Quantcast

» «
Photo

What affects Mission Failures statistics, that are not missions.

26 replies to this topic
HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award [GTAO]

Posted 25 February 2016 - 07:34 PM Edited by HalfOfAKebab, 25 February 2016 - 07:59 PM.

The title is worded oddly, so I'll explain more. When you start a mission, your mission attempts stat goes up. If you pass, the missions passed stat goes up with it. If you fail, the stats aren't affected, meaning your missions passed stat will be one less than the mission attempts stat. There are some things that aren't actual missions, but still change these stats. An example of one of these things is the Pimping side-mission. What are the rest of them?

I ask this because I'm making a save with 100% progress and zero missions failed. I'm doing it in such a way that will maximize my chances of passing a mission; doing the 100% requirements that give benefits, such as the Ambulance, Vigilante and Firefighter missions early on will give me advantages which mean I'm less likely to die in a mission.

Here's a list of all the ones I'm aware of. I'll update this as people reply to this thread, just in case anyone else is curious of this. Items with a ? marked next to them are ones I'm not completely sure of. I'd be very grateful if anyone could confirm or deny some of these!

• Pimping side-mission

• All three Courier side-missions?

• BMX

• NRG-500

• All three Chiliad Challenges?

• Ambulance side-mission?

• Firefighter side-mission?

• Burglary?

Thanks a lot in advance!

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:38 PM Edited by Militia, 25 February 2016 - 08:42 PM.

Not sure what you mean by this, but I already answered this in my SA Guide Topic...Or something similar to this Topic...

I said 162 Attempts and 144 Passed is the BEST you can have, despite the offsets.  What offsets the Missions Passed and Attempted is 8 Trucking Missions, 7 Quarry Missions, 2 of the 3 Chiliad Challenges, and Cesar's Phone Call about the Courier stuff when you get to San Fierro.

Each time Cesar calls and says "The Cash Is Leaving Los Santos Again" where you can reply positively or negatively, this WILL add an Attempt to the Stats every single time.  Same when he calls and says "Right CJ, but they are using Bikes.  They go cross country."  These add attempts every time to the Stats.  HOWEVER, you can avoid all the Calls but the very first time he tells you about this.  Avoiding all the calls will obviously make the Mission Attempts Stat lower...You basically have to KNOW when Cesar will call.  You have to be on a Mission, inside a Vehicle, or inside a Safehouse to avoid the calls...

I was able to get 162 Attempts on my most current Mobile Save.  Went through as quick as possible to 100% without failing a single thing, and since the AP conversion trick works on Mobile, I just converted Vehicles into AP form without actually getting any from Missions and failing them to do so.  I always wanted to know the Minimum Stats you can get in SA and now I found out doing my own playthrough on Mobile.

Arcade Games, Beefy Baron adds attempts, even though these aren't required for 100%...

Comment 407

• HalfOfAKebab likes this

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:47 PM

That information is extremely helpful, thank you! It'll help me a lot when I get further into the save. However, it doesn't quite answer my question.

Not sure what you mean by this [...]

Okay, so there are things that tick up the missions attempted stat, yeah? Let's use Pimping as an example. If I fail Pimping, the save is ruined because then I can't get 162 attempts/144 passes. However, I can do the Vigilante side-mission as many times as I want without it affecting these two stats. Does that make sense?

I'm basically asking for a list of everything that increases the mission attempts stat.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:50 PM Edited by Militia, 25 February 2016 - 08:52 PM.

Ah, now I know what you mean.  I'll have someone else maybe answer that one for you, as when I fail something, I just reload the game and re-do it with NOT failing.

However, if you PASS something, and then later re-try it, like a Side Mission, like Vigilante or Pimping, it will NOT add to Attempts, since the Mission is already passed.  Like, if Vigilante Level 12 is passed, you can activate Vigilante again, 500 times if you'd like, but it won't add +500 to the Stats.  You positive that when you activate Vigilante it doesn't add +1 to Attempts?  It does for me.  Like, for finding Rare Vehicles in Vigilante, it's best doing this AFTER Level 12 is passed, so it doesn't add Attempts.

Strange stuff with "House Party" and "Jizzy" Missions.  Like, when you go into the red marker for House Party at the Burger Shot, I BELIEVE it adds an Attempt, and ALSO adds an Attempt when you go into the red marker in Grove Street.  Same for Jizzy.  There is a red marker in Doherty at the Safehouse, and then it instructs you to go to the Pleasure Dome.  Each red marker adds an Attempt, but later it seems to fix itself after the full Mission is passed.

