first 10 or 15.

7. Didn't figure it out why does it do this, but it does not bother me that much. For some reason, the moment I change the name of the file over console [ File Name ] the option to load placement files just keeps showing "No any available files" [Or whatever was the message]. But if I keep it with the default name, the _TEMP_PLACMENT, then it works just fine.

8. Is there a possibility that you could make an option to group objects and then, for example, rotate them along the joint axis instead of each rotating along the individual axis? Or would the object have to be exported as a single object and then loaded again in order to make it work?

9. Not sure if this was available in version 0.4.5, but it would be nice to have multiple copy/duplicate option in case if I selected several objects with brush tool [R+W] and then wanted to make instance of each to offset it

That is it for now! Hope it helps at least a bit.
I will edit the post later with a small garage I have made by using this tool and only objects inside of GTA world :)

I will write again as soon as I get more into work, until then.. good luck with development!
Keep it up!

• Mega likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users