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:01 PM

[...] when I fail something, I just reload the game and re-do it with NOT failing.

I would, too, but I think it'd be much more of an achievement if I did it without doing things like that ;).

However, if you PASS something, and then later re-try it, like a Side Mission, like Vigilante or Pimping, it will NOT add to Attempts, since the Mission is already passed.  Like, if Vigilante Level 12 is passed, you can activate Vigilante again, 500 times if you'd like, but it won't add +500 to the Stats.  You positive that when you activate Vigilante it doesn't add +1 to Attempts?  It does for me.  Like, for finding Rare Vehicles in Vigilante, it's best doing this AFTER Level 12 is passed, so it doesn't add Attempts.

Does this mean that Vigilante (and, I'm assuming, Paramedic and Firefighter) will keep adding onto the attempts until you actually complete level 12? This brings another question: what about the Taxi side-mission - do I have to complete all 50 fares in one attempt?

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:06 PM

Yes, absolutely correct.  All the R3 Missions are like that.  Only once PASSED are you in the clear to activate those again and it NOT add Attempts.  Yes.  50 Fares in a row is a MUST if you want 162 Attempts.  I have the 50 Fares done in my SA PS2 Starter Save and used Pay and Spray twice I believe to complete all 50.  Strangely enough, in III, VC, and LCS the Fares do NOT need to be done in a row.  You can activate it as much as you want, and ONLY AFTER getting all 100 will it add +1 to Attempts, but also +1 to Passed.  SA and VCS makes you do them in a row if you want perfect Stats...

Everything you want to know, I've done for all the GTA's in the Series, literally.  It's not just SA that I know about.  I know them all and what the MINIMUM Stats are.

III = 73

VC = 88

SA = 162

LCS = 113

VCS = 113

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:26 PM

This is a bit off-topic now, but do you have any idea what the absolute ultimate save would be? 0 deaths, 162/144, 100% accuracy, 100% headshots, $0 spent (or, at least, the minimum amount of money possible to spend and still complete the game), 100% girlfriend progress, etc.?

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:33 PM Edited by Militia, 25 February 2016 - 09:36 PM.

It depends on everyone's definition of "ultimate."  For me, the ULTIMATE Save in ANY of the GTA Games would be 100% Completion, 0 Deaths (Or Minimum Required for Special Vehicles), 0 Busted, 0 Cheats, 0 Missions Failed (Or Minimum Required for Special Vehicles), and all existing Special Vehicles that I can fit in the garages and have the abilities to obtain, etc, etc.  However, in regards specifically to SA, unlike any other GTA out there, there is Special Vehicles in SA that unfortunately REQUIRE a Death since there is no other way to fail the Mission.  So if you want an ULTIMATE Save with Special Vehicles, you must take into account what can be passed and failed, etc, etc.  To me Special Vehicles > Stats, so I don't mind if I absolutely MUST fail since the Special Vehicle is always more valuable to me, however, if there is a way to pass the Mission whilst obtaining it, I do that.  Furthermore, if there is Methods to get MULTIPLE Vehicles at the SAME TIME with only needing ONE Failure, instead of multiple Failures, I also do that.  So it really depends on what kind of Save you are going for.

Like in my PS2 Save, I have 206 Mission Attempts, but this is due to 30-40 Special Vehicles in which REQUIRED a Mission Failure and 3 Special Vehicles in which REQUIRED a Death, even, PLUS all the Mission Offsets (18 of them) as I explained in my first message in this Topic.  That is why it's a lot higher than 162, like I have in my Mobile Save for SA.

When I do an SA Playthrough, I never do the 70/70 Stunt Jumps, 100% for all 6 Girlfriends, Burglary, Arcade Games, Beefy Baron, Lowrider Challenge, etc, etc, etc so I wouldn't know the answers to those questions :p

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:42 PM

Is there enough garage space in the game to store absolutely every special vehicle in the game?

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:54 PM

Nope.  There is 17 Garages in SA and 4 Vehicles (no matter the size) can fit in each of them.  17 x 4 = 68.  Now, there is also Impounds, which are "hidden" and really only for "advanced players" and these can store only 3 Vehicles in each, unlike the normal Garages.  So 68 Vehicles can fit in the 17 normal Garages and then 9 Vehicles can fit in the 3 Impound Garages giving you a GRAND TOTAL of 77 spots to store Vehicles in SA.  I have 61 in my PS2 Save, but I know others who filled all 77 spots.

Bottom line is there is more Special Vehicles in SA compared to Garage Space, so getting ALL of them is not gonna work, but if you look over what can be obtained, you can prioritize.  Like, if you want AP Vehicles only, there is 37 of them.  This isn't counting any of the EC Vehicles.  This isn't counting any BP/EP/FP Vehicles or BP/FP Vehicles, etc, etc.  JUST Vehicles that are AP.  With prioritizing what you want to get and what is most important to you will help out a lot before starting.

If you want to go for Special Vehicles but NOT the ones that require a Failure or a Death, you can also do this.  I know people who are into that, too.  Again, you can have a nice Collection (20+) and 162 Attempts...

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:07 PM

All of this makes me upset that there's no way to have an ultimate save without someone's opinion going against it :(. I think I'll just do a 100% progress, 162 attempts... :p.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:13 PM Edited by Militia, 25 February 2016 - 10:13 PM.

162 Attempts is rather difficult, though.  You need to do a lot of Missions in a row, especially in San Fierro without saving the game and always try to be in a Vehicle, on a Mission, or inside a Safehouse when you think Cesar might call.  What I did to avoid his calls was NOT pick up the Phone when other people called.  If you do that, the game will prioritize the calls coming into CJ's Phone.  Calls about upcoming Missions will always be flagged as more important than Cesar's Yay Courier Calls.  I just didn't answer the Phone when anybody called and tried to do all of San Fierro's Missions up to Yay Ka Boom Boom as quickly as I could.

Anyways, good luck! :D :p

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 February 2016 - 11:07 PM

Can't you just not pick up the phone? If you need to pick up the phone to unlock the next mission, do you just have to pick up the phone and hope it's not Cesar calling you about yay?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 25 February 2016 - 11:27 PM Edited by OrionSR, 25 February 2016 - 11:28 PM.

IIRC, Smoke's Courier missions can be passed for a completed attempt, providing a slightly higher attempt:completed ratio.  Bamspeedy's Stat FAQ includes all the details of which missions count for attempts and completed. There are lot's of odd examples off missions counting twice in the Catalina strand. I can't remember if they even out eventually or not.

I don't care if it adds an attempt or not, I want the infinite sprint bonus from Burglary right from the start.  Watch out for pool and video games.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2016 - 11:40 PM Edited by Militia, 25 February 2016 - 11:53 PM.

Burglary seemed to not add it in the Mobile Save or khsh97's Starter Save for Mobile, cuz he as well has only 2 offsets, from the Chiliad Challenges, which happens to me on PS2, too.

Lowrider Challenge seems to not affect the Stats, either.  However, Beefy Baron does, cuz I tried it in my Mobile Save to get the Berkley's RC Van with ease, but then I saw when I failed it, that it adds an Attempt.

@Orion, the user 1kc, I believe it was, in the Proof/Rare Topic did all the stuff in the game, besides the barebones 100%, and when he finished he had 146 Passed and 164 Attempts, I believe it was.  He has it somewhere in the Topic, I am saying this from memory right now, though.

Yeah, all the Pool and Video Games stuff adds Attempts.

I also did NOT know about the Cesar Calls....I just tried to avoid them.

@HalfOfAKebab, CJ automatically will pick the Phone up.  You can't get it out of it.  Like, on PS2, idk about PC and other Platforms, but on PS2, it will say Press L1 to answer the Phone.  But when Cesar Calls, it's like a Mission, once you are in, you can't go back, or get out of it.  This is why I just try to avoid these at all cost...

Also, fnxrak may be able to help.  I know in his PC Save, he did all that other Side Activities like Basketball, Pool, Beefy Baron, etc, etc, etc.  Maybe he can tell us what his Mission Passed Stat is.  It's only 144 for me, since I do the BARE minimum, and when doing that, you get 162 as the lowest, and this is with avoiding Cesar's Calls...

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:28 AM

Bamspeedy's Stat FAQ includes all the details of which missions count for attempts and completed.

This is very nice. I learned a lot by just briefly scrolling down for a couple minutes. I'll definitely bookmark it.

CJ automatically will pick the Phone up.  You can't get it out of it.  Like, on PS2, idk about PC and other Platforms, but on PS2, it will say Press L1 to answer the Phone.  But when Cesar Calls, it's like a Mission, once you are in, you can't go back, or get out of it.  This is why I just try to avoid these at all cost...

How do you avoid them, then? It seems like they happen at any time, so how should I go about avoiding them?

Fooking Rekt
  • Fooking Rekt

Special Vehicle Collector

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:04 AM

Burglary adds attempts untill you conplete it.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2016 - 11:49 AM Edited by Militia, 26 February 2016 - 11:52 AM.

@HalfOfAKebab, like I said, you need to be on a Mission, inside a Safehouse, inside a Vehicle, or on another Call, that is more important than Cesar's Calls to avoid his Calls.  The Calls happen USUALLY after Wear Flowers in Your Hair and go until Yay Ka Boom Boom is passed.  So it's best to speed through these Missions, trying to do many in a row without saving, etc, etc.  That's how I avoided them.

The Calls happen certain in game days of the week, as well as certain times of day.  Usually, at the top of the hour, or early in the morning, like 4:00 in game time he will try and call CJ.  But if you're in Safehouse, in Vehicle, or on Mission, the Call can NOT come in...

Patrick1994
  • Patrick1994

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 February 2016 - 11:42 PM Edited by Patrick1994, 3 weeks ago.

I read the mission script. I have not tested this all! So read properly and test what I think the mission script says - I am fallible. ^^

The plan is to use this post to predict when the minigame wants to start and at that moment you block it (also, see below). Then you will not get any feedback at all (no "try again"), but you will not get a call, either.

TL;DR (you better read this post fully :D)
[2:31 AM] Patrick: I guess I have a Safe Strat for Every Lazy one - as long as they are not speedrunners. :smile:
[2:32 AM] Patrick: Just save your game past the possible times (see below) for the Cesar jobs. To avoid getting the jobs between the saves, block them by aiming right after saving and getting a wanted level (both block Cesar's jobs - no risk).

Possible times
bcesar2, I call it "Job_Patriot":
Mon/Fri 5:00-16:59

bcesar3, I call it "Job_Sanchez":
Wed/Sat 00:00 - 06:59 and 19:00 - 23:59 (for both days)

How they are unlocked
Job_Patriot: By doing three Catalina missions.
Job_Sanchez: As soon as "Job_Patriot" shows "Try again on Monday/Friday" (-> if you always block it, you will never unlock this job)
It all ends after SF is done (Yay Ka-Boom-Boom or duped Toreno's Last Flight)

Job start conditions
There is a timer (I call it "Cesar_Timer") that runs most of the time and
- when it reaches 400 frames (~15s)
- and onmission=0 (you are not on a mission or call)
- and the weekday and time is one of those listed above (I call that "right time")
then the minigame starts. If Cesar_Timer has reached 400 but the time is not "right", yet, it just keeps on waiting and starts it as soon as the time is "right".

Cesar_Timer
- pauses as long as a onmission=1 (mission or call is going on)
- Is forced to 0 on Sun/Tue/Thu

More info
- It cannot start more than once per day (even if it is blocked)
- Job_Patriot can be blocked by everything that blocks calls (e.g. aiming), Job_Sanchez simply waits until the "block" is lifted (e.g. you stop aiming).
--- The fact that Job_Sanchez cannot be blocked is not too bad, since by always blocking Job_Patriot it never even gets unlocked.

How to block
This is how to block Cesar jobs (or calls, the code is identical)
[.code pasted at the end of the post]:
- dead/busted
- onmission=1 [irrelevant, since Cesar_Timer does not run with onmission=1, anyway]
- in interior
- phone ringing (from "Press ~k~~PED_ANSWER_PHONE~ to answer your cell phone." until dead/busted or ending a call - normally this would be irrelevant, see the note about onmission=1 but with glitches, onmission=0 calls are possible)
- falling
- GF stuff
- help messages disabled by some thread
- player "not controllable" (=cannot start story missions)
- gang war

You can block after saving the game, as there is a half-second time-span where you have control over CJ and onmission=1 - just hold "aim".

// All these conditions have to be true for calls/Cesar jobs *not* to be blocked
  99498      `   if( 0256: player $PLAYER_CHAR defined ) {
  99514      `     if( $ONMISSION == 0 ) {
  99532      `       if( $ACTIVE_INTERIOR == 0 ) {
  99550      `         if( $PHONE_RINGING_FLAG == 0 ) {
  99568      `           if( $FREEFALL_STAGE == 0 ) {
  99586      `             if( 88B4: not test $390 bit 1 ) {
  99604      `               if( 88B4: not test $390 bit 20 ) {
  99622      `                 if( 89BE: not are_text_boxes_locked_to_any_thread ) {
  99635      `                   if( 03EE: player $PLAYER_CHAR controllable ) {
  99651      `                     if( 044B: actor $PLAYER_ACTOR on_foot ) {
  99667      `                       if( 8A03: not unknown_gang_war_in_progress ) {
  • MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

Craig
  • Craig

‹bergrunde

• None
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted 27 February 2016 - 12:44 AM

I may be talking out of my arse here, but roll with me - say you complete the vigilante or paramedic missions very early on. If repeated attempts don't count as failed mission attempts, could one technically start either of them and "protect" yourself from phone calls? This way, you can opt in and out as you travel from mission to mission without affecting your attempted missions stat.

• MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 27 February 2016 - 01:19 AM Edited by Militia, 27 February 2016 - 01:32 AM.

Absolutely.  People do this in the 13.37% Starter Save, too.  You know when CJ rides the BMX to Grove Street and says "Grove Street, Home.  At least it was before I f*cked everything up."  Well this dialog can be SAVED and NOT activated in the Starter Save.  People do it by COMPLETING Vigilante or a Side Mission like that and then using it to store Vehicles in the Ganton Garage and get the near-by Spray Can on top of a Building outside of Grove Street for the Spray Tags.  If you do that, CJ will not say this dialog and it can be saved until after 13.37% of the game is done with.

But yeah, this can probably be used to skip the Phone Calls for Cesar, too...Good idea.

Another thing, when you get the "Mission Passed!" Music, quickly run into the save icon (if near) or get into a Vehicle.  While the Music is playing, you can't get a Phone Call from Cesar.  When I save in San Fierro, I usually drive a Vehicle or Bike RIGHT UP TO the save icon and get out/off and the second CJ touches ground, he's on the icon and it goes into the saving screen.  Then when you are done saving, you have a Vehicle near by to quickly get back into and proceed with the Story Missions...

Craig
  • Craig

‹bergrunde

• None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 27 February 2016 - 01:45 AM

Absolutely.  People do this in the 13.37% Starter Save, too.  You know when CJ rides the BMX to Grove Street and says "Grove Street, Home.  At least it was before I f*cked everything up."  Well this dialog can be SAVED and NOT activated in the Starter Save.  People do it by COMPLETING Vigilante or a Side Mission like that and then using it to store Vehicles in the Ganton Garage and get the near-by Spray Can on top of a Building outside of Grove Street for the Spray Tags.  If you do that, CJ will not say this dialog and it can be saved until after 13.37% of the game is done with.

Yeah, I had briefly forgotten about seeing somebody complete tags during the pimping side mission. There are points in between drop offs where you aren't timed, making it ideal for such an extensive list. I also saw Zmoonchild doing the courier missions whilst tagging, that was a good idea - two birds, one stone. It is more difficult however, as the courier missions are timed. While the BMX always spawns, Broadways can be trickier to come by so it's all about preference and luck. Both have their pros and cons.

Anyway, I'm going off topic, keeping emergency vehicles in your garages until Yay-Ka-Boom-Boom is a good idea. Just be mindful of the day of the week.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 27 February 2016 - 01:59 AM

Exactly.  I watched zmoonchild's Starter Save and all that, too.  It makes it more challenging, but that is why I like SA.  It makes it a lot more fun and rewarding.  This is also why I do the Special Vehicles.  Makes the game so much better and more interesting...

Good idea about keeping them in the Garages, but note that this wouldn't work for someone who collects.  By the time you START San Fierro, you already have stuff in Doherty, and when you finish San Fierro, all 4 Garages with 4 Vehicles in each is taken up.

Craig
  • Craig

‹bergrunde

• None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 27 February 2016 - 02:53 AM

True, it really is one or the other with something like this. There's nothing stopping you from maintaining multiple saves with different functions I guess, but having just one save is the dream, right? While cop cars aren't all that rare, they can be a pain to obtain sometimes.

While I think on, is there any other player conditions that could affect the phone calls, like wanted levels?

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 27 February 2016 - 11:24 AM

I have my dream Save on PS2 and my "Side," for fun Save on Mobile :p

About Wanted Levels, you will still get a Call if you're on foot...

Craig
  • Craig

‹bergrunde

• None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 27 February 2016 - 05:04 PM

Ah, just wondered if anything was altered when you have wanted stars. You probably have more options than anywhere else in San Fierro when it comes to using missions to avoid phone calls - as well as taxis and emergency service vehicles, you could acquire Jizzy's Broadway (though this would take up a garage slot) or you could use the courier mission found at Hippy Shopper.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:02 PM Edited by MorsPrincipiumEst, 31 August 2017 - 09:12 PM.

Ignore all my past Comments in this Topic since I never actually sat down, played to 100% while pausing after EVERY SINGLE TASK required for 100% to see what the Offsets were.  The good news is, I did this recently and know the Offsets...For PS2.  The bad news is, just that, it's PS2 ONLY.  Offsets are actually DIFFERENT depending on the Platforms and Versions of SA.

For PS2 V1, however, there is a grand total of 19 Offsets.  They are as follows: Chiliad Challenge, Gym Moves in LS, SF, and LV, Driving School, Flying School, 6 Quarry Missions, and 7 Trucking Missions.

Notice, I include the LS, SF, and LV Gym Moves.  I also play on Mobile and can assure you that Gym Moves do NOT add anything to Attempts OR Passed, while on PS2, they add +1 to Attempts each and nothing to Passed.  See?  Platform/Version differences.

When you finish SA on PS2 V1 without failing ANYTHING.....AND AVOIDING CESAR'S PHONE CALLS ABOUT THE YAY, you should have 143 Passed / 162 Attempts.  People usually finish to 100% with 144 Passed and this is due to Cesar's Patriot Yay Courier Call but I know how to avoid all Calls possible but it requires speedrunning a bit from King in Exile through Yay Ka Boom Boom and even more importantly, you need to always be in/on a Vehicle and/or have a 1 Star Wanted Level, or any Wanted Level for that matter.  Why?  Cuz you can't get ANY Calls with a Wanted Level.  Cesar's annoying Calls usually happen the moment you step out of the Car or off the Bike and if you have no Wanted Level, you're f*cked and get the Call, however, if you have a Wanted Level and quickly run into the Red Marker for the next Mission, he can't call.  Also, he only calls on certain days of the week, so being aware of what day it is also can help to avoid the Calls, too.

About these Calls, though, if you do get them and actually tend to the bullsh*t and pass them, meaning getting the money from the Patriot and Sanchez, they add +1 to Attempts AND Passed.  But that's only if you do them.  If you get the Call and deny it every time, +1 to Attempts and NOTHING to Passed, which will add up to more than 19 Offsets.  The biggest challenge in SA for a Save with Minimum Attempts is avoiding his Calls but speedrunning the San Fierro Mission Strands from beginning to end, having a Wanted Level, being inside a Vehicle or Interior, and being aware of the current day in-game will allow you to avoid them all and once Yay Ka Boom Boom is passed, you can stop worrying about the Calls.

Make note that there is OTHER Offsets, however, some seem to CANCEL OUT.  Like, during House Party, you go into a Red Marker at the Burger Shot which will give you +1 to Attempts but nothing to Passed and the Red Marker will say "House Party," but then you must go into a second Red Marker in Grove Street which also will say "House Party."  "Jizzy" is another one of these.  You go into a Red Marker in Doherty that says "Jizzy" and then later have to go to the Pleasure Domes and into a second Red Marker that says "Jizzy."  However, like I said, these cancel out eventually.  I've done Missions in the Story where they added +1 to Passed but NOTHING to Attempts, oddly enough.  An example is NRG-500 Challenge.  This adds +1 to Passed, but nothing to Attempts.

If you do a Starter Save, there is 3 total Chiliad Challenges, while 2 of them give an Offset, but since NRG-500 adds +1 to Passed and nothing to Attempts, one of the Offsets cancel out.

Also beware of some Side Missions and such NOT required for 100%.  Things like Burglary and Beefy Baron add +1 to Attempts and NOTHING to Passed.  Sure, you can get Infinite Sprint from Burglary, but at the cost of an extra Mission Attempt, which imo, is not worth it, especially if you have max Stamina and just fast-tap the Button that runs, in my case, it's X on a Playstation Controller.

For other Platforms, there should be 159 Attempts by 100%...Possibly even lower, but not by much.  I am subtracting 3 from 162 to come up with 159 from the Gym Moves which I know on other Platforms are NOT Offsets.  Others on other Platforms and Versions will have to actually do some work to find out the Offsets in those Versions, though.  I won't be the one to do that, of course...

• HalfOfAKebab and SpriteFan274 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users